http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 01:30:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 2/24/12  (Read 824 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »

It's.... The Weekend Playlist.. encouraging your gaming hobby since... mmm, that's ood. Looks like the system didn't feed me any historical factoid(tm) data today. Ok. We shall move on!

So what will be your gaming pleasure this weekend? Me.. *sigh*. I'm having computer problems. My graphics card is dying and I will have to go out and get a cheap replacement a.s.a.p. otherwise 'no gaming' for me. No League Of Legends or Skyrim this weekend.. which is what I would play as soon I replace the damn card.

How about you?

historical factoid is a trademark of PR_GMR
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

Moving my office to the basement on Saturday, so I probably won't have much gaming time.  What is available will be spent with Amalur...really need to finish that up before ME3 hits.  Then I'll need to finish ME3 before Xenoblade Chronicles hits.  On and on and on...

Ah, the Circle of RPG. 

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »

I'm going to try to finish up my renegade playthrough of ME2 before ME3 hits.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »

started Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC,see how long it takes me,ME1 took 27hrs to do everything and that surprised me i am thinking ME2 will be a lot longer

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »

Crusader Kings 2
FM 2012

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »

gotham city impostors with new dlc
some mtgo
UFC 3 if anyone will fight me.  I have a middleweight ready to try
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »

BSGO they just released the new carriers.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 01:38:30 AM »

I pulled the trigger on a Geforce GTX 550 Ti at Best Buy tonight. More card than that I wanted to buy, but I'm replacing a dying Geforce 9800 GT and didn't want to purchase a cheap 'downgrade' card. This way I'll be ready for Guild Wars 2, Diablo III and any of the big games coming out this year. This card will do me for a good while.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »

finishing up Mass Effect 2, then going to work on either Crysis 2 or Dragon Age 2 or Alice Madness Returns or Kingdoms of Amalur or Alan Wake on the PC.  maybe some AssCreedRev or Brutal Legend on the 360 and something on the Wii-  feeling kinda nostalgic so maybe a new Virtual Console title.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:18:48 PM »

Singularity - 360 - Not a AAA title but entertaining enough so far. Some neat effects. Probably 2/3 done so far. I'll get the low hanging achievements and move on.
Too Human - 360 - Haven't touched this lately. Want to get back to it at some point though.
BF3 - 360 - Still playing this.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »

Finished off Singularity. Wasn't really any people playing MP (not surprising) so I'll probably shelf it for now to try for the MP specific achievements later. Got some time in on BF3. Almost finished off the Recon for my first Star.

Probably start something else shortly. Thinking either Nier or Alan Wake. May just return to Darksiders as I stalled on that before. Find something relatively short so I can keep on the roll of clearing backlog items.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »

Put a few more hours into Amalur, finished up the House of Ballads line and jumped back into the main quest.  It's starting to wear a bit thin at the 22-hour mark...I may just try to plow through the main quest at this point rather than getting distracted by every single side mission like I have been.

Got through Season 10 on my Baseball Superstars 2012 career (iPhone).  Oh, and I bought a Vita as well.  Wi-fi issues aside, it's an awfully cool little unit.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »

Didn't get to play squat for the last 7 days  icon_mad
This is week need to catch up on some gaming!

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »

No games were played this weekend (worked all weekend..exhausting), but I did install the new graphics card last night and my 'puter is now running awesome. Can't wait to run 'Skyrim', 'Mass Effect 3' and 'Guild Wars 2' in full-blow settings!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »

After deleting and re-d/l Just Cause 2, I finally got it to launch, and my progress was saved.  I just cracked the 75% completion mark.  One air race that gave me a jet plane to start, I ended up finishing by buying a chopper and hitting the marks that way.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on February 27, 2012, 03:45:06 PM

This is week need to catch up on some gaming!

And your Engrish.  \ /

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 27, 2012, 04:16:09 PM

No games were played this weekend (worked all weekend..exhausting)...

None for me, either.  Saturday was spent in an exhausted stupor after getting absolutely zero sleep Friday night.  Sunday we had an all-day softball tournament, so I got some "gaming" in, just not virtual. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 25, 2012, 02:00:28 AM

finishing up Mass Effect 2, then going to work on either Crysis 2 or Dragon Age 2 or Alice Madness Returns or Kingdoms of Amalur or Alan Wake on the PC.  maybe some AssCreedRev or Brutal Legend on the 360 and something on the Wii-  feeling kinda nostalgic so maybe a new Virtual Console title.

got busy, so I only got some ME2 time in.  finished the main quest, and only have the Shadowbroker and Arrival DLC left.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:46 AM »

Finished off Dead Space 2 late in the week, and it made it into my top 5 from last year. Holy crap was that thing entertaining. I also DL'd Deus EX: HR on steam as it was only $10 and thus far I'm liking it. It's a little crash happy for my taste, but overall it's a heck of a lot of fun. Also fired up Psychonauts again on steam and played through the first bit in the camp. Not as funny as I remember, but I did recall it being a bit slow at the start. Still fun after all this time. Although to add insult to injury, apparently I don't have the steam achievements for Half Life 2 even though I played through it like three times. I'm guessing I just never played through it on PC once the Orange Box hit so another run through will have to commence post haste.

I did, however, recently discover Depths of Peril courtesy of EdX's glowing review of it. Wow. It's Diablo but with competing in-town guilds (who will absolutely raid your guild if you're not all up on your diplomacy skills), and monsters in the field can, if left unchecked, form their own groups and really mess up your day. Overally, it's terrific. Thanks Ed!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: