http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:16:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 2/17/12  (Read 847 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »

It's... The Weekend Playlist.. fostering your gaming hobby since 1937, the year in which one of English's best known literary classics was published. You may have read it in high school. Hell, I think we all did: John Steinbeck's 'Of Mice And Men' was first published in 1937.

So let's get right to it: What will your gaming pleasure be this week? Myself, I've a three day weekend, so I will have some time for League Of Legends and maybe something else that I've been ignoring. Maybe some Skyrim. How about you?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:16:17 PM by PR_GMR » Logged
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

KoA: Reckoning - having fun with this in short spourts
FM2012 - Trying to save Aston Villa from regulation. Taking over a mid-tier premiere team with some dubious talent is tough.  Will be picking up some young defensive talent asap. 

Maybe pick up Crusader Kings 2

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

PS3 - Amalur:Reckoning (I am addicted) and Twisted Metal (fun and fast)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:37:03 PM »

I dunno. Probably some Shank 2 to finish up a review, Gunstringer, and perhaps some Diablo 3 beta (after the char. wipe) as well as getting further into either MW3, BF3 or SWTFU2.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »

Tonight will be spent at the bar.

Since it appears that I need a cable tech to come to the apt to bump me up a tier on my internet speed, I might not be able to make the local boardgaming meetup on Saturday.  

Maybe some Borderlands, possibly the Crusader Kings demo again.  Then there's Tiger Woods, NHL 10...  I still don't have anything on the radar that's just dying to be played, but I'm trying to get some in.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »

Picked up Space Marine this week. Wasn't sold on it (Scottish Orks? Really?) until I shoved my chainsaw into an Ork's mouth then stomped his body into nothingness. I think I'm in love.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »

Been trying to get into FF XIII-2, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.  Might pick up Kingdoms of Amalur instead, and come back to FF later.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »

I've never read Of Mice and Men.

SWTOR and maybe some ME2 DLC.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 17, 2012, 04:04:12 PM

I've never read Of Mice and Men.

Whaaaa? You lie!  icon_razz
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »

Tell me about the rabbits, Teggy.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:09:11 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »

Nope - I think it was read in the regular english track class and I was in the advanced class.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »

Wife has been out of town since Tuesday, not returning until the 25th, leaving me a perfect window of unsupervised time to guzzle beer and get caught up on my backlog.  But I continue to struggle to find some level of gaming direction.  Tried getting back into Batman: Arkham City but when it switched over to Catwoman I quickly lost interest as her story just makes things disjointed and feels tacked-on.  Thought about finally taking the plastic wrap off of Gears of War 3 but wasn't in the mood for a linear shooter.  Skyrim is another viable option but its slow pace didn't seem to fit my mood.  I really enjoy the Assassin's Creed series so Revelations might help to snap my gaming rut. 

But last night I just switched from game to game until deciding to watch District 13: Ultimatum (not as fun as the first) and then an episode of Archer.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 17, 2012, 04:07:48 PM

Nope - I think it was read in the regular english track class and I was in the advanced class.

I missed a ton of books that 'everybody' had read because I went from the advanced course to the regular course when I got lazy.  We never read them in the AT course and the regular course had already read all the staples by then.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 17, 2012, 04:07:48 PM

You must have seen its pop culture impact though. The abominable snowman from Bugs Bunny was basically Lennie.

Long story short, George and Lennie are friends during the great depression, and Lennie is "special" - George often entertains him with stories of owning their own farm - Lennie is fixated on owning rabbits and growing alfalfa for them. He's a monstrous mountain of a man, and while working as a farmhand accidentally ...

Spoiler for the LayZ reedir:
...breaks the neck of the farmers daughter while "petting" her golden hair.

He flees, and eventually George finds him and, as George is his keeper, he mercifully puts him down before Lennie would go to trial and be hanged for murder.

The line "Tell me again of the bunny rabbits, George..." was right before George shot him from behind.[/url]
It's definitely worth a read, and it's not very long.

Did you end up reading The Chrysalids, Farenheit 451, Animal Farm, Brave New World or Old Man and the Sea?

I recommend the first three if you have not. BNW and OMS, IMHO, are horrid to read. It's like reading the Poisonwood Bible.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »

I've never read any of your list, Purge, except OMS.  I preferred For Whom the Bell Tolls from Hemingway.  But we did get Of Mice and Men.  And I was advanced track all the way through HS.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »

Somehow I lost my response...

Anyway, we didn't read any of those. Of what I can remember: Tale of Two Cities, Canterbury Tales, Romeo and Juliet, Richard III, Hamlet, Death of A Salesman, Invisible Man, The Oddyssey, 1984.

WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »

Warp - what a really great little game. It just oozes charm

Some KoA as well....it's fun for an hour-ish or so.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »

keeping on with my Mass Effect 2 renegade playthrough interspersed with Alan Wake, both on the PC.  AssCreedRev may get fired up on the 360, long with maybe some Eternal Darkness on the Wii.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 17, 2012, 07:12:56 PM

keeping on with my Mass Effect 2 renegade playthrough interspersed with Alan Wake, both on the PC.  AssCreedRev may get fired up on the 360, long with maybe some Eternal Darkness on the Wii.

When are you going to start replying to these threads with?:

I am playing the witcher 2 this weekend, and I am not buying another game until I finish it or decide I do not like it.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »

Just started on Skyrim today. Planning on watching the Mojam stream on and off this weekend. I have some achs to complete in WoW and might play a little D3 beta after the patch and char wipe. I've some some work to complete this weekend as well...  icon_frown
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »

UFC 3, Fear 3, Mass Effect 3 demo, Gotham City Imposters, and counting to 3.

Edit: Starfarer on PC too

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:25 PM »

Too Human - 360 - Started this Wed. It's ...interesting enough I guess. Certainly a different take on the Norse mythology. Not sure how I feel about it so far.
BF3 - 360 - Still playing this. Almost done unlocking the Karkand weapons. Need some Jeep and APC kills yet.
Halo 3 - Legendary Co-op - Probably play this sometime over the weekend. Not sure what my brother will want to do next after it's done. I generally can't get him to try new stuff.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »

Although i got pretty fed up of them last year when playing back to back,I Just Re-downloaded all the DLC for Mass Effect 1 and 2(not the weapon packs),deleted all my saves so going to start afresh ready for when ME3 is released,lets see how i do

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »

Played a bit of MW3 MP yesterday with m4cker and a group of his friends, but I lost interest quickly as they only wanted to play the infected game type and my hatred of it extends back to the Halo 3 days.  I still wanted to play something, and I wasn't in the mood for anything too content-heavy, so I delved into the SP campaign.  Despite all of the negative press surrounding the last few COD campaigns, I'm about 25% of the way through and each new set piece is more exciting and tense than the last.  I'm enjoying it WAY more than Black Ops and will probably play the rest of the way through in the next few days. 

My gaming interest isn't completely restored, but MW3's SP campaign is at least motivating me to turn on the Xbox. I may get into Gears 3 soon as well.  Getting into a kind of shooter mood.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 06:56:56 AM »

I've spent 14 hours with Kingdoms of Amalur since Friday.  It's basically Skyrim, but with a far better combat system and not quite as pretty.  I find myself enjoying it far more than I did Skyrim, which pretty much bored me to tears after the first 10'ish hours.  I'm not sure I'll make it all the way through (in 14 hours, I haven't even cleared the first of what appears to be 5 zones), but it's certainly scratching that open-world RPG itch far better than anything else has in a while.  I have the day off tomorrow and Mrs. Gratch and the little one have a play date, so I'm sure I'll get in at least another 4-6 hours with it.

Also spent a ton of time with Fairway Solitaire on iPhone.  This is a fantastic port...unlike Faerie Solitaire, which was completely awful.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 07:33:57 AM »

Finished up Halo 3 Co-op session with my brother and played some BF3.

Thinking about starting on Singularity and work on Too Human in the background.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 17, 2012, 07:12:56 PM

mostly ME2 got played, with some AC:R.  I have kinda forgot where I am in that game, and I'm not sure I'm willing to restart it so it may get permanently put aside.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »

Downloaded Crusader Kings 2 and I spent almost the entire weekend with it.   I did fire up the D3 beta to try out the new changes and I like what I see. Got a Witch Doctor to 10 and a Monk to 6. They ramped up the difficulty on normal which is a good thing as I had to use a potions a few times until I got my Zombie dogs pets

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »

Ahh Planet Hopping,how i hate thee ....13 hrs in on Mass Effect,just left Noveria,but have about half the planets searched

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »

I got in some time with the Crusader Kings 2 demo, a bit of Borderlands, and a game or Puerto Rico at the local board game meetup.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 20, 2012, 12:14:07 PM

Ahh Planet Hopping,how i hate thee ....13 hrs in on Mass Effect,just left Noveria,but have about half the planets searched

I always explore the non-main quest planets first, that way once I hit the main missions I can usually plow through them.  the only drawback to that method I found is that you may not have enough time to romance Liara if you want too.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2012, 06:13:08 PM

I always explore the non-main quest planets first, that way once I hit the main missions I can usually plow through them.  the only drawback to that method I found is that you may not have enough time to romance Liara if you want too.

pretty much what i have done now really(there is more or less a side mission in every system,within each cluster),as i am level 40(the levels just whiz by),and about to go to Feros,i have half a dozen systems to go,and that's only because 2 systems appear when i am 80 Paragon or Renegade and another system appears after i have done Feros..then all i have is Virmire,Citadel visit 2 and Ilos and that's it.....Liara has told me that I should concentrate on catching Saren and not on her tits icon_confused...20 hrs in,playing on normal

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 20, 2012, 10:03:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2012, 06:13:08 PM

pretty much what i have done now really(there is more or less a side mission in every system,within each cluster),as i am level 40(the levels just whiz by),and about to go to Feros,i have half a dozen systems to go,and that's only because 2 systems appear when i am 80 Paragon or Renegade and another system appears after i have done Feros..then all i have is Virmire,Citadel visit 2 and Ilos and that's it.....Liara has told me that I should concentrate on catching Saren and not on her tits icon_confused...20 hrs in,playing on normal
I hate it when women tell me that.  icon_cry

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 17, 2012, 03:37:03 PM

I dunno. Probably some Shank 2 to finish up a review, Gunstringer, and perhaps some Diablo 3 beta (after the char. wipe) as well as getting further into either MW3, BF3 or SWTFU2.

Got some Shank 2 in before I LOST MY HARD DRIVE. Diablo 3 beta (single run through as a monk). Had some problems with my 360 controller on the PC so I gave up on SWTFU2, which I hadn't gotten very far into (thankfully) since I LOST MY HARD DRIVE.

Played a little SMB Wii with my son. Little bit of Bullet Asylum on my WP7.

... and nothing else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: