http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 08:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 1/6/12  (Read 434 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:07:45 PM »

It's!!!!!.... The first Weekend Playlist of the new year!!... pushing your gaming hobby since 1937, the year in which one of the world's major entertainment companies had their breakthrough. These days the name is synonymous with big-screen family entertainment. Back then, they were just an upstart (well, just a man) who had started making animated films just 9 years before in 1928 with 'Steamboat Willie'. Yes, it's the Disney company, and the man Walt Disney. Their release on Christmas 1937 was the first ever full-length animated film ever made.. and it was in color.. and with sound! 'Snow White And The Seven Dwarves' is released and it marks the beginning of Disney's successes and the first film in their canon.

So.. what will be your gaming pleasure? I am too just a man trying to make films.. so this weekend I'm going to be working on a video project and trying my best to avoid gaming. If I do game, it'll be a toss-up between Skyrim, Star Wars: The Old Republic and League Of Legends. How about you?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »

Been messing around with SPAZ and a return to Torchlight.  I've got plenty of other stuff in Steam to tide me over until my new rig gets here (Your order has been "approved"; Whatever that means).

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »

Trying to prevent too many "orphaned" games this year, so I will work on Enslaved in between SWTOR.

If I finish Enslaved I may fire up Mass Effect, as I want to replay both games and DLC prior to ME3.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:24:28 PM »

More SWTOR for me.  Feels strange being addicted to an MMO, of all things.  Trying to get back into Chrono Cross as well, but playing on the small PSP screen is proving to be somewhat problematic.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »

Steam sale and Humble Bundle backlog for me - Serious Sam 3 is top of the list right now, along with finishing off Cthulhu Saves the World and maybe Revenge of the Titans.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »

i spent the last week emptying my SKY+ box(i dunno what it is in the states...TiVo?..DVR?),so now that it's empty i can get back to Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox 1

I have also been sent James Bond:Bloodstone for 360 from my rental place,so gonna be checking that out this weekend as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »

As the semester approaches and I continue to prep obsessively for my pharmacy school interview, I think it's high time I take a break from life and get back to gaming.  Today I'm going to look over my haul from Christmas and see what strikes me.  My options include Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Gears of War 3, Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim, Forza 4 (which I've been playing quite a bit), and of course MW3 which I had just prior to the holidays. 

I really have no idea what to choose.   icon_confused

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »

Planning on wrapping the storyline for Saints Row 3 this weekend. I absolutely love the insanity of it all. If I finish it up I'm also going to fire up LEGO Star Wars: The Clone Wars and see how that goes

Overall there's not a lot of games in 2012 that I'm interested in which is actually a good thing. It'll let me replay some from 2011 that I loved like Dead Island.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »

I think I'm going to give the main story in Skyrim the final push towards finishing it this weekend.  Maybe some Old Republic too, but Tatooine seems to have burned me out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »

SWTOR and MW3, followed by some Forza or AC if pete wants
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »

Terraria and possibly some Dead Island.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »

Batman AA - PS3 - Slogging through this. Almost to the end. Never really grabbed me, but since so close I may as well finish it. I can see the love and effort it was crafted with and it's a good game just not for me for some reason. Looks good and all but I spend most time running around in Detective Mode to find the stuff. Still, I may pick up the sequel eventually when I find it real cheap to see if that one 'clicks'.
MW3 - 360 - Still playing this although usually on my own as my friend list doesn't like Hardcore modes that I'm aware of.
BF3 - 360 - Just made colonel.
Halo CE - 360 - Going through this slowly waiting for my bro to show up for some coop like before.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »

I've got a busy weekend, but will be able to sneak in an hour or two of gaming early Saturday. I've been playing the first Uncharted. I'm not as hooked as I thought I was going to be, but I'm still enjoying it.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 01:51:42 AM »

Took my first foray into Skyrim this afternoon and was sucked in from the start.  That's the one thing Fallout 3 failed to do, was make me feel compelled to continue early on.  Plus, I explored a mine and didn't die, whereas in Fallout I'd wander off the beaten path and have my ass handed to me.

But, after a while I realized I needed more action for the evening so I've gone over to MW3 and have picked right back up where I left off.  Just hit level 73 and hope to prestige soon.  My buddy Sigsauer hasn't been on in quite some time but tonight it looks like we'll finally get a chance to play together again. 

KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 02:02:51 AM »

Skyrim
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 03:16:55 AM »

More Skyrim this weekend...haven't played much else for more than six weeks now...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:22:05 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 12:49:45 AM »

Hopefully I'll get in some Ass Creed Revolations tomorrow, but otherwise been doing some MP GOW3
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 05:44:42 AM »

Finished up Batman AA on Friday. Not bad but probably not going to replay it ever and not bothering with any of the combat challenges.

Probably work on inFamous next as it seems that I've been using the PS3 as a way to take a break from BF3 or MW3 on 360. If I have that on I usually just load up one of them.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

my Xbox 1 broke,quite gutted as i have loved that machine and i had to abandon my Knights of the Old Republic playthru

started and finished Silent Hill 1,played like an ass and looks dated to hell,really wish i could control the camera,but the game is still good and not sure a remake would still have the same effect

in two minds whether to play Silent Hill Origins on my PS2 before the Silent Hill HD collection comes out

I also got in some DC Universe and managed to get to level 10

Also quite enjoying 007 Bloodstone,i can't help humming the 007 theme while playing(especially the driving scenes)...it makes me feel bad for Bizarre Studios even more

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »

Was productive on Saturday and only got a couple of games of League Of Legends in during the weekend.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »

Got in a few more fun rounds of MW3 with friends over the weekend.  Got into a room with some friends I haven't played with in a while (m4cker, Nonnahob, Calvin briefly near the end of the night), and also played with my buddy Sigsauer and Harkonis on Saturday.  I think I made it up to 76 or 77, so perhaps this week I'll finally make the flip.  Hoping to get back into Skyrim as well, but with the wife studying every evening for her upcoming PMP exam on Friday I'm forced to either play games with mediocre headphones or find other silent pursuits while she reviews her material.  Had an all-day softball tournament on Sunday so no online gaming to be had (took 3rd). 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: