http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 11:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 11/2/12  (Read 1398 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »

It's.. The Weekend Playlist! Let's cut to the chase, shall we? What will you be playing this weekend? What's your gaming pleasure?

I've had a rough week. Hurricane Sandy wrecked havoc in many ways here in Brooklyn. I don't know if I've much motivation to play anything.. but I did just play some Sim City Social. How about you?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

Assassins Creed 3 - It has finally gotten hot diggity damn good!

Mount & Blade Warband
- Both Prophecy of Pendor, Clash of Kings and Brytenwalda I think - Simply can't get enough of this game.

A new one
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Borderlands 2 - More Gaige in Normal and Zer0 in TVHM

Mechwarrior Online if I can hook up with the normal crew

Diablo 3 1.05 update made the game playable again, so I am pushing my way through Inferno.  Just dropped Magda

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »

With Halo 4 this Monday(Midnight),it's time for me to play Halo CE Anniversary..when it was released last year i bought it,put it in my 360 and played for about 5 minutes and then left it intending to play it with all the other Halo games at a later date,but never got round to it..I probably wont have time for all the Halo games,so Halo 1 it is

Interesting/Embarrassing fact:I have never completed Halo 1..that fucking Warthog at the end was a pain to drive,for some reason i had no problem with the end of Halo 3 which had a similar drive or die ending...I am hoping the Warthog is more like Halo 3 on this Anniversary version(not that i could tell you what the difference is though)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »

Had to do something I almost never do, give up on a game. Anachronox. While I liked parts of it, I never knew where to go or what to do next. I could just never follow it.
However, I was able to pick up DA: 2 in a sale. While I don't like the camera and battle seems way too fast, I love everything else about it and am having a great deal of fun.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »

I will probably start yet another game of Fallen Enchantress.  I've started and stopped about 4 or 5 games so far mostly because I screwed up badly and I'm still learning the system.  Also the beginning exploration phase is really fun which makes me want to start a new game.

I need to finish off Borderlands 2.  It's gotten to the point where I'm burnt out on side quests (I've pretty much done every one up to the last part of the game) so I need to stop focusing on that and finish the story.

I've barely scratched Dishonored so I also want to get to this game.

And of course I'll be playing LOL as usual.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »

Borderlands 2 on the PC, gonna play around a bit more with Need for Speed Most Wanted on the 360, and The Last Story on the Wii.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »

I'm bored of Torchlight II, so I need something else to start.  Can't decide between Borderlands 2, Last Story, or Assassin's Creed 3.  

Decisions, decisions...

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »

SW TFU  360 - getting a few more achievements in this. Won't be getting the hardest difficulty one though I'm guessing. Had enough glitches and freezes forcing me to replay some of the hardest parts already. Not sure I could handle it on the hardest difficulty.
???

Thinking of replaying Bioshock again. Have both in the backlog and never played the second.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

Some nfs Vita I'm sure as its been almost all of my gaming time recently. Diablo 3 1.05 has me back in that well. L4d2, since I really never played much of it, but love it, will be played ALOT! Would also like to visit bl2 again same for dishonored. Full plate!
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »

If you like DA2 give Divinity2: TDKS a try (the re-released one). It's the game that I wanted Dragon Age 2 to be

Quote from: Greg Wak on November 02, 2012, 04:04:41 PM

Had to do something I almost never do, give up on a game. Anachronox. While I liked parts of it, I never knew where to go or what to do next. I could just never follow it.
However, I was able to pick up DA: 2 in a sale. While I don't like the camera and battle seems way too fast, I love everything else about it and am having a great deal of fun.
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »

Borderlands 2 and XCOM. If I have time I might dip into the backlog a little.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »

Quote from: WorkingMike on November 02, 2012, 06:59:52 PM

If you like DA2 give Divinity2: TDKS a try (the re-released one). It's the game that I wanted Dragon Age 2 to be

Although i have not played DA2,I can at least vouch for D2:TDKS...I thought it was a brilliant game

Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »

Quote from: WorkingMike on November 02, 2012, 06:59:52 PM

Quote from: Greg Wak on November 02, 2012, 04:04:41 PM

Played DD2 TDKS when it came out and finished it. Agreed: It's a great game.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »

I may be restarting XCom for the 5th time on Classic depending on how badly my elite group of soldiers screws up the mission I was in the middle of last night before saving and heading to bed.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »

I'll be playing Diablo 3 and Fallen Enchantress.  Still learning but very much enjoying Fallen.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »

Quote from: Torfish on November 02, 2012, 09:48:32 PM

I'll be playing Diablo 3 and Fallen Enchantress.  Still learning but very much enjoying Fallen.

FE was a surprise to me in that I didn't expect it to be so much fun.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »

I need to stop playing NHL 13 online, because I apparently suck.  Every time I try to do anything, I'm getting checked off the puck.  If I get into the zone, I can occasionally set up one-timers, only to have the goalie stonewall me.  The only time I get a puck through is on a fluke shot.  Meanwhile, my opponents gain the zone with no issues, can throw shit at the net with my goalie staring straight at the shooter, and get beaten like he's chasing butterflies. 

@#$(*&%

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

I'm really tempted to play through Halo 3 one more time this weekend, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to finish before Halo 4 next week...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 01:53:31 AM »

MOH, MWO, maybe some Halo Reach Firefight or campaign.  Might also look into Zigfrak, but, I really don't need another game right now.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 03:06:29 AM »

Lollipop Chainsaw (360)
Borderlands 2 (PC)
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »

Man, I really suck at Borderlands 2.  Feels like I'm constantly low on ammo, and my health bar seems to deplete almost instantly even with the best shield I can find attached.  I'm still very early on, but the only quests I can find are all 1-2 levels above me (I'm level 4 and the only quests the dude gives me are levels 5-6).  Tried them multiple times, and can't get past any of them.

Got to admit, I'm not really feeling the love on this one.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 07:56:53 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 03, 2012, 04:20:40 AM

Man, I really suck at Borderlands 2.  Feels like I'm constantly low on ammo, and my health bar seems to deplete almost instantly even with the best shield I can find attached.  I'm still very early on, but the only quests I can find are all 1-2 levels above me (I'm level 4 and the only quests the dude gives me are levels 5-6).  Tried them multiple times, and can't get past any of them.

don't worry,it was a complete bitch for me as well early on,i found it very hard

However,you get used to things and the game was a great challenge....what class are you playing at? at level 5 is when things open up for some,and you can start sticking points in your skill trees and use your action skill(i played as Commando and the Turret was a tremendous help)

At level 4,i am guessing you are trying to kill that little guy riding on the Bullymong...what a bitch that area was when i first played,stick with it as i was very frustrated as well,even got to a point blaming gearbox for making it a co-op game and too hard to be a single player game but now Borderlands 2 is currently my GOTY

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »

You're lvl 4, that's why you're not feeling the love... at lvl 5 you get your main skill which will help tremendously and start kicking things into gear. If you need a quick lvl, play a bit with a friend who's higher lvl in their game, you'll get quick xp.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 02:44:14 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 03, 2012, 07:56:53 AM

At level 4,i am guessing you are trying to kill that little guy riding on the Bullymong...what a bitch that area was when i first played,stick with it as i was very frustrated as well,even got to a point blaming gearbox for making it a co-op game and too hard to be a single player game but now Borderlands 2 is currently my GOTY

Yep, that's where I'm at.  That's the only quest available right now, and I simply can't get past it.  Must have tried at least half a dozen times now.   Seriously frustrating.  icon_evil

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 03:50:55 AM »

Really? I never had much of a problem. Use auto weapons, and keep backing away from the guy. Focus on him vs side guys that might pop up, but kill the little guys to revive. Also, remember you can break the things on the ground for a couple heath things.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »

Man, I really suck at Borderlands 2.  Feels like I'm constantly low on ammo, and my health bar seems to deplete almost instantly even with the best shield I can find attached.  I'm still very early on, but the only quests I can find are all 1-2 levels above me (I'm level 4 and the only quests the dude gives me are levels 5-6).  Tried them multiple times, and can't get past any of them.

What class are you playing? It really makes a difference. I was happier with the one that can drop turrets because I know I'm not going to cut the mustard in straight on gunfights all game.  icon_smile If one class doesn't prove fun, I recommend switching to another and not just plowing on in misery. Couple other classes for me were nothing but misery and dying too quickly.

You could argue if you stick with it long enough, once you start unlocking more abilities/perks, you'll be more durable etc. But I found it only takes a few levels to figure out if you're enjoying playing as one class or not.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:05:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »

Borderlands 2! The game really clicked for me this weekend. I've put about 5 hours into a Mechromancer and really enjoying the game now. Before it was simply too hard and I had the same problem as Gratch. I was constantly out of ammo, no money, and stuck with crappy weapons. It was purely luck that I got a few decent weapons at the start including a bad ass sniper rifle. I spent time grinding my Mechro to level 5 to get the pet then tore through the first area after that. I was going to pick up AS3 this weekend but Borderlands has leapt straight to the top of my gaming time.

Hang in their Gratch. I think the problem is the random nature of the game. If you can get a decent weapon early on the game is a hell of a lot more fun.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »

Just finished I Am Alive.  It was pretty good, except for the ending, there were some really good ideas in the game that they could have went farther with.  The climbing segments were good because there were multiple options and some just leading to nothing which I wish Uncharted had, it's platforming was linear and they need to make it more of a challenge like I Am Alive.

Forza Horizons -  Played with the Microsoft Steering wheel since my G27 won't hook up to the Xbox and it was so good that I splurged on the CSR elite pedal and clubsport pedals which hopefully will be here by the end of the week. 

Need for Speed Most Wanted -  Another great racing game that is very different from Forza.  I wish there was a hood cam, if you play with the street cam it really shows the speed of the vehicle more than the 3rd person view, but you lose a lot of your perspective. 

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 03:48:17 AM »

Yet another case of gamer ADD this weekend.  Spent a couple hours with AC III, which I didn't really care for at all.  A couple more hours went into Borderlands 2, which just left me frustrated.  Fired up LotR:  War in the North, but only got about an hour into that one.  Finally got around to checking the new games available on PS+, and played some NFL Blitz (yuck) and Outland (pretty cool) as a result.  Settled on Torchlight II, and finished it up tonight.  I didn't really like it that much, but it kept me just interested enough to finish.

TL is a strange series for me.   It's like all the right pieces are there, but the games simply have no personality at all.  There really is nothing other than the grind, which I tend to get bored with.  Oh well, at least I can cross it off the list.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 04:04:54 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 02, 2012, 04:39:26 PM

Borderlands 2 on the PC, gonna play around a bit more with Need for Speed Most Wanted on the 360, and The Last Story on the Wii.

got in the most time with Most Wanted, but I'm sending it back to Gamefly.  got in some Borderlands 2 time, but not much.  didn't get to The Last Story at all.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 06:15:58 AM »

Played a bunch of Halo:Reach matchmaking firefight and campaign. Managed to finally finish off the Co-op Campaign on Legendary. Few missions left for finishing it on legendary solo.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

I finished Halo 1 for the first time ever

I can't say i really enjoyed the game,the first half is brilliant while the second half has you going through the same levels once fighting the Covenant and then again fighting the Flood,and to be honest,its a 3-4 hr game lengthened to 8+hrs because they just throw enemy after enemy at you

Back in the Xbox 1 days i broke my hand slamming my fist down on my controller(i found out 3 years later that i had broke my hand at that point),trying to navigate that ******** Warthog at the end,i just couldn't do it....this time however,i was able to do it after the third try,but it's still a pain in the ass trying to avoid everything and drive around it all

I also played a bit with the online of Halo Anniversary,i started of poor but really got used to it,and even got a few achievements for it(3 headshots in a row,first strike etc)...but it turned out that the MP switched to Halo Reach,so i got achievements for Halo Reach,not Halo Anniversary

I started Halo 2 last night but i don't think i will be able to get that done in time,and especially not Halo 3

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 01:13:49 PM »

Played some Borderlands 2 still working on Gaige in Normal and Zer0 in TVHM

D3 - In Act 2 of Inferno with my WD and played some Hardcore with my Wizard

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »

Played a little bit of Guild Wars 2 and some Sim City Social, so I was able to fit in some gaming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: