http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 05:14:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist - 11/21/12 Long Holiday Edition  (Read 790 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »

For many of us in the US this is the beginning of a long Holiday weekend.  While we should be spending time with family I think most of us will be sneaking in gaming, so what's on tap

Blops 2 MP mainly

Borderlands 2 will try to get in sometime with the DLC

Will try to pick up a PS3 from Amazon sale tomorrow

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »

A pharmaceutics lecture followed by a pharmaceutical calculations final are the last things left standing in my way.  Once I finish my exam and make the trip home to Chandler, it's Blops 2 and Halo 4 weekend until my thumbs fall off. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

If there's time today when I won't be disturbing the preparations, I'll probably crack open Halo 4 and play the campaign. Then we've got company over so it'll be too busy for games. As for the weekend... finish off Halo 4, and maybe some Blops 2 multiplayer, or else I'll try and knock off some of my Steam backlog (X-Com is still tempting, and I've only played a few hours).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »

if I have time ZombiU on the Wii U, and Hitman Absolution on the PC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »

Today (the Wednesday before Turkey Day every year) always holds a special place in my gaming heart. Sixteen years ago back in 1996, this was the day that I received my first 3D video card, the Intergraph Rendition Reactor.

I waited all day at my job for the card. Seconds were minutes, minutes were hours, hours were days. I visited the mail room every 10 minutes, so frequent that when FedEx did show up at 2:30, the mail room boss was just as excited for me (or he was happy he didn't have to deal with me anymore).

I zoomed home, installed the card and drivers and fired up Indycar Racing 2, one of two games included (the other was Quake). My jaw hit the floor as I appeared in my pit stall at Michigan International Speedway. All the jaggies were.........gone. I couldn't believe the ultra-fast frame rate or gorgeous picture. I played ICR2 all weekend, marveling at the scenery and watching hours upon hours of my replays. It was that Wednesday my life really did change to a degree.

This started a personal tradition and I continued to use Thanksgiving weekend as a HUGE gaming time for me. That Wednesday in 1996 will forever be special to me and always an anniversary of sorts.   I seriously cannot believe it has been sixteen years since then.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

I'll be spending some time with Persona 4 Golden on Vita, Lego LotR on PS3 (although it didn't really grab me in the hour I spent with it last night), might try to wrap up the GW2 personal story with some GT/OO'ers, and may jump back into Star Wars: ToR and see how the F2P model works.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »

I'm taking in a couple of Marines with nowhere to go for Thanksgiving, so that might limit my gaming time. Probably not though  ninja

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »

Kato is my Hero smile

Probably playing a good amount of BLOPS2 when not spending time with friends and family.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 03:11:09 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 21, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Kato is my Hero smile

Hell yeah.  Kato, send me your Paypal address and I'll cover a round of drinks. 

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 05:25:03 AM »

Dinner with the family on T-day. Gaming-wise not sure yet. Haven't really got anything much in-progress for a change.

AssCreed 360 - May try to wrap this up after taking a lengthy break.
???

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 05:26:38 AM »

Kato has a Steam wish list, or so I've heard.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 22, 2012, 03:11:09 AM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 21, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Kato is my Hero smile

Hell yeah.  Kato, send me your Paypal address and I'll cover a round of drinks. 

awesome

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 22, 2012, 05:26:38 AM

Kato has a Steam wish list, or so I've heard.

also awesome
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »

I'm off only on Turkey Day.. and I'm working Black Friday on Best Buy tomorrow. That's gonna be.. interesting.. to say the least.

If I can sneak any gaming this weekend (mostly today), it's gonna be Guild Wars 2 and League Of Legends. And some Sim City Social.
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 04:45:46 PM »

Playing my main games on the PC Black Ops 2 and Diablo 3.   Black Ops has really clicked for me, very much enjoying it.  I'm basically a pure CoD newbie, so I'm learning the ropes still.  Runs sweet on my PC, graphics and sound is pretty good.  Also still loving D3, I have all five classes at lvl 60+.  Fun!
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »

Thanks guys, I've already exceeded my two drink limit and paid for it this morning smile

What's surprising to my wife and I are that my two Marine buddies (Nicknamed Tango and Cash in their unit) are more interested playing Mario and Nintendo land than Call of Duty.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »

No holiday this weekend here in Canuckistan, but that won't stop me from getting some serious time in with Halo 4. Sunday afternoon will be spent with my gaming group playing the Midgard Campaign setting PnP RPG.  slywink
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »

Didn't play a damn thing. I just worked, worked, worked.. and finally slept 16 hours last night. Working retail can suck.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »

Started Spec Ops that I picked up on Thurs night. Very Gears of War action (but I like that) and the story has been pretty interesting so far. Worth the cash I spent for it I feel.

Also picked up Halo 4 and a few PS3 games but I don't have that set up currently so they will wait a bit.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »

Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket, Fairway Solitaire, and Puzzle Craft.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »

Spent about 5 hours leveling a Sith character to 11 in SW:TOR before realizing that it's really a pretty boring game and the F2P restrictions only make it worse.  Uninstalled it after that.  Put about 3 hours into Persona 4 Golden, which I think I'll like once we get past the rather slow beginning.  Grabbed Fallen Enchantress off Steam and played through the tutorial and the opening stages of a sandbox game.  Played through the first few levels of Lego LotR, and didn't really care for it much.

Most of my free time was spent watching the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix...much to my wife's chagrin.  Her comment yesterday was, "Gratch, you watch some really violent shows...better make sure that our daughter (3.5) doesn't walk in on any of them."  Looks like I'm relegated to the basement for my TV watching.   crybaby

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 06:13:32 AM »

barely touched AC3.  feeling a little burnout on it i fear.

I did get a heavy addiction dose with skyrim again.  this time on the pc with 40 odd mods installed (and counting)  something about the world just brings me back so easily.

I tried out a few hours of hotline miami.  what a sweet sadistic little game.  this one would be great to play with a group. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: