http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 01:42:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 10/18/13  (Read 437 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:55:47 PM »

It's!!! The Weekend Playlist! Let's have at it--What is yo gonna play this weekend? For me, it's gonna be 'League Of Legends' (ranked play) and 'Bioshock: Infinite'. How about yo?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »

Will make a concerted effort to get back into GTA V

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »

taking a small break from GTA V and working on State of Decay again.  not sure what else will get my attention though. 

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »

GTA V on the borrowed system from my son since mine went belly up

Alabama vs Arkansas game tomorrow will destroy my Saturday gaming (2 hour drive there, 2 hour drive back, all day tail gating)

Pokemon X

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »

I just moved and will be spending most of my weekend unpacking boxes, but I really want to get some time into the new career mode in Kerbal Space Program. 
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 18, 2013, 02:42:42 PM

I just moved and will be spending most of my weekend unpacking boxes, but I really want to get some time into the new career mode in Kerbal Space Program. 

Wait, what???   Kerbal now has a career mode??
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »

Dishonored.  Enjoying myself.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 18, 2013, 03:02:38 PM

Yup!  It's still in the early stages (rocket pun intended) but in career mode you can try and obtain SCIENCE! on your excursions which you can use to unlock new parts along a tech tree. 

Patch notes:
Spoiler for Hiden:
* Career Mode:
- Career Mode is now open! Although still very much under development, you can now start new Career saves.
- Sandbox mode, of course, is also available from the start.

* Research and Development:
- Added the Research & Development Facility to the Space Center.
- R&D allows players to unlock parts (and later other stuff) by researching nodes on the Tech Tree (In Career Mode).

* Science:
- Researching requires Science, which must be earned by performing experiments during your missions.
- You can now collect surface samples while on EVA, and process them to do Science.
- Science experiments return results, which are different for each situation in which the experiment is performed.
- Experiments can (as all proper experiments must) be repeated over many different situations across the whole Solar System.
- Added a new dialog to show the results of experiments when reviewing the collected data.
- Added a new dialog to show a breakdown of all scientific progress made after recovering a mission.

* Parts:
- Added new scientific parts, like the Materials Bay and the Mystery Goo™ Canister. Also added experiments to many existing parts.
- The old science sensors now have a purpose. They all have their own experiments which enable them to log scientific data.
- The antennas are now functional, and can be used to transmit science data back to Kerbin, if recovering the physical experiments is not an option.
- Antennas consume massive amounts of power when transmitting. Make sure you have fresh batteries in.
- Added a new deployable antenna, which is an intermediate model compared to the two original ones.
- Completely remodelled the Communotron 88-88 Comms Dish. The new mesh uses the same placement rules so it won't break ships that have it.
- Nose Cones now actually help with improving stability during atmospheric flight.
- Revised a lot of part values and descriptions, in preparation for them actually meaning something in the near future.
- Overhauled the landing legs and gears, they now have proper shock-absorbing suspensions.

* Editor:
- Added a system to allow saving and loading of Sub-Assemblies.
- Subassemblies are subsets of spacecraft, which can later be attached to other designs and re-used.

* Space Center:
- The KSC Facilities have all been revised, and feature new ground meshes and many other graphical improvements.
- Greatly improved the Island Airfield.
- Added lighting FX to several facilities. The Runway (among many other things) is now properly lit at night.
- Added a new backdrop and soundtrack for the Astronaut Complex Facility.
- Added a new music track for the R&D Facility.

* Flight:
- It is now possible to recover a flight after landing/splashdown on Kerbin without going through the Tracking Station. Look above the Altimeter.
- The SAS system was again largely overhauled, based on all the feedback we've gotten from everyone. It's now stabler than ever.

* Solar System:
- Celestial Bodies now support Biome Maps, which are used to create different conditions for experiments.
- Biomes are currently implemented on Kerbin and on the Mun, more will be added on later updates.

* Launcher:
- We've got a new launcher application for KSP, featuring a news bulletin, patcher management, and also allows you to tweak settings from outside the game.

* Windows and OSX Installers:
- The KSPStore version of the game can now also be downloaded as an installer wizard on Windows, and as a .dmg image on OSX.

Bug Fixes and Tweaks:
* Fixed an issue that caused a stream of errors to be thrown after planting a flag and opening the map.
* Fixed several minor and not-so-minor issues with scene transitions.
* Greatly improved the scene transition times. Loading delays between scenes should be significantly reduced.
* The SAS indicator on the UI now changes colors to indicate when your input is overriding it.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=orLHj_eJMOs
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

BF4 Demo.

Still can't bring myself to finish Bioshock. Meh.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 03:24:13 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 18, 2013, 03:15:29 PM

Quote from: msduncan on October 18, 2013, 03:02:38 PM

Yup!  It's still in the early stages (rocket pun intended) but in career mode you can try and obtain SCIENCE! on your excursions which you can use to unlock new parts along a tech tree. 

Patch notes:
Spoiler for Hiden:
* Career Mode:
- Career Mode is now open! Although still very much under development, you can now start new Career saves.
- Sandbox mode, of course, is also available from the start.

* Research and Development:
- Added the Research & Development Facility to the Space Center.
- R&D allows players to unlock parts (and later other stuff) by researching nodes on the Tech Tree (In Career Mode).

* Science:
- Researching requires Science, which must be earned by performing experiments during your missions.
- You can now collect surface samples while on EVA, and process them to do Science.
- Science experiments return results, which are different for each situation in which the experiment is performed.
- Experiments can (as all proper experiments must) be repeated over many different situations across the whole Solar System.
- Added a new dialog to show the results of experiments when reviewing the collected data.
- Added a new dialog to show a breakdown of all scientific progress made after recovering a mission.

* Parts:
- Added new scientific parts, like the Materials Bay and the Mystery Goo™ Canister. Also added experiments to many existing parts.
- The old science sensors now have a purpose. They all have their own experiments which enable them to log scientific data.
- The antennas are now functional, and can be used to transmit science data back to Kerbin, if recovering the physical experiments is not an option.
- Antennas consume massive amounts of power when transmitting. Make sure you have fresh batteries in.
- Added a new deployable antenna, which is an intermediate model compared to the two original ones.
- Completely remodelled the Communotron 88-88 Comms Dish. The new mesh uses the same placement rules so it won't break ships that have it.
- Nose Cones now actually help with improving stability during atmospheric flight.
- Revised a lot of part values and descriptions, in preparation for them actually meaning something in the near future.
- Overhauled the landing legs and gears, they now have proper shock-absorbing suspensions.

* Editor:
- Added a system to allow saving and loading of Sub-Assemblies.
- Subassemblies are subsets of spacecraft, which can later be attached to other designs and re-used.

* Space Center:
- The KSC Facilities have all been revised, and feature new ground meshes and many other graphical improvements.
- Greatly improved the Island Airfield.
- Added lighting FX to several facilities. The Runway (among many other things) is now properly lit at night.
- Added a new backdrop and soundtrack for the Astronaut Complex Facility.
- Added a new music track for the R&D Facility.

* Flight:
- It is now possible to recover a flight after landing/splashdown on Kerbin without going through the Tracking Station. Look above the Altimeter.
- The SAS system was again largely overhauled, based on all the feedback we've gotten from everyone. It's now stabler than ever.

* Solar System:
- Celestial Bodies now support Biome Maps, which are used to create different conditions for experiments.
- Biomes are currently implemented on Kerbin and on the Mun, more will be added on later updates.

* Launcher:
- We've got a new launcher application for KSP, featuring a news bulletin, patcher management, and also allows you to tweak settings from outside the game.

* Windows and OSX Installers:
- The KSPStore version of the game can now also be downloaded as an installer wizard on Windows, and as a .dmg image on OSX.

Bug Fixes and Tweaks:
* Fixed an issue that caused a stream of errors to be thrown after planting a flag and opening the map.
* Fixed several minor and not-so-minor issues with scene transitions.
* Greatly improved the scene transition times. Loading delays between scenes should be significantly reduced.
* The SAS indicator on the UI now changes colors to indicate when your input is overriding it.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=orLHj_eJMOs

Oh HELL yeah.   Scratch what I said about playing GTA V.   My weekend plans just got changified.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 18, 2013, 03:16:01 PM

BF4 Demo.

I thought the BF4 demo(beta) had finished now?

I will be on Far Cry 3 i think on PS3

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »

GTA V and probably some other stuff.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »

This weekend is boardgames.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 05:08:39 PM »

Gonna fire up Prototype 2, if I have time. Perhaps finish the Spartan Ops campaign on H4lo.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 18, 2013, 04:08:47 PM

BF4 Demo.

Anyone confirm this? Cuz if it's done then I am sad faced.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 18, 2013, 05:16:43 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 18, 2013, 04:08:47 PM

BF4 Demo.

Anyone confirm this? Cuz if it's done then I am sad faced.

I can confirm it.

Because I can,
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

Pool Nation
Space Ranger HD
GTA V

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »

Now that I remembered that I have a Command and Conquer beta key, I may try to work that in at some point. I have two codes, so, assuming it's not tied to my Origin accounts, I'd be willing to toss one someone's way.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »

Probably Diablo 3 (PS3) and lots of the new Star Wars Pinball tables.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 01:02:05 AM »

Rage PS3

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 01:57:54 AM »

Heavenly Sword PS3
Borderlands 2 PC
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 04:17:01 AM »

Got through Act II of Diablo 3.  Ran through a half dozen different endings for The Stanley Parable (what an odd "game").  Got new high scores on all three Star Wars Pinball tables.

All in all, a good gaming weekend.   thumbsup

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 04:41:48 AM »

I played a few more hours of Wind Waker HD.  I have to say, I'm still not really digging it.  I think the controls really leave something to be desired and if this was not a Legend of Zelda game I think people would be much harsher on it. 

I also tried out the Cars playset for Disney Infinity and it seems alright.  Like DI in general it's nothing special but does the job I guess.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 05:41:31 AM »

Played a little more of State of Decay.   Also played some random games from the backlog and fixed my saves from Batman AC.  didn't get too much gaming time this weekend.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »

Played a few matches of 'League Of Legends', but I noticed a drop in the performance of my mouse. So, I replaced my aging 8-year Logitech optical wired mouse with my first gaming mouse ever--a Logitech G100s. And boy, did I notice a difference! More clicks, better performance! I'll be pwning more!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 21, 2013, 04:41:48 AM

I played a few more hours of Wind Waker HD.  I have to say, I'm still not really digging it.  I think the controls really leave something to be desired and if this was not a Legend of Zelda game I think people would be much harsher on it.

yeah, I'm finding the controls a bit annoying as well.  not sure why but when I need to it feels like I can never move in a straight line.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »

Played a 5-player game of Arkham Horror that ended when my encounter popped open the 8th gate and Yog-Sothoth said howdy. We hadn't closed a single gate, so he proceeded to eat everyone, as no one could pay his toll.

Played Letters from Whitechapel and we managed to run Jack to ground on the second night. I was the most successful bloodhound in terms of tripping over his trail, which allowed the most experienced player to nail Jack on the way back to his hideout.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on October 19, 2013, 01:02:05 AM

Rage PS3
Played ~2hrs of Rage, pulled a fuel pump, and got up some firewood.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: