http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 01:48:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 08/26/11  (Read 526 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »

It's.. the Weekend Playlist.. fostering your gaming hobby since 1983.

So we have Hurrican Irene barreling up the East coast. Looks likely I'll be staying indoors tonight and tomorrow night which gives me time to catch up with some gaming: League Of Legends... but if my internet connection goes down.. inFamous or Uncharted 2 on my PS3.

Now.. if the electricity goes down.. I've some Dragon Quest IX to catch up with.  nod

What about you?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »

Deus Ex Human Revolution on the PC, plus banned too.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »

Tonight...  Deus Ex: Human Revolution  might also get in some Warhammer: Retribution MP with Hark and Kato

Saturday... Heading to my mother to ride out the storm, so FM 2011 and Torchlight

Sunday, after cleaning up from the Hurricane...   If I have power and internet...   Check on folks and get back in Deus Ex

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »

I'll be playing Put Together A Ridiculously Last Minute Proposal and Coordinate Moving A Huge Training Event Due To The Hurricane.  I've heard the gameplay on both of these sucks, but the payoff at the end is great.  Tongue

I'm actually flying out on Monday, and am debating whether I want to bother messing around with Deus Ex HR before I go, or just wait to dive in after I get back end of next week.  If no DE, then it'll be more FF Tactics.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2011, 03:36:26 PM

I'll be playing Put Together A Ridiculously Last Minute Proposal

Shotgun wedding, eh? slywink

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

Still waiting for xbox live support to finish their investigation so.....PC games for me this weekend. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:06:36 PM »

Deus Ex : HR on my 360 and taking the NHL 12 demo out for a spin.

Maybe some Starcraft II before my buddy and I lose more ground due to inactivity in our Platinum 2v2 division.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »

Deus Ex Human Rev of course, and then some Birthright: Gorgons Alliance, and finally some Fantasy General, is the plan so far :-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »

Deus Ex-360

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »

MLG weekend if the hurricane doesn't ruin it.
and Deus EX:HR-started up last night and i've probably put 5 hours or so and it feels like I just started the first 30 mins.
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »

Working on my backlog. Currently playing Arx Fatalis while resisting Deus Ex. Might play some RS Vegas if want some gun fights.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »

I'll probably be finishing up Splinter Cell:Conviction this afternoon, before the hurricane hits.  If I still have electricity by tomorrow, I'll be getting started on inFamous 2.  In the event of power failure, I have my PSP charging and will get back into MGS:Peacewalker until the battery dies...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »

BadCo2:Vietnam 360 - Still working on getting gold on snipers. Getting real close though.
Dead Space 360 - A couple more chapters to go. Should finish this off this weekend hopefully. Not sure I will get around to playing it again in the future though.
Batman AA Ps3 - Need to fire this one back up soon. Just want to get through it to move on to the next item.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »

Hoping to find time for a study break to play Black Ops.  Otherwise I'll be spending all of today reviewing A&P, doing O-chem problems, reading mythology, and beginning an argumentative research paper.  I may try to squeeze in some PCAT review as well.

Playing in another softball tournament tomorrow starting at 7:30am and probably going into the late afternoon.  We'll have at least four games, each lasting an hour, but if we move on in our bracket we could have as many as seven or eight games in one day.  Unfortunately we've had a heat wave come through and temps will be around 112 to 114 tomorrow.  Weeeeeeeee. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »

Didn't lose electricity. So I got some 'League Of Legends' and a good chunk of 'inFamous' in on Sunday evening. Got one third of the city liberated from crime. Man, 'inFamous' on Hard mode can drive me bonkers, but I feel like a pussy if I change to Medium. Guess I'm playing thru the whole game like a Man!  nod
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »

Took a much-needed study break Saturday night to play a fair bit of Black Ops with a friend, but he was forced to cut out early due to Hurricane Irene.  Managed to level up to 26 or so and now am considering trying to prestige a fourth time with how quickly I've been leveling up and the amount of points I earn with more consistency. 

We made it to the finals of the softball tournament on Sunday but lost by 1 run in the bottom of the 7th.  5 1/2 straight hours of competitive softball with no breaks in 112 degree heat.  It's hard to move today.  Few things should be done for 5 1/2 straight hours.  Sleep, perhaps, but not much else. 

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 29, 2011, 02:17:34 PM

We made it to the finals of the softball tournament on Sunday but lost by 1 run in the bottom of the 7th.  5 1/2 straight hours of competitive softball with no breaks in 112 degree heat.  It's hard to move today.  Few things should be done for 5 1/2 straight hours.  Sleep, perhaps, but not much else. 

thumbsup

Hope you're drinking some power shakes after these marathon games, man. Those are intense workouts.. but they do your body plenty good.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on August 29, 2011, 02:47:16 PM

thumbsup

Hope you're drinking some power shakes after these marathon games, man. Those are intense workouts.. but they do your body plenty good.

Lots of fluids during and natural proteins after (eggs, chicken, ground turkey, etc).  As I've changed my strength training workouts to follow a modified Starting Strength program I've increased my caloric intake and improved my protein consumption, supplementing with protein shakes when necessary.  I've been meaning to add energy/power shakes to my cooler for tournaments, but for now I rely on lots of water, Powerade, and granola bars for fuel. 

I still hurt like hell today, but I should be back in the gym Wednesday (class and volunteer schedule rules out Mondays and Tuesdays anyway, so the rest will do me good).  The softball regular season doesn't start back up again for another week or two, but we'll have a few intense practices and scrimmages to keep our skills fresh.   

Despite a rigorous fitness program 5 1/2 straight hours of softball was pretty tough. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 26, 2011, 03:20:01 PM

Deus Ex Human Revolution on the PC, plus banned too.

got in time with both.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: