http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 impressions and stuff: Generations  (Read 13258 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 02, 2009, 09:18:34 PM

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 02, 2009, 09:04:33 PM

Hey Arclight, I commend your bravery in coming into this thread asking questions about how to play the game.  Because, y'know, twelve-year-old girls play and master these games. slywink

Its not that I don't know how to play the game its just that I can't "find" the game. Having a bit of a hard time finding the fun...For all the success of this franchise I'm a bit baffled still as to what the hook is..

No worries. My expectations aren't very high.

12 year old girls can also out skip me, but that never worried me either.........

it would if those little bastards were skip-chasing you!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 02, 2009, 09:23:47 PM

Hey Arclight, I commend your bravery in coming into this thread asking questions about how to play the game.  Because, y'know, twelve-year-old girls play and master these games. slywink

Its not that I don't know how to play the game its just that I can't "find" the game. Having a bit of a hard time finding the fun...For all the success of this franchise I'm a bit baffled still as to what the hook is..

12 year old girls can also out skip me, but that never worried me either.........

it would if those little bastards were skip-chasing you!
yeah, with pointed little teeth chanting, no more grown ups, no more grown ups..

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »

So, for those who are already playing- have you checked out the sims store? What are the prices like?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:38 PM »

apparently they also possess a greater ability to find fun in games!  slywink
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 02, 2009, 11:49:38 PM

apparently they also possess a greater ability to find fun in games!  slywink
Guys, stop picking on the old guy who can't play simple games and has lost his sense of humor... slywink icon_lol

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2009, 12:10:59 AM »

The Sims was always more about making your own fun than anything else.  A preview I read told the story of a sim with a giant nose who had no house, but just went around the neighborhood seducing women and fathering as many huge-nosed babies as possible while crashing at other people's houses.  You basically have to set up your own goals and create your own stories, as the game generally won't give you a set path.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 02, 2009, 10:27:29 PM

So, for those who are already playing- have you checked out the sims store? What are the prices like?

A buck for this, 75 cents for that... just browsing furniture items and clothes and such. They also have themed sets of 30-50 items for 50 points/cents per item. I didn't see any individual item for over a buck.

Also, it looks like player created items are free. I didn't see any prices anyhow.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2009, 01:19:50 AM »

day 1:  go to theater, talk to people.  come home, try to cook dinner.  start fire.  female fireman shows up.  hit on her.  try to smooch her, she runs off.  go to bed.  wake up next morning, fix breakfast, then clog toilet.

yep...this is pretty much playing out the way it does in real life.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:05 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 03, 2009, 01:19:50 AM

day 1:  go to theater, talk to people.  come home, try to cook dinner.  start fire.  female fireman shows up.  hit on her.  try to smooch her, she runs off.  go to bed.  wake up next morning, fix breakfast, then clog toilet.

where's the part where you played the game?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2009, 01:51:02 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 03, 2009, 01:19:50 AM

Sounds like a fun game. I want to hear more of your story. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2009, 02:56:44 AM »

Is anyone else having speed problems when at work or asleep?  I put it on fast forward, (speed 4) but I only get about 2 minutes game time/real second, about twice as fast as speed 3.  I saw several complaints about this on the official boards as well, but I didn't see any answers.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2009, 03:00:00 AM »

Anyone playing this on minimum spec rig?  My GF's PC barely meets the minimum spec and she's wondering how it will run on her machine.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2009, 03:15:11 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 03, 2009, 01:03:24 AM

Also, it looks like player created items are free. I didn't see any prices anyhow.

What's to stop people from creating free versions of any for-pay items?
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2009, 04:44:20 AM »

I didn't get the game, but I tried out the Sim 3 Sim Creator Demo at the Apple store tonight. I like the improvements from Sims 2. Much more fluid and open to creating people now.

Unless I hear bad reports, I'm going to get a copy of this later this month. Looking forward to it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2009, 04:53:04 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 03, 2009, 01:03:24 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 02, 2009, 10:27:29 PM

A buck for this, 75 cents for that... just browsing furniture items and clothes and such. They also have themed sets of 30-50 items for 50 points/cents per item. I didn't see any individual item for over a buck.

thanks!  thumbsup

Because I can,
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2009, 04:59:38 AM »

I lied. I said I'm not going to get The Sims 3 if it has DRM like Spore, but now I just purchased directdownload version from EA Store which has the same DRM as Spore.

So far I love this game, I think I'll play it for a few nights before I got bored with it and then only touch it again when there is an expansion out which will get me to play for a few nights again.

First Sim I made, a vegetarian unemployed female artist. Second Sim, a never nude male who work in medical field.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »

I was planning to set up my SimPeteRock / SimMoosNukle / SimSensuousLettuce household last night, but I got so caught up designing SimPeteRock's fabulous wardrobe that I ran out of time for his wife and roommate. icon_cry  Fortunately, there's a handy "Save Sim to Bin" option so I didn't lose any progress.

-Autistic Angel
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on June 03, 2009, 02:43:41 PM

I was planning to set up my SimPeteRock / SimMoosNukle / SimSensuousLettuce household last night, but I got so caught up designing SimPeteRock's fabulous wardrobe that I ran out of time for his wife and roommate. icon_cry  Fortunately, there's a handy "Save Sim to Bin" option so I didn't lose any progress.

-Autistic Angel

Hey!  If you make SimLockdown, can I have a home on the beach please?  And a garden!  I always wanted to be a gardner, except for the small problem of not knowing the first thing about gardening...

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »

Hmmm, I'm trying to register my game, but the verification image I'm supposed to type in the letters from isn't showing, despite trying two browsers and numerous reloads. I haven't got a firewall problem. Anyone else experiencing this?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2009, 05:51:49 PM »

You know what might be interesting if we had enough people playing here - everyone make a Sim of themself and upload it, then we all download each others' Sims so you could throw them in a house/town together and let chaos ensue  icon_razz

First impressions: honestly the game looked/felt very much like what I remember Sims 2 did.  Which is kind of odd since I thought it should be significantly different after so many years.  This is both good and bad, as it feels immediately very familiar but not (at the outset anyway) like a really advanced sequel.  I suppose this might say more about me and the way I choose to play these Sims games more than the game itself.  The fact is the new "open neigborhood" is a major change/enhancement, as is the aging and evolutionary aspects, and I think these will only become more interesting as you spend more time in game.  What I'd like to do at some point is just create Sims and a setup, and then just watch how things evolve without my own tampering.

I loved the Sim creator, very fun to play with.  I could see losing yourself for hours making new Sims or trying to make Sim versions of real people.  Also like the ease of which you can select different outfits (normal, formal, sleep, swim).

My first day was spent following the tutorial advice, which kind of guided the way it went.  I bought a couch, then grabbed the paper and got a job at the theater.  I then headed to town to take a guitar class.  On the way I bumped into a lady and talked about my new job while charming her with my mad funny skillz.  She started to give me the heart symbol which freaked me out so I took off to my class (I was just trying to use her to complete one of my achievements).  On the way home I stopped by the gym to see if I could hit on anyone.  I took a brief swim and then looked around.  There was only one guy there who I wasn't that into, but I still chatted him up for possible future friendship.  Exhausted, I made it home, took a shower and went to bed.

The one thing I wish they had was a town creator (I think you can edit the town but I haven't tried it yet).  I'd like to be able to start from scratch and create more extreme towns, like one filled with bad guys and military bases.  Or as I said drop in only select Sims of my choice.  I think this is all do-able in the present game, but requires more work than I like.

Ultimately while I can't say I'm really into the "game," I love the entire sandbox aspect and the potential it presents in terms of NPC AI and creating living, breathing, evolving environments.  I was commenting elsewhere how I would love to see an RPG that allowed for this type of evolution, blending something like Morrowind or a Bioware game with Sims 3 evolution.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2009, 06:14:16 PM »

But, the thing is - IS there any developement?? Other than people getting older? Do they do anything fun? Will someone become a monster and marry everyone in the neighborhood? Will someone try and kill everyone? Will someone just pack up and leave head for the road?

A new one
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2009, 06:14:16 PM

But, the thing is - IS there any developement?? Other than people getting older? Do they do anything fun? Will someone become a monster and marry everyone in the neighborhood? Will someone try and kill everyone? Will someone just pack up and leave head for the road?

Or will there be a character who plays as many mmo's as Raz for just 1 month  eek

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on June 03, 2009, 06:18:28 PM

Or will there be a character who plays as many mmo's as Raz for just 1 month  eek
Not..freaking...possible! ;-)

A new one
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »

I suppose that's the "point" of playing/watching the world develop (if indeed there is any point at all), or at least one of the aspects to the game/simulation - to see if any of these things happen, with or without your intervention.  I did read certain NPCs may leave, so that's certainly a possibility.  You could always drop in some "evil" trait people to see if they might kill people (that just gave me an idea for a horror movie type of scenario, drop in one evil guy with 10 others and trap them in a building), and you might be able to get someone to not necessarily marry everyone in the neighborhood, but at least do a bunch of them.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2009, 04:03:21 AM »

I've been reading conflicting things about the player's ability to change the town's population...

Can you make up a bunch of sims and just stick them in houses in the town? Or are you limited to four lots/families to play with at one time?

Can you make NPCs and add them to the town's population? Are the NPCs the same every game?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2009, 04:08:11 AM »

well, finally got this today and fired it up to make my Lucky Friendly Evil Daredevil Genius, proceeded to find a lady, seduce her and drag her back to my man cave where she spent the night and refused to make a baby with me.

so it's business as usual.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2009, 05:38:18 AM »

well, after a couple of hours of playing, my Sim is married.  it was a lovely wedding, with rings exchanged in the bathroom after the bride threw up and clogged the toilet.  apparently she is also a single mom, which would have been nice to know before hand.  I think I'll need to find out what that 'adoption service' on the phone does....

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2009, 06:13:01 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 03, 2009, 11:40:56 PM

I suppose that's the "point" of playing/watching the world develop (if indeed there is any point at all), or at least one of the aspects to the game/simulation - to see if any of these things happen, with or without your intervention.  I did read certain NPCs may leave, so that's certainly a possibility.  You could always drop in some "evil" trait people to see if they might kill people (that just gave me an idea for a horror movie type of scenario, drop in one evil guy with 10 others and trap them in a building), and you might be able to get someone to not necessarily marry everyone in the neighborhood, but at least do a bunch of them.

There is an "Evil" trait in there?? People can get murdered?? really? Now I'm intrigued...

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2009, 06:49:04 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 04, 2009, 05:38:18 AM

well, after a couple of hours of playing, my Sim is married.  it was a lovely wedding, with rings exchanged in the bathroom after the bride threw up and clogged the toilet.  apparently she is also a single mom, which would have been nice to know before hand.  I think I'll need to find out what that 'adoption service' on the phone does....

icon_lol

Classy!

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2009, 07:01:41 AM »

No, there's no murder in the game. The Evil trait is more in the style of Dr Evil from Austin Powers, where you can end up becoming a supervillain (yes, that's an actual career). I've heard that most mundane actions also have evil counterparts, such as "Eat evil food", "Troll on forum" and "Clean toilet fiendishly" (may or may not be actual actions. I know the trolling part is in the game though). As an evil mastermind, you are most likely just going to be mean to people, steal their stuff and rummage through their garbage. And make them cry.

When I started playing the game, I made a middle-aged healthy guy and his young girlfriend who had just decided to move in together (without actual commitment). His lifetime goal was to become a superstar athlete. Her lifetime goal was to have 10 different boyfriends/girlfriends throughout her life. The plan was to have her break up with him after having some fun, and then go on her sexual rampage through town. Well, plans only last so long. I quickly realized that they had to rely on each other in order to earn any real money, so they both had to get proper jobs. He got a job selling hot dogs at a stadium, while she started out cleaning kitchens or something. I honestly can't remember at this point. They had a crappy apartment with crappy furniture that would break or clog at the most inopportune moments, which again lead to both of them becoming quite handy with tools. Once in a while one of them would start dreaming of something nice to purchase, like a new stove or a treadmill, which cost me most of the money I had saved up but made them happy.

They had some challenges with their relationship. She got a female lover on the side, who she sometimes spent the night with while he was home alone. On the other hand, he started calling up the maid and inviting her over those nights, and one thing lead to another. Eventually the secrets became hard to hide, which lead to crying, slapping and apologies from both sides.

Over time their careers started to become quite good. She became a top chef, and he eventually became the athlete superstar he had always wanted to be. They managed to afford a great seaside lot on which they built their new house, a rather luxurious place with top quality furniture. They couldn't afford everything they wanted right away, so some rooms were rather sparse initially, but they saved up money where they could, and the house slowly became more and more like their dream home. Despite my plans to go the other direction, one night after a particularly passionate bit of love-making, he brought out a ring and proposed to her. She was giddy with excitement (being a very excitable person after all. It was one of her traits) and they jumped to bed again. They married in private a few days later.

At this point their lives are going so well that they are constantly ecstatic with joy and happiness. They flirt and kiss with each other whenever they can. He has become like David Beckham, one of the world's most famous sports stars. She is a famous chef who can dish up some very exotic foods. She has abandoned her plans to sleep with half the town and is enjoying her marriage. He has just become elderly and is considering retiring.

It's almost sad to see them growing older after all I've seen them go through. I've become attached to them. You know a game works when you get that kind of feeling. smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

Very nice writeup Tilt, and thanks for the explanation :-)

I DID get a little miffed at that goal for the girl, I mean, its a game targettet at young girls as well, right? Nice rolemodel there. Or I'm just getting old and prudish ;-)

A new one
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »

TiLT, how did you get promoted so easily?  I've never had a problem getting promoted in the previous sims game, but I couldn't ever get past the first level on this one.  My toons seem to always be stressed, so they don't perform well at work and the green "promotion" bar doesn't ever get high enough to get promoted.

I didn't get much of a chance to play last night and my sims story doesn't have the same happy ending.  I created a paunchy young professor named Charlie Buckett.  After starting the game, I found that there are no education jobs.  So Charlie took a job in the science arena as a test subject.  He didn't like it much, but it paid the bills.  However, the stress of working prevented him from ever being considered for promotion.

After 3 or 4 days, he met a nice beautiful young lady at the local park.  They quickly hit it off due to their common interest in cooking.  This inspired Charlie to quit his job as a test subject and get a job in food services.  He applied at the local bistro and was quickly hired.  His boss ended up being the young lady he was dating.  Before he started work, she asked him to move in with her.  Desperate Charlie quickly said yes.  The house transfer screen popped up and sat there "processing" for over an hour.  I had to use Windows Task Manager to shut the game down.  Poor Charlie was lost to cyberspace forever. 

Excellent programming by EA on that one.

I started another famliy and screwed around a bit with them, but they didn't seem to do much and I was still saddened by the loss of Charlie, so I turned the game off and killed fools in Warcraft.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

You need to keep your sims happy for them to be promoted, as well as keep your skills and work relationships up. The career screen shows you how you're doing in each of these fields. You should have more than enough time between each work session to get ready for another one. If it gets too stressful though, try slacking off at work for a while. Pay attention your sims' traits and act accordingly. If they like things squeaky clean for example, you're going to have problems if their apartment is dirty.

In the end though, the game isn't about getting to the top of the promotion ladder. It's about having fun and creating an interesting story. Like this: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/feature-articles/sims-3-life.php
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2009, 01:20:39 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on June 04, 2009, 01:05:58 PM

TiLT, how did you get promoted so easily? 

I've only played 11 game days (Tilt do you play on fastest speed all the time? How the hell have you progressed so far?). In those 11 days I've gotten 3 promotions in Law enforcement. Through the first 3 the only things that mattered were my happiness, logic skill and friendship with my partner. The police station is right by the park, so I skip the carpool and play chess in the park after work to work on my logic and I get fun and social benefits as well.

If you are constantly stressed you are probably trying to do too much or doing it inefficiently. I know the maid is expensive with a level 1 job but it is so worth it, it saves you a lot of time. I did avoid getting too social in the first week until I got into a rhythm, but now I've got a girl on the hook and am hoping to reel her in, which should help with income.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 04, 2009, 01:20:39 PM

I've only played 11 game days (Tilt do you play on fastest speed all the time? How the hell have you progressed so far?).

I used the pirate version before I got the full game in the mail yesterday, so I had a few days extra to play around with it. Aging is set to the level above normal (ie. they age slower), and I tend to micromanage my sims quite a lot instead of letting them do their own thing. At least for this first game. My next family is going to be allowed to do their own thing a lot more.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2009, 02:45:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 04, 2009, 07:01:41 AM

I've heard that most mundane actions also have evil counterparts, such as "Eat evil food", "Troll on forum" and "Clean toilet fiendishly" (may or may not be actual actions. I know the trolling part is in the game though).

yeah, they add fiendishly or evil to alot of the actions.  Evil Slumber, Cook Fiendishly, and you get actions like 'steal candy from baby'.  I've only been playing about 3 days in game and my guys already married with the wife preggers and a cute french maid coming by to clean up.  I've only had one day of actual work (missed one trying to get the girl to make a baby) at the evil lair from the crime career.

Because I can,
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »

Okay, I'm doing the site review of this, and here's my early impressions:

God, I wish that you could see inside of /all/ buildings, not just some ones.  I mean public buildings, btw.  I don't like going out to eat....and just watching the building.  Why not let me interact with people /in the diner/?    Or at work?  Meh.

One thing the game seems to lack, and I'd like it if it had it, is the ability for NPCs to move in and out of the city.  I'm living in my house, and there's very few people around.  Granted, I'm playing an introvert (myself, more or less) and he tends to freak out if around too many people or outside too long.  I wonder, though, is there any way for traits to change over time?  That's an interesting concept, after all.  People do call me periodically, which is nice.  

No trash cans, thank god.  I hated having to remember to take out the trash, although I do have a can outside.  Oh, and by the way, whose bright idea was it to have a 'furnished' house with only the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen furnished?  biggrin

All in all though, I do enjoy the game, although I wish it was faster in spots (sleeping/work) and slower in other spots (when going out on the town and such.  It seems like taking a bath takes an hour in-game, that fixing dinner can take an hour, which isn't too unrealistic, and driving into town can take a while as well.  Maybe it's just me, though)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on June 04, 2009, 02:51:27 PM

No trash cans, thank god.  I hated having to remember to take out the trash, although I do have a can outside.  Oh, and by the way, whose bright idea was it to have a 'furnished' house with only the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen furnished?  biggrin

there are trash cans that you can buy.  I'm not sure if you have to empty them or not as I have yet to see them be used.

on another note, the inevitable nude patch is out.  caution:  site has a smakll pic of a nippleless/hoo-hoo-less female Sim on it.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »

Well Zarkon, make sure you finish your research before you write the full review so you don't end up complaining about missing features that are already in the game.  icon_wink

NPCs will move in and out of the city according to its size. If there are few people, more will move in. If there are many people, some will move out. Be careful though, because the game can supposedly even move out some of your own families if it feels like it.

Also, as CeeKay says, there are trash cans in the game.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on June 04, 2009, 02:51:27 PM

I wonder, though, is there any way for traits to change over time?

Young sims start out with very few traits and unlock more as they age, but based on the in-game lessons, I believe their available selection is determined by their behavior.  I haven't experimented with the system at all yet, but I imagine that high grades grant access to the "Genius" trait while making friends would open up "Charismatic"...that sort of thing.

Adult and Young Adult sims have a perk they can purchase with Lifetime Achievement Points which lets them alter their traits.  I think it costs something like 20,000 - 30,000, though, so it's a pretty big decision for a character to make.

-Autistic Angel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: