http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 06:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Saboteur  (Read 7434 times)
MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 04:24:02 PM »

I just played enough to see what it looked like and will get back to it after I finish AC2. Also, saw a reference to a 'final patch' tweet on BluesNews today:

http://twitter.com/PandemicStudios/statuses/7714748995

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 15, 2010, 03:47:49 PM

I'm still playing it.  Other games have snagged my attention, for sure, but I keep coming back to it.

this.  I hope to get some more time with it this weekend and finish it before ME2 hits.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »

been playing quite a lot of this,i have 18hrs on the clock and 84% of the story missions done(17% of the freeplay missions)

the train mission was quite the little bitch...but most other times i have been going in,destroying or killing things..and then stepping back out to reset my alert,so its been taking awhile to do some missions(i have it on Normal)

its a pain when you are trying to get away from the Nazi's and just when you think you will be out of sight,another van 'magically' appears on the road up ahead

i love bringing colour to the world...i feel as though i have overdosed on Skittles  icon_lol

i have a question about the DLC
i put in the code the 'The Midnight show' and downloaded it,i can see the download in the memory(40mb ish) ..but i don't know if its activated,when i go to downloads from the games menu,it still has 240 points for 'The Midnight Show'..even though if i put in the code again it says it has been used...i did download it,but i have no way of knowing if it has worked

so,whats changed with the DLC?

and CK,where is the Moulin Rouge?...i thought it was that place that is close to the nightclub where you start with the red windmill on the roof and the elephant in the back,but it wont let me in..so have i got the right place or is it someplace else?...OOORRR...is the Moulin Rouge part of the DLC?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 18, 2010, 03:52:10 PM

and CK,where is the Moulin Rouge?...i thought it was that place that is close to the nightclub where you start with the red windmill on the roof and the elephant in the back,but it wont let me in..so have i got the right place or is it someplace else?...OOORRR...is the Moulin Rouge part of the DLC?

no, it's just the outside of the Moulin Rouge that you find, you can't go in.  as for the Midnight Club, it's inside the bar you are in when you first get to Paris.  on the first floor (to the left of the entrance I believe), you'll see a bookcase with a guy standing next to it.  I forget what you do but either talking to him or activating the bookcase wil get you the entrance to the club.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 18, 2010, 04:03:00 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 18, 2010, 03:52:10 PM

no, it's just the outside of the Moulin Rouge that you find, you can't go in.  as for the Midnight Club, it's inside the bar you are in when you first get to Paris.  on the first floor (to the left of the entrance I believe), you'll see a bookcase with a guy standing next to it.  I forget what you do but either talking to him or activating the bookcase wil get you the entrance to the club.

thx CK,i will check that out next time i am in the game

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »

well frack... I unlocked the Super RDX via the blockbuster perk (destroy 3 Wulf tanks) and apparently there is a bug where it disappears if you re-load your game.  I did some searching and it's a known bug  disgust

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »

What, the perk, the tanks or the upgraded rdx?

If you lost the rdx itself, that would suck big time.

I finished this a few days ago and never saw any bugs.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »

Quote from: Caine on January 19, 2010, 03:06:22 PM

What, the perk, the tanks or the upgraded rdx?

If you lost the rdx itself, that would suck big time.

I finished this a few days ago and never saw any bugs.

the upgraded RDX itself.  all that's available through the store is the regular RDX (the store should say Super RDX) and with testing the RDX I have doesn't seem to do anything extra.  I googled it and it's a problem that crops up.  supposedly a final patch is in the works, hopefully that fixes it so I can get my bigger 'splosions.

I'd revert to an older save but I really don't feel like going through the mission I'd have to redo again plus having to blow up all the stuff I did on my way to said mission.

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »

Best Buy had this game on sale for $40 last week and I was pretty tempted.  If EA hadn't closed down Pandemic, I would have definitely pounced, but instead I decided to focus on other games and wait for it to reach Mercenaries 2-level prices.  It's sad because I usually like supporting developers who are willing to invest in novel ideas and Pandemic was one of the best, but it's been really hard to screw up any enthusiasm for their final release....

-Autistic Angel
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »

its a good game,i finished the main story today,i had 20hrs on the clock,although i did do a bit of exploring as well.....i now have about 1000 things to blow up,i only just found out that the weapon smugglers also had maps you could buy so you can see where everything is that needs blowing up,and christ does it fill up that map

and i managed to get to the secret club downstairs thanks CK...i won a car on my 4th go of the knife throwing,and had 3 different girls dancing for me,first on their own and then altogether icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »

I had fun blowing up blimps last night; O found an AA gun and just went to town on them. the game spawns them in whatever direction you're not looking, so I took down 10 before I got bored of crying out 'OH THE HUMANITY!'.  I also found a few generals, systematically took out their guards (you'd think they'd smarten up after 4 or so of their heads explode) and then snuck up behind them for silent kills.

BTW, did anyone play with the nudity switch in game settings?  I was curious to see what the game would do with it off (paste on stars over the nipples) and cracked up at what Sean said when I toggled it.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »

no, but then i never even found the midnight club to begin with.  i'll have to try that before i send the game away.

total finish time for me was just over 48 hours, with everything completed.  i found the best way to take out the free play targets was to take the long way to a mission objective and walk there, taking out anything i could on the way.  i also went on a few rampages and cleared out whole areas that looked challenging.  once you get the ability to plant bombs without raising suspicion, you can really do some damage.  i was planting them near soldiers feet and trying to set up chain reactions.  the explosives can easily take out more than one target if they are close enough, and because you can set a tnt without lighting it, you can also use it alongside rdx to take out tanks.  those were ridiculously easy though;  seems the nazis only consider your actions suspicious if you jump on top the tank or stand right next to them.  most of the time, you can walk right up to the tank, get a bit suspicious until you are right next to it, light the tnt and run.  not even so much as an alarm and you get away before the reinforcements arrive, without using a uniform. 

i have some tricks if anybody is finding particular perks hard to get.  there is also one major exploitable glitch you can use if you get tired of stealthing the free play targets, but it requires you to not beat the game.  there is an exploit for the free races as well and one for getting the 5 generals perk quite early on.

over all, it was a great time and it just makes it worse that it's their last.  FN EA.   finger

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2010, 02:43:39 AM »

So is this worth a $20 purchase? It looks like it dropped at my local Walmart. Both PS3 and 360 apparently.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2010, 04:35:06 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on April 10, 2010, 02:43:39 AM

So is this worth a $20 purchase? It looks like it dropped at my local Walmart. Both PS3 and 360 apparently.

Easily.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2010, 05:03:57 AM »

Agreed.

-craig

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2010, 06:17:50 AM »

yup,great last game for Pandemic,and if the games are still sealed from Wal-Marts(not sure if Wally World does used...we don't have those shops),then you will get the DLC add on as well

MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »

Alright, I haven't played Assassin's Creed 2 since December.

The main reason I held off with Saboteur was because I was playing AC2 and didn't want to get disappointed with the climbing mechanic in Saboteur.

Do you think it's been a long enough time since playing AC2 that I could come into Saboteur and not get repulsed by scaling buildings?

EDIT:

Wait, it's $20 now?  Never mind.  I'll be going to Gamestop today.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:06:34 PM by MaxSteele » Logged
maggie_chow
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2010, 02:07:34 AM »

I was at Fry's yesterday and they also have Saboteur for $19.99.  Shocking to me, such a low price so quickly for a super game.

---------------------------
"I spill my drink!"

360 GamerTag: C0ld Grave
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2010, 03:44:39 AM »

It's strengths outweigh it's faults IMO, and it really makes me annoyed with EA that we won't get to see where pandemic was headed. It's a great evolution and a much better game than how it was reviewed. They deserved better treatment than they were given.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2010, 03:50:39 AM »

definitely worth 20 bucks, was worth it at full price (even though I never finished it, I plan to get back to it at some point).

Because I can,
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 02:58:35 AM »

Picked it up for $20 today and having a blast so far (I just delivered the antibiotics). Reminds me quite a bit of Mafia, which is a pretty high compliment coming from me. Lots of style. And lots of F bombs too.  icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on April 12, 2010, 02:58:35 AM

Picked it up for $20 today and having a blast so far (I just delivered the antibiotics). Reminds me quite a bit of Mafia, which is a pretty high compliment coming from me. Lots of style. And lots of F bombs too.  icon_biggrin

did you get the bewb dlc?

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 03:52:07 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 12, 2010, 03:49:06 AM

did you get the bewb dlc?

I picked up a new copy last week and it definitely has the DLC code included.  I haven't redeemed it yet because I'm still occupied with Just Cause 2, but it's definitely there.

-Autistic Angel
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »

I couldn't find a new copy anywhere, but found it used at Gamestop for $18.

My copy had the DLC card in it, and imagine my surprise when I entered it and it worked!

Keeps getting better and better. smile
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:01 PM »

I finally picked up this game which I had pre-ordered  Roll Eyes

It's the 360 version and Gamestop only had a used one left with no manual. Is there an online manual for it somewhere?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 15, 2010, 07:44:01 PM

I finally picked up this game which I had pre-ordered  Roll Eyes

It's the 360 version and Gamestop only had a used one left with no manual. Is there an online manual for it somewhere?

Not that I've seen but there are 'guides' out there, including this one.

-craig

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »

Not a bad game at all. Too bad they fired the developers  crybaby

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »

Just started playing it myself.  I dig the atmosphere, but open-world games are very hit and miss for me, so we'll see I guess.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption and Just Cause 2 recently. The gameplay in Saboteur is more like JC2 in that you can choose the side activity you wish to do and when to do it, which I like. A number of functions aren't unlocked till you are further into the game, about three hours or so for me. I didn't really start to enjoy the game till I let myself "go nuts" sometimes, racing cars through Paris and running down nazis  icon_eek

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2010, 12:55:33 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 16, 2010, 09:09:56 PM

Not a bad game at all. Too bad they fired the developers  crybaby

yeah, and before they could properly fix stuff in the PC version too.

Because I can,
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 11:27:52 PM »

As usual I am late to the party with this one. I just got to the point where I can shop at the black market and I can freely roam to pick off various Nazi things. So far this seems pretty awesome. I like the WWII mix of Assassins Creed and GTA. It certainly has some control/mechanic quirks but so far it hasn't marred things for me. Thumbs up so far!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »

i was defending this game a few days ago on,i think CVG...it seemed everyone was complaining about it,when EA had cancelled Spielbergs new game(LMNO) because it was apparently a bit similar to this

if i see it for cheap one day i think i will pick it up again,i still have a lot of Nazi crap to blow up thumbsup

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »

Late to party on this, but I am totally addicted to running around France blowing things up. I love that you can either work your way about taking out target after target without setting off an alarm, or if you feel like it, you can open fire, set an alarm off and let the Nazis come to you for some big action.

Definitely a shame about Pandemic. This game doesn't have some of the huge firepower of Mercenaries 2 (due to the technology not existing in WW2, of course), but they really removed some of the most tedious aspects of resource management that were introduced in that game. It's extremely easy to get a new car or restock and no waiting for helicopters to come by and pick up fuel. Just blow stuff up, buy more weapons, steal some cars and blow more stuff up. Oh, and do a mission here and there. The perk system is cool as well, although I think  by working on the perks early in the game I now have to wait to get later in the game before I'm able to finish them off.

It's buggy like other Pandemic games - I've seen Nazis disappear into walls and come back out and the climbing is quirky but you get used to it. I was also a little confused by the stealth aspect early in the game. The way they modeled it it seemed you'd be able to stealth a lot of the missions, but it seems that most missions are designed in such a way that you can stealth the beginning and then you need to start shooting. I guess that makes sense given the amount of firepower, but I was restarting a lot of early missions because I thought I was doing something wrong.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

BTW, this past weekend I saw the 360 version on clearance at a local Target for about $13.  Unfortunately I didn't pick it up, but I may have to go back next weekend and grab one if they are still there.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2010, 12:11:26 AM »

This is my favorite Pandemic game, without a doubt. Everthing just came togeher so well and it marks a more recent reason to hate EA. I would have loved to have another game like this. Even thouh I completed the game, I will go back to it someday.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2010, 05:02:37 AM »

Just loving this game. I found a hidden tank and it was just a beautiful, beautiful thing smile

I'm really liking the story missions as well - there are multiple ways to approach each mission and tons of tense firefights. Plus, the guns are great. I'm generally running with a silenced SMG and Panzershreck - go in silent when possible, and then be able to blow the crap out of everything if you get in a tight spot. I love some of the non-silent guns and sniper rifles too, so I'm always torn.

Sure this game has bugs (I saw a guy walking on air tonight), but it feels like they put a ton of thought into it. The world is huge, the destruction is spectacular, the climbing puzzles are fun, the sighting/alarm system is well defined and works, and the story is even pretty good. I definitely encourage people to play this if they like open world games.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2010, 12:29:09 AM »

Finished today - my first ever 1000GS game! biggrin (of course, that had a lot to do with not having to play on "feckin' hard" difficulty for any of the achievements).

I need to go look at a FAQ because I want to know where the vehicles are hidden. I was looking for a tractor the whole game and finally found one on my way back from finishing the last of the freeplay achievements. It's by far the worst vehicle in the game - I have no idea why it was so scarce. The only military car I didn't get was the armored Bauer. I had that one spot open for the longest time, you should have seen my face when it showed up in one of the late missions. Then, you should have seen my face again when my "friend" drove it away at the end of the mission! icon_lol I also missed 2 of the hidden race cars, and found just 1 tank, although I know I at least could have hijacked the halftracks during alarms.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2010, 12:37:30 AM »

I've always wanted to check this game out. Looks like I will now after that glowing review.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2010, 03:33:37 AM »

I finished the main storyline this week. (A somewhat anti-climactic ending, to put it mildly...) Really had a blast with this game (had may be the wrong word as I still have some side missions unfinished I plan to do as well as a million free targets left - some of which I will probably tackle before setting the game aside. I definitely appreciated the fact that the game came with a "casual" difficulty setting. For me, that meant that while I died PLENTY of times, the frustration factor never overwhelmed me or caused me to abandon the main plot line. (I really would have liked an easy difficulty in GTA4 which is still a game I love, but I never even got close to the end due to being hopelessly stuck on one mission...)

I would put this game in the B (or 8/10, 80/100, etc.) category due to some quirks with the controls/odd (non-critical) bugs. But, from a fun-factor point of view, I had a blast with this and it manages to be greater than the sum of its parts. Really, a great game overall, and I am glad one of my buddies kept pestering me all year to give this a try. A nice blend of GTA + Assassin's Creed.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2010, 07:10:31 AM »

this was a really fun game.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: