http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:56:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Revolution has begun...(IGN chan, specs, launch date?)  (Read 10423 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »

Tebunk -

I understand where you guys are coming from too and that's what it all boils down to. What games you enjoy most!

What some people see as system sellers, others see as trash.

In the case of the 360, I have no interest in Oblivion or Halo. While most people would LOVE to see those games out on the 360 and some aren't going to be interested in the system until they arrive, it doesn't matter to me. I might be one of a handfull of people who see an NHL game as a system seller.

As a sports fan, I LOVE my PSP. Having the ability to play NHL, Madden, FIFA, etc. in bed, or in the same room while the wife is watching TV, not having to seclude myself in the basement to play games is a big plus for me. Others (LE) would have no interest in that, and who am I to say they are wrong.

The problem I have with Nintendo is that there "BIG" releases seem kinda stale to me. From the SNES to the N64 right up to the CG and DS it's like they aren't even trying anymore. Companies like EA take a ton of heat for it but so why can't we question Nintendo?

The inclusion of the touch screen is nice but hardly used in the franchise game so there is barely a diffrence in gameplay from the other versions. I enjoy the unique games that are available for the DS but, maybe, like MS, making everything on the 360 "Live Aware" and HD, Nintendo could force the use of the touch screen more?

This is a fear I have about the Revolution. I'd say there will be almost a 100% chance that we see an older Zelda game released on the system with slightly upgraded graphics and a mini-game where you use the new controller. Everyone will go insane for it but is that really something new? Is that what you want from the Revolution?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2005, 03:59:37 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"

The problem I have with Nintendo is that there "BIG" releases seem kinda stale to me. From the SNES to the N64 right up to the CG and DS it's like they aren't even trying anymore. Companies like EA take a ton of heat for it but so why can't we question Nintendo?

Good point. People seem to forget that they are living off of the same few characters Miyamoto created 20+ years ago. People gush over the new Mario Kart game when its basically the same thing on the N64 or the "umpteenth" Mario Party game. Then they trash EA for another Madden.  :roll:
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2005, 04:48:07 PM »

I'd say there will be almost a 100% chance that we see an older Zelda game released on the system with slightly upgraded graphics and a mini-game where you use the new controller. Everyone will go insane for it but is that really something new? Is that what you want from the Revolution?

Someone over at Nintendo strongly suggested that Twilight Princess will be the last "traditional" Zelda title gamers see. So as far as Zelda on the Revolution goes, you're going to have the classics to play (NES to N64), along with the Cube entries, and then whatever "new" Zelda they cook up.

I think it'd be kinda cool to use the Revo Stick to fight directly with the Master Sword in some funky first- or third-person Zelda actioner, but that's just me.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2005, 04:54:38 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"

Good point. People seem to forget that they are living off of the same few characters Miyamoto created 20+ years ago. People gush over the new Mario Kart game when its basically the same thing on the N64 or the "umpteenth" Mario Party game. Then they trash EA for another Madden.  :roll:

The difference would be that those games have amazing gameplay in each version. EA, on the other hand, does not.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2005, 05:05:20 PM »

PSP am cry

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2005, 05:13:47 PM »

The difference would be that those games have amazing gameplay in each version. EA, on the other hand, does not.

Amazing gameplay? When does the amazing become old? 8 years? 10 years?

Pong was amazing. Space Invaders was amazing. Pac Man was amazing.

Does football become less amazing quicker than kart racing does?

Or maybe, could it possibly be that what you and I think is amazing could be totally different?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2005, 05:43:17 PM »

Quote from: "godhugh"
Quote from: "Jumangi"

Your opinion.  I'm having a blast with Madden 06 and I consider myself a football purist

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2005, 06:26:48 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"
Quote from: "Godhugh"

Your opinion.  I'm having a blast with Madden 06 and I consider myself a football purist

How's that franchise/season mode going?   :twisted:

Sorry... cheap shot, I know.   :wink:

I have to agree with Devil; different people like different games.  I love the Nintendo franchises, but I won't argue that the new editions are anything other than essentially an upgrade (most of the time) on an existing game.  Mario Kart DS isn't really any different from the previous ones, aside from some gameplay tweaks, a new item or two, and a bunch of new tracks.

That said, I think that, with as much creativity as Nintendo pours into its big franchise games, it's silly to say that they're just re-releasing the same game over and over.  That's like saying that every FPS is just the same as all the others.  Yes, the core gameplay may be similar, but there are different takes on the genre from one game to the next.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2005, 06:35:28 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"

Not a cheapshot at all.  I have a running commentary over in the sports forum detailing my progression.

FYI-I'm 7-1 with the Baltimore Ravens heading into a game against the Jacksonville Jaguars! :p

edit-I know some where upset about not having the Training Camp and Salary Cap shit in there, but I wasn't one of them.  Thats the last thing I care about in a Football game

NiM$
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2005, 07:00:53 PM »

shhh...

επανάσταση

TheMissingLink on PSN
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Someone over at Nintendo strongly suggested that Twilight Princess will be the last "traditional" Zelda title gamers see. So as far as Zelda on the Revolution goes, you're going to have the classics to play (NES to N64), along with the Cube entries, and then whatever "new" Zelda they cook up.

Zelda Kart anyone?

Zelda Tri-Force Tennis?

DDR Link Mix?

Altered Link?

Zelda Roar?

biggrin  :wink:

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2005, 10:16:31 PM »

Not a cheapshot at all.  I have a running commentary over in the sports forum detailing my progression.

FYI-I'm 7-1 with the Baltimore Ravens heading into a game against the Jacksonville Jaguars! :p

edit-I know some where upset about not having the Training Camp and Salary Cap shit in there, but I wasn't one of them.  Thats the last thing I care about in a Football game

[thread_hijack]

I must be completely misinformed... I thought I'd read that Madden on the 360 had the franchise/season mode chopped out to get the title out on release day?  Is that mode still in the game then?

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2005, 10:34:09 PM »

lol, warning you are my hero.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2005, 10:39:11 PM »

[thread_hijack]

I must be completely misinformed... I thought I'd read that Madden on the 360 had the franchise/season mode chopped out to get the title out on release day?  Is that mode still in the game then?

Yep, the franchise and season mode is in game but is really scaled back.  None of the training camp and salary cap stuff.  It bother alot of folks but didn't hurt me at all

NiM$
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: