http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 12:51:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the not so obvious Oblivion stuff  (Read 1361 times)
Chaplin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:32:36 AM »

Okay, how can you do some of the basic stuff that at first, second, and third glance do not seem to be in the manual?

1) Drop stuff.  Seems click, hold, lose tab screen, push Z works, but not very well.  How can I pick number of items?  Is there a faster way?

2) Map screen?  Is there one?  How do I quick travel?

3) Character sheet.  Is it somewhere in the inventory that I am not seeing?

This thing has console written all over it for controls.  Any hints?
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 01:40:52 AM »

Have'nt played it but I think i read somewhere that shift-click drops items..not sure.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 01:41:19 AM »

1st off the title is misleading as this IS about Oblivion! smile

1) to drop stuff from inventory, hold shift, then click on it. If you have 2 or less items, they select individually. If you have 3+ items, an option comes up to select how many you want.

2) Hit tab, as in inventory. At the bottom right, next to magic is a compass. Click on that. the row of icons above it are: 1) local map. 2) world map and fast travel. click on a location. 3) active quest 4) journal/quests

3) Similiar to 2, click the health/magicka/fatigue bars, you can see all your stats here by clicking the different icons.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 01:44:47 AM »

Some shortcut keys I found in the readme file.  Hit them even if your journal isn't open-   they'll take you directly to the page:

F1 = Character Information
F2 = Inventory
F3 = Magic
F4 = Maps and stuff

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Chaplin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:24:35 AM »

Thank you everyone.  Am I the only person wondering why this information is not on page 4 of the manual or in the game options screen?

Oh, and rather than make another post, can any of you guys up on the Oblivion stuff explain the merits of specializing in non-heavy armor?  It is a single skill slot, wouldn't it always be better to do heavy?  Is it simply a strength encumberance thing?  I am playing a Dark Elf Caster Fighter custom build with heavy armor as a skill.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 11:01:42 AM »

Well, the most obvious is that as a thief or a sneaker of any kind, you take a penalty on your boots making racket that gets you noticed until you've moved up in rank in heavy armor.  Also, heavy is..uh...heavy.   I personally go in very lightly armored and steal everything that isn't bolted down, then use my bolt cutters on the remaining bolts.  Hell, I collect the shavings from the now-cut bolts.  I carry all of that off and fence it.  I don't want heavy armor using all my carry strength. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 01:20:22 AM »

Quote from: "Chaplin"
Thank you everyone.  Am I the only person wondering why this information is not on page 4 of the manual or in the game options screen?

Oh, and rather than make another post, can any of you guys up on the Oblivion stuff explain the merits of specializing in non-heavy armor?  It is a single skill slot, wouldn't it always be better to do heavy?  Is it simply a strength encumberance thing?  I am playing a Dark Elf Caster Fighter custom build with heavy armor as a skill.

It tells you how to drop things on page 10, in the inventory page. Somehow, I missed this like 26 times.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Shkspr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 04:14:42 AM »

Quote from: "Chaplin"

Because if they put it on page 4, then pages 10, 14, and 8 respectively would get lonely. smile
gilgamex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 09:45:22 PM »

Oblivion came with a manual?

:shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: