http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:29:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The MSDUNCAN trying to get a 360 status update  (Read 1471 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2005, 02:28:19 PM »

Not that anyone cares:  I went by to find out if anyone knew when they'd get next shipment.

Went by Sears again just out of curiosity -- they still don't have their 360 stuff out.   None of it.

Toys R Us --   Says they have no clue.   They said they HOPE to be one of the very few stores to get an additional shipment this next week.

Target --   no idea.

Ebgames where I have my preorder:   last week they told me that they thought I'd get my preorder before Christmas (good since it's my f**king Christmas present).      Now they are telling me that Microsoft has stopped telling them ANYTHING, and that they have NO IDEA when they might get their next shipment or anything about how big it will be.

I'm REAL freakin close to canceling and waiting for Sony.   This ***IS*** the worst launch ever.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 02:38:03 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
Not that anyone cares:  I went by to find out if anyone knew when they'd get next shipment.

Went by Sears again just out of curiosity -- they still don't have their 360 stuff out.   None of it.

Toys R Us --   Says they have no clue.   They said they HOPE to be one of the very few stores to get an additional shipment this next week.

Target --   no idea.

Ebgames where I have my preorder:   last week they told me that they thought I'd get my preorder before Christmas (good since it's my f**king Christmas present).      Now they are telling me that Microsoft has stopped telling them ANYTHING, and that they have NO IDEA when they might get their next shipment or anything about how big it will be.

I'm REAL freakin close to canceling and waiting for Sony.   This ***IS*** the worst launch ever.

...and you think Sony's is going to be better?? The PS2's launch was just as bad. I didn't see a PS2 anywhere until after Christmas...and I had to wait out in the cold for over 12 hours to get a PS2 on launch day. If I hadn't done that, I would'nt have had a PS2 at all unitil after Christmas. the exact same thing is happening now with the Xbox 360. The PS3 is going to be in high demand as well, unless it costs $500. So, I'd expect the same thing to happen with it as well.

Maybe next time people will listen to me when I tell them to preroder EARLY!!!   Tongue

http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6433&highlight=preordered+360

My Post from May 14th:

Gamestops are now taking preorders for the system for $50 down. The manager said I was smart to put down money now, since he just got an email this morning from his District Manager stating that 1/3 of their districts inital allocation for the first day had already been reserved.

I learned my lession with the PS2 and having to wait all night in front of Best Buy to get one. People, preorder this thing early if you want one. When it launches in October/November, I have a feeling it is going to be VERY hard to get one.

I'd put the preorder in before E3 when the preorders really heat up.

Cool

See, lots of people listened to Kevin Grey and see what happened?

Didn't everyone say the same thing about the PSP?

PS2 was notoriously supply limited- they only shipped something like 300-400k at launch. Everything I've read is that MS is going for a massive launch (in multi-millions as Hrothgar says) so I'm not too worried about preordering this far out. They'll probably sell out through Christmas but I'd be surprised if its the first day

The PS2 was going to ship with over a million units, Sony kept claiming....until about a week before launch when they cut that in half....and then ended up shipping even less than that.

Moral of the story: Never trust console manufacturers at launch.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 02:42:29 PM »

We care.

And hang in there.  

Here... maybe this will make you feel better:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 03:20:03 PM »

Duncan, I wished I had known bud because I got two and sold one to a guy at work at cost.  I am also still on the fence about my other one.  Have yet to open it (even though I have two games for it rented from gamefly).  Just not sure it is worth the money.  If I decide to not keep it, which I will in the next day or so, I will hit you up.  It would be $488 plus shipping.  I got one at EB with the extended warranty.  

I will let you know.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 03:23:25 PM »

I'm in the same boat as MSD, but I've just resigned myself to getting one when I get one. I'm sure we'll hear something about upcoming shipments this week. From what I hear, Tuesday is a likely target.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »

For what it's worth, the Circuit City around here said that they'd be getting in a new shipment early this week.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

A lot of stores (Target, Circuit City) get their shipments on Tuesday so that might be a good day to look.  The Gamestop where I preordered (back in July) had 6 units at launch, and are getting another 5 this week.  They are expecting a much bigger shipment the week after (which should contain my 360 unless I find one earlier) - maybe other retailers will get this large shipment in 2 weeks as well?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »

I'm also looking for one but I'm not expecting to find one before another couple of weeks.  I talked with the guy in EB and he said they should have some for the general public by Feb.  They will be filling preorders through Jan.  I'll be trying the other big box stores next week as well...Circuit City, Sears, etc...I have a feeling Best Buy and Toys R Us are going to be out through Christmas unless Microsoft sends out some HUGE shipments.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 05:42:26 PM »

My Sam's manager said they will be getting a shipment Dec 10-12 and that it would be considerably larger than the first shipment.  The first was 20 units by the way.  Might call them and see what dates they might be getting them and be there when they open.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 05:49:21 PM »

The manager at Best Buy told us (no strong-arm like in the other thread, just a suggestion) that if we were planning on buying any games or accessories in the next few weeks, to get them on launch day instead.  She said that the more they sold on launch day, the more they've been promised on the next shipment... including consoles.  I'd check the stores that had lots of them available at launch (cz we know everyone sold out, so that's not an issue)

Our local Best Buy had 23 Premiums, a larger BB store in a city half an hour away supposedly had 50, not sure if that was Premiums or if it ever happened. I'd find the store who will tell you how many they sold on launch day, and whether they are expecting anymore... and then get in line!  :wink: That's the best strategy if you have more time than money.  If you have more money than time, then go straight to eBay, lol...  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 06:06:51 PM »

I wonder how that works with the stores that received the "mega shipments," like the Best Buy down the road that had over 100 systems.  Do they play by the same rules, thus getting 150-200 this shipment?  Or do they somehow hop back to the 50 units or whatever most Best Buys in major cities are getting?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 06:16:53 PM »

I've resigned myself to trying to look at the shortage as a positive thing.  Hopefully MS will fix whatever bugs and hardware issues that are contributing to the reported lock-ups before I get a 360 (better power supply?).  My original Xbox was a launch week Xbox with the thompson dive, so I'd really like to avoid getting another potential first run lemon.  

The problem with a launch like the 360s is that the mainstream public joe and jane only hear about the long lines, shortage of supply, and faulty systems reported by most local news stations.  If MS is sincere about trying to endear the mainstream public to the 360, they haven't stepped off on the right foot.    And the social experiment of Ebay continues to erode my belief that most people are decent.  I'm all about capitalism and entrepreneurship, but they need to rename Ebay to screwotherpeople.com.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 06:24:27 PM »

Rogue, I couldn't agree more.  I'm amazed and apalled.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 01:21:26 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Stuff and quotes. smile

I think we have to admit you were right about the 360 launch, but considering you were way wrong about Oblivion Tongue you are actually onlyl even.  

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 02:43:03 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
We care.

And hang in there.  

Here... maybe this will make you feel better:

You are damned right that made me feel better!

Thanks!    biggrin
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 03:23:21 AM »

The problem with a launch like the 360s is that the mainstream public joe and jane only hear about the long lines, shortage of supply, and faulty systems reported by most local news stations.

I was shocked tonight when I mentioned my 360 to my parents that my mom, whose knowledge of gaming ended with Colecovision, mentioned "better make sure it works.  Supposedly a bunch are defective."  My in-laws made the same comment.  MS really needs to step up their PR on this issue soon.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 04:19:26 AM »

Heh. I had breakfast with an 82-year old friend of mine this morning. He had no idea what an Xbox 360 was actually for, but he knew they were prone to overheating. smile
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 06:22:20 PM »

you could always post a msg in the official request thread and get some GT'ers help you find one. smile

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
Duncan, I wished I had known bud because I got two and sold one to a guy at work at cost.  I am also still on the fence about my other one.  Have yet to open it (even though I have two games for it rented from gamefly).  Just not sure it is worth the money.  If I decide to not keep it, which I will in the next day or so, I will hit you up.  It would be $488 plus shipping.  I got one at EB with the extended warranty.  

I will let you know.

Please do let me know if you decide not to keep it.   My wife might very well buy it from you to give to me for Christmas (since this was going to be my Christmas present).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: