http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movies - Release Day! Now with REAL Impressions!  (Read 8158 times)
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2005, 05:50:31 PM »

Quote from: "Semaj"
Anyone know the best way to help your actors reduce stress?

bar, restaurant, fountains, trees - in that order I think.. I'm seriously considering the strategy guide at this point.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2005, 07:45:17 PM »

does the basketball court do anything for stress? smile   They need a full court so my actors can play each other.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"

Here's a question:
Can a destroy a building I don't need any longer? (old screenwriters building after I got the new one)

Just See the tutorials smile i even think its saying how to do it in the manual.

just take up a builder and drop him in the bomb icon that will apppear.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2005, 12:32:47 AM »

Here's a link to a tutorial on making your own custom costumes!

click

This guy, Doc Z, has been very resourceful with this stuff.  I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg.

It requires Photoshop, since there is a DDS file plugin for PS and the costumes images are in DDS format.  I have Paintshop Pro and some PS plugins work so I'm gonna try it out and see.  I heard that there might be a DDS plugin for GIMP but I haven't seen one yet.

edit: so I found a plugin for GIMP. Since GIMP is free, what I'm gonna do is make my logos and costumes in Paintshop Pro, then open them in GIMP and save them to DDS from there.  I've already done some test logos and it works like a charm.

Here's the link.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2005, 10:31:41 PM »

So here's a quick t-shirt I did, for testing purposes.  THIS is a hell of a lot of fun, and I still haven't even started making my movie yet!  I'm just doing custom costumes, logos, and backdrops.  

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2005, 11:24:35 PM »

And so the product placement begins...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2005, 09:59:02 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
So here's a quick t-shirt I did, for testing purposes.  THIS is a hell of a lot of fun, and I still haven't even started making my movie yet!  I'm just doing custom costumes, logos, and backdrops.  

Nice!  Now we need some real world ones!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2005, 10:59:24 AM »

This is my third or fourth custom movie (the early ones blew because I didn't know how to use characters and/or costumes consistently)

Ruffage

Probably NSFW to the extent The Movies can be.  Tongue
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2005, 02:28:02 PM »

I like how Lionhead censored your title.  Goin' a bit overboard, methinks.

You film was... odd.  Though it brings up something that's beginning to bother me about The Movies - that certain scenes are always the same.  Sure, the actors and costumes may be different, but every actor goes through the same motions on the "set piece" visuals.  The toilet scene is one of them.  The "shooting the sniper" scene is another.  When one in every 5 or 10 films use them, it begins to detract from every film that uses them.

It's not that The Movies is limited.  I think I've seen enough movies to know that in creative hands even these cliches can be put to good use.  But if I see the knife fight one more time...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2005, 05:19:10 PM »

Having trouble running the game so my time in is ver disjointed and brief.

What I was wondering was how do you select scenes to put into your movies?
Obviously I haven't got far into the game and I think I'm at 1926 or something.
Does the option for selecting scenes come later?
Or is that in a different mode of the game?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2005, 05:48:29 PM »

I haven't played story mode much, but if I remember right, you have to unlock the advanced movie maker or something like that., if you want to do custom movies(takes time).
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2005, 06:39:50 PM »

Ok, at least I know I haven't missed something that I could be using now. smile

Thanks.....

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2005, 07:21:55 PM »

Yeah, at first you just let your writers nandle the script. Later there's a custom script office where you can do your own thing.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2005, 07:59:19 PM »

In the "Campaign" mode, how many stars is good to carry through?

I've got about 4 or 5 and 2 directors, a few extra's etc...I'm in the 30's now and finding the micro-management of these prima-donna's getting a little much...
I've got blue exclamation marks popping up everywhere....disgruntled janitors, builders becoming fat and lazy.........

This is becoming a hand full.. :lol:

Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2005, 01:51:45 AM »

I think the script stars are in indicator of how many parts there are in the script.  So as long as you have one or two star scripts, then having 2 directors and 4 stars is enough.  

Once you get to the 3 star scripts and better, you are probably going to need 6 stars and 2 directors.  I always have at least one film in production.  Which means a bunch of actors and crew and 2 directors.

I have not heard of disgruntled janitors and builders though.  Mine always do their jobs without complaint...

It does get to be a bit of a management chore in the late game.  Stars start making demands that get harder to fulfill.  Maybe I should just fire half of them and concentrate on making one movie every few years.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2005, 10:20:54 PM »

ok, I've gots a question...In the advanced movie maker mode, how do I keep a prop in an actor's hand through the whole movie?

so lets say in certain sets, there are scenes which lets you pick up an object, an ax for example, how do you carry that forward to other scenes in different sets where the actor isn't carrying anything?  or can you?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2005, 01:06:35 AM »

As far as I know, you can't put anything in anyone's hand.  You have to use a scene where the actor is already holding something, then you might be able to change the prop to the one you need.

Here's a tip I've been using:  Use the 'Stage' set as your green screen.  The way you do this is by making a custom backdrop and using it on the Stage set.  

For example, say you need a scene of a guy carrying an axe in the kitchen, with the refrigerator in the background.   But the scene showing him carrying the axe is in the wrong location.  What do you do?

Take a screenshot of the kitchen, from the angle your camera would be in if you were 'filming' that scene.  Use that screenshot to make your custom backdrop.   Now select the Stage set, pick your custom backdrop, and select a scene showing the guy carrying the axe.  It won't look as good as if you had a real scene in that location, but it'll look good enough once you edit it into your movie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: