http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 05:49:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Me Show - AKA Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion interview  (Read 3107 times)
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 03:07:59 AM »

Rarely do I get the opportunity to not only pimp my game, but pimp myself in the process.  So to seize the moment, here's an interview I did with GameBanshee.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/oblivion1.php
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 04:31:49 AM »

I'm going to have to get a computer that will run these shiny new games someday.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:35:25 AM »

Really looking forward to this one bro. Got 2 questions after reading that interview.

1. What kinda system spec on PC are we looking at.

2. After a person goes through the character creation one time can we PLZ be able to skip that on alternate characters? That was a gripe of MW. I loved making and trying so many new characters but geez did having to go through that over and over suck.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 06:58:14 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
After a person goes through the character creation one time can we PLZ be able to skip that on alternate characters? That was a gripe of MW. I loved making and trying so many new characters but geez did having to go through that over and over suck.

you didn't have to go through the lengthy question process every time in Morrowind.  if you know what kind of character you want, all the profiling questions can be skipped and you can enter custom specs in just a couple minutes time...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 07:21:57 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"
After a person goes through the character creation one time can we PLZ be able to skip that on alternate characters? That was a gripe of MW. I loved making and trying so many new characters but geez did having to go through that over and over suck.

you didn't have to go through the lengthy question process every time in Morrowind.  if you know what kind of character you want, all the profiling questions can be skipped and you can enter custom specs in just a couple minutes time...

I think he means the whole walk through the boat tutorial.  That became a bit tiring the 5th or 6th time through.  It would have been nice to just have the option of going right into the census office.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 05:24:49 PM »

I did not know you worked for Bethesda.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 03:39:23 AM »

Nor did I - I would have been a gushin fanboy of yours - I've played these games since I was about hmm - maybe 12 when Arena came out?  And yes Daggerfall was buggy and those dungeons annoyin with the automap, but damn was it huge, endless and awesome smile  Please give us many tidbits on Oblivion, it looks amazin (graphics alone sold me - wow!).  More of the same, bigger better and prettier - sign me up!  Good luck with the game for all our sakes!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 04:27:46 AM »

kathode came with us from GG...he usedto give out free games and studio passes....well not really....but he's a good guy with a good company that actually acknowledges the fans exists and comes talks to us smile

Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 05:58:57 AM »

Quote from: "dangerballs"
Quote from: "disarm"

I think he means the whole walk through the boat tutorial.  That became a bit tiring the 5th or 6th time through.  It would have been nice to just have the option of going right into the census office.

There are a few mods out there that allow you to skip right over that part and right into character creation.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 03:14:50 PM »

Right, Ragnarok, and bethesda should be smart enough to realize that and incorporate it themselves.  Unless they intended for the fans to make the game for them.  

Sorry to rip you Kathode, but game companies should realize when they are making a mistake, and reading your interview, you are making a mistake if you force people to do the stupid opening each time they want to try a new character.  Once they've played it through the first time, and gotten an idea about player creation, an option should always be available to skip the crap you've done before.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 11:58:42 PM »

Right now, I'd be plenty happy if it just plain worked right smile
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 07:17:03 PM »

I kinda liked it personally (though I do hafta admit to bein a Bethesda fanboy - they were one of the first companies I recognized by name and not just ooh thats some cool game - Blizzard was prob next (hmm unless you count those TSR gold box things - that was sorta like a company name thing right? though not a particular studio).  But ya I can see where people would get ticked bout not bein able to skip it - you didnt find it the least bit fun to see your character change height and such?  And it wasnt like it was a ridiculously long process - how much quicker does it take you to just enter in stuff?  Im pretty slow and deliberate when it comes to character creation anyway, so that probably influences my opinion.  To me they had an option to skip the really annoyin thing (if you didnt want to do it that is - I made my second character this way) - and thats the question / answer get a class.  Dont make me cry by sayin its not workin - I want this game now - it was the one Rob pointed me to when I was lamentin that Xbox2 is comin out too soon and were goin to miss out on a lot of phenominal games - "with games like oblivion I dont think we have much to worry about was his general response" - then I saw my first screenshot and lost motor function.  So please dont make the game all eye candy and no substance - though Im not too worried.  Do tell me if I sound like a suck up I will stop smile  And bring back that crazy rose!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 07:23:23 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"

Well that does'nt bode well  :shock:

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 08:15:52 PM »

Well that does'nt bode well  :shock:

It is a year or so away!  How much do you expect to work?  Give the poor guy a break! smile

:wink:

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 01:18:13 AM »

Oops, I meant to type everything works perfectly and we're just holding back the game because we hate you.  Your pain is like candy to us.

You can understand how I'd get those two mixed up.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 05:26:27 AM »

Wow Kathode I didnt know Vivendi was publishin Elder Scrolls IV smile
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 09:56:24 AM »

Oops, I meant to type everything works perfectly and we're just holding back the game because we hate you.  Your pain is like candy to us.

That is the funniest thing I've read on the intraweb in about a year. If I used signatures anyplace for any reason, I'd use it.

"Your pain is like candy to us."

Beautiful.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 10:37:53 PM »

The game still doesn't work?  At this late stage?  slywink

Give the production and design team some credit, I'm sure they have several ideas about things that needed to be improved from Morrowind.  The changes in hand-to-hand combat mentioned in interviews already immediately come to mind, for example.  Here's hoping that they get all the changes right, but keep the awesome world and cool character design stuff.  The only feature I would love to see would be even more character design options (by this I mean skills, I could care less about more types of hair and faces, I mean more game skills to choose from).

This is probably my "most anticipated game" for the next year or two until it's done.  In the meantime, let me just say that my checkbook hates you as much as you hate us.  Thanks for forcing me to upgrade for Morrowind, and thanks in advance for Oblivion!  slywink
da Toad
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 07:16:01 AM »

Can't wait! Morrowind screenshots lemme squeeze a new video card outta the Mrs. Looks like Oblivion will be an even easier sell.

Now if we can just get a freeware release of Daggerfall to go along with it like Arena was for Morrowind :wink:
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 04:55:20 PM »

You can understand how I'd get those two mixed up.

Make sure your source code is on compters connected to the internet without firewalls.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 03:43:51 PM »

I'm surprised nobody has asked about beta testing yet.... So let me be the first... Can I? Huh? Can I? Pretty please with a GeForce FX6800 Ultra on top? slywink
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2004, 06:41:18 PM »

P4 3Ghz + 6800GT here.  I call the 'middle ground' when beta testing applications commence!

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2004, 07:35:28 PM »

sounds pretty good to me.  Im sure it will be a great game, if bethesda can keep the game somewhat bug free.   I gotta admit im more than a little scared of you guys after POTC and some of thoe games that came out before morrowind.

AttA
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2004, 07:40:53 PM »

POTC?..Pirates of the Carribean?..that was Akela

warning

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2004, 08:09:30 PM »

POTC?..Pirates of the Carribean?..that was Akela

Bethseda published it but didn't develop it.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2004, 11:39:29 PM »

sounds good kathode.  any word on how moddable the next game will be?  mods and the community around them keep a game fresh, and are a real reason i still play morrowind now.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 06:27:08 PM »

The mod system will work very similarly to MW.  Many things will be easier, some things will undoubtedly be more difficult, just because there's a lot more data there this time.  

Another, much more retarded interview with me if you're interested:
http://articles.filefront.com/Elder_Scrolls_IV_Oblivion_Interview/;277;;;/article.html
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2004, 06:50:52 PM »

The mod system will work very similarly to MW.  Many things will be easier, some things will undoubtedly be more difficult, just because there's a lot more data there this time.

That's inexcusable. In the mod tools, there should be a button that reads "Click this for Super Holy Crap Graphical Mode" and next to that a button at says "99% of everyone else click here". Get on it, hoss. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2005, 07:55:02 PM »

Another, much more retarded interview with me if you're interested:
http://articles.filefront.com/Elder_Scrolls_IV_Oblivion_Interview/;277;;;/article.html

L.A.M.E.

KATHODE SUXORRSSSSS

p.s. me and kathode is good buds, so dont flame me you wierdos!!!  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: