http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 04:07:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Trailer  (Read 1674 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2005, 06:56:33 PM »

Just look.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 07:32:42 PM »

I've watched the new trailer 4 or 5 times already.  This is by far my favorite and most anticipated game of E3!

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:58:27 PM »

Wow, I'm surprised no one else seems to care about this. Maybe rewording the title would help...

I love the look of the new game. Mature, but still fantastical. Reminds me of the style Blizzard uses with WoW. And Link does turn into a wolf! The crazy little woman that rides atop him - the Twilight Princess, perhapse? Looks like it should be an interesting mechanic, as long as it's not too much of a gimmick. I still don't like how the game pauses ever so slightly as Link strikes an enemy, like it did with The Wind Waker. I love the enemy design, which I thought was weak in TWW. Love how the boomerang seemed ultra powerful against the spider - ripping up the floor? Awesome!

Here's another link to the trailer in QuickTime.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:33:08 PM »

I think it looks great, but I love me some Zelda.  I would have liked another Cel-shaded one though.  I think it was the perfect look for the series.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:40:42 PM »

I love it...I'm just a little overloaded trying to do news stuff and all that.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 07:55:42 PM »

Can't wait.  

Word is that the game is absolutely massive.  Something like 2-3 times the size of Ocarina of Time.  Its confirmed to have more dungeons than OoT (which puts it twice as much as Wind Waker).  Sounds like they've pulled out all of the stops.

Anyone who remembers the mid 80s Matthew Broderick/Michelle Pfeiffer movie Ladyhawke- Zelda's story is inspired by the same story that was the basis of the movie.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:02:25 PM »

That looks to be a winner.  I'll probably get it on launch day even though I still have an underplayed Wind Waker sitting around.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 09:02:52 PM »

Is the Ladyhawke notion a rumour, or is it confirmed? I'd read the same thought somewhere (IGN/Hyrule Times, maybe?), but it wasn't assured, just an idea.

I'm happy to hear that the game is a big 'un, I just hope that the dungeons get a bit of an update. Let's go beyond "Temples" - give me secluded areas with their own baddies and bosses.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 09:31:39 PM »

I think its more of an inspiration. It certainly seems to share some elements.

From the below website:

http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/mamahara/intro.html

The story of Tasogare no Himegimi, The Twilight Princess, came about when shoujo mangaka Mamahara Ellie decided to make a manga adaptation of the '80's fantasy movie Ladyhawke. Because she was unable to obtain the necessary rights, her story evolved into its current form. The characters are easy to parallel - a knight and a noblewoman that are cursed, a clergyman scheming to drive them apart, a young man who assists the benighted couple. All we're missing is the wolf. However, the motivations driving the characters are often very different, as a read through the script will attest. I'll leave that up to you.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 01:38:02 AM »

I have been totally ecstatic about this game since E3 of 2004!! I wish they would have announced a release date for this one. I am paranoid it will slip into 2006.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 02:16:30 AM »

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  This is Nintendo's big title for the holidays so I don't think it will slip.  Plus, I've heard that they worked real hard to get the game content complete early to leave a larger than usual time for polishing.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 09:27:10 AM »

From an IGN Cube Interview:

IGN: Is the storyline of Twilight Princess based on the movie Ladyhawke?

Eiji Aonuma: I've heard about the movie Ladyhawke, but I've never actually seen it. People have asked me about it, but obviously I don't have any inspiration from it since I've never seen it. That being said, this time around the reason that Link transforms into a wolf is completely different from what I understand is going on in that movie.

IGN: So is Link's transformation based on a day/night system?

Eiji Aonuma: No, actually in this game when Link enters the Twilight Realm he transforms into the wolf. I think there may have been some inspiration for the schematic elements of the moon rising and someone transforming into the wolf originally, but that's actually not part of the game system.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »

But has he read the Twilight Princess manga?
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 07:00:39 PM »

If you read the article, it explains that a sort of plague is sweeping across Hyrule, the Twilight Realm. If you watch the trailer, all of the black and white gameplay is in this Realm. When the people of Hyrule are transported into this dimension, they change into animals. It doesn't have anything to do with day or night, so there's no relationship where Link is a Wolf by night and Zelda is a hawk by day. As well, I think that the Twilight Princess is the weird little pixie that rides atop Link when he is a wolf, and not Zelda - that's the impression I got, though I could certainly be wrong.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 07:05:50 PM »

Oh, I'm not saying it was direct adaptation but I find the similarities between certain gameplay elements as well as the title itself to mean that someone at Nintendo has probably read and enjoyed the manga.

EDIT- I don't think the TP is that thing that rides Link since it already has a name (Minga I think) and is actually Link's enemy that has to join forces with him.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 12:48:38 AM »

For those interested, I believe Legend of Zelda with the director is going to be on Gamespot Live coming up here.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 12:51:31 AM »

Yep...it's on right now!

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 01:09:07 AM »

IN!