http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 03:25:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Incredibles demo  (Read 1570 times)
Rob_Merritt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »

Played with it about an hours. It is a pure console platformer, so don't get your hopes up but it actually has some big pluses.
It looks fairly nice. High res, lots of special effects. on my ati x800 I had it at 1280x1024 with full screen AA. Ran smooth and looked smooth.
The controls were tight and you could configure them anyway you want. (something I wish activision console would do) Want to use a game pad? Its all there and works on a dime? What standard fps controls with mouse and keyboard, they are there too.  Both work very well.
Gameplay is shallow console fair. Not to say consoles are shallow, but the Incredibles is exactly what you expect in a platformer movie license tie in. Its a very good version of that but its nothing more.

I might pick up the full game.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 03:00:36 PM »

I'm a fan of platformers and humorous superheroes so I'm considering picking this one up, but probably for the XBox.  When it drops to $30 or so.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 02:28:21 AM »

Its $29 for the pc now. However I imagine it will drop quickly after the movie goes through its life cycle in the theaters. So I'll just keep a close eye on gogamer for it.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 03:33:25 PM »

Yeah, I see it's going to be on sale at Target for $25 next week (starting tomorrow) so I may just have to give it a go!   smile

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 07:31:11 PM »

Been getting 6.5ish across the board in reviews.
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 03:20:43 PM »

I see there are 2 The incredibles games. What is the differnce.

The 2 games are:
The Incredibles
The Incredibles: When danger calls
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 04:17:48 PM »

From what I've read, the PC version is not a port, it's completey different from the console version.  Two different developers, two different games:

Quote from: "GameSpot"
Internal THQ group Heavy Iron Studios developed the console versions. Taking the form of a 3D action platform title, the game puts the player into the role of all four members of the Incredibles family, each of whom has his or her own levels that are tuned to his or her special power. For example, Mr. Incredible's levels are filled with mass destruction, while superspeedy son Dash's levels are built around fast action.

The Incredibles: When Danger Calls for the PC/Mac offers younger gamers experiences of their own, with 10 levels full of minigames based on the film's characters, settings, and events. It was developed by Imaginengine. The GBA version is developed by Helixe, and Beenox adapted the console game to the PC/Mac.

I was thinking about picking up the PC version... until I read this.  :?

-mf

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 12:09:52 AM »

Quote from: "MonkeyFinger"
From what I've read, the PC version is not a port, it's completey different from the console version.  Two different developers, two different games:

Quote from: "GameSpot"
Internal THQ group Heavy Iron Studios developed the console versions. Taking the form of a 3D action platform title, the game puts the player into the role of all four members of the Incredibles family, each of whom has his or her own levels that are tuned to his or her special power. For example, Mr. Incredible's levels are filled with mass destruction, while superspeedy son Dash's levels are built around fast action.

The Incredibles: When Danger Calls for the PC/Mac offers younger gamers experiences of their own, with 10 levels full of minigames based on the film's characters, settings, and events. It was developed by Imaginengine. The GBA version is developed by Helixe, and Beenox adapted the console game to the PC/Mac.

I was thinking about picking up the PC version... until I read this.  :?

-mf

Read the post above yours...there are two different Incredibles games on the PC.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 03:37:14 AM »

Ack, didn't realise both were available on the PC. Still... answered the question as to what the difference is.  :wink:

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 03:52:33 AM »

i was in a store today and saw both versions of the game sitting right next to each other on the shelf.  believe it or not, the 'grown-up' version was the cheaper of the two thanks to a sale price...$23.72 at my local Wal-Mart.  pretty nice price for a brand new game.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: