http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:53:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Halo 3 screenshot thread  (Read 3741 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:00:38 AM »

What a GREAT idea, and something that I'm really addicted to.  It just shows how polished a developer thinks their game us to allow us the ability to replay any match, from any camera angle.  LOVE IT!

USE THIS THREAD to post your pics!

Depward, Calvin and I pwning a nub.

Good luck slowing that Warthog down...

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »

Awesome idea.  And I love this feature too.  Couple of pics:

A head-on collision between a Covenant soldier & Master Chief with some marines.  Needless to say, the Covenant won that battle...

Some Covenant dude stickied my warthog, sending it flying...

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »

very nice shots guys.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:02:31 AM »

The whole time I was playing Max Payne, I kept wishing there was a way to record the action.  I hope this recording feature makes it into more games; it's a great idea.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 01:47:10 PM »

Can someone explain HOW you take pictures and videos? Is this ability limited to online only or can I take shots during my single player campaign game?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »

pretty!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »

jblank - you need to link up your bungie.net account with your  gamertag.  Then go to theater after playing campaign, multi, whatever.  You'll have saved films from your most recent games there.  Then just manipulate the camera to your liking!  Don't forget to publish it to the web after saving it!

Seriously, this feature is awesome.  I really believe this pushes gaming to "gaming 2.0".

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »

Quote from: depward on September 26, 2007, 02:48:35 PM

jblank - you need to link up your bungie.net account with your  gamertag.  Then go to theater after playing campaign, multi, whatever.  You'll have saved films from your most recent games there.  Then just manipulate the camera to your liking!  Don't forget to publish it to the web after saving it!

Seriously, this feature is awesome.  I really believe this pushes gaming to "gaming 2.0".

I have it linked already, so I need to go to theater and everything is already there?

depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 03:56:13 PM »

Quote from: jblank on September 26, 2007, 03:20:39 PM

Quote from: depward on September 26, 2007, 02:48:35 PM

I have it linked already, so I need to go to theater and everything is already there?
Not sure how much is saved, but the last time you've played campaign and / or multiplayer, the games should be available for you to view in the theater yes.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »

Thanks Depward, now, can you tell me what the circled area is?  icon_biggrin

depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »

You have me there dude   icon_lol  No idea...

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:54:21 PM »

it tracks the kills you get in solo/coop campaigns.  at this point, i've killed 519 of the alien bastiges.  no mp = no rank though.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 26, 2007, 06:54:21 PM

it tracks the kills you get in solo/coop campaigns.  at this point, i've killed 519 of the alien bastiges.  no mp = no rank though.
O rly?  I suppose it tracks if you turn on point scoring... since I don't have that turned on.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »

Quote from: depward on September 26, 2007, 07:02:04 PM

O rly?  I suppose it tracks if you turn on point scoring... since I don't have that turned on.

it tracks even if scoring is off as i didn't know to turn it on before hand and have been playing the campaign without it.  it also tracks your medals, stuff like # headshots, vehicle kills and enemy types.  not sure what the "hero" enemy class is, but i have killed a few of them too. 

what's odd is the number of medals you get in a play through.  i've got so many of them that a real life soldier would be forced to carry a huge placard just for parades. biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:35 PM »

i have put my screenshots on my service record on bungie.net...but how did you post them here?

i tried and got

that

EDIT:never mind,i used photobucket afetr saving the pictures to my desktop

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:50:49 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 08:55:03 PM »

But I played the first level of the game last night, in single player, so why isn't it showing my kills?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

here are the other 3 i took

not great pictures,but now that i know how its done i can have more fun with it all

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 09:00:27 PM »

oh one question:

why when in theatre mode can i not rewind or go back while trying to take a picture?,the options are there but grayed out,and i cant select them,i can however pause and do a little fast forward

there is also an option for record,but that is grayed out as well,and i cant select that either

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 09:43:29 PM »

Quote from: jblank on September 26, 2007, 08:55:03 PM

But I played the first level of the game last night, in single player, so why isn't it showing my kills?

hmm.  not sure.  if you have it turned on, it will show up in the campaign record in the Score column.  it tracks whether you play solo or coop.  did you finish the first level or just a part of it?  i started the 7th campaign level and it doesn't show any stats from that just yet.

here's a faq on this

this could be a fun way to go through once you get all of the skulls. 

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 09:50:37 PM »

Moriarty and I played around with the film feature today.  Got some fun shots, a few of which are on my bungie.net page.  Will either post, or talk moriarty into posting some here.

Also discovered that you can search the levels for skulls while watching the films.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 26, 2007, 09:50:37 PM

Moriarty and I played around with the film feature today.  Got some fun shots, a few of which are on my bungie.net page.  Will either post, or talk moriarty into posting some here.

Also discovered that you can search the levels for skulls while watching the films.

someone listed where the skulls are on xbox.com,if you dont want to look about for them,i havent been looking myself

http://forums.xbox.com/15766931/ShowPost.aspx

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 10:48:27 PM »

"Goonies never say die"
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 10:59:54 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 26, 2007, 09:00:27 PM

oh one question:

why when in theatre mode can i not rewind or go back while trying to take a picture?,the options are there but grayed out,and i cant select them,i can however pause and do a little fast forward

there is also an option for record,but that is grayed out as well,and i cant select that either

I read that rewind only works in MP, not SP.

LiveTAG: happydog
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:38 AM »

I'm still confused, sorry about that, but I have saved a bunch of screenshots and it says it is uploading to Bungie, but I can't find them on my service record page there. Am I doing something wrong?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:24 AM »

yeah thats what i did as well.....but there is something else in the halo 3 menu that you do after that

hold on.....

right,when on the main menu,after saving the photos..press start for settings,and there in media will be file sharing,select a picture sapce and upload the picture you took earlier to the space....it should be on bungie.net now...then from bungie.net i saved the pictures to my desktop and then uploaded them from there to my photoshop...and from there i was able to put thme on this site

thats what i was stuck on in my post above before i edited it

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 04:56:44 AM »

I need to look through my campaign footage - I have some great moments when I took down some of the larger critters in the game. Did things just a tad unorthodox in some of them. biggrin

BTW - the game seems to keep in temporary storage the last 10 or so matches/games/campaign stages in a temp spot on your HD. It does NOT save them for good to your HD unless you tell the game to do so. So, if you liked a level, make sure you go actually save it to your HD (they're small) for later viewing/editing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:58:30 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »

yeah i noticed that last night Destructor,i must say whatever you think of Halo,the features are fantastic......whether i am taking a snapshot or not,its still great zooming about the levels,and going far up ahead and watching the grunts take orders from the elites,even when your actual player is nowhere near them yet

this picture i managed to get just as i broke ugly boy's shield

and this one was me being dumb,i just went ahead and held down the trigger buttons,and i forgot about the left handed gun needing to be rapidly pressed,so what happened was that gun started to charge instead for a mega shot,LOL

and this is the one of the dropships being attacked from the banshee's...which i missed when playing as i was concentrating on the enemy on the ground(not a great picture )

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »

still haven't figured out how to do this.  Signed up for Bungie.net, but I can't figure out how to upload.  Help

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »

Here are two screenshots from a GREAT match that USMC Kato and I had last night. We teamed up against ElenkisUK and some of his friends and the 2 of us beat the 3 of them, but they were VERY competitive matches.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 01:59:46 PM »

very nice pictures Jblank

soulchilde-

okay,you have signed up to bungie...good....taken pictures during a view of a level or online game,and then when taken it,it says saving to bungie.net?...good

okay,you have your picture....but before you go to bungie,from the main menu,press the start button for settings,you will be taken to the media screen,from there goto file sharing

you should then have a screen with 6 spaces for photos...select one and then it will give you a selection(choose sceenshots) and then select from the photos you took...which will upload to the numbered space

then,it should appear on bungie.net(make sure to sign in) under my stats>>my service record>>>file share.

then select the screenshot and save it to your PC if you want

the picture underneath is one i have just done(i was doing itas i was typing the above,so i got it all right)
this is online i am the one in grey...not sure where the other guy is shooting,but i have just thrown a grenade at him...which seemed to finish him,as we had just ahd a gun battle

anyway hope that helps

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:02:52 PM »

So you can only have 6 pictures saved to Bungie's site?  icon_frown

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 02:08:16 PM »

i dont think so,after you have downloaded them successfully to bungies site...you can delete the desired photo from your halo 3 menu(one of the 6 photo spaces),and put a new one in,and both new and old are still on my stats on bungie.net

however i think there is a limit(or at least i would guess there is)at bungie.net howmany you can put there

but i could be totally wrong,all i know is i have some files in file sharing on bungie.net(5 it think)..and then in the hi res screenshots i have 8

yeah in my service record i have

hi res screenshots-8
file share 5(which was 4 until i did the above photo a few minutes ago)
game history 11

EDIT:when you select hi res screenshots(as i say i ahve 8)it lists them all and has thumbnails for them...but at the bottom it says page 1..so i more pages will be allowed

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT

30 you can have
Hi-Res Halo 3 Screenshots
30 of your most recent screenshots will be automatically saved when you take a picture in the game. If you reach more than 30, older screenshots will be deleted when new ones are added.

Be sure to save your best screenshots to your Service Record Gallery! You can publish your gallery screenshots to forums or use them for your Glory Shot on the front page of your Service Record.

the service record gallery (your very best kicking ass screens)can save 20 screenshots...from the above...but if like me,i have been saving them all to my photobucket,so...the limit isnt an issue with me
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:14:23 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »

Bungie Pro gives you more space if you're going to become an auteur of Halo-related material.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 03:04:34 PM »

or you can save them to your PC and upload them to photobucket or imageshack.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
depward

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 03:07:14 PM »

TML sniped some dude out of the air on Narrows.  Very nice shot.  I played about 16 multiplayer games last night... and I don't recall doing anything memorable enough to take a screenie or vid of   icon_lol

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 04:14:35 PM »

I made a film clip of that shot, as well.  But I failed to show that my first shot was a miss Tongue

I really enjoy all the MP maps I've played, but Narrows definitely standing out as a classic.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on September 27, 2007, 04:14:35 PM

I made a film clip of that shot, as well.  But I failed to show that my first shot was a miss Tongue

I really enjoy all the MP maps I've played, but Narrows definitely standing out as a classic.
I think we figured out that ATTACKING on Narrows is a whole heck of a lot better than sitting back and defending.  Get out there, get the good weapon spawns (rockets ftw), and go go go!

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »

Quote from: depward on September 27, 2007, 03:07:14 PM

TML sniped some dude out of the air on Narrows.  Very nice shot.  I played about 16 multiplayer games last night... and I don't recall doing anything memorable enough to take a screenie or vid of   icon_lol

Nice pic - I've discovered a few interesting strategies on Narrows.  Keep in mind that you can throw junk onto the air cannons and fling it across the map.  Dropping a couple of grenades into them is always good for a laugh.  Another tactic I've found useful is throwing the bubble shield onto the air cannon and then immediately following behind it.  It spawns the shield, and you're behind it as it travels, so people can't snipe you while you're in the air, and then you land inside the bubble at the other end.

Of course, my final attempt at this ended in me colliding mid-air with a guy coming the other direction, and beating him down as we fell to our deaths.  I should grab a screenshot from that.  Good times!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »

I totally pwnzored that brute.

The theater mode is pretty neat, but I wish you could skip ahead or back when watching a film of the campaign mode.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on September 27, 2007, 06:05:22 PM

Quote from: depward on September 27, 2007, 03:07:14 PM

Nice pic - I've discovered a few interesting strategies on Narrows.  Keep in mind that you can throw junk onto the air cannons and fling it across the map.  Dropping a couple of grenades into them is always good for a laugh.  Another tactic I've found useful is throwing the bubble shield onto the air cannon and then immediately following behind it.  It spawns the shield, and you're behind it as it travels, so people can't snipe you while you're in the air, and then you land inside the bubble at the other end.

Of course, my final attempt at this ended in me colliding mid-air with a guy coming the other direction, and beating him down as we fell to our deaths.  I should grab a screenshot from that.  Good times!
No doubt - go screenie that midair beatdown!

Yeah you know, I've found that Narrows really requires the most "strategy" out of the others.  We've been successful (and I mean we by playing with tml & calvin) most of the time by straight out attacking - bring it to them - going through the middle or all flinging over at the same time.  One thing is for sure - you go it alone on narrows and you're bound to hit a 1 vs 3 or 4 situation.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: