http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 04:34:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Canadian Wii Hunt or Gone in 160 Seconds  (Read 594 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 03:01:39 PM »

Yesterday I did my weekly wii-kly rounds of checking Canadian retail sites for Wii's for a friend that now lives in the Bay area and who's had no luck locating one in SF. So I did the usual check of futureshop.ca, bestbuy.ca and toysrus.ca, and low and behold to my amazement there's 7 Wii's in stock at futureshop.ca. This was a 1st as I've never seen anything listed other than a big '0' or 'Not in Stock'. So I immediately place my order and nab one; yeah my friend will no longer go for want! smile  As soon a I completed my order I noticed the stock was now at 3.

I immediately holler over to a coworker who's just walked into room and he jumps on the futureshop site and...and.... nada, zilch, zero; not a single Wii left! I figure about 2-1/2 minutes transpired before the stock was completely depleted; hence the name of my post. You here about sell rates like this being boasted about by Big 'N' brass, but it's always amazing when you see it with your own eyes.  icon_eek
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:09:37 PM by kronovan » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 03:40:03 PM »

here in England,our shops have just got new stock in as well...how long they will last for i have no idea,it is still selling well here,so it prolly wont be long

hope your friend finally gets one

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:58:21 PM »

I finally saw my first Wii in the wild just last week at a nearby Futureshop. I wanted to shake the box to make sure it was real, but I don't know if the store would appreciate that.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:27:17 PM »

Around the DC area, it seems like they only last a day or so. And with a job, it's pretty hard to get out and get one. I guess all those pouty kids drag their parents and buy out the best buy before I get there.  disgust

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: