http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:24:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fall  (Read 1491 times)
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:26:24 PM »

I thought it would have been released by now, anyone know what is going on with it? last I heard they were having problems with the English version :evil: I'm hoping this game will hold my Post Apocalyptic RPG needs over until FO3 is released..Whenever that is frown.

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 02:21:40 AM »

They just launched the German version, and I guess it was a mess.  Tey've already released 4 patches for it, and it looks like it's still not fixed.  As for the English version, one of the developers posted the following on their forums -
"I'm fully aware that you guys are growing impatient, but at this point there simply isn't anything to be announced. Take note though that there will be an English version."

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 09:11:07 PM »

As one of the few rpgs coming out in the near future, i was really looking forward to this one  :cry:
Gorath
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:49:17 AM »

Three weeks after release there are only 3 reviews available. This is very uncommon.
All of them say the game itself is good, especially story, quests and the world are among the best in the genre. Combat is reportedly rather unspectacular, similar to KotOR without the f/x.
It seems the game still has heavy _technical_ problems. Work on the add-on has been suspended for the time being. The whole team is working full throttle on bugfixing, 7 days a week. The dedication to solving the problems is very impressive so far. The next big patch is already in testing. Of course the QA should have caught most issues before the release, though.

Now playing:
The Moment of Silence
Gorath
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 09:57:33 PM »

Update: It´s official, The Fall already has an US publisher. Release will take some time, though.

Now playing:
The Moment of Silence
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 12:50:49 AM »

Quote from: "Gorath"
Update: It´s official, The Fall already has an US publisher. Release will take some time, though.
awesome...kind of frown..Well hopefully they will work the bugs out, and the US release will be playable :twisted:

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Gorath
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 03:47:46 AM »

Seems SSE has broken the downward trend. Forum talk says the new v1.5  is the first playable version.

Now playing:
The Moment of Silence
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 03:45:18 AM »

How do you get off makin a post apocalyptic RPG whos name is only an "out" different from the other post apocalyptic RPG?  Tell me no one in Germany or where ever this game comes from had heard of that one and thought "Hey, maybe we should show a TAD bit more creativity?"
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 02:51:46 PM »

Oh, but they were creative.  They added real-time gameplay.   :twisted:

(OH yeah, I'll try this one.  Right after it hits the $5 bargain bin one month after it's relaease and 60% scores on gamerankings)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 12:12:56 AM »

60%? You're being optimistic.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 06:51:52 PM »

Yeah.  I'm an eternal optimist.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: