http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 03:47:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Eye of Judgment out Oct 24 - card-based game (think Magic) for the PS3  (Read 15367 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2007, 03:42:10 AM »

I saw that this game has sold about 120k copies.  What do you consider that?  Success? Failure?  Enough to warrant a sequel?
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2007, 03:47:19 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 22, 2007, 03:42:10 AM

I saw that this game has sold about 120k copies.  What do you consider that?  Success? Failure?  Enough to warrant a sequel?

I'm assuming the production costs for this game weren't high so it's probably a success.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2007, 04:30:16 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 22, 2007, 03:47:19 AM

Quote from: Canuck on December 22, 2007, 03:42:10 AM

I'm assuming the production costs for this game weren't high so it's probably a success.

Why would you assume that?

They are giving you the game, camera, and cards for $70.  I'm guessing they were selling the game package at a loss and hoping to make money off of the cards going forward. 

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »

120k copies is pretty good, imo.  It'll keep selling because of the Eye (which more and more games will utilize), and I'm still reading about retailers not being able to keep boosters in stock.

Couple this with the upcoming expansions (which have been announced), and it's done pretty good for itself.  Honestly, as an entirely new IP CCG, sales could have been a lot worse.

TheMissingLink on PSN
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2007, 06:17:55 PM »

Played 4 ranked games last night, 1 win and 3 losses  thumbsup  I rule....not

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2007, 10:43:27 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 22, 2007, 06:17:55 PM

Played 4 ranked games last night, 1 win and 3 losses  thumbsup  I rule....not

Hey I'll add you later when I go on maybe can get some games in tonight.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
depward

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2008, 04:53:01 PM »

Played online a couple of times yesterday.  All very good games (cough I lost them all cough).

I'm still amazed, every time I play, just how awesome this game is.  And how strategic!  My deck isn't that wonderful... I'm constantly refining it and I can't seem to find a perfect balance of elements / higher cost creatures to lower, but I'm always able to compete.

Has anyone been able to find boosters in B&M stores?  I've ordered several previously... but all online.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »

How much do the boosters cost?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 02, 2008, 04:54:56 PM

How much do the boosters cost?

$3.99 for a pack of eight cards.  I could go the online route... heck, why don't I just go the online route again?!

depward

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

Does anyone have any deck building strategies?  I think I have a good deck... go online... and get my butt kicked.

I already opted to take out a couple of fortresses because I was very fortress-heavy.  I played against some guy really well... and he had an excellent strategy of having a bunch of cards that made me have to discard a lot.  I was even down to zero drawing one card on my turn for a couple of turns, it was insane.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

Quote from: depward on January 14, 2008, 04:47:38 PM

Does anyone have any deck building strategies?  I think I have a good deck... go online... and get my butt kicked.

I already opted to take out a couple of fortresses because I was very fortress-heavy.  I played against some guy really well... and he had an excellent strategy of having a bunch of cards that made me have to discard a lot.  I was even down to zero drawing one card on my turn for a couple of turns, it was insane.

Don't neglect 1 to 2 mana creatures.  Ever since tweaking my deck, I've had amazing results online.  My deck:

Forest
1 - Green Lycanthrope
1 - Bewitching Elf Archess
2 - Twin Goblins
2 - Elven Berserker Maiden
4 - Elven Rider

Earth
1 - Verzar Canine
2 - Skeleton Soldier
3 - Novogus Catapult
4 - Se Hollyn Fortress
4 - Dungeon of Ten Tyrants

Water
1 - Tritonan Ice Guard
2 - Aluhja Priestess
3 - Cloud Runner
4 - Moving Isle of Kadena
5 - Don of Venoa

Fire
1 - Hellfire Spitter
2 - Partmole Flame Lizard
2 - Partmole Flame Lizard
3 - Flame Ascetic
3 - Great Minos of Sciondar

Biolith
3 - Biolith Bomber
5 - Arc Satellite Cannon
5 - Taurus Monolith

Egg/Unknown
1 - White Cubic

Spells
0 - Beguiling Fog
0 - Summoner Mesmer's Lapse
1 - Summoner Mesmer's Errand
1 - Claire Wil's Banner
2 - Fissures of Goghile
2 - Fissures of Goghile

I honestly have a couple of tweaks to do since depward hooked me up with a couple of booster packs (buh-bye Don of Venoa) and I got some fantastic cards, but my FAVORITES:

1) Dungeon of Ten Tyrants - a fortress card, it gives you 1 mana at the end of your turn as long as it isn't on an Earth field.  And the fact it has 4HP helps.  Whenever I see this card played against me, it immediately gets my attention.  And if I draw it, no matter what else I drew to start my turn, I don't mulligan and I play.

2) Cloud Runner - only has 2HP and costs a spendy 3 mana, but it has a dodge attempt, can attack on both sides, and you draw cards equal to the number of water fields, usually two.  Again, like the Dungeon above, when I draw this one, I hardly mulligan.  The more cards you have, the more options available.

3) White Cubic - this really isn't that great of a card.  The reason I like it is because it immediately changes the tone of the game.  You can make your opponents move just by placing this one down.  I love baiting my opponent using the White Cubic, and I love it's game-changing potential.

4) Partmole Flame Lizard - the best character you can summon for 2 mana.  His attack is 2, his HP is at 2, and he has quickness.  Also, it only costs 1 mana to attack with him after summoned.  He has a blind spot, but position him right and you've got a powerful card.

And my little combo:

Summoner Mesmer's Lapse & Moving Isle of Kadena - I love it when my opponents sit on their turn, saving up their mana.  What Summoner Mesmer's Lapse does is you sacrifice a creature, and your opponent loses the mana cost of that creature.  And Moving Isle of Kadena is a 4HP fortress that steals 2 mana from your opponent when placed on a non-water field.  I like to limit the amount of mana my opponent has, while constantly throwing out creatures tied to their element, keeping the pressure on.

My deck's weakness?  I don't have many truly powerful creatures, and if I don't draw the mana-zapping cards, I have a harder time.

However, I love how much variety I have in my deck.  My buddy taught me as I constructing my Magic decks back in the day that you should choose cards that have the most variety and adaptability.  I have "weak" creatures, but they all can be used in different ways.

TheMissingLink on PSN
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2008, 10:17:32 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 14, 2008, 07:48:40 PM

2) Cloud Runner - only has 2HP and costs a spendy 3 mana, but it has a dodge attempt, can attack on both sides, and you draw cards equal to the number of water fields, usually two.  Again, like the Dungeon above, when I draw this one, I hardly mulligan.  The more cards you have, the more options available.
That card seems to have one of the keys to winning at any CCG I have ever played . . . card advantage = game advantage.  Any card that nets you an additional resource (another card(s)) when played/activated has already "paid" for itself and at that point is expendable . . . any additional results from it are just gravy.  I do not know how applicable this is to EOJ . . . I really need to pick this up . . . it was the Amazon deal of the day a couple of days ago for like $49 but the family is going to Orlando in 3 weeks so I'm in spending lockdown right now . . .

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2008, 02:56:21 AM »

well my wife and i wanted to give this ago today after having not played in a couple months.

i'm not sure what happened, but i can't get the camera to pick up the cards anymore.   we recalibrated it a couple times and then quit in disgust.  i know i'm not the only one here.......is there a trick everyone is using to get it to pick up the cards better?  when we got it at release, we played countless hours and never had an issue.   now it only picks the cards up about 50% of the time.   it's unplayable.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2008, 03:12:28 AM »

That's crazy.  Maybe there was some weird lighting?  I went from going from a "dark" lighting...then it wouldn't pick anything up, to "white" light.  Just gotta make sure to calibrate it before playing every time biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2008, 03:13:37 AM »

Switch from 60 to 50 (whatever option that's called).. picks up my cards like a charm

depward

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »

New Set 2 info w/ pictures of new cards:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/15/hot-off-the-eye-of-judgment-card-press-set-2/

The Dwarven Sniper card looks hawt?

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »

I wish this game would just let you play with virtual cards and a PS3 controller.  There have been times I want to play but I just can't bring myself to setup the whole shebang and get out the cards each time.

I am seriously considering throwing this on EBay.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2008, 01:09:11 AM »

Looks good.

I'm excited at the fact that they're introducing some more complex rules into the game...maybe they'll make set 2 "advanced" like Time Spiral for Magic, that sort of thing biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2008, 01:09:30 PM »

gonna try and play some this weekend.   might hit you up TML if i get the chance and i can get the calibration working again properly.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on February 16, 2008, 01:09:30 PM

gonna try and play some this weekend.   might hit you up TML if i get the chance and i can get the calibration working again properly.

Busy this weekend, I have zero time to play frown

TheMissingLink on PSN
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »

boo!!!!  i rarely get weekends off!!!!   guess i'll have to let my wife kick my butt again!!

depward

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2008, 12:37:13 AM »

Just letting everyone know - TML and I picked up some set 2 boosters today, so they're definitely out there...

depward

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2008, 06:03:22 AM »

Oh shiiii!  I pulled a Set 2 Wood Phantom card!

Elven Prince Royal, Lucilion (Phantom UR)

Race - Hero
Affiliation - Til Vorg Monarchy

Summon/Activation - 5/3
HP/Attack - 5/2

- Each time elf creature is summoned, you may select a non-ultra rare wood creature from graveyard, and return it to hand.
- When enemy creature is summoned on adjacent fields, the opponent must discard a card.
- Other non-elf creatures add 2 to their activation cost.

Unfortunately... I play a mostly fire deck   disgust

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »

So awesome biggrin

And before you opened your boosters, you were like, "want to trade?"  I ALMOST HAD A PHANTOM!

The crazy rules for some of these set 2 cards...it's exciting!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2008, 02:24:12 PM »

I should be getting the game soon-hope I can have some fun with it!  Did this product ever get off the ground?  I hope they succeed enough to do a sequel.  We need more innovation in games. 
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on September 22, 2008, 02:24:12 PM

I should be getting the game soon-hope I can have some fun with it!  Did this product ever get off the ground?  I hope they succeed enough to do a sequel.  We need more innovation in games. 

I have seen the game itself discounted in a few stores so I'm thinking it flopped.  I think it is a good concept.  But they really should have allowed you to play with just a controller instead of requiring you to set up the mat and cards just to play online against another player.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 22, 2008, 07:11:08 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on September 22, 2008, 03:11:22 PM

Quote from: Canuck on September 22, 2008, 02:24:12 PM

I have seen the game itself discounted in a few stores so I'm thinking it flopped.  I think it is a good concept.  But they really should have allowed you to play with just a controller instead of requiring you to set up the mat and cards just to play online against another player.

Yeah, they could have made it more flexible, less of a bitch to set up.

And like denoginizer, I've seen it discounted at places, as well.

A patch to include trophies has been announced, and the Set 3 expansion is on its way, so maybe it'll make a resurgence.  I think it deserves it, personally.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »

Ok I've finally gotten into this game and I'm loving it!  I'm thinking of picking up some more cards and what I would really like is to get another deck for when my friend comes over in the end of January.  Are all the theme decks compatible with Set 1 or will I be forced to buy the add-ons for Set 2 and 3 (which I might do anyway because I think they can be grabbed for $15 or $20).

Are these cards fairly easy to find or should I stick to Amazon?  Should I be getting theme decks or boosters?  Thanks for the advice.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2008, 03:52:50 AM »

Boosters will have cards that theme decks do now.  However, because the number of cars in each set is pretty low, there'll be a good deal of overlap.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2008, 04:12:33 AM »

So I should go for theme decks then?  I'm not going to be some crazy collector trying to get ultrarare cards, I just like to have a good amount of variety.  When you guys play do you have the animations turned on or off?  They're kind of cool to watch but they drag the game out a bit.  I wonder what its like when you turn them off.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2008, 04:13:51 AM »

Oh did you mean overlap between booster packs or overlap between theme decks?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »

Er, I mean, while the boosters will have cards you can't find in theme decks, the theme decks will often have a lot of the same cars you find in boosters.  All these decks have 1-2 rares.  So if you're looking to play with friends, I'd suggest theme decks first, as a few theme decks will net you the building blocks for new decks, then using boosters you can get specialty cards for the extra punch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: