http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 03:11:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim  (Read 33105 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »

want a chance to be in the Xbox 360 beta?..if chosen you get the add on for free

Eurogamer has the details

or you can screw that and apply here,you must have a Bethesda forums account

http://dawnguardbeta.elderscrolls.com/form.php

it will ask you some questions about your Skyrim character and how long you have and do spend on Skyrim and what Xbox etc...nothing too taxing Tongue

but of course,not everyone will get in...so fingers crossed...not only getting it earlier than others but for free as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »

The beta is coming next week, with the full DLC releasing on June 26.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2012, 11:15:55 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 05, 2012, 10:07:40 PM

The beta is coming next week, with the full DLC releasing on June 26.

He said that a beta of the Dawnguard would be opened up next week to those who have signed up and that the DLC would be available to buy on June 26th.

I signed up,does that mean i am in?  Tongue

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 06, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »

Say MO - Can you really go back to Skyrim now that you've tried the combat in Dragons Dogma?

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2012, 12:18:51 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 06, 2012, 11:43:33 AM

Say MO - Can you really go back to Skyrim now that you've tried the combat in Dragons Dogma?

I was bored the first time through having recently finished Dark Souls, now that I've also played DD there is no way the wooden feel of skyrim combat will compare
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »

I've not actually played DD since Friday,been watching Spartacus and played Batman AC again and then the Batman AC DLC,and also with E3 upon us..so no doubt going back to DD i will be lost anyway...and i have a funny feeling i will end up starting again for the third time Roll Eyes

I went back to Skyrim a few weeks past when the Kinect voice command update was out...didn't have a clue what i was doing then either...this is from someone who put 208 hrs into his main Skyrim game and 30 hrs into his second Skyrim game just to get an achievement he missed

i may spend a few days prior to the DLC with Skyrim to get the feel for the game again...i know i need it

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »

238 hours with it and you might be lost?  That's 6 full work weeks.  Do you get retrained at work after a 2 week vacation?   icon_twisted  (tis a joke btw)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »

75% of people who got into the Dawnguard beta have had their invites sent to them already

there is half a percent chance that you will get an invite
CVG

If you signed up for Skyrim: Dawnguard beta test access, then know this: only half a percent of those who signed up will get the opportunity to take part.

That's according to the official Bethesda Game Studios Twitter account, which has confirmed that 75 percent of the invites have already been sent, with the remaining invites set to hit inboxes tomorrow.

So if you signed up for the beta, the odds are definitely against you, though your invite may be waiting in your inbox right now.

The Twitter account also confirmed that the 1.6 update for Skyrim is available to PC users on Steam today.

Let us know if you got access, as your luck may rub off on the rest of us. You can be our saviour.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote from: Harkonis on June 06, 2012, 04:53:34 PM

238 hours with it and you might be lost?  That's 6 full work weeks.  Do you get retrained at work after a 2 week vacation?   icon_twisted  (tis a joke btw)

That was in November/December though Hark,i have had a few "jobs" since then,Kingdoms of Amalur,Max Payne 3,Dragons Dogma,Metal Gear Solid HD collection,Mass Effect 3,The Witcher 2 to name a few  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:38:23 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 12, 2012, 07:47:21 PM »

Buy your avatar an Arrow in the Knee for 240 space bucks.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 12, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »

I am almost tempted by that one....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: June 12, 2012, 10:11:29 PM »

And then curse your horse armor for not protecting your knee...

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »

DLC=10-20hrs long

“It’ll take between 10 and 20 hours to beat,” said lead artist Matt Carofano. “It’s about as long as a faction line.”

Although the expansion is not the biggest Bethesda has ever made, it’s still rather chunky. “Dawnguard will be significantly bigger than any Fallout DLC,” Carofano said. “We wanted to do something more in depth than that. It’s not as big as Shivering Isles, but there’s still a lot of content there.”

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2012, 02:09:26 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 15, 2012, 12:13:59 PM

DLC=10-20hrs long

“It’ll take between 10 and 20 hours to beat,” said lead artist Matt Carofano. “It’s about as long as a faction line.”

Although the expansion is not the biggest Bethesda has ever made, it’s still rather chunky. “Dawnguard will be significantly bigger than any Fallout DLC,” Carofano said. “We wanted to do something more in depth than that. It’s not as big as Shivering Isles, but there’s still a lot of content there.”

10-20 is a pretty big spread; I wish they said how they came up with those numbers.  still, how can anyone pass up a chance to beat on a guy named Harkon? biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »

Well, my previously rock solid Skyrim is now horribly unstable with frequent crashes after adding Dawnguard.  Started a new character and it crashes.  Switch to windowed mode and moved on.  Got to the first boss in the barrows and it crashes.  Switch to low graphics mode on everything.  Got to the first Dragon and it crashes.  Started last night and I'm looking at probably 20+ crashes and I'm level 3.  This is a game that I have well over 40 hours in without a single crash...before now.  I've cleaned it up, removed any mod that does anything besides a basic texture, started over and nothing...it's a pure crash to desktop with no error logged. 

Did the normal things...up to date drivers with no reported issues, no heat issues, cleared cache, checked integrity, removed mods and scripts that might effect the same (and started a new one), etc.

Very disappointing.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: August 08, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

Try removing every mod and starting fresh to see if it still crashes?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 08, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »

I finished Dawnguard yesterday with no issues.  I haven't installed any mods for Skyrim, though. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 08, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on August 08, 2012, 10:04:44 PM

I finished Dawnguard yesterday with no issues.  I haven't installed any mods for Skyrim, though.  

The weird thing is I'm getting errors (according to google searches) that people had when the original game first came out.  Evidently the crash at the beheading scene was wide spread then.  Right now I've disabled everything and I'm trying again though all of my mods were static visual improvements (texture and meshes) and not game changing like new races, followers, scripts, etc.

Only thing I really miss is SkyUI and I had forgotten how bad the default UI really is.

EDIT: found one major problem.  The realistic thunder sounds mod is causing crashes during dragon shouts.  So that's one off the list.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:21:47 PM by ericb » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: