http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 03:59:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim  (Read 31770 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on January 12, 2012, 08:00:11 PM

PeteRock is the 1%. The 1% who actually reads the books in Skyrim, that is. Heck, I've gotten to the point that I skip much of the dialogue. I love the game, but the lore does nothing for me.

I used to read books like that out of respect to the people who put the effort in.  However, I found that it was keeping me from enjoying the game, rather than enhancing it.

I still open every damned book I come across, though, for the odd stat boost!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 12, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 12, 2012, 08:50:58 PM

PeteRock is the 1%. The 1% who actually reads the books in Skyrim, that is. Heck, I've gotten to the point that I skip much of the dialogue. I love the game, but the lore does nothing for me.

I used to read books like that out of respect to the people who put the effort in.  However, I found that it was keeping me from enjoying the game, rather than enhancing it.

And the occasional quest!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: January 12, 2012, 10:18:50 PM »

The developers acknowledge that they don't expect most players to ever read any of the books. The most important part is that they're there, even if you don't read them. Just knowing that you could read them if you wanted to is enough to make the world feel much more alive, and that's what they're going for.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: January 12, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 12, 2012, 08:50:58 PM

Here's another option (I'm sure this was posted before, perhaps in the PC thread).

http://capane.us/2011/11/24/dovahkiin-gutenberg/

Mobi and epub of all the books.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2012, 04:44:59 AM »

So, here's a question that hopefully isn't a spoiler. I've got a few shouts I'd like to unlock, and it says I need dragon souls to unlock them. I have at least one dragon soul, but no obvious way to unlock them. Do I need to visit the Greybeards before I'm able to or am I just missing something obvious?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2012, 04:55:34 AM »

you should see a note at the bottom when you view new shouts or shouts with available words to unlock.  Press Y to unlock or something to that effect. 

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2012, 07:37:25 AM »

Thanks. I guess I should have mentioned I'm playing it on a PS3, so I guess I'll have to read the manual.

Edit: Found out I have to hit Square.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:52:20 AM by Rumpy » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 19, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

new patch details

still a few weeks off though,it takes a few weeks just to be certified
On a blog post on the company's website, Bethesda says the upcoming patch for Skyrim is currently undergoing testing on all three platforms and hopes to have it finalized next week and submit it for certification on consoles and release on PC

Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

* Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

* General optimizations for memory and performance
    * Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
    * Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
    * Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
    * Memory optimizations related to scripting
    * Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
    * Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
    * Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
    * Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
    * Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
    * Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
    * Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
    * Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
    * Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
    * Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
    * Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
    * Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
    * Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
    * Fixed memory crash with container menu
    * Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
    * Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
    * Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
    * Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

* The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
    * In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
    * Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
    * Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
    * Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
    * In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
    * In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
    * Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpose unaccessible
    * In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
    * “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
    * Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
    * Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
    * In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
    * In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
    * “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
    * Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
    * “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
    * Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
    * In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
    * Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
    * Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
    * “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
    * Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
    * Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
    * Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
    * Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
    * In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
    * In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
    * Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
    * Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

glad to see they are fixing The White Phial and Blood on the Ice Quests  thumbsup

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2012, 06:26:10 AM »

Let's just hope they DO fix the ps3 lag this time around... It sounds like it, but... I really just shelved
This one until that is addressed. I have to many games to play that DO work.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 08, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »

Patch 1.4 should hit 360 tomorrow

A post on the Twitter feed of Bethesda marketing boss Pete Hines earlier today announced that the patch should be ready for Microsoft's console some time in the morning, US time.

"PS3 update is looking good too. We'll update if we get more info from Sony," he added.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 08, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 08, 2012, 09:27:26 PM

Patch 1.4 should hit 360 tomorrow

A post on the Twitter feed of Bethesda marketing boss Pete Hines earlier today announced that the patch should be ready for Microsoft's console some time in the morning, US time.

"PS3 update is looking good too. We'll update if we get more info from Sony," he added.

Maybe it will be time to start playing from the beginning again. I didn't get that far with it when it first came out, due to too many distractions.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »

DawnGuard the first DLC?

Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media has filed a trademark for Dawnguard, sparking speculation that it could be the name of an upcoming DLC expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

While the trademark is for "computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices,"it could of course be for another title, but that just wouldn't be as fun, would it?

Mythic Dawn?

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

Almost sounds like the name of an antivirus program.  icon_lol

Personally, I'd love to see an expansion that delves more into who the Thelmar are.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:55:25 PM by Rumpy » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

DLC announcement this month?

Pete Hines, VP of PR and marketing at Bethesda, has said that fans of post-apocalyptic shooter Rage and epic RPG Skyrim can look forward to a few treats in April.

"Some things coming down the road in April for all you Rage and Skyrim fans" in the form of some "cool news and surprises", he said on Twitter.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »

Skyrim is getting a .......

Kinect update

now you can battle dragons by wielding that imaginary sword in your room

nah,only kidding,the update that comes later this month will have 200 Voice Commands

These will include Dragon Shouts, Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, and all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favourites, and Skills).

As well as being able to create and load saves during gameplay, and access all menus and inventories, Skyrim's Kinect support adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value. A full list of voice commands will be revealed in the coming weeks.

EDIT: Eurogamer has a video
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-12-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-kinect-support-announced-first-video-released

while some of it looks pointless(why not just press A at such a point),some of the things looks quite decent,especially the map features and save and load features

pronouncing/remembering some of the Dragon Shouts i guess would be tricky at the start
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:24:44 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »

I hope for Unrelenting Force you just go "Aaaaaahhhh!" at your TV.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 12, 2012, 08:19:21 PM

I may just have to buy the 360 version now:  Kinect support.

Sweet. If my wife decides to troll me, all she has to do is say "Fus Do Rah! while I'm talking to a king or trying to sneak past a Giant

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »

I may just have to buy the 360 version now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »

had to double take then,i thought Kato had Quoted from the Future  icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 12, 2012, 08:25:16 PM

had to double take then,i thought Kato had Quoted from the Future  icon_lol

yeah, when I posted somehow I was on page 13 and didn't see the info, so I posted and then deleted but Kato was too quick!

so I decided to mess with his head.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »

here's a better announcement video  icon_lol

Because I can,
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »

Ok that was a great video showing the Kinect integration. IMHO this is the direction on how Kinect should go. Instead of making games around it, they should just make games work or play better with the Kinect features.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 15, 2012, 04:59:24 PM »

Any word on how the ps3 version plays now? Rupert, any comment? You are on it ALOT;).
RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 17, 2012, 02:20:12 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on April 15, 2012, 04:59:24 PM

Any word on how the ps3 version plays now? Rupert, any comment? You are on it ALOT;).
I started after 1.4 came out.  I've had a small handful of freezes and it will definitely chop if there's a lot going on, but it's been solid mechanically.  Great game, but the PS 'hot key' system sure does suck for a pure spell caster.

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 18, 2012, 05:12:52 AM »

Quote from: RuperT on April 17, 2012, 02:20:12 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on April 15, 2012, 04:59:24 PM

I started after 1.4 came out.  I've had a small handful of freezes and it will definitely chop if there's a lot going on, but it's been solid mechanically.  Great game, but the PS 'hot key' system sure does suck for a pure spell caster.

Good to hear. I uninstalled it awhile back after reading all the issues with it. So a clean install update etc. would be the case. If I only beat mass effect 2 soon... Then maybe I'll fire up skyrim b4 I play me3!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »

people have been digging around in the latest update and found some little nuggets of info

CVG

The nosey Nords have stumbled across a folder named 'DLC01' in Skyrim update 1.5.26. Said folder apparently contains assets for new Snow Elf characters, a Snow Elf Princess, crossbows and new vampire animations such as feeding and hypnosis.

Bethesda have said they HOPE to have details on the first DLC release date next week

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:43 AM »

full list of voice commands.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2012, 02:00:43 AM

aint got Microsoft office but saw them all on Kotaku,how the fuck anyone will remember all them(over 200) i have no idea,this would of been better being done at launch and having voice command cards inside the box at launch

I am glad however you don't have to use the actual dragon shouts if you don't want but what they do as well
eg:- say Unrelated Force or Fus Ro Dah

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 01, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 01, 2012, 08:14:23 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2012, 02:00:43 AM

aint got Microsoft office but saw them all on Kotaku,how the fuck anyone will remember all them(over 200) i have no idea,this would of been better being done at launch and having voice command cards inside the box at launch

I am glad however you don't have to use the actual dragon shouts if you don't want but what they do as well
eg:- say Unrelated Force or Fus Ro Dah

it's a pdf file, Adobe Acrobat or Foxit reader should work OK w/o MS Office.  the file is laid out nicely, all 4 pages would probably look nice printed out on some heavy duty paper.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 01, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »

This summer, exclusive to Xbox 360 for 30 days:

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 01, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

ooh that's interesting,they were speculating that it was to be called Dawn Guard,and saying it could be the Mythic Dawn(see above post half way up the page somewhere)

This summer?,is that the best date they can give? disgust

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 01, 2012, 08:04:15 PM

I'm guessing somewhere between Wednesday, June 20, 2012, and Friday, September 21, 2012 biggrin

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2012, 08:07:26 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 01, 2012, 08:04:15 PM

I'm guessing somewhere between Wednesday, June 20, 2012, and Friday, September 21, 2012 biggrin

SEE!!....now that's better Tongue

EDIT:Been trying out the kinect voice in Skyrim today,only been messing about with the quick map(the only thing i could remember)....but not very good IMO,it only goes to main towns(except Riften for some reason),dungeons,mills etc just doesn't work and i feel a a right dick shouting Fort Greymore over and over

Unrelenting Force(again the only one i could remember)worked fine
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:22:06 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2012, 11:23:35 PM »

My "Equip Dual Weild" keeps only equipping one weapon until I say it again.

Also, there should be an option to un-link a favorite, though it's not too hard to fix.

Overall, though, I'm finding the voice stuff useful as long as I'm not trying it in the thick of battle.

"Quicksave" is awesome.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 02, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »

A one-two punch dick move for when you're watching someone play Kinect Skyrim.

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: May 08, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »

I finally purchased Skyrim. I love it. The game is beautiful.  icon_lol

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 31, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »

Dawnguard trailer is out.  It's about vampires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3PjBSicSVqI
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 31, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »

Looks great it will cost 1600 points as well

when comparing to Shivering isles that cost i think 2400 points,but of course we wont really be able to compare until we are playing the game

Summer starts June 20th right?,I'll expect it that afternoon icon_wink

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 31, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »

Just saw the trailer in my G+ feed.  Really looking forward to this

-edit to add it's sad this is a 360 timed exclusive
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:27:38 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 31, 2012, 05:25:47 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 31, 2012, 02:39:42 PM

Just saw the trailer in my G+ feed.  Really looking forward to this

-edit to add it's sad this is a 360 timed exclusive

Only 30 days icon_biggrin

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: