http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 08:28:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim  (Read 30294 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 23, 2011, 03:30:21 AM »

Three plus hours of playtime and not one random dragon. I did fight two but they were scripted events. Really thinking my game is bugged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 23, 2011, 04:55:20 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 23, 2011, 03:30:21 AM

Three plus hours of playtime and not one random dragon. I did fight two but they were scripted events. Really thinking my game is bugged

Killed about 35 or so,and have 76hrs on the clock...so don't worry about it,I think they actually start showing up randomly after that second scripted Dragon,but yeah you can go hours and one wont appear,or you can go 1 hour and have lots

Although i will rub it in a little,that i fought two Dragons at once today..I won,although they were the lesser dragons(Dragon + Blood Dragon),and not the Elder Dragons..I found out that it WAS because i hit level 40 that the Elder Dragons started to appear,when i hit Level 50 i believe its Ancient Dragons that start to appear

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 23, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »

I'm about 65+ hours in and just hit level 30.  I will finish this playthrough but if this is a bug it would be a major one and would hurt Skyrim as my GOTY canindate

I've yet to see a blood dragon... sigh
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:18:15 AM by Soulchilde » Logged

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: November 23, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 23, 2011, 09:14:42 AM

I'm about 65+ hours in and just hit level 30.  I will finish this playthrough but if this is a bug it would be a major one and would hurt Skyrim as my GOTY canindate

I've yet to see a blood dragon... sigh

In my experience the dragons are far more common up north. Try visiting the mage college.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 23, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »

I'm wondering if dragons are more likely to appear if you aren't carrying any dragon scales or bones. It's an extremely small sample size, but I think the last three dragons I saw were right after I either sold my dragon scales and bones or placed them in storage. Last night I fast traveled into a town with two blood dragons. That did not go well for me.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 23, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

So I did fast travel to Winterhold and I saw a dragon, but he flew off before I could get in range..   I will see how this evening play session goes.  It's sort of frustrating to hear people stock piling souls and my game doesn't spawn dragon with that frequency

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 23, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »

Are you playing on some lower level setting? I have no idea if that does anything to the frequency of dragons, but its worth checking out.

A new one
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 23, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 23, 2011, 02:03:54 PM

Are you playing on some lower level setting? I have no idea if that does anything to the frequency of dragons, but its worth checking out.
Default which I think is Adept

--After doing some research looks like I need to Fast Travel more for dragons to spawn which seems to be an odd design choice.   
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:06:12 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

NiM$
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 23, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 23, 2011, 02:21:03 PM

Quote from: Razgon on November 23, 2011, 02:03:54 PM

Default which I think is Adept

--After doing some research looks like I need to Fast Travel more for dragons to spawn which seems to be an odd design choice.   
It could be a bug too.  I run across dragons enough while exploring by foot getting to my quest locations.  They seem to be near mountains or hills, and definitely near words of power locations.  It seems like advancing the main quest has some impact on the frequency of random dragons too, at least that's what I've noticed.     
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 23, 2011, 07:11:56 PM »

This maybe a dumb question, but what IS the main quest line in the game? Is it picking a side between rebels and imperials, or following the grays commands for learning about what it means to be dragonborn?

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 23, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »

Quote from: JCC on November 23, 2011, 07:11:56 PM

This maybe a dumb question, but what IS the main quest line in the game? Is it picking a side between rebels and imperials, or following the grays commands for learning about what it means to be dragonborn?

The latter. 
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2011, 07:17:32 AM »

Just be aware that the game doesn't stop, when you finish the main quest, so go ahead. Frankly, I'd say most people are missing out on some great abilities and stories by not doing the main quest early on, which I know previous games taught us to do.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »

good friggin' christ....today i found a new location on the map(which hasn't happened for some time now),the Location is on the Western edge of The Rift,and its called Arcwind Point,and there is where i came across about what felt like at least two dozen Skeletons(a few one swipers and some harder ones who use a shout of their own)EDIT:Oh yeah two Frost Trolls joined in on the action as well and .......my first Ancient Dragon as well

(which kinda pisses on my theory that i wouldn't be seeing them until level 50,i am level 45)

so,me,the dragon and a million and friggin' one skeletons were all fighting the Ancient Dragon which could put my health down to a third in one ice/fire breath,so i had to be spamming the fast healing spell until... i retreated to the mountains  Tongue  and watched the epic battle against the Skeletons and the Dragon,whenever the Dragon settled,i used my Bow on it,and eventually it was down to a sliver of health and i came in and swiped it dead

There wasn't even any decent loot at that place finger

It was awful,LOL,i hated it,if that Dragon ever gets to a town,the NPCs will all be dead(usually i have been taking the punishment when a dragon arrives in town so i don't get any dead NPCs)..i really never want to fight another one again retard

I still haven't broke down and switched the difficulty to easy,but i feel it coming icon_frown
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:30:05 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »

Ancient Dragons are horrible, horrible beings... They can crush you, and everyone else quite easily unless you are very carefull. Thankfully, I had a little trick up my own sleeve, which those of you who have completed the main quest will know about.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I have my own friggin' dragon to help... not that it did much other than divert some of the attacks, but man it was fun watching them battling it out against each other in the skies!

The game is simply brilliant!

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 26, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »

should finish the main quest today

gotta say though the amount of glitched quests are now stacking up,i have about half a dozen i can't finish in my journal,and i have had to do a lot of reloading to work a way round a few other quests

I am hoping this patch next week will solve more than the texture glitch(that really is not a problem anyway,the game looks great and i have the game installed)

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: November 26, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 26, 2011, 12:16:59 PM

gotta say though the amount of glitched quests are now stacking up,i have about half a dozen i can't finish in my journal,and i have had to do a lot of reloading to work a way round a few other quests

Quests you can't finish? How does that work? Is there some item you need that won't spawn? An NPC that doesn't appear? I've played for 47 hours so far and haven't run into any such glitches.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: November 26, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 26, 2011, 12:44:46 PM

Quests you can't finish? How does that work? Is there some item you need that won't spawn? An NPC that doesn't appear? I've played for 47 hours so far and haven't run into any such glitches.

I've gotten a few. I have one that is a 'help 5 people out in X city (so you can buy a house) that the game refuses to mark as completed to remove it out of my misc log. I have bought the house though. It just never removed that part of the quest.

I have another where I invaded a castle via 'unusual' means (jumping up onto a rock and over the castle walls as the gates were lock), doing the quest inside, then heading out the back door to finish it. Once there, I got a quest to go right back inside and open up the front gates...which I'd already done. It refuses to flag as well.

Basically minor goofs, and nothing major (like NPCs not spawning and such).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 26, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 26, 2011, 12:44:46 PM

off the top of my head,it usually the right phrase an NPC isn't using or the game not noticing that i have an item

(no real massive spoilers in these)
I found a dead body in a cave behind a secret door and a quest notification came up saying notify Leifnarr's family that he is dead...when selecting the quest from your journal,there is no waypoint on the map,so looking it up on Wiki,it seems his family lived at Heartwood Mill,so i go there and the mother and son don't give me any phrase,the kid mentions his dad went off a while ago and didn't come back.but that's about it

Fixing the Phial quest,you need Mammoth Horn Powder,Unmelting snow and a Briar Heart,i have the first two and i have 6 Briar Hearts but the game wont recognise that i have that item...i have even gone and killed another Fornsworth Briarchief and got his heart but it wont update,there is a waypoint it points to but its to a keep i cleared out pretty near to the beginning of the game and it points to a dead body,who doesn't have a heart,obviously i probably already looted him

A young lad comes up to you in town to ask you to show him ward magic,i mistakenly thought i had the magic spell in my side cupboard in my house,so i nipped in there and then realised i already had it on me,went back out and he's gone,he didn't reappear,so i have this one in my journal as well unfinished(no waypoint appears when selected)

Ashore in a sea of Ghosts quest,i bought the Coral Dragon Claw of the woman behind the counter in Winterhold(Briea or something like that),and then went to Yngol Barrow to use it on the ring door there,i look at the palm of the claw and put in the correct sequence of symbols,and when i click on the imprint where the claw goes,the claw wont appear from out of my inventory,according to the guide there are two ways to do this quest and there is a way to do it without buying the claw off the woman,but it was too late to try the other way.....nothing else i can seem to do for that one

this one is not really a problem-The Bard College quests,i gave them their instruments,but for some reason they are still in my inventory,and I can not drop them

there are a few more i have,but can't remember what they are,i have a feeling that for some of them i am coming to the quests the wrong way round,like Leifnarr,some people say that you should get the quest of the family first,and THEN go looking for him...but i wasn't to know that if true,probably same with the Briarheart

some Quests i have been able to fix myself by reloading a handy save,me and Myto had a right time when we were both buying our house in Riften at the same time(she sent me a message saying she was having trouble and i was just about to do it,and fell into the same trap),the Jarl would not give us the right conversation ...she tells us to go buy a house and come back to her,i found that if you buy the house then go look at it,the Jarl wont give the right line when you get back to her,but if you buy a house off the steward and talk straight back to the Jarl without going looking at your house(or maybe outside of that room where the Steward and the Jarl are),it works and she gives you the Thane title

my first Daedric Quest i did was Waking Nightmares or something like that,i had to follow this guy(i dunno some monk,i can't remember),into the temple and when you go through the door,he is not there,he is supposed to open a secret passage,after reading up on the net,i found the answer....thankfully i had a save to reload,so when he goes through the door,if you wait a full 10 seconds,he will appear on the other side,anything else,he wont as far as i can see

again,there have been more,but can't think off them from the top of my head

Take into account that i am now 110hrs in,and about 500+ saves(not separate),LOL....i just hope none of these effect achievements,because i should be able to get the full 1000 easily enough

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 26, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »

I can't complete the Companions questline because a simple "Kill escaped fugitive" quest is bugged.  The fugitive is nowhere to be found.  It appears to be a known issue.  I'm guessing he got himself killed.  That's the only bugged quest I've experienced in 30 levels (thankfully).
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »

apparently the PS3 has got its patch,and it has fixed the game save lag thing

CVG

The problem, which only appears to have affected the PS3 version of the game, rears its ugly head once players have racked up a large amount of hours with the game and built up big save files.

But speaking on Bethesda's forums, European users say patch 2.01 (a 92MB download) greatly alleviates the lag.

One user with a 13MB save file said he encountered a couple of brief freezes post update, but that he was very happy with the improvements.

no word on the Xbox 360 patch yet...or PC if that is getting one

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

HAHA,someone posted this on 360A.org

Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver
I'm hunting down Faendall. I married the woman in Riverwood, moved her to my Riften home. Then when I got back, he was sleepin in MY bed, with MY wife, whilst my hosecarl Iona sat next to the bed watching!! He's done a runner whilst I was busy sorting some stuff out. But when I find that little Elven twat, I will become a werewolf and eat his fricken head! Then I will kill all the Elves as a lesson to them all.

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:24:51 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »

Faendall...I've never trusted him, and after reading that, for good reason.  He's a bad seed.  I do think face eating via werewolf may be a bit severe, perhaps he should consider torture instead?  I think he should begin his campaign against the elves by making a social visit to the Thalmar Embassy.  He just needs to wear something nice (they have high standards of decorum and fashion).   
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2011, 12:58:20 AM »

PC and Xbox360 patch due out this Wednesday...

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
    Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
    Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
    Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
    Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
    Dragon corpses now clean up properly
    Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
    Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
    Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
    Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
    Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
    ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
    Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
    General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »

bah no quest fixes icon_cry

maybe for the next patch then

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2011, 02:51:41 AM »

Just release the dang mod tools and the playerbase will fix it all.

Oh, wait, this is the console forum. Tongue

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:37 AM »

well this is just FN great.  I had gone back to Whiterun and inadvertently started the quest to wipe out another silver hand quest with Vikas as my tag-along.  I went out and cleared their fort and then as I was very close to another cave I had marked with a quest, I decided to go on and take care of it before heading back.  well, now vikas is stuck in the damn cave and won't exit when I do, regardless of where he is standing when I walk out.  I figured at first that maybe he would re-spawn once I got back to whiterun and let me finish up the quest.  nope, I get the marker to go inside, then immediately get the marker to go back outside.  apparently without him, the next section can't continue.  I leave and go back to fetch him.  still can't force him out of the damn cave.  I loaded an earlier save where i was only about half way through the cave and walked back.  still the bastard won't follow me out of the cave.  I even tried using the unrelenting force on him, thinking it might get him closer to the door.  nope, no good.

my last save is 3 days ago and 4 levels back.  grrrrrrrr.

so now my choices are to revert and lose a weekend's worth of progress, wait to see if bethsoft actually patches this crap or forget about ever finishing the quest nor getting a follower (as he still counts)

granted, i would not expect them to test this one exact case with a certain follower in a certain cave, but you would think they could have made sure the follower ai routines worked.  wish I had just got this on the pc then I could probably re-spawn him myself.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »

first western release to score a perfect 40/40 from Famitsu
CVG

Skyrim is the 17th title to receive the accolade, joining classics such as Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy XII and erm, Nintendogs.

A few Western titles have come close in the past, with Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, COD: Black Ops, Gears of War 3, and FIFA 12 all nabbing 39/40 scores.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2011, 01:11:18 PM »

Patch is out for the 360-3mb

i guess the texture bug is now working because i can see fingernails on my character,i couldn't tell with anything else however

Dragon skeleton in Whiterun is still dancing about it was near the marketplace,now its in the sewers near to the entrance

there is still lag in the B button menu and the D-Pad menu where you are pressing up for ages to go to whatever you need and it wont move

and not that i was expecting it anyway,but glitched quests,still can't be handed in

><><><><>

made level 50 yesterday

finished the main story,the Mages Guild and on my way to finishing the Thieves guild

still need to pick a side,join the broth...sod it,i still need to do a shitload more

135hrs in

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 30, 2011, 01:11:18 PM

i guess the texture bug is now working because i can see fingernails on my character,i couldn't tell with anything else however

Did you need to re-install?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 30, 2011, 03:54:49 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 30, 2011, 01:11:18 PM

Did you need to re-install?

I didn't have to and it works like a charm.  Actually quite a noticeable difference, which is odd because it didn't seem this pronounced when running the game from the disc.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2011, 07:54:20 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 29, 2011, 07:27:37 AM

still the bastard won't follow me out of the cave.  I even tried using the unrelenting force on him, thinking it might get him closer to the door.  nope, no good.

I am forever losing Lydia.  I turn around and she is just gone.  I'm sure you've tried it, but sleeping/waiting almost always resets her and brings her to me whenever she's gone.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »

Yup, if I pull ahead too far I wait an hour...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »

Actually, I hadn't.  I will try that after I patch and install to the drive.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2011, 06:25:40 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 24, 2011, 07:17:32 AM

Just be aware that the game doesn't stop, when you finish the main quest, so go ahead. Frankly, I'd say most people are missing out on some great abilities and stories by not doing the main quest early on, which I know previous games taught us to do.

Thanks for mentioning this. I stopped playing while waiting for the patch (I wasn't even out of the first location when I stopped) and I restarted today. I'll stick to the main quest (or pretty much so) for now per your suggestion.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »

So can anyone here confirm that the. Patch DID actually fix the ps3 issue? Btw, so far so good on my
End...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 29, 2011, 10:44:40 AM

first western release to score a perfect 40/40 from Famitsu
CVG

Skyrim is the 17th title to receive the accolade, joining classics such as Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy XII and erm, Nintendogs.

A few Western titles have come close in the past, with Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, COD: Black Ops, Gears of War 3, and FIFA 12 all nabbing 39/40 scores.

I won't take them seriously. Really nintendogs!!! Perfect!?! Oh my!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »

finally did the Thieves guild last night,and not just the main Thieves guild quest...takes another 3-4hrs after that to complete it all(and get the achievement),you have to do 5 radiant jobs that you pick up off Vex or Devlin-or whatever his name is- from the Thieves Guild(pick pocketing,burgling,planting etc various places and items)in each of the 4 main cities-except Riften doesn't need it because the Thieves Guild is already well known there,so i kept on fast travelling back and forth all morning,and then when you have done the 5 in the certain city,Devlin will give you that cities influence mission where you have to meet someone and do as he asks,do that and then repeat with the other cities

so basically the whole of Thieves guild questline is probably roughly about the same size as the main quest (about 8 hrs for me anyway)

I have not had any problems with the patch,the dragon on the Throat of the World flies normally,not bumped into anymore and i have not actually got any items on me that are enchanted..so whether it would effect me if i did i don't know...my magic protection spells eg Oakflesh still work anyway,so i guess it is just enchanted items

148hrs in

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 01, 2011, 12:59:54 PM

148hrs in

eek
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on December 01, 2011, 02:39:11 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 01, 2011, 12:59:54 PM

148hrs in

eek

I think Myto has more time in,and we both have tons to do

oh,and i went past save number 700 today  icon_lol

EDIT; 2500 Cheese Wheels rolling down a mountain
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:21:40 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 01, 2011, 03:01:25 PM

Still got my one save.  I love living dangerously, but I've never been bitten by something I needed to have another save.  Not to mention, they do a few autosaves so I can always fall back on that.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 01, 2011, 04:16:07 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 01, 2011, 03:01:25 PM

Still got my one save.  I love living dangerously, but I've never been bitten by something I needed to have another save.  Not to mention, they do a few autosaves so I can always fall back on that.

LOL,sorry i don't mean i have 700 separate saves,i have about a dozen in all,but today i overwrote my 700th

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: