http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 04:59:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim  (Read 31393 times)
Nonnahob
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »

What frustrates me most about the horse is it auto attacks. I hop off to fight whatever is attacking and the damn horse tries to help instead of galloping off. I've lost 2 horses to that kind of scenario.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on November 20, 2011, 03:45:30 PM

What frustrates me most about the horse is it auto attacks. I hop off to fight whatever is attacking and the damn horse tries to help instead of galloping off. I've lost 2 horses to that kind of scenario.

I found that odd also.  First time it happened, I was wondering what the hell my horse was doing?!
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »

It's damn nice when the enemies all focus on the horse rather than you though. I'm still enjoying it, though I may need to push forward with main story again... worried I'm going to have open-world fatigue.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 20, 2011, 01:49:36 PM

found a tip yesterday,if you get i think 70% in speechcraft and then select the investor perk,you can go and see Lucan Valerius at Riverwood(the little village you visited right at the beginning of the game),and 'invest' 500 gold into his shop...he then turns that 500 gold,into 10,000 gold which he will always have,so you can sell 10k worth of crap to him and then come back in 48hrs and he will have 10k more

I've seen that perk up there and really want to get to it, but my Speech is still in the low 40's despite selling all of my loot and smithed items to vendors.  Is there a better or faster way to raise that stat?  Any tips?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 20, 2011, 06:22:18 PM »

Hey I read (and verified) that if you want to zoom the camera in/out in 3rd person, click the right stick and hold, then use the left stick to zoom.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: November 20, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 20, 2011, 06:17:35 PM

found a tip yesterday,if you get i think 70% in speechcraft and then select the investor perk,you can go and see Lucan Valerius at Riverwood(the little village you visited right at the beginning of the game),and 'invest' 500 gold into his shop...he then turns that 500 gold,into 10,000 gold which he will always have,so you can sell 10k worth of crap to him and then come back in 48hrs and he will have 10k more
I've seen that perk up there and really want to get to it, but my Speech is still in the low 40's despite selling all of my loot and smithed items to vendors.  Is there a better or faster way to raise that stat?  Any tips?

Nope. Sell loads of stuff. There's no speech mini-game this time around to vastly increase the speed of things. I also don't know if you have to sell items one at a time (like in all the prior games) to increase it faster verses selling in a group.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 20, 2011, 07:43:30 PM

Nope. Sell loads of stuff. There's no speech mini-game this time around to vastly increase the speed of things. I also don't know if you have to sell items one at a time (like in all the prior games) to increase it faster verses selling in a group.

I did read somewhere that a guy was making a load of daggers to increase his Smithing and then selling them 1 by 1 to increase his speech,no idea if he was correct though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:04 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 20, 2011, 08:23:00 PM

Quote from: Destructor on November 20, 2011, 07:43:30 PM

I did read somewhere that a guy was making a load of daggers to increase his Smithing and then selling them 1 by 1 to increase his speech,no idea if he was correct though

I may have to try that.  My smithing is already at 100, but when selling things I just sold them as stacks not really thinking about the fact that it might affect the Speech to do them all individually.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:24 AM »

I gotta say one thing i am disappointed with,is the amount of perks we receive,sure it adds to you making sure you select the perk you want yet with some perks having ranks,that means there are over 250 perks to select

I am level 41,so,i have received 41 perks

Now take me,i had to put 9 perks into smithing just so i could create Daedric Armour...i didn't want my perks going in all the others but i had no choice if i wanted to create that armour,because Daedric Armour perk is not selectable until you have all the others

and then you have perks like Armsman in One Handed that is 5 ranks on its own,so that you do 20% more damage with each rank,that's 5 perks just for that one!!(I was putting these into this one early on in the game until i realised that a massive shortage of perks would be inevitable)

Sure there are some crap i don't want,but over all it means i'm fucked,means nothing if you get those skills to 100,you still need to stick perks in there

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 21, 2011, 05:24:35 AM »

I think the system is better than in the Fallout games though.  towards the end of those games, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to rank up your skills in everything to the max, and the actual perks were different enough that you wouldn't need to get all of them for a great build. 

has anyone noticed how much a difference each level in a weapon type affects damage?  from the looks of it, you get more from the perk tree and from smithing/finding better material weapons than from the skill itself. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 21, 2011, 09:03:57 AM »

Btw, it seems like they are most likely going to address the ps3 lag and the texture issue on 360 with a patch in the next week or two from what I've read. Hope so, i wanna play more!
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 21, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 20, 2011, 04:58:05 PM

I found that odd also.  First time it happened, I was wondering what the hell my horse was doing?!
I read a loading tip that talked about the horses of Skyrim being slow but hardy.  They should also add bloodthirsty and crazy.  Nord horses take on anything and everything, even dragons.  I've lost 3 horses to their unquenchable lust for battle. 

My first horse charged into a camp of necromancers, killed 2, and after the scrum I found him lying dead with ice shards sticking out of him.  My second horse made the mistake of charging a 2 handed orc bandit, supported by a mage (he charged while I was trying to scout their camp at night).  I found him dead by their campfire.  My last horse decided to chase an ice sabercat that was chasing a big spider (while I was scouting a fort).  By the time I caught up to the action both the sabercat and the spider were attcking my horse.  I go on foot now.  Stupid Nord horses.  At least deck them out in full armor if they're going to try and murder anything that pisses them off.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 21, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 21, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

I read a loading tip that talked about the horses of Skyrim being slow but hardy.  They should also add bloodthirsty and crazy.  Nord horses take on anything and everything, even dragons.  I've lost 3 horses to their unquenchable lust for battle. 

My first horse charged into a camp of necromancers, killed 2, and after the scrum I found him lying dead with ice shards sticking out of him.  My second horse made the mistake of charging a 2 handed orc bandit, supported by a mage (he charged while I was trying to scout their camp at night).  I found him dead by their campfire.  My last horse decided to chase an ice sabercat that was chasing a big spider (while I was scouting a fort).  By the time I caught up to the action both the sabercat and the spider were attcking my horse.  I go on foot now.  Stupid Nord horses.  At least deck them out in full armor if they're going to try and murder anything that pisses them off.

Is it 1000g to purchase every time they die?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 21, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

Horse armor isn't seeming so useless all of a sudden, is it?

I sense a master plan at work...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 21, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »

LOL! Okay, thats some nefarious thinking :-D

A new one
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 21, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 21, 2011, 05:03:33 PM

Horse armor isn't seeming so useless all of a sudden, is it?

I sense a master plan at work...
I actually thought about that too.  That would be a hilarious jab at themselves if their first free DLC was horse armor.  Equip the insane horses of Skyrim with suitable armor to prolong thier lives and protect your investment!      
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 21, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »

fought another Dragon Priest last night,and when the fight was over i grabbed the mask from him,but i also grabbed a knife that had crap stats,the knife was called Kahvozein's Fang,which is why i picked it up because it had a name(6dmg,5wgt,9val),when i got home i found i couldn't drop this 5lb dagger because it was a quest item...so i looked up the quest and i can't start the quest until my Alteration is 90,so that's gonna be in my inventory for most of the game now

so if you see it,make a note of it,but try not to pick it up right away if like me and your Alteration is one of your lowest skills

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »

I am pretty sure quest items do not count against carry weight. I know the 25 pound dragonstone didn't.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 21, 2011, 07:59:40 PM

I am pretty sure quest items do not count against carry weight. I know the 25 pound dragonstone didn't.

I will have to check that(drop everything i can and see if i have any weight),but other than that,why would they have a weight in the first place?

EDIT:yeah you are right,thanks Arkon
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:46:12 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 21, 2011, 08:39:51 PM

I will have to check that(drop everything i can and see if i have any weight),but other than that,why would they have a weight in the first place?

Speaking of this, I have dragon bones and dragon scales that are taking up tons of room.  I have no home and no place to put them.  Can I sell these now and still get stuff to make armor with later?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 21, 2011, 08:43:36 PM

Speaking of this, I have dragon bones and dragon scales that are taking up tons of room.  I have no home and no place to put them.  Can I sell these now and still get stuff to make armor with later?

yeah,Dragons are plentiful in the game and you don't need that many to make an armour set,but the Dragon Armour does sell for a pretty penny,so it may be wise to make lots of Dragon Armour and sell it on later in the game

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 21, 2011, 08:47:41 PM

yeah,Dragons are plentiful in the game and you don't need that many to make an armour set,but the Dragon Armour does sell for a pretty penny,so it may be wise to make lots of Dragon Armour and sell it on later in the game

What did you guys do with all the bones and scales you were stockpiling as you leveled?  That shizz is heavy!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »

Sell them to fund your house down payment so you can get a place to store them.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2011, 09:19:18 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 21, 2011, 08:50:03 PM

What did you guys do with all the bones and scales you were stockpiling as you leveled?  That shizz is heavy!

I bought a house in Whiterun pretty early on, so I think I only carried around bones and scales of one dragon.  Or more accurately, my housetharl carried them around.  icon_lol

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »

Anyone else get jumped by a group of thugs, and then find a contract note from someone named Moira?  Holy hell these guys slaughtered me over and over again.  I finally had to turn the difficulty down to Novice to get by them.  I read this is someone in Whiterun that I maybe stole from, but I can't find her.  Is this a quest or just some random event?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on November 21, 2011, 09:19:18 PM

I bought a house in Whiterun pretty early on, so I think I only carried around bones and scales of one dragon.  Or more accurately, my housetharl carried them around.  icon_lol

I thought it was posted that your home could be robbed, is that correct?  If so, how do you protect those items you want to keep, but don't want to lug around?  Can you station your guard there, and if so I guess you can't bring them around exploring with you?
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »

Quote from: kathode on November 21, 2011, 09:27:19 PM

Anyone else get jumped by a group of thugs, and then find a contract note from someone named Moira?  Holy hell these guys slaughtered me over and over again.  I finally had to turn the difficulty down to Novice to get by them.  I read this is someone in Whiterun that I maybe stole from, but I can't find her.  Is this a quest or just some random event?
I like that the game goes after you for crossing people or factions.  I pissed off the Thalmar early in the game and have been encountering justicar execution teams.  They come in squads of 3 to 5, carrying notes stating that my character is extremely dangerous and must die.  So true.

My son ticked off someone enough for them to complete the dark sacrament and hire the dark brotherhood (that's what the note said that the dark brotherhood assassin was carrying).  He has no idea what he did. 

I just think that's awesome.  The game world is reacting to your actions.  I haven't run into Moira's hired thugs, but if I do, the Thalmar execution squads have me well prepared.     
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: November 21, 2011, 10:35:06 PM »

Sounds like you're being haunted by the ghosts of Fallout 3. slywink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 21, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 21, 2011, 09:43:58 PM

Quote from: Sarkus on November 21, 2011, 09:19:18 PM

I thought it was posted that your home could be robbed, is that correct?  If so, how do you protect those items you want to keep, but don't want to lug around?  Can you station your guard there, and if so I guess you can't bring them around exploring with you?

yeah Lydia,a Follower i don't want(I don't use followers)stays in my bedroom forever eating my bread and cheese Tongue

and i am guessing i have about 100k worth of gear stashed in my house,i do know i have about 50 lots each of Dragon bone and plate,i have killed about 25 or so Dragons,and just dump what i loot in my house and then carry on

not really seen a need for much cash yet after buying and doing up my house(which cost about 7k),i do pay for some training though,and will probably be using most of the money i make from that investing tip on training,i did do some smithing to get it to 100 but the dagger ingredients were not that expensive

said it before,but this game is a million times easier for getting money than Morrowind and Oblivion was

Quote from: TiLT on November 21, 2011, 10:35:06 PM

LOL,have you started the excellent 'A Night to remember' quest?....maybe,not finished it?.....ahh,i am so dying to tell you,LOL

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »

I was about to say the same thing, isn't Moira from FO3, haha.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 22, 2011, 01:47:50 AM »

from Kotaku

What do you hoard in Skyrim?

icon_lol

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 22, 2011, 02:37:47 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 22, 2011, 01:47:50 AM

from Kotaku

What do you hoard in Skyrim?

icon_lol

Cabbage!

Unfortunately, I can't take credit for that one though...got it from Felicia Day's Google+ feed icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 22, 2011, 02:45:40 AM »

I thought it was some kind of easter egg at first too smile  But those guys were seriously way above my level, taking out me and Lydia together with no problem.  And apparently Moira is actually some old lady in Whiterun.  I stole some things rather indiscriminately from a few places, so I guess the game took notice even if I wasn't caught red-handed.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 22, 2011, 12:40:07 PM »

Morrowind and Cyrodiil in Skyrim?

It seems Bethesda has painstakingly crafted a good deal more landmass than was necessary for their latest time sink. The poster traveled to the Southern-easternmost edge of Skyrim, Stendarr's Beacon, then made his way to a path that ends in an invisible wall at a stone archway to what would logically be Morrowind. 

Like any good PC player, he jumped into no-clip mode and kept on walking only to find that he was, as suspected, traveling through Morrowind, albeit a decreasingly textured, scaled down version of it. He made is way to Solstheim, an island to the north, as well as Vvardfell. From Morrowind he was able to reach Cyrodiil where he eventually found the Imperial City.

It's all pretty cool, but does it mean anything? The obvious guess would be that they've got plans for expansions.

i got to the big wooden gate myself that block off the edges of the map,and i have also hit the invisible walls(it tells you you can't go further)...but this is interesting,whether it really will be for expansions to play in areas of Morrowind and Imperial City I don't know,but it would be cool...but it wouldn't be 'Skyrim',if you get what i mean

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 22, 2011, 12:49:59 PM »

My Dragons have seem to dry up for me.  Over two session of 2+ hours playing  I've yet to see anymore.   I have a few shouts I would like to unlock.  I am wondering if they stopped appearing because I stopped doing the main quest.  I'm level 28 will be a little perturbed if my game is bugged
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:51:54 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 22, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »

Do you use fast travel much Soul?  I'm about your level and I swear it's like 4 out of 5 fast travels have a dragon at the other end.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 22, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »

Pug I try not to fast travel unless I am pressed for time or I just want to get a location without running into a random encounter.

Seriously I am starting to think I am bugged.  I'll push forward with the main quest once I am finished the Mage Guild quest line to see of that opens things up

NiM$
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: November 22, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »

I've found tons of dragons - I think I have like 5 Souls stockpiled for when I find a power worth unlocking. And I agree with Wonderpug - fast travel more (not to towns, but to areas). One tends to jump out of the woodwork every so often when I do.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »

I'll try fast traveling but the last dragon I killed fell through mountain side and I was unable to loot but still got the soul. I have three shouts I want to unlock freeze form, stop time and disarm

NiM$
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »

Imo get freeze first, I've had a lot of resists using disarm but have been able to freeze just about anything with that shout.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: