http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 06:41:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Impressions, tweaks and more!  (Read 55690 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: February 21, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »

Stolen from: http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/the-allure-of-role-playing-games/

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 22, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »

icon_lol thumbsup

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TarrenVonRose
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 27, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »

Hey I just got the Dlc for Skyrim thanks to it finally coming out on the Ps3 and I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the Dawnguard Quest "Bloodlines"

I get Serena back to the Vampire castle but the gate wont open for me, and I cant complete the quest, its making me quite angry.

If i'm not back in five minutes...... Wait another five minutes.....
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »

Sorry i haven't started DawnGuard yet,with me playing the Dragonborn DLC(which i am loving)

However,i did a search on the Skyrim Wikia and UESP(whatever its called),they have a list of bugs associated with the quest,i can't see yours on there though,it may be PS3 'exclusive' bug
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bloodline

EDIT:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodline

i think it has the bug listed on this page,but unfortunately only has a fix for Console commands on PC

Sometimes the gate to Castle does not open after the gate keeper says his line, or does not say it at all. This can occur if Castle Volkihar is discovered beforehand, although this is not proven, nor has this yet been addressed by Bethesda.
Fix: Type in console: setstage DLC1VQ02 10. After doing so, select the gate while in the console and type disable. You will be able to continue normally.

makes me nervous,because i have already discovered Castle Volkihar..i hope it's not screwed for when i come to it
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:10:15 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

TarrenVonRose
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

I beat Dragonborn the other day and may I just say that the final battle is outrageous. I used my dragon aspect shout to beat it and then also used it versus the Ebony Warrior back in skyrim and may I just say it can work wonders. Quite enjoyed Herma Mora's realm myself, minus the seekers.

I guess what the problem would be is that the gate wont go up for me to get to those doors and since I play on Ps3 I was hoping someone else on here may have. If anyone wants to swing by my skype and compare strategies though its tarren.derais

just tell me your from gaming trend lol.

Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 28, 2013, 12:51:29 AM »

Quote from: TarrenVonRose on February 27, 2013, 04:50:53 PM

Hey I just got the Dlc for Skyrim thanks to it finally coming out on the Ps3 and I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the Dawnguard Quest "Bloodlines"

I get Serena back to the Vampire castle but the gate wont open for me, and I cant complete the quest, its making me quite angry.

I played on PC. Spoilered info is original answer.

Okay, I originally answered thinking you were returning with her towards the end of the DLC, and so maybe your not. I think I had some trouble getting through there myself. Try walking up to it several times, talking to her in front of it, have her get in front of the gate. I remember after several minutes it was like I just got in the "right" spot and bingo, I was in.

The spoiler info is if you are returning to the castle later in the Dawnguard DLC...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I played this on PC and stumbled upon the entry. If you veer to the left from the front door you will eventually find a loading dock type area guarded by some bad ass skeletons. I started to the right and when I finally got there she was waiting for me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:57:51 AM by Scuzz » Logged
TarrenVonRose
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:35 AM »

I guess I will just have to continue to try, i've talked to her on the shore, on the bridge, infront of the gate and nothing has been working. I even tried to go in through the back door that you apparently need a key to get in, found that loading dock you mentioned on accident myself.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 04, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »

1.9 patch beta out for PCs,Patch coming soon for Consoles
http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/04/now-on-steam-skyrim-1-9-beta-update/#more-21738

NEW FEATURES

Legendary difficulty setting
Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

fixes in the spoiler tags...you know what that means(its friggin' massive!!)
the bolded ones are just so the list is easier to read
Spoiler for Hiden:
BUG FIXES
General memory and stability improvements
Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them
Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during “The Throat of the World”
Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during “Alduin’s Bane”
Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during “Death Incarnate”
Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during “Battle for Whiterun”
Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during “Waking Nightmare”
Fixed issue where “Glory of the Undead” would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
If player marries Aela, the “Totem of Hircine” quest will be available
Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing “The White Phial”
Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
In “No Stone Unturned” Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing “Toying with The Dead”
Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in “The Litany of Larceny”
Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing “A Blade in the Dark” properly
Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting “Trouble in Skyrim”
Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of “Diplomatic Immunity”
Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during “Ill Met By Moonlight”
The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during “The Way of The Voice”
The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, “The Pale Lady” will start properly
Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start “The Cursed Tribe”
Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Worldwind Sprint
Fixed issue with “Ill Met By Moonlight” if Sinding dies before the quest starts
Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting “Alduin’s Wall”
Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during “Totems of Hircine”
Fixed rare instance in “Fetch me that Book” where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during “Diplomatic Immunity”
Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in “Time of My Need”
Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
Fixed issue with “Vald’s Debt” where Vald was not leveled properly
Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing “Battle for Whiterun”
Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
Pantea’s flute is no longer a quest item after completing “Pantea’s Flute”
Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again
Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

Briarhearts no longer quest items after they have been used,thank hasselhoff for that,sick of having that in my inventory

Actually,saying that i hope i don't have to start a new game for these fixes to work..i now have over 150hrs in this second playthru(and still have lots to do)

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »

I gave Skyrim another shot over this past weekend, this time delving into the mod world.  I was amazed at the difference just some simple tweaks made (especially the UI mods).  One of them - SkyUI - singlehandedly eliminated 90% of my frustration with the vanilla game.   thumbsup

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: March 06, 2013, 04:29:16 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 04, 2013, 10:58:56 PM

I gave Skyrim another shot over this past weekend, this time delving into the mod world.  I was amazed at the difference just some simple tweaks made (especially the UI mods).  One of them - SkyUI - singlehandedly eliminated 90% of my frustration with the vanilla game.   thumbsup

Why the PC version is always, without a doubt, the superior version with all Elder Scrolls titles. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 08, 2013, 08:04:21 PM »

Smithed all my Ebony Armour to Legendary(Ebony is not the strongest armour in the game,but I like the look of it Tongue)
and then enchanted each piece,and with the 2 Enchantment perk as well

Ebony Armour- Armour 212 Weight 38 Value 4686
-Health Regenerates 31% faster
-Increases your stamina by 62 points

Ebony Boots- Armour 89 Weight 7 Value 2264
-Carrying Capacity increased by 37 points
-Increases Fire Resistance by 46%

Ebony Gauntlets- Armour 89 Weight 7 Value 2929
-Carrying Capacity increased by 37 points
-One-Handed Attacks do 40% more damage

Ebony Helmet- Armour 106 Weight 10 Value 3054
-Can Swim Underwater without Drowning
-Bows do 40% more damage

I also wear the Ring of Peerless welding that gives another 40% to One-Handed attacks

Still left to do:
-Deadric Quests
-Most of the dungeon quests
-A few actual named Side Quests
-Companion Radiant Quests
-Temple Quests
-Act III of the Main Story
-A Few Sidequests from Dragonborn DLC
-Dawnguard DLC

And potting about exploring when i just like to go out and set the world on fire icon_wink

Locations 399-I am hoping the Dawnguard DLC will give me at least one more to get me to 400(i have already found that castle on the West Side coast of Skyrim)

Concerning the Dragonborn DLC
I came across 2 new quests that belong to that DLC that i was not aware of
The Ebony Warrior
I honestly thought immediately of Dark Link in Ocarina of Time,as he was wearing the same stuff as i was(Ebony Armour) and said that he had done everything there was to do in Skyrim....turned out it was just a coincidence,and he wanted to fight me,so i did,with the help of Arniel's Shade,it was quite a hard battle

Summoning Karstaag
I found Karstaag's skull and had no idea what to do with it,looked it up and found i had to go to some ruins and place it on a throne with the rest of his remains and then fight the spirit...quite honestly I found it the hardest fight in the game up to now

had to reload about 4 times,and try quite a few different strategy's and shouts,before he finally fell

and finally,i defeated a Legendary Dragon ..and got the achievement,funnily enough he flew to where a lot of Drauger were and a Dragon priest so from afar i used my bow,and they did the rest,but now Legendary Dragons are the common dragons that appear in the world

I have to go,i can hear Lydia calling me...she better have my half of the profits from her shop!!  icon_twisted

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »

want to explore skyrim, but without all that pesky snow and cold weather? 

try out tropical skyrim.  It's like "Skyrim with guns" without the guns

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 13, 2013, 12:40:12 AM »

Quote from: Caine on March 13, 2013, 12:20:43 AM

want to explore skyrim, but without all that pesky snow and cold weather? 

try out tropical skyrim.  It's like "Skyrim with guns" without the guns

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017

That's cool, I may give it a shot.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 13, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »

ha that looks great,shame they didn't show in the cities..reminds me now of Far Cry 3

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 17, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »

Finally finished this,Dawnguard was a lot better than i was expecting and had quite a few massive new areas to explore,although the Soul Cairn was very annoying because there were no markers or anything and the local map is and always has been crap,so i really had problems making my way around there..took me quite a few hours wandering around aimlessly

200hrs/402 locations found
1550/1550 achievements

I think i can finally put Skyrim to bed started it on 5th February,now i just have to wait until the rumored Redguard DLC makes an appearance ..and maybe spend an hour or two on the game after the big patch arrives at the end of this month(be able to finally drop that damn briarheart!!)

I can't believe i am doing this,but i am about to start up Oblivion icon_confused

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »

What's the trick to recharging the magical properties on an item?

I have a sword that used up all it's charges.  I've learned the enchantment to add fire damage and I have multiple filled Soul Gems.  However, whenever I click on "item" at an Arcane Enchanter, my sword doesn't come up as an option.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 17, 2013, 07:43:37 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 17, 2013, 07:39:17 PM

I have a sword that used up all it's charges.  I've learned the enchantment to add fire damage and I have multiple filled Soul Gems.  However, whenever I click on "item" at an Arcane Enchanter, my sword doesn't come up as an option.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

View the sword in your inventory, and there is a button to press to charge the item...I can't recall what it is on PC, perhaps 'F'...This will then let you select a soul gem to use to charge the item back up.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 17, 2013, 08:00:39 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 17, 2013, 07:43:37 PM

Quote from: Gratch on March 17, 2013, 07:39:17 PM

View the sword in your inventory, and there is a button to press to charge the item...I can't recall what it is on PC, perhaps 'F'...This will then let you select a soul gem to use to charge the item back up.

Ah, thanks.  I thought it had to be done at an Arcane Enchanter.   thumbsup

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 19, 2013, 02:04:19 AM »

1.9 is live on Steam.

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 17, 2013, 04:54:41 PM

I can't believe i am doing this,but i am about to start up Oblivion icon_confused

I still need to play Shivering Isles, so I may go back to it soon myself.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 15, 2013, 04:21:08 PM »

no more official DLC:

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:24:52 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 15, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »

Sounds about right, they've supported it for long enough.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:37 AM »

Huh, for some reason I kept waiting for them to release the definitive expansion that would make me want to pick the game back up.  I guess now I'll have to play Dragonborn at least.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 18, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »

Legendary Edition

Our friends at Eurogamer Poland have unearthed the Skyrim: Legendary Edition, which is said to contain the core game along with its Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC packs.

This cumulative edition of Bethesda's open-world fantasy blockbuster was spotted at Polish retailer Ultima, where it was given a 7th June tentative release date.

KC

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »

I'm LTTP, but I just finished Skyrim. I would give it a score of 83. While the game mechanics were great, I did not get a feeling of attachment with any of the other characters. In this respect, I really liked the Fable games in which you could more readily see the impact of your decisions.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 27, 2013, 04:59:47 AM »

nothing has been clicking for me game-wise lately, so I'm thinking it's time for a new playthrough.  I was debating on just going ahead and playing the DLC with my old character, but I kind of want to start fresh and explore everything again.  I am going to make sure to back up my old save; I'd hate to lose the 83 hours I put in on the old character.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 01, 2013, 12:32:11 AM »

the Legendary Edition game guide.  I am tempted, and Amazon has it for only $32 bucks....

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 01, 2013, 07:47:22 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 01, 2013, 12:32:11 AM

the Legendary Edition game guide.  I am tempted, and Amazon has it for only $32 bucks....

Hmm,i am as well i love my Skyrim guide..however,is that hardback?,my last hardback guide(Kingdom Of Amalur),i wasn't too keen on at all,just wasn't 'as handy' as a paperback guide,no matter how big

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 01, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 01, 2013, 07:47:22 AM

Hmm,i am as well i love my Skyrim guide..however,is that hardback?,my last hardback guide(Kingdom Of Amalur),i wasn't too keen on at all,just wasn't 'as handy' as a paperback guide,no matter how big

Amazon also has the paperback edition for $21.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 01, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »

Nice,thanks Eddie,definitely gonna pick that up

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 01, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 01, 2013, 09:46:07 AM

yeah, but the hardcover looks very nice.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 01, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »

plus it might make a better weapon against roaming dragons.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 01, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 01, 2013, 04:25:13 PM

Quote from: EddieA on June 01, 2013, 09:46:07 AM

yeah, but the hardcover looks very nice.

so did Kingdom of Amalur guide

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 01, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »

thumbsup

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 01, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »

have to say I love that mod that makes unread books glow.  no more digging through a bookshelf trying to remember if I checked out a particular book for skill points.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 10, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

I actually wanted the softcover of the Legendary guide, because I sometimes take game books with me for reading during my commutes and don't like toting around a heavy hardcover. However, the hardcover was actually cheaper for me, because my favorite online book retailer -chapters- offers free shipping on purchases over $25. Put in my order today.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 18, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

I've been playing this off & on on the 360 over the past week or so. I've just reached level 15, but I've run into a quest that's screwing up my advancement in the Companions. The quest is called "Hired Muscle" and it involves ruffing up someone who's been causing problems in their local town. The details for my particular quest were to go to a ship docked just outside Solitude and rough up a NPC there. The problem is, when I attempt to initiate dialog with him he just speaks "you shouldn't be here." To make matters worse his ship is full of decently skilled NPC's, who all say the same thing. If I try and brawl with the quest targeted NPC, he immediately draws his weapon as do all of the other NPCs at the ship. Needlees to say I'm soon dead unless I'm lucky enough to escape.

I'm thinking this has got to be a broken quest. I read 1 of he FAQs at gamefaqs and it's description for the actual quest was to find the NPC in Riften? My son, who beat the game last year, suggested I delete the quest and see if Farkas (quest giver) of the Companions will grant it to me again. Having not done that yet in the game, I'm a bit doubtful it will reset the quest to the correct target NPC. So my question is:

Has anyone tried deleting an errant quest and retaking it, and if so did it correct the error?

I'm surprised a key quest like this could become so bugged in a game that was critically claimed. I don't recall this happening in ES3 Morrowind or ES4 Oblivion, but my last play through of ES3 was quite some time ago.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:42:04 PM by kronovan » Logged
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 18, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »

I found this on the uesp.net website.

• Some targets reside in locations that require you to trespass. In these cases, your target's dialogue will constantly loop "You're not supposed to be in here" and not allow you to initiate the brawl, rendering the quest impossible to complete correctly. One solution to this problem is to assault the target and then run to a non-trespassing location out in public, where the target (and perhaps others) will follow you. If your character is an Imperial, you may then calm the target (and, if applicable, the group of people now assaulting you) by using the Voice of the Emperor power. If your character is not an Imperial, you may be successful in stopping the hostility by sheathing your weapon (yielding). Alternatively, you may approach a guard and go to jail for the assault, but hurry back to the fight location before the target has returned to the trespassing zone.
  • You may clear the quest from your active questlist by killing the target and thus failing the quest. After killing the target, return to Farkas and he will give you a lesser amount of gold for your payment before allowing you to take another job.

Sounds like this is indeed a bug and since I'm a Nord it's going to be a bitch to correct it. The ship is far from a public place and there's many, and I mean m-a-N-Y, NPC's accompanying him. I'm thinking my days in the Companions are over.  Bummer, this has got me wondering if I actually want to complete this game or just trade it in.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 18, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »

decided I wanted all the Stones of Barenziah out of my inventory, especially since some stack and others don't, so I'm bit the bullet and grabbed the mod that adds quest markers to the remaining ones.  holy cow, they sure made that quest a pain.

[edit] upon further research it appears they'll stack until you find out what they actually are, then they won't.  dumb move there, no reason why they should clutter up your inventories with up to 24 separate entries.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:40:07 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:25 AM »

OK, after some time with the perk you get from finishing the Stones quest, Prowler's Profit, I can see why they spread out the stones so much.

Prowler's Profit greatly increases the chance of finding multiple precious gems in chests, burial urns, corpses etc. Usually, one of these containers can yield about 2-4 gems of any type, and with high values.

so, after a simple dungeon run, I ended up with all these:

I'm at the point where I don't even need to bother grabbing any loot that is worth less than a 1000 gold.  even then it is kind of pointless as merchants are always running out of gold-  I've gotten probably 10 times the amount of each of those gems just sitting in a chest at Breezehome.

Because I can,
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 30, 2013, 03:25:53 AM »

Good to know about that perk. I've been working my way through the series (well, starting at Morrowind, at least) and I'm 3/4 done with Oblivion at this point, and I'm looking forward to Skyrim, as I never did start the Dragonborn DLC, nor take advantage of the extended skill increases.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: