http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:46:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Impressions, tweaks and more!  (Read 58712 times)
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 18, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

Ok how in the hell are folks killing dragons?? I am currently playing a Nord Shield + 1-hander and I cannot find a viable strategy for dragon slaying. I attempted the first dragon via main quest line at level 5 and died at least a half dozen times before finally beating it and truth be told I didnt really do much as the NPC's did all the damae and I just landed the killing blow. I am now level 7 and have come across another dragon out near Eldergleam and with just me and Lydia I have died 5 or 6 times and I have yet to hit it once!! One shot of dragons breath does 70-75 damage which is half my total health at the moment. The dragons arc of fire is about 120 degrees so trying to attack from the side is useless. This particular dragon is actually using a smarter AI and simply strafes the area with firebreath from the air. I am unable to dodge or block the breath attack so I am instantly at half health if and when it does land by the time I race up to smack it I get hit with another gout of flame and die. Conversely in one or two of the reloads the dragon chose to land... I ran over to it taking a face full of fire then it immediately launches into the air... lands again I run over .... it launches into the air etc. etc. I've tryed using terrain as cover which helps a bit but I still take splash damage WHICH then sets me on fire anyway. What is the strategy for dealing with this, my biggest issue is how to avoid the breath attacks and still be reasonably close enough to engage it after its finished spewing fire.

Also how in the world do you use hotkeys, I did the favorites opened up Q set my numbers to various configurations i.e. shield+weapon, bow, Shield+spell, Just spell etc. I can cycle through the hotkeys with no problem then I get into combat attempt to switch weapons and voila all my Q settings become discombobulated.... and no I do not have multiples of the same items I am hotkeying. I've spent almost as many hours messing with this as playing the game.

I have to be the only gamer on the face of the planet who is not blown away by this game. Not saying it's a bad game but I simply am not seeing the uberness through the haze of glaring annoyances.

Aside from the obvious UI issues the embumberance limits are IMHO ridiculous. I spend 2 hours in a dungeon and 3/4 of that time is inventory managment trying to figure out what to throw away and what to keep and running between corpses trying to salvage the higher priced loot etc. Completely removes the immersive nature of dungeon crawling for me. As a Nord melee'r I really want to wear heavy armor but I am starting to feel the weight, at least the lower tier items, simply prohibits it's use. Do I need to waste Perk points in light armor until I can find "lighter" heavy armor? How are folks dealing with the embumberance limits? I have twice slow walked back to town after clearing a dungeon and I do not think I can do it again, reminds me of the "slow motion running" nightmare.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:37:09 PM by Abaddon » Logged
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »

Quote from: Abaddon on November 18, 2011, 07:35:24 PM

Ok how in the hell are folks killing dragons?? I am currently playing a Nord Shield + 1-hander and I cannot find a viable strategy for dragon slaying. I attempted the first dragon via main quest line at level 5 and died at least a half dozen times before finally beating it and truth be told I didnt really do much as the NPC's did all the damae and I just landed the killing blow. I am now level 7 and have come across another dragon out near Eldergleam and with just me and Lydia I have died 5 or 6 times and I have yet to hit it once!! One shot of dragons breath does 70-75 damage which is half my total health at the moment. The dragons arc of fire is about 120 degrees so trying to attack from the side is useless. This particular dragon is actually using a smarter AI and simply strafes the area with firebreath from the air. I am unable to dodge or block the breath attack so I am instantly at half health if and when it does land by the time I race up to smack it I get hit with another gout of flame and die. Conversely in one or two of the reloads the dragon chose to land... I ran over to it taking a face full of fire then it immediately launches into the air... lands again I run over .... it launches into the air etc. etc. I've tryed using terrain as cover which helps a bit but I still take splash damage WHICH then sets me on fire anyway. What is the strategy for dealing with this, my biggest issue is how to avoid the breath attacks and still be reasonably close enough to engage it after its finished spewing fire.

You're fighting dragons at a much earlier level than I was, so I'm not sure how much my advice will help but it's worth a try.  For one, I always carry a few potions of fire resistance with me, and obviously a bunch of health potions as well, which generally helps when fighting dragons.  You will also eventually find equipment that gives fire resistance, and if you do enchanting you can put that on anything you get/smith.

My strategy with dragons as a melee fighter is to basically sprint around like a lunatic avoiding the fire as it does strafing runs, and then just crush it as soon as it hits the ground.  Use poisons of stunning on your weapons, avoid the front of the beast as much as you can, and use your heavy (stamina-draining) attacks as much as possible.  It also helps to try to shoot an arrow at a dragon that is just hovering, so their next pass usually results in them coming down to the ground.

Also consider trying to use some magic in your offhand, like a frost spell against a fire dragon, and cast that as you run up and then smack with your melee weapon.  Or if all else fails avoid them for a few more levels until you have more/better perks and equipment.

Aside from the obvious UI issues the embumberance limits are IMHO ridiculous. I spend 2 hours in a dungeon and 3/4 of that time is inventory managment trying to figure out what to throw away and what to keep and running between corpses trying to salvage the higher priced loot etc. Completely removes the immersive nature of dungeon crawling for me. As a Nord melee'r I really want to wear heavy armor but I am starting to feel the weight, at least the lower tier items, simply prohibits it's use. Do I need to waste Perk points in light armor until I can find "lighter" heavy armor? How are folks dealing with the embumberance limits? I have twice slow walked back to town after clearing a dungeon and I do not think I can do it again, reminds me of the "slow motion running" nightmare.

If you're going to be a melee focused character wearing heavy armor, don't waste perks in light armor.  At an early level I spend the majority of my level up points into Stamina so that my carrying weight would go up.  I probably put in 2 Stamina for every 1 Health, and no magic.  Also, in the early game you just have to start realizing that you can't and shouldn't pick up everything in a dungeon.  There are way too many items and it just doesn't make sense.  Not that I don't still run into the encumbrance thing all the time, and get super frustrated with it.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 18, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 18, 2011, 07:04:34 PM

icon_lol

By the way, anyone running alts concurrently?   I don't want to do thieves or assassin guild quests with my breton mage/one handed weaponer, but I'd love to do so with a wood elf or dark elf rogue. 

Hah, I got a straight mage now, siding with the imperials, mage guilds quests, etc..

Why do you think I am asking about the dagger/ 1 handed perk thing?   Getting ready role alt #1 tonight and get into some sneaky/stabby stuff...  and join the rebellion/thieves guild/dark brotherhood...
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 18, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »

get restro healing. I don't see why any char wouldn't want it. It's good for anyone with more perks than just healing. When he breaths fire just heal through it. It should keep you up, if you do get low just pot. I have 140hp as a mage and this works more than fine for me. Remember to sprint to the side too you should get out of it before he stops. run for the front legs.

Also, get a horse. they are a beast of a tank. Deck your follower with some awesome weapons and armor. I have a nice fire sword for Lydia that destroys. She one or 2 shots regular mobs as it is.

Or just roll a mage. I am blasting through mobs. My first death in forever was last night because I didn't know a lich was going to pop out when I learned a shout word. Upon reloading I setup and destroyed him in 30 seconds lol.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »

No spoilers here, just wanted to share that I thought the final push in the College of Mages quest line was challenging, even on normal.  The pre-finale will give most people a run for their money.  Even getting to that point was tough (annoying at times).  What I thought was perfect about the experience is that it forced me to learn my spells better, and to play a better mage.  I actually dropped my hybrid approach just for the latter part of the quest chain, so I could be more effective as a pure dual casting mage.  Which seems right on for a mage story arch. 

Very good loot a long the way.  And, it's all worth it once you earn:
Spoiler for Hiden:
...your mage poncho.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 18, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

Imperial heavy armor+shield+sword wielder here. I never slow walk back to town. I always fast walk (open map, click town, fast walk). <OOPS. Meant fast travel>. I sell all the weapons and armor that I will not be using. If I arrive in town after hours I just "quick wait" till the next day. I've also only been leveling up stamina and health, since I just "dabble" in magic.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:27:24 PM by raydude » Logged

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on November 18, 2011, 08:08:43 PM

icon_lol

By the way, anyone running alts concurrently?   I don't want to do thieves or assassin guild quests with my breton mage/one handed weaponer, but I'd love to do so with a wood elf or dark elf rogue. 

Hah, I got a straight mage now, siding with the imperials, mage guilds quests, etc..

Why do you think I am asking about the dagger/ 1 handed perk thing?   Getting ready role alt #1 tonight and get into some sneaky/stabby stuff...  and join the rebellion/thieves guild/dark brotherhood...

Any way to keep saves organized?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 18, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »

Don't forget that if you rest in a bed instead of using the wait command you get 8 game hours of bonus XP.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:09 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 18, 2011, 08:45:39 PM

Quote from: Morgul on November 18, 2011, 08:08:43 PM

icon_lol

Any way to keep saves organized?

Last night I deleted all the saves on my wizard except 3.   (I had 48 of them)
I am now going to try to only use maybe 5-10 slots per toon.

They say "Morgul" on the saves.  So as long as your characters have different names, and you pay attention..

If there is a better way to go about it though then that I am all ears..
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »

I guess you would just need to remember that quick and auto saves default to your last play session if you use them.  Other than that, it should be fine i guess.  I may have to roll up an alt this weekend myself. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

Ok how in the hell are folks killing dragons?? I am currently playing a Nord Shield + 1-hander and I cannot find a viable strategy for dragon slaying.
I shield bash dragons with my orc, which staggers them, and then I get in a few hits, shield bash again, more hits, heal when needed, and that usually does it.  I haven't run into a dragon that wasn't staggered by shield bash.  A lot of times I just stand right in front of them and tank it head on.  Not the smartest place to be, but shield bash keeps their head on the ground, which means I'm not getting chomped on.  

The hardest part of dragon fights for my orc warrior is just avoiding the aerial attacks until it lands.  I'm looking forward to picking up the elemental block perk that I hope will allow me to just hold block until the dragon lands.      
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »

Open the console, type:

save "savename"

so I have a character named arkon, I rotate 3 saves.

save Arkon
save Arkon2
save Arkon3

This allows you to name the save, instead of the game naming it.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »

Ah, thanks!

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 18, 2011, 08:57:45 PM

Open the console, type:

save "savename"

save Arkon
save Arkon2
save Arkon3

damn it I am on the ps3
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on November 18, 2011, 09:14:27 PM

Quote from: Arkon on November 18, 2011, 08:57:45 PM

Open the console, type:

save "savename"

save Arkon
save Arkon2
save Arkon3

damn it I am on the ps3

The PS3 is a console...so...you know...open it.

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »

LOL
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:29 PM »

before you ask you want to hit the hammer-screwdriver key simultaneously to open it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: November 18, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »

Quote from: stryker on November 18, 2011, 05:03:25 PM

Quote from: jersoc on November 17, 2011, 08:00:13 PM

get the stutter perk and never worry again. only time i have issues is when i run out of magicka and didn't notice in time.
where is this magic perk?

Destruction - down the right hand side. If memory serves, you need the Dual Casting perk first.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 18, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »

I think one of the first things I'm going to look for it a mod that changes the leveling from non-combat skills.  I started over and went more pure stealth-bow with a wood elf but I'm still feeling the pinch when I go up a whole level doing nothing but enchanting and lockpicking.  Maybe 1/2 points or not counting at all would work.  Or I could do it myself if they would ever release the construction kit (the one supposed to be available 11-11-11).
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »

Well, if you gain a full level enchanting/crafting, pay a visit to the local trainer and force work up that skill. That said - yes, the combat skills seem a little slow to gain sometimes.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 18, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »

I have no way to verify for sure, but I suspect that the Stones which give bonuses to leveling speed are in actuality slowing it down.  My warrior skills have leveled considerably faster since I changed over from the Warrior Stone to the Steed Stone for the +100 carry weight.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 19, 2011, 01:54:11 AM »

Plugged away at that same dragon for awhile and learned a few things for myself. Shield bash, which I use all the time, can stop the dragons breath if your timing is near perfect. Managed to pull this off a few times and saved on the damage considerably, unfortuantely still died (a bunch of times).

I am not sure what tirggers the special cutscenes the but dragons is sort of cool, had it almost dead in one fight and before I could land a killing blow I was treated to a cutscene of the dragon enclosing my body in its jaws and shaking me around like a rag doll before tossing me through the air and killing me

The dragons can aggro other nearby creatures, had it down to under 10% health and when it flew up and circled around it flew off really far and brought in a pack of wolves with it which in my weakened state killed me.

After dying and experimenting a bunch of times a small party of Stormcloaks spawned nearby during one of the reloaded fights and attacked the dragon.... it killed all three of the stormcloaks  eek but they weakened it enough I was finally able to kill it. I was actually tempted to reload again as I felt sorted of cheated after spending so much time battling it over and over to have some one else essentially kill it.

Now the bad part AFTER killing the dragon I found a nearby Word of Power but could not seem to learn it as it said I needed a Dragon soul, which I acquired just a little while earlier, apparently you can waste a dragon if you kill one with no Words of Power to empower.

I also slogged through several more loot runs back to town and managed to purchase the first house. Encumberance is still annoying and IMHO not well handled in the game but having the house has made it WAY better.

Does anyone know if clearing a dungeon before receiving a quest to enter breaks quest lines?? I would like to explore some of the dungeons I've uncovered but worried I will run in to a problem later if its flagged as "cleared" when I receive a quest.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:54:35 PM by Abaddon » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 19, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »

Quote from: Abaddon on November 19, 2011, 01:54:11 AM

Now the bad part AFTER killing the dragon I found a nearby Word of Power but could not seem to learn it as it said I needed a Dragon soul, which I acquired just a little while earlier, apparently you can waste a dragon if you kill one with no Words of Power to empower.

Did you see the animation stating you had absorbed the dragon soul?  You do not need any words of power to absorb the soul.  I have 10 extra souls accumulated waiting for me to find words of power.

Also as to your question about quests, so far I have not had a problem.  I have been sent back to cleared locations to kill bandit leaders etc, and the place was repopulated.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 19, 2011, 05:13:44 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 18, 2011, 11:45:32 PM

I have no way to verify for sure, but I suspect that the Stones which give bonuses to leveling speed are in actuality slowing it down.  My warrior skills have leveled considerably faster since I changed over from the Warrior Stone to the Steed Stone for the +100 carry weight.

in my case they're not.  I was doing the Goldenglow quest for the Thieves Guild and leveled a few times quite quickly from only using sneaking and lockpicking.  heck, alerting the guards and holding still while hidden usually pushes me up a whole notch in sneaking.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 19, 2011, 05:44:53 AM »

Does anyone know if clearing a dungeon before receiving a quest to enter breaks quest lines?? I would like to explore some of the dungeons I've uncovered but worried I will run in to a problem later if its flagged as "cleared" when I receive a quest.

It shouldn't be a problem.  I cleared out a dungeon that turned out to be the focus of a later quest, and it simply gave me a dialogue option to say I'd already done it.  Quest successful! icon_cool

-Autistic Angel
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 19, 2011, 07:34:18 AM »

Plugged away at that same dragon for awhile and learned a few things for myself. Shield bash, which I use all the time, can stop the dragons breath if your timing is near perfect. Managed to pull this off a few times and saved on the damage considerably, unfortuantely still died (a bunch of times).

I am not sure what tirggers the special cutscenes the but dragons is sort of cool, had it almost dead in one fight and before I could land a killing blow I was treated to a cutscene of the dragon enclosing my body in its jaws and shaking me around like a rag doll before tossing me through the air and killing me

The dragons can aggro other nearby creatures, had it down to under 10% health and when it flew up and circled around it flew off really far and brought in a pack of wolves with it which in my weakened state killed me.

After dying and experimenting a bunch of times a small party of Stormcloaks spawned nearby during one of the reloaded fights and attacked the dragon.... it killed all three of the stormcloaks  eek but they weakened it enough I was finally able to kill it. I was actually tempted to reload again as I felt sorted of cheated after spending so much time battling it over and over to have some one else essentially kill it.

I also slogged through several more loot runs back to town and managed to purchase the first house. Encumberance is still annoying and IMHO not well handled in the game but having the house has made it WAY better.

Under Magic, select Shouts, and the press R to unlock the shout.

A new one
Chordian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: November 19, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »

Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 19, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »

Killed a new dragon and when I went in to activate my 2nd shout had some issues and then realized I had to hit the 'R' Key which I most likely missed earlier. Fixed my previous post and thanks to those that responded with the info.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 19, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »

uh oh, I think i started a revolution.

spoilers about markreth or whatever that place way to the west is

Spoiler for Hiden:
so i witnessed some woman get stabbed right in front of me. of course people freaked out. a guy comes up and casually gives me a note. i'm to meet him by the statue of talos to learn more. so i go down there and gives me the scoop. this was not the first of such murder, nor would it be the last. he wants his city back from the fornwarth. So I begin my investigation. Naturally I'm quick to arouse suspension. The leader starts sending henchmen after me to warn and scare me off. Bitches don't know I kill dragons for a living. Like a thug will stop me. I unravel that nepos is the one who ordered the hit on marraget and me. Naturally I'm off to confront him. He lays down the plan bond villian style and tries to kill me. His entire household dies to my hands. Nepos told me about the treasury so i go check that out. I bribe my way in to see Thorno. As we're talking a mysterious guy enters and takes possession of everyone else in there. Thorno is forced to kill his wife as a result. I tell him whatever, you had it coming. I go back down to meet my informant only to find an ambush and him dead. I fend off the guards only to be greeted by more. I give myself up and resign to escape from their jail.

during my investigation I learned that the fornsworth king is in the jail. Perhaps we can join up I think. I do what needs to be done to earn his trust and he tells his people it's time. We head for the secret passage and escape to the city. The king warns me to stay out of their way and precedes to take over the city and rally their troops out in the world.

No good will come of this, I think. But the silver-blood family deserved it. They took the city from force first, only natural they lose it by force. It reminds to be seen what will happen next.
[/spoilers]
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: November 19, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »

Holy crap. Met my first Dragon Priest, or what I think was one, and it had a unique name.

Wiped the floor with me even though I killed the dragon that was near it. I might have to avoid that until I level up a lot.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: November 19, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »

I just raided Mehrunes Dagon's shrine and had him promise revenge while sending daedra at me (which I killed with ease). That's what he gets for bothering me with all those random Oblivion gates in the last game! His shrine was filled to the brim with rare loot. Let's put it like this: If you're a smith, this is the shrine for you!

I also just figured out that there seems to be a word of power at every location on the map marked with a dragon head. I missed those before, so now I'm starting to go back to previously cleared locations to get those words. The dragons themselves are getting annoying. It feels like I can't visit the mage college any more without being attacked by a dragon in the courtyard. The dragons are getting tougher too. The ones up in that area are Blood Dragons more often than not, and they take some time to kill.

It feels like half the time I play this game is spent managing my inventory and selling stuff. I get so much loot everywhere I go that I have to go on a selling spree at least every 1-2 adventures. I don't pick up mundane equipment either, only enchanted stuff and other things that are important. This is at level 20.

I don't think I've used an actual weapon since around level 10. As a pure mage I don't need such things. Makes enchanting feel a bit dull though. The only things I need are clothing, but every item I wear is so much better than what I can enchant myself, even if I increase my skill a large amount.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 20, 2011, 01:58:24 AM »

fought a blood dragon earlier. meh, what's all the talk about them being tough?
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 20, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »

I just got to Whiterun, talked to the Jarl and got a quest to help his army out. I walked out to Whiterun, walked around and constantly crashed to desktop. Grrr!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 20, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

Quote from: Tokek on November 20, 2011, 09:08:59 AM

I just got to Whiterun, talked to the Jarl and got a quest to help his army out. I walked out to Whiterun, walked around and constantly crashed to desktop. Grrr!

I keep seeing people talking about a tweak to the sound quality in the .ini file to help CTD problems. Have you tried that?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 20, 2011, 01:55:46 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on November 20, 2011, 01:58:24 AM

fought a blood dragon earlier. meh, what's all the talk about them being tough?

Blood Dragons,no...but Elder Dragons i found harder

Quote from: TiLT on November 19, 2011, 11:35:57 PM

I also just figured out that there seems to be a word of power at every location on the map marked with a dragon head. I missed those before, so now I'm starting to go back to previously cleared locations to get those words.

There are sometimes up to 3 words on some walls out in the open,but one of them(with 3 words)was protected by one of those Dragon Priests,so take plenty of potions,unless they do what they usually do for me and fall off the end of a cliff and can't fight back so i just use my Bow and Arrow on them Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #675 on: November 20, 2011, 04:46:49 PM »

I went out to a random dragon wall in the riften region and fought a blood dragon for the first time.  I think I took more damage from the frost staff some jackass had rigged on the way up that kept hitting me as I ascended.  I died from it once as I was going to try attacking it.  then I just ran straight passed no problem. 

I also got to use the full Unrelenting force shout against a bandit and saw him fly back and smash into a wall.  that was fun. 

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 20, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »

Smithing your weapons and armor to improve them helps hugely.  I'm up to 75 smithing now and the leveling i got from smithing points hasn't hurt at all...i can kill way better for having it in fact. 

When yer elvish bow and greatsword say (epic) next to them...they really are pretty epic...

My character is using light armor, a bow, a greatsword, and sneak/lockpick.  But early on he did some points and feats in desctruction magic while thinking about going the mage route till i learned how bad that gets post level 40 since descruction doesn't scale the way physical weapons do and apparently there's no spellcrafting?

I'll do a full mage later after the game is well modded.

I gotta say, with bow skills getting up there and a well smithed bow, throw in a potion of true shot, and i can down a dragon in less than 10 arrows...i find it depressing how weak they are, and i havn't been min maxing, clearly....
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 20, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on November 20, 2011, 07:24:05 PM

When yer elvish bow and greatsword say (epic) next to them...they really are pretty epic...

Is Epic better than Legendary?,because i have Legendary and can't see any other way to improve them more(smithing is 100 and i have all perks unlocked in smithing)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 20, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 20, 2011, 08:27:25 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on November 20, 2011, 07:24:05 PM

Is Epic better than Legendary?,because i have Legendary and can't see any other way to improve them more(smithing is 100 and i have all perks unlocked in smithing)

You have to have jumped into the volcano to be able to get that added to your weapons.

Spoiler for Hiden:
just kidding :-D  Epic is the step below legendary

A new one
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 21, 2011, 03:16:07 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 20, 2011, 01:43:24 PM

I keep seeing people talking about a tweak to the sound quality in the .ini file to help CTD problems. Have you tried that?

I did the tweak and still crashed. I updated my video card driver and that seems to do the trick but I still get the occasional CTD though, no errors, but still playable now.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: