http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 11:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Impressions, tweaks and more!  (Read 52341 times)
jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 15, 2011, 10:04:54 AM »

I think it's 70 perks.

everyone go to Dawnstar. Very cool quest there imo. one of the best I've done so far imo.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 15, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 15, 2011, 12:35:29 AM

Ugh, I think I broke my character.

Tried doing too much stuff and now all the combats are ridiculous on normal.

I went with both Sword+Shield and Archery, Light Armor, sneaking, enchanting, and smithing. But with skill points and perks spread out so much, I'm getting wasted in combat, especially since I spent so much time smithing and potion making in early levels.

Well crap.  I'm basically heading down this road as well.  I'm only level 13 though, so I may have time to begin focusing like right now.  But since everything is really fun, I don't know where exactly I want to focus.  The 3x damage with my bow when sneaking is fun as can be; magic is really, really cool; and seeing the slow-down animation when I kill things with my dagger is awesome.  Plus I find crafting/enchanting fun.  Argh.   icon_mad

Edit to reiterate something:  My bitching aside, this game is almost too ridiculously great.  Bethesda has redefined "hitting it out of the park" with Skyrim.  It's flat out phenominal!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:50:49 AM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 15, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

Picked up the game in Singapore on the way back from the office to the hotel. Now I gotta wait til Friday night / Saturday to play. I guess I'll just drool at the box in the mean time.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 15, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »

Gods...I found a really annoying bug, which gives me unlimited money, more or less...so damn hard to not use it :-(

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: November 15, 2011, 01:45:49 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on November 15, 2011, 08:00:42 AM

Any idea how many perks you can get, is it 50? That seems mroe than enough to put plenty in to the non combat stuff, unfortuantely not before the combat stuff though. Seems like you need to balance it in favour of the combat stuff first then the other if you want to be powerful enough

AFAIK, there is no cap. There is a level cap of 50, but you can keep getting Perks (by leveling from 49 to 50 again I'm assuming) until you've raised all your skills to 100. Just not sure where the endpoint of that is.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 15, 2011, 01:51:45 PM »

Actually, there isn't a level cap - Its a soft cap, in that level increases comes a LOT slower after 50, but you can still advance after that.

A new one
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 15, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »

I know it would be almost impossible given the limitations of such a huge, open world, but I really miss the combat of Dark Souls.  I would kill to have that in Skyrim.  While I'm still enjoying the game a great deal, the combat is less about tactics and more about button mashing.  Also, mobs are either too tough or too easy so far (lvl 12).  I moved the difficulty from master to expert because I was getting one shot kills against me by almost everyone, but it's not just clicking for me.  Maybe a half mage/half warrior path is what's causing me issues? 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 15, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 15, 2011, 02:58:24 PM

I know it would be almost impossible given the limitations of such a huge, open world, but I really miss the combat of Dark Souls.  I would kill to have that in Skyrim.  While I'm still enjoying the game a great deal, the combat is less about tactics and more about button mashing.  Also, mobs are either too tough or too easy so far (lvl 12).  I moved the difficulty from master to expert because I was getting one shot kills against me by almost everyone, but it's not just clicking for me.  Maybe a half mage/half warrior path is what's causing me issues? 

I'm not having issues with this approach.  My heavy armor battlemage usually buff my armor since I know I won't be block, so I can outlast my opponents.   I only had problems with a group of mages that was casting lightning bolts...  I  re-thought my tactics and I did much better.  I probably need to start bringing my loyal Huscarl with me, but I travel much better without company

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 15, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »

I am getting a strong Game of Thrones vibe from the world of Skyrim.  How great would it be if Bethesda used the same engine to make a GoT game?  Even the starting scene in the game reminded me of Ned Stark using Ice with Bran watching the execution.  They already have a lot of the same mobs you would find in GoT already.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: November 15, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »

I killed a Mammoth at level 5 yesterday.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 15, 2011, 05:11:32 PM

Try putting the difficulty higher than novice...

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 15, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »

I fought my first giant last night.  The first time I tried to use my shout on it after it took out my companion and a nearby NPC, but soon was flying into the sky.  The second time I stayed back and pelted it with arrows while the others fought it.  It helped that the NPC was a mage.  After looting the body, I saw some other bodies nearby and looted them, but the mage NPC didn't like me looting one of the bodies and I had to pay her 75gp to avoid a fight.  I still came out ahead, though. 

The only thing was that when I talked to the NPC mage and took a quest she referred to the dead NPC as if they were alive.   I think the dynamic world is pretty cool, but at the same time there are little gaffes like that where NPCs don't always acknowledge the situation correctly.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: November 15, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »

I'm kind of annoyed that as a fully close-range melee focused character I'm basically punished when fighting dragons.  Half the time they just hover in the air or sit on top of a building, where my normal attacks that I have been leveling do no good.  That forces me to break out my bow, which I haven't hardly leveled at all, and plink him with a single worthless arrow as he burns me alive.  Not to mention that just switching weapons/spells in this game is a total pain in the ass. 

All in all it makes me just want to avoid fighting dragons, which are supposed to be a big focus of the game.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 15, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »

Quote from: skystride on November 15, 2011, 04:46:18 PM

I am getting a strong Game of Thrones vibe from the world of Skyrim.  How great would it be if Bethesda used the same engine to make a GoT game?  Even the starting scene in the game reminded me of Ned Stark using Ice with Bran watching the execution.  They already have a lot of the same mobs you would find in GoT already.

Maybe someone will make a mod smile
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 15, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »

I've been kicking the living crap out of everything with my Orc the past 2 days...or so I thought.  I could stand right in the fire blast of a dragon and see my health barely move.  The frost troll that I read so many bad things about on the way up the 7,000 steps?  I shield bashed him and killed him in 2 hits.  Sabercats?  Same thing.  Bears?  Same.  I felt like at level 14 I needed to bump up to Expert or Master.  That was until I went into my game settings menu to turn off controller vibration and discovered an embarrasing revelation.  For the past 2 days my Orc has been kicking ass...on the easiest difficulty icon_redface

2 days ago I set the difficulty for my son's game to Novice (or whatever the easiest difficulty setting is).  He just likes to explore, and I didn't want him getting mauled to death by the wildlife of Skyrim.  I didn't realize that the difficulty adjustment is global, and not specific to each game.  So my heroic adventures that past 2 days/nights weren't as heroic as I thought.  I immediately switched back to the normal or middle difficulty and died from a mage supported by bandits within 10 minutes.  Balance has been restored.  Now I just need to repair my pride icon_smile  
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 15, 2011, 07:06:21 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 15, 2011, 06:32:17 PM

I'm kind of annoyed that as a fully close-range melee focused character I'm basically punished when fighting dragons.  Half the time they just hover in the air or sit on top of a building, where my normal attacks that I have been leveling do no good.  That forces me to break out my bow, which I haven't hardly leveled at all, and plink him with a single worthless arrow as he burns me alive.  Not to mention that just switching weapons/spells in this game is a total pain in the ass. 

All in all it makes me just want to avoid fighting dragons, which are supposed to be a big focus of the game.

hmm,i am pretty much the same,but Dragon are push overs now,i usually heal(heal in one hand,sword in the other) while he is in the air either swarming around me or using fire on me,and then he lands near me and i go in to attack,i knock his health down a bit and he flies off,and that is when i heal again and he fires at me i heal he lands next to me i attack and eventually kill...he very rarely stays in the air for long and as long as he knows i am actually there he always comes and lands near me,i sometimes am healing while i am using my sword on him

there was one time when he was perched on top of a statue/ruin and wouldn't come down so i fired an arrow at him to get him to notice me,and he did and he went into that routine

fought a Blood Dragon last night,not sure what the difference was,he went down like a normal Dragon anyway

Killed about 10 Dragons so far,and yet Bears,Tigers and Trolls all kick my ass(about lvl 20 playing on Normal or whatever its called)..takes roughly about 5 minutes per fight

oh,if you can get some steel ingots and use the grindstone in towns to make your sword better,although TBH i only just did that last night,but it may help

As for Game of Thrones feel,i have never seen that but i get a big feel of Edoras from The Two Towers when in Whiterun and surrounding areas
Spoiler for Hiden:

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: November 15, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing with dragon fights - as long as they have somewhere to land nearby, they will, as apparently it's tiring flying in the air constantly or something. Just keep in mind that you're also losing a lot of cover by going out into the open, so it's a tradeoff if you have no ranged firepower.

One thing I've noticed during my time as a mostly mage, with some one-handed blade and light armor backing me up - mobs HURT. I've been outright one-shotted before from humanoid NPCs, and mages are downright nasty to fight. One on one I can take down anyone, but against a group...

Also, IMHO, a mage partner (even as another mage) really makes things easier, as it's using the NPC code whenever it attacks. In short, they seem to have unlimited mana, can hit moving targets pretty well (even a dragon swooping around), and ignore requirements like charging spells at times. I have a frost mage on my side now and she can tear things apart with my magical backup.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 15, 2011, 05:13:21 PM

Quote from: Purge on November 15, 2011, 05:11:32 PM

Try putting the difficulty higher than novice...

HA. No, I did kill a mammoth on the middle setting.

I had wandered into a mammoth/giant gay bar just west of the Jarl, and booked it westward. There was a stone bridge that I'd hide under.

I used upwards of 50 arrows and emptied my mana about 5-10 times. He'd start to wander away and I'd run up to him and smack him and run back.

When I got hit, my health went down faster than a kardashian sister.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: November 15, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »

I'm kind of annoyed that as a fully close-range melee focused character I'm basically punished when fighting dragons.  Half the time they just hover in the air or sit on top of a building, where my normal attacks that I have been leveling do no good.  That forces me to break out my bow, which I haven't hardly leveled at all, and plink him with a single worthless arrow as he burns me alive.  Not to mention that just switching weapons/spells in this game is a total pain in the ass.  

You don't use quick-switch?

When you're on your Favorites menu, highlight your favorite weapon and hit 1 (top row of keys), then put your bow on 2 (for example).

You can use up to 8.

exit from your favorites. Now 1 will ready your primary, and 2 will switch to bow. It remembers what your off-hand is as well, so if you had two one-handed weapons you switch between, the off-hand settings seem to be remembered (eg: 1- hand axe, heal, 2- dagger, fire)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:35:00 PM by Purge » Logged

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 15, 2011, 07:32:38 PM

You don't use quick-switch?

When you're on your Favorites menu, highlight your favorite weapon and hit 1 (top row of keys), then put your bow on 2 (for example).

You can use up to 8.

exit from your favorites. Now 1 will ready your primary, and 2 will switch to bow. It remembers what your off-hand is as well, so if you had two one-handed weapons you switch between, the off-hand settings seem to be remembered (eg: 1- hand axe, heal, 2- dagger, fire)

Those numbers never stick for me.  They will work once and then break, so I have to re-assign them, which defeats the purpose.  It makes playing the game a total pain in the ass, since you would constantly want to switch if you want to use a heal spell, or between sword and bow, etc. 

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 15, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 15, 2011, 02:58:24 PM

this game has been crazy easy so far for me too. Dragons are so easy, lighting bolt tears them apart fast. ice keeps them nice and slow.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

Quote from: morlac on November 14, 2011, 03:46:47 PM

U

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 14, 2011, 04:18:05 AM

Do we know the proper way to respawn dead or missing NPCs yet?  My game seems to have transformed a Whiterun resident named "Altis" into an invisible corpse (only a weird shadow is visible) and a greatsword hovering about eighteen inches above the cobblestones.

Click on th body, open up the console and type ressurect.

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately, I think too much time has passed and the non-body has evaporated -- I couldn't find it last night.  I hope Altis isn't a mission-critical NPC or I could be in trouble. paranoid

Quote from: Lockdown on November 15, 2011, 10:32:19 AM

But since everything is really fun, I don't know where exactly I want to focus.  The 3x damage with my bow when sneaking is fun as can be; magic is really, really cool; and seeing the slow-down animation when I kill things with my dagger is awesome.  Plus I find crafting/enchanting fun.  Argh.   icon_mad

I've put a great deal of effort into Smithing with a side of Enchanting.  They're expensive hobbies, but my gear at level 20 is substantially better than anything I've seen out in the world yet.  Exquisite Dwarven plating doesn't even get dinged in a straight one-on-one scrap, and I've practiced enough Alchemy to have a stock of potions for emergency healing.  A good Resist Fire / Shock / Frost potion takes a lot of bite out of incoming elemental spells, too. icon_cool

I've even outfitted my housecarl with some Platemail of her own.  It cuts down on her carrying capacity, but she looks too good to pass it up.

-Autistic Angel
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 15, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 15, 2011, 07:39:26 PM

Those numbers never stick for me.  They will work once and then break, so I have to re-assign them, which defeats the purpose.  It makes playing the game a total pain in the ass, since you would constantly want to switch if you want to use a heal spell, or between sword and bow, etc. 

If you have multiples of an item, it breaks the "hotkeys".  I was cruising along, everything was good, had heal assigned to 1, summon familiar on 2 and my shield on 3.  Then all of a sudden my #3 for shield stopped working, but it was because I now had two of the shields, and when I unequipped it, it ended up stacked with the second shield.  Hopefully this will get fixed in a patch.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »

I second learning crafting. At higher levels, it gets absurdly powerful, especially if you get lucky and find a ring/whatever of +X% to Smithing Upgrades (or two). I just took an Elven Mace from 19 damage to 31. And I don't have any +One Hand Perks either.

And why the PC version is superior - mods (without the construction set mind you) like these: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/15/skyrim-map-mod-provides-in-game-street-views/

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 15, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »

I'm anxiously awaiting a mod that lets me play as a giant...

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 15, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 15, 2011, 06:54:03 PM

Quote from: skystride on November 15, 2011, 04:46:18 PM

I am getting a strong Game of Thrones vibe from the world of Skyrim.  How great would it be if Bethesda used the same engine to make a GoT game?  Even the starting scene in the game reminded me of Ned Stark using Ice with Bran watching the execution.  They already have a lot of the same mobs you would find in GoT already.

Maybe someone will make a mod smile

They might but it won't be the same.  I would want a triple A title with Sean Bean or someone like that voicing Eddard Stark.  And you would need artists to design the Wall and stuff.

Then you could play the role of someone summoned by the children to unlock your powers (sound familiar?).

I know there is a GoT game in the works by a smaller studio but do we really expect it to be anywhere near the quality of Skyrim?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:48:57 PM by skystride » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:16 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 14, 2011, 02:42:12 AM

I can't remember the last time I wasted nearly an entire weekend on one game.

Edit to reiterate something:  My bitching aside, this game is almost too ridiculously great.  Bethesda has redefined "hitting it out of the park" with Skyrim.  It's flat out phenominal!

Also this.  Spending today at work marks the longest continuous time I've spent not playing Skyrim since its release.  There's no individual element that marks it as a great game, but the sheer breadth of activities to pursue and storylines to explore makes it *extremely* addicting.  The unpredictable style of the quests have already maneuvered my character into a radically different situation than I would have expected a few hours ago, and I bet that'll be doubly true a few hours from now.

I'm kind of shocked at how much I love this game! icon_surprised

-Autistic Angel
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

I wish I had more time to play this game.  I stayed up way too late because I just wanted to see what's on top of that mountain.  Then I had to get up for work in 4 hours.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 15, 2011, 10:48:43 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 15, 2011, 10:01:16 PM

Also this.  Spending today at work marks the longest continuous time I've spent not playing Skyrim since its release.  There's no individual element that marks it as a great game, but the sheer breadth of activities to pursue and storylines to explore makes it *extremely* addicting.  The unpredictable style of the quests have already maneuvered my character into a radically different situation than I would have expected a few hours ago, and I bet that'll be doubly true a few hours from now.

-Autistic Angel

Absolutely....Same boat. I had little expectations for this other than to sight see...........Man, have I been pleasantley surprised.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »

My housecarl and I brought down our first giant tonight.  I had her take a position up on a rock outcropping with her Orcish bow while I did a little Muhammad Ali bob-n'-weave with my mace.

Getting bludgeoned by one of those cedar elms they use for a club isn't great for your health, but it's *awesome* for your Heavy Armor and Blocking skills.  I think I gained three points in each before the sucker went down...and I even captured its soul on the way out! nod

-Autistic Angel
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: November 16, 2011, 07:07:32 AM »

This article on RPS really hits the nail on the head for most of the interface issues.  They are so obvious and annoying that it baffles me how Bethesda could let this ruin the user experience for such a great game.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 16, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »

I've gotten used to the UI by now, and if only I had a wee bit less items, it works fine for me. I have....15 million books and ingredients, making it hard when ever I for instance recieve a note and have to find it.

That aside, what a brilliant game - If you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, I advise you to go talk to a child who would like your help in Winterhold...what an awesome series of quests that leads you on - simpy brilliant and I found myself doing things I'd never thought I'd do in an Elder Scrolls game.

A new one
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 16, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 16, 2011, 07:07:32 AM

This article on RPS really hits the nail on the head for most of the interface issues.  They are so obvious and annoying that it baffles me how Bethesda could let this ruin the user experience for such a great game.

consoles man, consoles.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 14, 2011, 11:12:55 PM

When you choose a race it mentions them in the description.  That said I didn't know they had a separate button either.

I bet all of this stuff is explained in the strategy guide  icon_lol

i knew all this, but only because when I get a game I can't imagine playing before I look through the keymap screen and read all the menus.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2011, 08:56:54 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on November 15, 2011, 10:48:43 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 15, 2011, 10:01:16 PM

-Autistic Angel

Absolutely....Same boat. I had little expectations for this other than to sight see...........Man, have I been pleasantley surprised.

Same here, as a long time gamer not much really really grabs me anymore, but this has, it's like all parts added together make a great game.

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:09 AM »

Question regarding the 7,000 steps (Not a spoiler if you've been to High Hrothgar):

Spoiler for Hiden:
So on the way up I read the tablet at each of the shrines. When I read the last shrine there was a little swirl of light and a message saying "Voice of Sky Added" (if I'm remembering correctly). I've searched through all of my inventory, shouts and spells and can't find this, whatever the hell it is. Anyone know? It occurs to me while writing this that maybe it's some kind of shout perk? Will have to look and see if those exist next time I play.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:21 AM »

Quote from: Gryndyl on November 16, 2011, 09:24:09 AM

Question regarding the 7,000 steps (Not a spoiler if you've been to High Hrothgar):

Spoiler for Hiden:
So on the way up I read the tablet at each of the shrines. When I read the last shrine there was a little swirl of light and a message saying "Voice of Sky Added" (if I'm remembering correctly). I've searched through all of my inventory, shouts and spells and can't find this, whatever the hell it is. Anyone know? It occurs to me while writing this that maybe it's some kind of shout perk? Will have to look and see if those exist next time I play.

I got that too, and did some searching.  all I found was a mention in the magic entry under Stats of:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Words of Power found: 1

of course this was me wandering around and getting a quest to deliver some supplies up there, the furthest I've gotten in the main quest was talking to the Jarl about the beginning incident.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »

Look under your Active Effects.

Voice of the Sky just makes it so that for 24 game hours, no animals will attack or run from you.

I really recommend not attempting more than 1 crafting skill until your armor and weapon skills are up in their 40s or so. Doing so early just eats skill and perk points, and levels up monsters. As it stands, the stuff you can make early on with only a few perks put in crafting skills is easily eclipsed by the stuff you find while adventuring, and you won't have the combat ability to head into areas where the good resources are.

Wait until later once you get enough combat skills to even the playing field, and at later levels each crafting skill raise doesn't cause you to a level up as quickly. If you store away the stuff you find while adventuring, you'll have enough materials to really delve into the system.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:03:05 AM by Turtle » Logged
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »

I had a semi-humorous event.  I finally bought a horse and was mounted on said horse on a cliff top.  I was master of all I surveyed until my follower finally caught up to me.  Luckily I save a lot, but the follower pushed me and my horse right over the edge in order to stand next to me.  I guess my follower was homicidal because I didn't buy her a horse as well.  It was funny, but does illustrate a small game engine gaff.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on November 16, 2011, 07:55:39 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 16, 2011, 07:07:32 AM

consoles man, consoles.

Really not much of an excuse considering Bethesda has made several games for both PC and consoles and I'm sure they have heard the concerns.  In comparison, I had no control issues with FO:NV on PC.

I've gotten used to it but I think it hurts the game that I have to pause to change my favourites in the middle of combat.  It could all have been very fluid with better keymapping support.  Why is there only 1 key for shouts and skills?  9 hotkeys is too few for a game with so many powers.

The inventory seems like it is designed by someone who hasn't played an RPG in 20 years.

Ah well, still a great game but we just have to live with some stupid stuff since it seems like Bethesda just doesn't care.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: