http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 03:07:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Impressions, tweaks and more!  (Read 61468 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 30, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »

perk aint needed,there is that much loot it's ridiculous...i have millions worth of loot at home

and you can quickwait for 48hrs when Merchants run out of cash,then they'll have it back

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 30, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »

I just quick travel from city to city, but with random dragon attacks it gets annoying so most of the time it just gets dumped at Breezehome simply because that's where I started storing stuff early in the game.  I do wish you could hire a wagon to move everything in between homes though; I'd like to transfer everything to the new manor near Falkreath but it'd take a ton of trips, even with all my gear that gives me extra carrying ability.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 18, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »

new mod:  Falskaar:

Falskaar is a 'new lands' mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that adds a massive new landmass for the player to explore, and over 20 hours of new content. It's fully voiced by a cast of 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors, and adds new items, recipes, shouts, quests, dungeons, worldspaces, music, food, followers, a bard, and much much more!

Nexus page.

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 18, 2013, 08:14:11 PM

new mod:  Falskaar:

Falskaar is a 'new lands' mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that adds a massive new landmass for the player to explore, and over 20 hours of new content. It's fully voiced by a cast of 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors, and adds new items, recipes, shouts, quests, dungeons, worldspaces, music, food, followers, a bard, and much much more!

Nexus page.

I really need to stop procrastinating on playing this game. Unfortunately I usually spend most of my time researching, installing, tweaking, updating, and fixing mods. And now that it has been six months all my mods are outdated, meaning any updates or new mods will create conflicts with my current game status.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 19, 2013, 08:50:16 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 30, 2013, 09:21:49 AM

perk aint needed,there is that much loot it's ridiculous...i have millions worth of loot at home

That's often a problem in these kind of open ended games, which is why I enjoy the beginning in RPG's more than the endgame. At the start, you're poor and just trying to survive. Buying health potions is expensive and such. I'd like it more if these games stayed a struggle to survive 'till the end.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: July 28, 2013, 03:19:29 AM »

finished the main quest again and Dawnguard (plus Hearthguard but that really wasn't an adventure) but I am starting to feel the burnout with Dragonborn, which is Ironic because I played through the game again just to deal with the DLC's.  Think I'll push through the main quests for that DLC and call it quits for awhile, maybe coming back, not sure I can put in another 30 hours for all the side stuff right now.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 29, 2013, 04:33:04 AM »

holy hell I'm running into some nasty bugs with the Dragonborn DLC.  I'm in the Apocrypha, and any time I encounter a moving bridge I more than likely fall through the thing (here's an example of what happens), and since I got to Solstheim I'm crashing to desktop more often.  I've seen suggestions of using the TCL console command to get past the bridges but damn it's annoying.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 29, 2013, 04:43:58 AM »

aha!  did some digging and found out the issue with the bridges may be the fact that I'm running the game at 120fps (according to FRAPS), and anything over 60 doesn't always agree with Skyrim.  I'll have to test that theory next time I encounter the moving bridges.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:44 AM »

I didn't have that problem with the bridges,however there is a part where you start to hear yourself burning from a quest...but the sound doesn't stop,so i had to reload a few times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFNkxKQFMb8

although remember i was on the 360

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 29, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »

had that one happen briefly, but a reload from falling through a bridge got rid of it so I didn't think much about it.  I also ran into a couple of bugs during the main quest that were supposedly fixed a few patches ago:  Alduin and Odahviing both became invincible after entering combat with them,even with Dragonrend and them landing, which resulted in a few reloads.  eventually they started taking damage right away like they should; best I can figure is they were not showing up on the compass as enemies the first few times so some flag was broken.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:26:52 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 30, 2013, 02:12:06 AM »

and done with the Dragonborn main questline.  it was a lot shorter than I thought it would be, I was surprised when I got the quest to take on Miraak.  I figured the Black Books would play a greater role, but I only had to deal with two of them.  Kinda surprised they left things so open ended, it almost feels like there should have been one more DLC pack.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 05, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »

Skywind:

Skywind is a remake of Morrowind in the Skyrim game. It is a large mod that really plays like an entirely new game. As such it is a very large download at about 3.5GB. It has several plugins (a master file and patch) and all the graphics and sounds to make up the world of Morrowind. Skywind is in an Alpha state, meaning you can move around the world, interact with a few things, but the full content of questing, gameplay and many other various elements are not part of the game yet. These Alpha releases are more for getting people interested, inspired and up-to-date with development so they can help with the project. This is truly one of the most open public forums for developing an Elder Scrolls mod and we rely on the the continuous addition of contributors for the success of a playable game. When you can finish the main quest line with much of the game elements in use, we will update the status of Skywind to Beta. Please consider how you can contribute in any small way when you see the potential of one of the best games being developed for 2013/2014.

trailer.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 09, 2014, 04:16:49 AM »

Leak about coming to PS4 and XBONE?

http://kotaku.com/skyrim-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-1497634499
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1133 on: January 09, 2014, 05:59:40 AM »

Why not? It's a good idea business-wise. You can use most of the code from the PC version, drop in some console code, and toss in the DLCs.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 09, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »

They never got the Expansions to work on the PS3 either, did they? Makes perfect sense.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 09, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »

I will probably pick that up,would it be a big jump in performance and looks?(Played 360 version)

oh and isn't TESO due in April-ish?

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1136 on: January 09, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on January 09, 2014, 04:16:49 AM

sadly, this was a mistake:  from twitter

Quote from: Pete Hines @DCDeacon

We have been working on the CMS that runs our sites. A bug caused platforms that don't exist to show up for some games  Sorry for confusion.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1137 on: January 10, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »

It will still happen. I'd bet money on it.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 10, 2014, 02:27:23 PM »

You'd think they would get with the program and release something after all these tidbits of info have sent the gaming community into a frenzy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: