http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 10:29:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the elder scrolls iv: oblivion  (Read 1876 times)
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2004, 05:06:55 PM »

gamespy has a write up on bethsoft's continuing saga, complete with screenshots that almost made my computer explode.  seriously.

edit: terribly sorry, i'd forgotten there is a road to gold section on these fine forums.  smile
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 05:36:10 PM »

Sweet zombie Jesus.  Look at those screenshots...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 05:57:13 PM »

woo woo! slywink  I was just about to post this myself.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:27:15 PM »

I saw these screenshots when they were leaked a while ago, and they are phenomenal.  I accused them of being faked, and was assured by somebody working on the game that they weren't. (Can't remember his screen name at the moment, and can't look it up of course since Gone Gold is just plain Gone now).  They said the game is running on their desktops, and it actually looks like that.

Now I'm going to be pessimistic and cynical and say that they can't be getting a decent framerate.  The workhorse computers they must be running just to develop it have to be much more expensive than the average Joe's, and Morrowind only runs well on my computer now, it didn't run all that great years ago when the game first came out.  If this thing comes out anytime soon (say, the next two years) most of us won't be able to afford computers that could run it decently.  Frankly, the developers must be looking at a slideshow.

Which makes me think it will be longer than that before it comes out. frown Yeah, I told you I was going to be pessimistic.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 08:36:50 PM »

Quote from: "Butterknife"
I saw these screenshots when they were leaked a while ago, and they are phenomenal.  I accused them of being faked, and was assured by somebody working on the game that they weren't. (Can't remember his screen name at the moment, and can't look it up of course since Gone Gold is just plain Gone now).  They said the game is running on their desktops, and it actually looks like that.

My guess would be you're talking about the poster above you.  He'd be the person probably working on the game.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 08:42:03 PM »

Yeah, I think you are right.   Unfortunately we can't squeeze information out of him at this point, because at this stage of any game's development system requirements aren't final, art isn't final, polygon count isn't final, no optimization, etc. and so no developer is going to go out on a limb and tell you how it runs.  It is sure to be running poorly, but they plan on fixing it, right?

Here's hoping, anyway.  I'm going to be the next Hetz on this game if it turns out cool, but that will be after it ships.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 09:16:03 PM »

Beat me to the post...I can add this link though........
http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/team_rpgnextgen.htm

As for the systems programmers use to make games..well most of the time they are the same systems we use and sometimes even older crappier systems.So Id guess it runs as good for us as them right now.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
gilgamex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 10:16:02 PM »

ooooooo...

I want this game...

In fact i can think of no other game that has me this excited.

need.... more.... info....
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 10:31:51 PM »

Quote from: "gilgamex"
ooooooo...

I want this game...

In fact i can think of no other game that has me this excited.

need.... more.... info....

I don't know, maybe I am getting old but I can't stay excited that long anymore  :wink:

This game is what...3 years from release?  Two?  A lot can change between then.  I expect (hope) to play many incredible games in that time.  I think I will concentrate on those.

Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 10:34:05 PM »

woo woo!  I was just about to post this myself

Ha.. first time I read that I thought it said you had just pissed yourself  slywink  But ya looks hella good.  Kinda blocky, needs some better AA, but still great.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 01:43:36 AM »

The Game Informer preview mentioned a Winter 2005 release date, but I don't know if that's official or not.  The article also intimated that the game was running on XBox 2 development kits, and the graphics seem to be what I would expect out of the next generation machines.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 03:45:08 AM »

That would be one killer launch title for Xenon (Xbox 2) ... <drools>

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 07:22:41 AM »

Yeah I do my best to stay away from coverage of games more than a few months off.  If I follow something from the start, it inevitably leads to my disappointment.

olaf
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: