http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 01:31:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Decline of the PS3 Gray Market  (Read 6182 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:56:52 PM »

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3-grey-market/feature-the-decline-of-the-ps3-grey-market-224984.php

The Grand Conclusion, with a Personal Note
To be completely honest, when I first secured my PS3 preorder with GameStop the first thought in my head was the massive amount of money I could make from selling it. That's how I got approval from my girlfriend to put down the $100. The TMX Elmo had just been released and was selling for ten times retail price. I figured I could triple my money, pick myself up a nice flat panel HDTV...hell, I might even have enough left over for another PS3 once the dust cleared.

What changed? Well the more I thought about the PS3, the more articles I read, and the more videos I watched, until the gamer in me basically slapped the profiteer silly. The PlayStation 3 has real potential. Lair. Motorstorm. Resistance. Soon dreams of a giant TV faded away, replaced by the gnawing anticipation I'm prone to get whenever something big is going to happen in the gaming industry. That, and I got this gig at Kotaku. If you guys ever got wind of me eBaying a PS3 I'd never hear the end of it.

As it turns out my gamer instincts and the threat of hordes of angry readers steered me clear of potential disaster. Aside from a couple brief spikes, there is no way I'd have been able to pull off the television, and I know damn well I would have waited for Christmas like so many others did, only to lose even more.

The moral of this story? There's no such creature as a sure thing. The majority of eBay prospectors walked away from this experience with that lesson burned into the back of their brains. My suggestion for the future? If you want to gamble, go to Vegas. If you want to invest, try mutual funds. Leave the video game system buying to the gamers. We'll all be happier for it.

I can't believe how quick this thing tanked on EBay. Pretty good read.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:09:09 PM »

Do you think the people who paid around $2000 feel like suckers right now?

I'm guessing anyone willing to pay that much can afford not to care.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:10:09 PM »

Unfortunately people are still making enough of a profit between the PS3 and the Wii that the trend will continue. Those of us who actually want to play the systems lose.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »

The moral of this story? There's no such creature as a sure thing. The majority of eBay prospectors walked away from this experience with that lesson burned into the back of their brains. My suggestion for the future? If you want to gamble, go to Vegas. If you want to invest, try mutual funds. Leave the video game system buying to the gamers. We'll all be happier for it.

He's quite the rocket scientist to have figured that out all on his own.
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:51:42 PM »

Scalping the season's hot Christmas gifts is an American tradition.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 01:50:47 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on December 29, 2006, 10:51:42 PM

That's the thing though, from what I can tell the PS3 wasn't really a "hot Christmas gift" and that's a large reason why the market dropped out so suddenly. If it were, you would have seen the eBay price go up as Christmas approached and people went there as a last resort.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 02:14:03 AM »

Like the Wii. It was selling for 650CAD (retails for 289) 4 days before xmas.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 02:17:19 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on December 30, 2006, 01:50:47 AM

That's the thing though, from what I can tell the PS3 wasn't really a "hot Christmas gift" and that's a large reason why the market dropped out so suddenly. If it were, you would have seen the eBay price go up as Christmas approached and people went there as a last resort.

Speculation is not without risk.  Some people picked up PS3s for eBay and got burned, while some speculated on the Wii, which had less hype (and seemingly less demand) at launch, and was fetching a much lower price on eBay at the time.

Sometimes you grab the "Tickle Me Elmo" and win, but sometimes you grab the "Happy Time Harry".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:11:15 AM by unbreakable » Logged
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 02:39:37 AM »

I agree. The PS3 was too rich for most peoples blood this year, especially when people thought they were going to be impossible to find. The Wii on the other hand was just the right price for this Christmas and will really be the big winner this holiday season.

That said, the PS3 still sold very well (at regular retail prices) and should have some good holiday numbers as well.

Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on December 30, 2006, 02:39:37 AM

I agree. The PS3 was too rich for most peoples blood this year, especially when people thought they were going to be impossible to find. The Wii on the other hand was just the right price for this Christmas and will really be the big winner this holiday season.

That said, the PS3 still sold very well (at regular retail prices) and should have some good holiday numbers as well.

I think the 360 and the Wii did really well.  I don't think the PS3 did as well as it should have.  Sony just couldn't make enough units.  Back over at the Kotaku site, it seems Sony won't have very many units available early in the new year, even with the looming Euro launch.  People who couldn't get a PS3 likely opted to buy a 360 (imo) rather than wait.  This seasons sales numbers will be interesting.

I still can't believe the Wii has sold over 3 million and demand still hasn't died down (which would be all fine and dandy if I had one).

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 05:36:13 AM »

That's how I got approval from my girlfriend to put down the $100.

Approval from a girlfriend? Pathetic. Sorry, had to point that out, contuing on with the rest of the article...

The way I see it, it was the scalpers themselves who killed the "grey market" so quickly. When I was working at EB, it seemed like almost every person inquiring about a PS3 had intentions of selling it for a marked up price. Hell, that was the goal of half of our staff who had pre-ordered the system. What ended up happening is the actual market for an over-priced PS3 was much smaller than the supply, so some scalpers got lucky, the rest returned the system or kept it for themselves. I don't quite see how this year's sales of the PS3 are relevant in any way though seeing as how Sony can only sell as many as they can supply, and that isn't many.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 05:44:14 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 06:47:08 AM »

I think that drop in the grey market is that PS3's arn't as hard to find as some people think or thought they were. After the initial hype of the first couple of weeks I think the demand isn't what people thought it would be, hence not as many people need to pay inflated Ebay prices to get one.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 09:03:28 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 30, 2006, 05:36:13 AM

That's how I got approval from my girlfriend to put down the $100.

Approval from a girlfriend? Pathetic. Sorry, had to point that out...

You mean like your girlfriend posts on OO?
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »

Has nothing to do with getting any approval... besides getting between her legs. Sorry, my comment before may have seemd out of place. I've just been losing patience with friends of mine who turn into whooped dogs as soon as they get into a relationship. Where's the dignity?  puke
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:40:58 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 30, 2006, 09:37:21 AM

Has nothing to do with getting any approval... besides getting between her legs. Sorry, my comment before may have seemd out of place. I've just been losing patience with friends of mine who turn into whooped dogs as soon as they get into a relationship. Where's the dignity?  puke

And where is the respect....try advancing into the modern world and quit treating women like second tier citizens...

Roll Eyes
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »

Quote from: Space Herpes on December 30, 2006, 03:08:00 AM

I think the 360 and the Wii did really well.  I don't think the PS3 did as well as it should have.  Sony just couldn't make enough units.  Back over at the Kotaku site, it seems Sony won't have very many units available early in the new year, even with the looming Euro launch.  People who couldn't get a PS3 likely opted to buy a 360 (imo) rather than wait.  This seasons sales numbers will be interesting.

I still can't believe the Wii has sold over 3 million and demand still hasn't died down (which would be all fine and dandy if I had one).

I think the 360 did well, but the Wii really hurt the 360 this Christmas. I believe that a lot of people that couldn't get a PS3 tried to get a Wii instead. It will be very interesting to see the 360 sales numbers from December.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 30, 2006, 12:43:40 PM

And where is the respect....try advancing into the modern world and quit treating women like second tier citizens...

Roll Eyes

I'm sorry to diagree with you Arkon, because I like you a lot, but there is no reason a guy needs approval from a girlfriend before making a purchase, unless they've made some agreement to share finances (which I honestly think you shouldn't do because you have no legal recourse should things go sour like you would in a marriage).  It has nothing to do with treating women like second-tier citizens and everything to do with the fact that a girlfriend as no say-so whatsoever in finances.  It isn't her money.  I would say the same thing in reverse.  A girl shouldn't have to get approval from her boyfriend on financial matters.  All this goes out the window if they've made some kind of agreement to share finances (maybe they're living together and they take their pay and put it in a pool and pay off bills, etc.), but it is rare to find a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship like this.  In any relationship prior to my married one, I would have laughed at any woman who felt they had any say-so in what I did with my money.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 30, 2006, 03:00:16 PM

Quote from: Arkon on December 30, 2006, 12:43:40 PM

Roll Eyes

I'm sorry to diagree with you Arkon, because I like you a lot, but there is no reason a guy needs approval from a girlfriend before making a purchase, unless they've made some agreement to share finances (which I honestly think you shouldn't do because you have no legal recourse should things go sour like you would in a marriage).  It has nothing to do with treating women like second-tier citizens and everything to do with the fact that a girlfriend as no say-so whatsoever in finances.  It isn't her money.  I would say the same thing in reverse.  A girl shouldn't have to get approval from her boyfriend on financial matters.  All this goes out the window if they've made some kind of agreement to share finances (maybe they're living together and they take their pay and put it in a pool and pay off bills, etc.), but it is rare to find a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship like this.  In any relationship prior to my married one, I would have laughed at any woman who felt they had any say-so in what I did with my money.

Not saying they should have a say over your finances, but to make a comment that the only thing he needs approval of is to get her to spread her legs...?  I am sure my view is skewed because I only ever dated one woman, and even while dating I respected her opinion that if she thought I was potentially making a poor decision, I listened to her.  This doesn't mean I consulted her on every decision I made.  To say I was a whooped dog and lost my dignity... hardly, I just merely respected my wife to be.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 03:15:41 PM »

The dynamic that made this different from the 360 is that the 360 over value was instantaneous
and most people that pre-ordered were people that actually wanted the system.

A small percentage sold them on E-bay once it became apparent that the quantities were very limited.

The PS3 out of the gate had a built in shortage and many people had time to prepare to look at it as an investment. This created the economic issue
that more people that bought the system were investors.

The same dynamic occurs in housing markets where eventually there are more investors than buyers.

Great investors are the ones that see opportunities that most others don't.
It isn't rocket science or even basic math. This economic principle has existed as long as dirt.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »

As friends with one of the speculators, he said this year there were COUNTLESS fraudulent bidders.   He had to list his PS3 5 times paying ebay something like 200 bucks for fees for bidders that jerked him around and never paid.    They were rampant as a friend of his in turn had the same trouble.

Seems there was a legion of teens that were out just to sabotage the bidding for PS3's.      This might have had something to do with the dramatic price drops.    As my friend lost money on fees, he tried to contest some of them but ebay's contest requirements make him wait like 2 weeks before they will refund anything (theoretically to give the customer time to pay) -- and the PS3 was a time sensitive item.    Therefore he ate the fees and relisted quickly to try to sell.     He listed for lower each time just trying to dump the thing off and make back SOME of his losses.

My theory is that this is the reason this market crashed so fast.       I have to admit that early on I managed to snag a 20g version of the PS3 as well, and though I did eventually sell it for $300 profit it took me listing 3 times through deadbeat bidders and fraudulent bidders trying to get me to send the system to Kenya on a promise to pay.      So I know firsthand how many idiots were out there trying to destroy this market.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 04:41:55 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on December 30, 2006, 03:43:29 PM

As friends with one of the speculators, he said this year there were COUNTLESS fraudulent bidders...

Your post makes me wonder about the accuracy of that chart - are the prices Kotaku found simply finished auctions or ones where the price was actually paid?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 30, 2006, 03:10:17 PM

Not saying they should have a say over your finances, but to make a comment that the only thing he needs approval of is to get her to spread her legs...?  I am sure my view is skewed because I only ever dated one woman, and even while dating I respected her opinion that if she thought I was potentially making a poor decision, I listened to her.  This doesn't mean I consulted her on every decision I made.  To say I was a whooped dog and lost my dignity... hardly, I just merely respected my wife to be.

Now that I can agree with.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 06:05:44 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 30, 2006, 04:41:55 PM

As friends with one of the speculators, he said this year there were COUNTLESS fraudulent bidders...

Your post makes me wonder about the accuracy of that chart - are the prices Kotaku found simply finished auctions or ones where the price was actually paid?

Didn't occur to me when I posted, but good catch.   I bet those initial auctions that went off at ridiculous prices never saw completion of the payment process.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on December 30, 2006, 06:47:08 AM

I think that drop in the grey market is that PS3's arn't as hard to find as some people think or thought they were. After the initial hype of the first couple of weeks I think the demand isn't what people thought it would be, hence not as many people need to pay inflated Ebay prices to get one.

Precisely, finally someone figured it out. Let's just look at the facts, shall we? Initially, there weren't many, so people like me that sold at launch, did extremely well. As the initial high demand and scarcity waned, so did the prices on eBay, just like with the 360 last year. Why should someone pay more than retail on eBay, when they can go canvas their local stores and find one for the retail price? This isn't rocket science and it doesn't mean that there isn't still a bit of money to be made, but considering the drop in demand has been met with increased shipments of the system, it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that prices would drop.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 11:49:10 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on December 30, 2006, 01:22:12 PM

I think the 360 did well, but the Wii really hurt the 360 this Christmas. I believe that a lot of people that couldn't get a PS3 tried to get a Wii instead. It will be very interesting to see the 360 sales numbers from December.

I doubt it considering the Wii was harder to find than the PS3. I saw a few empty 360 spaces at Best Buy and Wal-Mart the week before Christmas, just like I did with the PS3 and Wii, so I would say it was a good season for all.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 11:51:20 PM »

As friends with one of the speculators, he said this year there were COUNTLESS fraudulent bidders.   He had to list his PS3 5 times paying ebay something like 200 bucks for fees for bidders that jerked him around and never paid.    They were rampant as a friend of his in turn had the same trouble.

Seems there was a legion of teens that were out just to sabotage the bidding for PS3's.      This might have had something to do with the dramatic price drops.    As my friend lost money on fees, he tried to contest some of them but ebay's contest requirements make him wait like 2 weeks before they will refund anything (theoretically to give the customer time to pay) -- and the PS3 was a time sensitive item.    Therefore he ate the fees and relisted quickly to try to sell.     He listed for lower each time just trying to dump the thing off and make back SOME of his losses.

My theory is that this is the reason this market crashed so fast.       I have to admit that early on I managed to snag a 20g version of the PS3 as well, and though I did eventually sell it for $300 profit it took me listing 3 times through deadbeat bidders and fraudulent bidders trying to get me to send the system to Kenya on a promise to pay.      So I know firsthand how many idiots were out there trying to destroy this market.

Boy did I get lucky. Sorry you and your buddy had bad experiences.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »

Quote from: jblank on January 01, 2007, 11:49:10 PM

I doubt it considering the Wii was harder to find than the PS3. I saw a few empty 360 spaces at Best Buy and Wal-Mart the week before Christmas, just like I did with the PS3 and Wii, so I would say it was a good season for all.

Really? I do agree that it was a good season for all...but my local Best Buy had a big pile of 360's sitting out in the middle of the floor all season long. Some were sold.....but the majority were still there after Christmas. Lots of people were looking at them though.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 04:17:45 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 04:07:22 AM

Quote from: jblank on January 01, 2007, 11:49:10 PM

Really? I do agree that it was a good season for all...but my local Best Buy had a big pile of 360's sitting out in the middle of the floor all season long. Some were sold.....but the majority were still there after Christmas. Lots of people were looking at them though.

The same will be true of the Wii and PS3 next Christmas so what is the point here?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 04:18:06 AM »

They have these things called 'back rooms' where they store items so they can replenish their stock on the floor  :slywink:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 05:03:13 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 02, 2007, 04:18:06 AM

They have these things called 'back rooms' where they store items so they can replenish their stock on the floor  :slywink:

Not to mention those were empty boxes on the floor anyway.  Boy, they sure fooled him, maybe the "Lots of people looking at them" were waiting for the stock boys to return from the back rooms with their purchasable units to take up and check out.   icon_biggrin

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 05:26:21 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on January 02, 2007, 05:03:13 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on January 02, 2007, 04:18:06 AM

They have these things called 'back rooms' where they store items so they can replenish their stock on the floor  :slywink:

Not to mention those were empty boxes on the floor anyway.  Boy, they sure fooled him, maybe the "Lots of people looking at them" were waiting for the stock boys to return from the back rooms with their purchasable units to take up and check out.   icon_biggrin

They put those security things all over empty boxes?? That's a new one.

Anyway, I was checking them out a couple times and none of them were empty display boxes. They were the real retail boxes with a system inside. Lots of them had Need For Speed: Most Wanted packed inside for free.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 05:38:35 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 05:26:21 AM

The same 'point' for the thousandth time since PS3 launch
When will it end?  Please, when will it end?  WE GET IT.  Why insert that little 360 remark?  Oh yeah, because you seem to need to always get the point across that the 360 isn't selling very well or it isn't as good as the PS2 and so on.  FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY, please stop.  It's getting so unbelievably annoying.

Frankly, it's making you look incredibly immature.  You're a grown man, yes?  Act like one.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 07:11:14 AM »

Quote from: depward on January 02, 2007, 05:38:35 AM

When will it end?  Please, when will it end?  WE GET IT.  Why insert that little 360 remark?  Oh yeah, because you seem to need to always get the point across that the 360 isn't selling very well or it isn't as good as the PS2 and so on.  FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY, please stop.  It's getting so unbelievably annoying.

Frankly, it's making you look incredibly immature.  You're a grown man, yes?  Act like one.

Snap goes the weasel and depward nails it.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »

Why don't you act like a grown man and stop getting so bent out of shape when someone calls into question the sales of the 360?

All I did was state that I saw a a bunch of 360's on the floor at Best Buy all December. Yes, the pile would get smaller, but there were still a bunch left. I said it had a good holiday season. This was all said after a post from jblank that said he saw empty shelves of the 360. I was just pointing out how it was different in my area. Then, the "Xbox 360 Defense force" swoops in and freaks out. Who is acting immature here?

I really expect more from you.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:49:32 PM by Hetz » Logged

depward

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 05:03:34 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 01:50:42 PM

Why don't you act like a grown man and stop getting so bent out of shape when someone calls into question the sales of the 360?

All I did was state that I saw a a bunch of 360's on the floor at Best Buy all December. Yes, the pile would get smaller, but there were still a bunch left. I said it had a good holiday season. This was all said after a post from jblank that said he saw empty shelves of the 360. I was just pointing out how it was different in my area. Then, the "Xbox 360 Defense force" swoops in and freaks out. Who is acting immature here?

To see you crumble into this need to have an automatic response whenever something is posted con-PS3 or pro-anything else than PS3 is sad.  I'm sorry.  It's just really sad to see such a nice poster that used to contribute so much turn into this.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »

I thought this was a topic about grey/gray market PS3 sales and their ebay decline? At what point does a stack of 360's in a B&M shop have to do with the online market for reselling ps3s?

I would comment on my experiences with the PS3 grey market, but clearly that would derail the original posters intention of staying off topic.  icon_wink

Spoiler for -Secret Decoder Ring-:
"Xbox360 Defense force" is code (in Hetz-a-decimal) for people who don't worship at PS3 altar.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

Quote from: depward on January 02, 2007, 05:03:34 PM

Quote from: Hetz on January 02, 2007, 01:50:42 PM

To see you crumble into this need to have an automatic response whenever something is posted con-PS3 or pro-anything else than PS3 is sad.  I'm sorry.  It's just really sad to see such a nice poster that used to contribute so much turn into this.

Dude, it's called having a discussion. Am I not supposed to say anything? Sheesh....I didn't flame anyone. I didn't go off the deep end like you did. I just stated what I saw. I even said the 360 had a good holiday season.

Get a grip.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 02, 2007, 05:13:25 PM

I thought this was a topic about grey/gray market PS3 sales and their ebay decline? At what point does a stack of 360's in a B&M shop have to do with the online market for reselling ps3s?

I don't know. Ask the people that brought the 360 into the discussion. (Hint: It wasn't me).

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

I wasn't the first person to bring the 360 up, but in the context it had been discussed, it was relevant to the discussion.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 05:26:04 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 02, 2007, 05:13:25 PM

I would comment on my experiences with the PS3 grey market, but clearly that would derail the original posters intention of staying off topic.  icon_wink

Spoiler for -Secret Decoder Ring-:
"Xbox360 Defense force" is code (in Hetz-a-decimal) for people who don't worship at PS3 altar.

PLEASE let me be a member of the X360DF....I beg you.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: