http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Game You've Played This Gen?  (Read 3128 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2005, 01:19:39 PM »

As many of you will be leaving those of us who are more cautious (read: prudent ) in the dust with the release of 360 and the next gen, I figure now is a good time to list the BEST game you've played on this gen.

It could be because of amazing gameplay, graphics or just be a title that moved the gamer's heart in you...

My Top Five:

5. Robotech: Battlecry - I was a Robotech super fan as a kid.  Somewhere in my heart there's still a hope that Rick Hunter really exists and is flying around up there.  My first game on this Gen and still one of the best...
4. SSX Tricky- The game that I most return to during a 'lull'. Flat out fun.
3. Ninja Gaiden- I still don't get how no one mentions the amazing graphics of this game as the cutscenes are the best of I've ever seen. Yes, OXM, even better than Halo 2.  The difficulty turned many off, but for me, this is probably the tops Action game I've ever played.
2. Knights of the Old Republic- Many complained about the glitches...I only encountered one.  An epic story that sucked me in and made me care about the characters and believe that the results of my actions held the universe in the balance.

1. Knights of the Old Republic II - I came away changed as a person as a result of this game.  Again, many complained about this game's bugs (which I again somehow missed) but the story in this one trumped the original in every way....It's only in retrospect that I'm somewhat disappointed in 'what could have been', but before I knew about what was left out I came away more than satisfied.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 01:29:51 PM »

Beyond Good & Evil - marvelous game.  I played it while my entire family watched.  We were all hooked.

SSX Tricky - totally agree on this one.  I start over with a new character every now and then.

Final Fantasy X - just about the only console RPG that I've finished from this generation.  I liked it less than FF 7 & 9 but more than 8.

Fire Emblem for GBA - rarely has a game grabbed me like this one.  I tried to play Final Fantasy Tactics after this one but soon realized I was spoiled by Fire Emblem.  FFT seemed like I was fiddling with stats, classes, items while Fire Emblem I was constantly strategizing how to beat the armies I faced.  Just an amazing, gripping game.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 01:39:54 PM »

I'll agree with Fire Emblem, great game, one of my favorites.  I'm five missions away from beating it now, and can't wait.  The characters are great, and missions enjoyable.  I always thought the game was simple compared to FF Tactics without all the diverse level ups, but there is a ton of strategy, probably more then FF Tactics.  You also care a lot more about the characters, with the possibilty that losing one means their end.

I should put FF X on my biggest disappointments list though.

Some other games I enjoyed:

GTA: Vice City
Sly Cooper
KOTOR
Winning Eleven (any of them)
SSX Tricky

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:50:40 PM »

I'll agree on BG&E.  I was completely and entirely hooked.

I'll add Suikoden III to the list, although I know not everyone liked it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 01:53:17 PM »

Eternal Darkness hands down. My favorite game since Thief 2. If an Eternal Darkness sequel is ever released (I doubt it, and screw all of you who didn't buy it. I hate you.) I would buy the system it's for, no questions asked.

I hope Zelda Twilight Princess might dethrone it.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06:24 PM »

Mercenaries
Psychonauts
Mech Assault (soley due to addictive Live play)

And the mother of all....

STEEL BATALLION

Played this one to death and even built a custom "tv tray" to use for the controller.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

Here are my top 5 (read: console only):

5) Ninja Gaiden

4) Beyond Good & Evil

3) Prince of Persia:  Sands of Time

2) Burnout 3

1) ESPN NFL 2005

Half-Life 2 is tied with ESPN for the top spot when PC games are included.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 02:46:27 PM »

I'll elaborate later, but my top 5:

1.  Shadow Hearts:  Covenant
2.  FFX
3.  Beyond Good & Evil
4.  Xenosaga (1 only.  2 was a disaster.)
5.  Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Honorable mention goes to:
-  Shadow Hearts
-  Meteos
-  Thief 3
-  Burnout 3
-  KotOR

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 02:54:40 PM »

I might have to go with Resident Evil 4.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 02:56:17 PM »

1) Mercenaries

2) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

3) Others

smile

I'll think of more later to add to the list.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 03:24:46 PM »

You guys are freaks.

Surely Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater ranks up there among the best of this generation?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 03:39:24 PM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
Surely Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater ranks up there among the best of this generation?

Bah... the MGS series has been greatly overrated, IMO.  MGS itself was fine (though not a game I ever felt compelled to finish), but 2 and 3?  Yuk.

Some of mine...

SSX Tricky
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Halo
KOTOR
Resident Evil 4
Sly Cooper/Sly 2
Burnout 3
The Suffering
Eternal Darkness
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 03:54:25 PM »

9) FABLE - believe it or not, I liked it despite not changing the way we think, play, buy groceries, etc...
8 ) Dynasty Warriors 3,4,5 - Truly great games. It's nice to be able to build up characters, unlock more, and get a feel for the game characters and their interactions. 4 is, thus far, my favorite. I just got 5 last week.
7) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (1)- truly first of its kind... awesome experience. When I was hiding in the parking lot eavesdropping on government officials, it felt so... real.
6) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series - Voice comm with NPCs, incredibly fun LIVE play. I miss this game.
5) KOTOR - For 3 weeks, my normal life atrophied while I played this. That, and I would make decisions IRL based on whether I was playing light side or dark side.  :twisted:
4) Burnout 3 - What's to say? Fun, addictive. Just ... WOW.
3) Halo / Halo 2 - It's gotta be said. Sure, this tune is always on the radio, but I still own it and play it. Co-op storyline rawks.
2) Crimson Skies - A-frickin' mazing game. Loved the dogfighting, the exploration, the sandbox style. I want a Crimson Skies 360 game RFN.
1) Xbox Live - It costs as much as a game; I figure this service qualifies. This has brought so much to the game play of some of my favorite games, and turned other games into a shadow of what they COULD be. (Dynasty Warriors online would just kick so much ass).

Nods to Mechassault 1&2 multiplayer, PoP. Ninja Gaiden, DOA
 Never played : BG&E

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 05:00:16 PM »

The best?  Grand Theft Auto 3.  It was truly a new concept and really shook up the way I percieved genres.  It was more of an action game than any scripted action game I'd ever played.  It was more of a sandbox game than any sandbox game I'd ever played.  It was more of an RPG in the sense of what the words ROLE PLAYING GAME suggest than any console RPG I'd ever played.

And on top of all that innovation and redefinition and the realization GTA3 effortlessly perfected so many mechanics that other (lesser?) developers based entire games around was the simple, undisputable fact that the game was, in a word, fun.  Crazy fun.  Moral metawhining aside, the game was fantastic, brilliant, and a flat-out riot.  While I do prefer Vice City's setting and graphics to GTA3's, I still have to give credit where credit is due: to the original.

Nothing, and I seriously mean NOTHING else this generation has come close to GTA3 in terms of vision, design, accessibility, and satisfaction.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »

My top 5, in no particular order:

Ico.

Ninja Gaiden.

Resident Evil 4.

Halo.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

There are a few more that I'd say are close (the Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter series, Metroid Prime) but I feel that these are the absolute best in the current generation. Those 'worth buying the system for' games.

Something that I feel that is unique in this gaming generation is the quality and number of B+ (almost A) titles that are out there. There is quite a bit of great, -great- gaming to be had in B titles in the current generation. A lot of these, with a little more polish and a little more time in the oven, very well could have been a A titles. (Metal Arms and Voodoo Vince, IMO, are prime examples of this.)
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 05:24:10 PM »

I'm gunna throw out Ico, Grand Theft Auto, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, and Sands of Time. Didn't own an Xbox, but I think Halo does deserve worthy props as well.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 05:36:26 PM »

Metal Gear Solid 3

The rest as I think of them:

Paper Mario 2
Final Fantasy X
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
God of War
Jak Series
Ratchet & Clank Series
Sly Cooper Series
KOTOR 1&2
Shadow Hearts Covenant
MGS2
Star Ocean 3
Chronicles of Riddick
Wind Waker
Zone of the Enders 2: 2nd Runer
Dark Cloud 2
Resident Evil REmake
Beyond Good & Evil

And there are still tons of games likely to make this list that either haven't released yet or I haven't got around to playing yet.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 05:40:28 PM »

My favorite five...  How easy will this be?  In no particular order, the games that sucked up my life for a while and became ones that I just could not wait to get home to...

KOTOR
Morrowind
GTA: Vice City
Halo/Halo2

OK and I reserve the right to remember my 5th later on...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 05:52:45 PM »

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Kingdom Hearts...will be thinking of my next three over the period of the day biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 05:52:59 PM »

Starshifter's Top 5 Console Games of the Current Generation:

5.  Luigi's Mansion - Mainly because of the numerous moments of pure fun I had with my kids and I playing this one together.  Sucking up Boo's, defeating a ghastly and disturbing ghost baby, the creepiness of the music, the layout of the mansion - too many memorable moments in the game and with the kids to list.  Played and solved the game five times and still own it.

4.  Advent Rising - It's what I dreamed SciFi is all about.  Stunning (and different) story, characters I cared so much for, intense action from start to finish, absolutely fantastic mind-blowing locales and - <drumroll please> - BEST GAME MUSIC SOUNDTRACK EVER (don't even argue with me!) and it even tops Halo's soundtrack!!!  This game got such a bad rap - even here at CG.:cry:  I'm praying beyond hope that the trilogy can be completed.

3.  HALO - I was never a First Person Shooter (FPS) person until this game.  Like Advent Rising above - absorbing story, great action, stunning locales, mesmerizing music, and action to die for.  So many "Wow" moments (i.e., introduction of The Flood), great characters (Cortana, Master Chief, and the Grunts!)  Plus, one of the most heart pounding, nerve-wracking finishes to a game ever!

2.  Animal Crossing - I don't know how to describe this ultra addicting game.  I still play it today without fail.  I even go out of my way to play the game during yearly holidays and events.  Last New Year's it was me, my daughter, my son and the folks of Animal Crossing counting down to the new year!  The best way I can explain this addiction is thus:  if I don't play it for awhile I end up really missing my little village.  I still haven't got the complete Space Theme yet and I don't even have my upper floor to my house yet!!!  But, my cherry orchard is coming along just fine and I'm only one Plesiosaur skull away from completing the fossil section of the museum!

1.  Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - Absolutely no contest.  Like ATB and his reaction to the sequel, this game changed me.  The second one was great too but this came first and all my life I've longed to be a Jedi in a game like this (and choose my own lightsaber color!)  I didn't "play" this game I "lived" it!  This game was in my thoughts day and night.  And besides the original Wing Commander series on the PC, no other game has ever come close to getting me so attached to the characters that I actually believed they were real!  And I couldn't have felt any more depressed and sad when this wonderful ride was over.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 06:28:55 PM »

PGR 2 - I don't normally like or play driving games, but I played this one to the end.

Crimson Skies - fun, fun, and a little more fun to boot.  I wish hadn't loaned out my copy as it was (somewhat understandably) never returned.

KOTOR - Star Wars, + RPG = gold.

Halo - while I'm a big FPS fan, this is the only game to rival the Half-Life series for me.  Great AI, graphics and story all kept me glued to the end (even through the only flaw of repetitious levels)

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - the stealth forumla in a perfect form.  The first two were good games, but this one finally got all the mechanics right and allowed us to choose our approach at the same time.  And although not difficult, it blew the MGS games away.

Oddworld: Stranger - innovative gameplay in an FPS?  Surely they must be out of their minds.

Beyond Good & Evil - while the gameplay was a little too easy, the variety, execution and storyline made it shine.

I thought about adding GTA to the list, but the truth is I was completely bored about halfway through the original.  It just tries to do too much and ends up with halfway decent variations of a bunch of gameplay styles.  Kudos for the free form approach, though.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 06:35:37 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
4.  Advent Rising ...<drumroll please> - BEST GAME MUSIC SOUNDTRACK EVER (don't even argue with me!) and it even tops Halo's soundtrack!!!  

:shock:  

Well, I guess if Halo is your basis for comparison...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 06:59:51 PM »

The Sly Cooper games are that revered, huh? I just rented the first game, actually, almost through with the Mugshot overworld, and quite enjoying it. Does it get better?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 07:03:30 PM »

FORGOT KATAMARI DAMACY!!!1!!!111!Q!

Man did I love that game. Reminded me of the joy that the original Super Mario Brothers gave me. And I mean that. I think that I've said this very thing before in these forums, but Katamari is the reason we play video games. It is pure entertaining joy. It is one of those interactive experiences that is sublime, that is nirvana.

I feel the cosmos!

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 07:05:04 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
The Sly Cooper games are that revered, huh? I just rented the first game, actually, almost through with the Mugshot overworld, and quite enjoying it. Does it get better?

Been a couple years since I played Sly- which world is that?  Although wherever it is, I wouldn't necessarilly say that it gets better since I found the first game consistently great throughout.  The second game isn't as consistent, but its highs were high enough that I liked it even more than the first.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2005, 07:22:21 PM »

Finally, I've come up with my list:

Super Smash Bros. Melee Gamecube

Most-played game this generation, I'd be willing to bet.  It always feels so fresh every time I have plugged it in.  It's amazing and if you haven't played it yet for whatever reason (don't own a Gamecube, think it's too "kiddy", dislike fighting games), I feel sorry for you.  

Kingdom Hearts Playstation 2

Lots of people dislike this one, but I loved it.  But I love Disney.  And I'm lame.  So shut up.

Animal Crossing Gamecube

SUCKED my life away for a good chunk of time.  I don't play it anymore, I've felt like getting it again, but it's coming out for the DS, so I can wait!

Amplitude Playstation 2

Had to put a rhythm on here, it's my favorite genre!  Gitaroo-Man is cool, but I've plugged more hours into Amplitude.  Plus it's got online.  And hardly anyone plays online, but when I do play online, it's hectic and awesome.

God of War Playstation 2

Everything about this game, EVERYTHING, was great.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 11:37:45 PM »

I'm pretty limited by the fact that I only own a PS2, and prior to the last two years I've been almost entirely a PC gamer.  

But off the top of my head:
4.Grand Theft Auto 3 series (3/VC/SA) - probably VC the most because I haven't put much time into SA
3. ESPN NFL 2k5 (largely because I haven't played Madden game in 10 yrs)
2.Disgaea - introduced me to SRPG's. Hilarious, and feeds my power-levelling addiction.
1.Final Fantasy X - Craploads of content, even if it has the same cheesy Square Enix 'surprise' near the end of the game.  At least this twist didn't complete negate 90% of the prior game (ie FF7)

Just missing (one or two changes and they'd be here):
Suikoden 3
Xenosaga
Ratchet & clank2 :Going Commando
Dark Cloud 2
SMT:Nocturne & SMT:Digital Devil Saga

Here is what is sitting unplayed next to my PS2 (I pick up 'rainy day games' when they get <$15):
Shadow hearts:Covenant
Robotech: Battlecry (ATB- I have no idea how I haven't played this yet - I loved Robotech when I was a kid and felt I had an obligation to buy it just to show support.)
Front Mission 4
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

So little time...

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2005, 12:48:40 AM »

Burnout 3
Final Fantasy X and XI
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
ESPN NHL 2k5

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
RamPanther
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2005, 01:15:15 AM »

#5: Advent Rising-
I played this on the PC and the Xbox. Its one of those games where the designers just simply overextended themselves, but you can see some truly great moments as you play the game. It has a solid story, some frantic combat, and just enough wry humor to make me smile while playing.  For example, early in the game after your character meets the aliens he says to his brother "Well, overall that went well. I mean, we just learned the human race is going to be destroyed, but at least they were very polite and apologetic about it."

Its a damned shame there will never be a part 2 or 3, because the game deserves a chance to be refined. Its the closest thing we almost had to a space epic.

Final Fantasy X
I spent about 60 hours with this title, and enjoyed it from beginning to end. DAmned shame about FFX-2.

Resident Evil 4.
Spooky. And FINALLY good controls. I don't think I ran into a wall even once.

Custom Robo
A half-baked storyline coupled with wonderful, quircky arena mech combat.  I've never played anything quite like it before.

Deathrow.
Unless you've played, you'll never understand.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2005, 04:26:45 AM »

Well, as I have only gotten into consoles recently (baring a brief bout with the X-Box awhile back), most of my top 5 are fairly recent (and all X-Box-  I do not own a PS2 and have only purchased 1 game to play on a friends), and everyone is due to excellent story and/or gameplay:

The Suffering
Jade Empire
X-Men Legends
Dead or Alive 3
Mercenaries

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
depward

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 04:36:49 AM »

Off the top of my head:

Shadow Hearts (most notably Shadow Hearts Covenant but the original was great as well) - Truly a fantastic RPG.  Had everything - great characters, story, graphics, gameplay, quality.  Everything.

Animal Crossing - What an addicting game.  Took interactive (albeit not THAT interactive) gaming to a whole new level.  I'm assuming the DS version will take it even further with online play and such.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - I'm not much of a platforming fan, but I couldn't stop playing this game.  Although it was a bit short, it really just was great throughout.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (the original) - Bought it for PC, finished it the next day.  Eh, could be due to it being a short game.  But I think that a lot of games took a lot out of this game.  It really redefined the sneaking genre for me (note - I haven't ever played a Thief game).

Gitaroo-Man - This game just blows me away.  From the graphical nature of it, to the simplistic yet complex gameplay, to it actually having a story tied along with it (although, not a great one) . . . it's just one of those rare games that you really just have fun playing.

There's more, but I can't seem to think of anymore at the moment.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 06:59:22 AM »

Just quick off the top of my head.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory-This one is so much better than the first two in single player I couldn't ever go back to them again. The nulti-player in both games is one of the best variations in action/FPS gaming done in years.

GTA: Vice City- I guess I should put GTA 3 here but I just loved the 80's/Miami Vice theme so much being a kid of the 80's that I spent more time just messing around with this game as I did going through the story.

KOTOR-Bioware bringing their great gameplay, character, and story telling ability to the console world. I more "casual gamer" title than than say the BG series but still had allot of fun with the game..

Rachet & Clank-Was never much of a platform player but this game was fun enough for me to keep playing it far longer than any other game of its type.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 11:33:58 AM »

I have only played a handful of console games so my experience is limited.

Xbox - Halo

Playstation 2 - God of War
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 06:18:09 PM »

There is no way I can actually rank these games so I will just throw them out there...

Grand Theft Auto 3, Tony Hawk 3/4, Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, God of War, and Wind Waker would be on the list if it werent for the sailing.  The NHL2k series should probably be mentioned.

gilgamex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 08:58:02 PM »

Nothing new here:

KOTOR  -  Could be my favorite game of all time. Didn't want it to end.

GTA III  -  VC and SA are good but none had that effect of III.

NBA 2k Series  -  So sue me... I like basketball. I'm so thankful that EA didnt get the rights to the NBA because the Live series blows.

Resident Evil 4  -  I even liked the old ones, but this newest one reinvented the series.

I'm sure I'll think of others. This would be a lot easier if I were at home with my collection in front of me.

If PC games are applicable, my list would certainly change.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2005, 11:00:30 PM »

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Halo
GTA Vice City
Eternal Darkness
Deus Ex
Thief 3
Riddick
Doom 3

Ratchet: Deadlocked!!! LOL!  :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 11:09:34 PM »

1.  ESPN NFL 2K5

2.  Mechassault

3.  Metroid Prime

4.  GTA Vice City

5. NCAA Football 2004

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 01:26:16 AM »

Not in order:

1. Rachet and Clank Series: Simply the best platforming series of all times. Just wonderful, wonderful stuff.

2. Halo/Halo2: Halo simply revolutionized first person shooters on consoles. I understand (but don't necessarily agree with) the complaints people have about it, but repetition and all, it was a phenomenal game that controlled fabulously, looked incredible, had phenomenal sound and music, and gameplay and AI that I loved. Halo 2 for me was just taking Halo to the next evolutionary step-yes, there were issues, but there was an ending in the game I played, and I loved it.

3. Final Fantasy X: The pinnacle of traditional style console RPGs. I love absolutely every single thing about this game. Thats probably enough said.

4. KOTOR: I prefer the PC version, but this was probably the best non-traditional console RPG of this generation, helped more by its absolutely phenomenal story than its actual gameplay mechanics. Fantastic stuff though.

5. Crimson Skies: Pure, unadulterated, absolutely genius fun. Its very high on my list of games to replay, and I hope to get to it soon.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2005, 06:46:25 AM »

I can`t really pick a order but here they are...Halo2,Psychonauts,BG&E,Crimson skies, and Ninja gaiden.

Do handhelds count? Because Meteos ROCKS like no other!
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2005, 10:48:18 AM »

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - no contest, nothing even comes close.

My smile still stays on.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: