http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 01:29:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The anything BUT Jade Empire discussion thread  (Read 15368 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2005, 11:07:02 PM »

Quote from: "naednek"
Don't forget Harry Wong

I swear that's a real name.  I used to process claims for a certain department for the State, and he was in my case load.  I cracked up everytime.  I was so happy he never called me about any problems with his claims, I don't know if I'd keep a straight face

Dude, Harry Wong is like the patron saint of education.  I don't think you will ever meet an educator that hasn't heard of this guy.  A lot of counties give his book, The First Days of School, to new teachers when they start.  He has a bunch of videos that are not that bad, and the book is actually pretty good stuff.

I used to have a doctor named Long Lei. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2005, 01:20:08 AM »

Quote from: "JeffG"
Quote from: "dandylife"
 This whole fiasco is starting to bring back memories of the Deus Ex/ Deus Ex 2 conflict 2 years ago...

Other then the small fact that this isn't a sequel (to anything), and that isn't a PC title gone console, that's definitely a really well thought out comparison :roll:

The comparison is valid.  DX2 was a streamlined (overly streamlined according to most) version of DX.  Lots of good stuff was lost in the streamlining.  JE is a streamlined version of KotoR.  I know that they are in different genres, but I still fear that JE may have been too streamlined even for an action RPG.  I mean, come on, no inventory and very little item management?!?  What the hell?

Yeah heaven forbid a game developer tries to expand its audience. Or make a different style of game.

Sheesh, I'm getting sick of forums. Everyone's a whiner. Or an expert.

BG2 was WAY linear - especially the back 1/2 of the game.

And, it was made with SPRITES. NO VOICE OVER. Long gone are the days of the 100 hour RPG.

Jeff, one of the things that I miss most in games these days is that they don't invite, or, really, even allow the player to use his or her imagination much at all.  Everything is just delivered to you, exactly as the developers want it to be.  Most people love this, but I don't.  It's kinda mindless.  Games without voice overs, like the superlative BG2 and all the other infinity engine games, require the player to read, process, and think about all the text on the screen.  It engages the imagination of the player as they flesh out all the unspecified details (sound of voices, inflection, meaning) of the game content in their head.

Same with graphics.  Lots of details were not technically feasable at the time, so players had to flesh out the details using their imaginations. Those old sprites are so endearing, too.  Especially when they're hand drawn like the infinity engine backgrounds are.  Yah, we probably won't ever be seeing that again.  What a shame.

Games are definetly still interactive experiences, not passive like television, but as they become more realistic, they require less work on the players part.  It just strikes me as mindless.  Older games like the one you're criticizing were really experienced by players, but many newer games are just consumed, with little effort required on the players part.  Just sit back, absorb, and turn your mind off.  Nice to an extent, but I don't like the fact that it's taking over.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2005, 02:26:00 AM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
I think we have a case of over moderation here but what the heck....

That was a joke, right Rob?

If not... you're right!  Heaven forbid we have (gasp) one more thread on a particular game.  And this other thread was (gasp again) started by a Mod!

Oh my God!   Call the overmoderation police immediately!    :roll:

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
JeffG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2005, 02:52:32 AM »

dandylife & Hetz -

Both of you have very valid points, most of which I concur with.  I would like to compare sales of ES3 v KotOR, as I'm pretty sure which one sold more, but even those would be unfair, as despite Lucas' best efforts, SW is still a strong franchise to say the least.

I miss the old days of RPG's too, and I really do hope Bethesda knocks ES4 out of the park.  

However - I don't mind the new breed either.  Story driven games where I can affect the outcome, however linear they are, are OK by me.  They server to introduce a new generation of players to what games can be.  I think it's a natural evolution, based on my comments above about sprites and VO.  What I'm getting at is this - games are costing more and more money to produce, based on the consumers desire for high quality graphics and extraordinary production values.  This doesn't bode well for RPG's.  Ask Troika.  There will always be mavericks like Bethesda (I hope) who will be able to fie them all, but in general it’s very difficult to produce a game on such a massive scale for tons of reasons…

What I really hope is the Bioware is packing away their cash in an effort to make the next best RPG with all of this together (dragon age!) and we will be able to relive the best of what Morrowind and KotOR have to offer.  True open-endedness with spectacular story telling.

Anyways, didn't mean to derail the thread.  And I am enjoying the hell out of Jade Empire.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2005, 03:36:28 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"

If not... you're right!  Heaven forbid we have (gasp) one more thread on a particular game.  And this other thread was (gasp again) started by a Mod!

LD

And please don't give Hetz a challenge.  Should I make you guys recall MW and the 2000 threads biggrin
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2005, 05:36:32 AM »

"Just sit back, absorb, and turn your mind off."
To me, it's the opposite.  I find today's games much more engaging than the old ones.  There was a decision in KoTOR that I mulled over for quite a long time, not because of the differing affects my decision might have on the game, but because the game posed a very interesting moral dilemma.  Graphics, voice acting, etc. are tools that allow developers greater freedom in creating games.  If they don't use them to make the game more involving or interesting, I don't think it's because of the graphics/VO themselves, but the poor use of them.

"I would like to compare sales of ES3 v KotOR"
I'm almost positive that Bethesda announced that both XBox versions sold over a million each, plus the PC sales.  Just a guess, but I'd put KoTOR's sales at about half that total.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2005, 07:41:36 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"

I'm almost positive that Bethesda announced that both XBox versions sold over a million each, plus the PC sales.  Just a guess, but I'd put KoTOR's sales at about half that total.

Not quite.

NPD data has Morrowind at ~505k.  Don't have the data on GOTY edition but I know its less than 400k.  

KOTOR is at or very, very near 1 million.  It sold 450k its first month.  

These are NPD numbers so they don't contradict Bethesda's press release since NPD does not account for all retailers and is only for North America.  But you can use it pretty accurately as a ratio- ie KOTOR has sold 2:1 greater than the regular edition of Morrowind in North America.

These are Xbox only.  I imagine the PC numbers may be the opposite.  Since Morrowind debuted first there, I wouldn't be surprised to see a larger proportion of sales for the PC vice Xbox.  KOTOR, on the other hand, debuted first on Xbox so I would also expect its Xbox sales to be greater than any PC sales.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2005, 10:57:37 AM »

No I'm not joking but it isn't a big deal either. However since you want me to explain my comment......  Here we have a mod creating a thread, changing the name of this thread and then forbiding inital impressions here and calling attention to his thread.  There was nothing stoping anyone from creating an "Jade Empire inital impressions thread", even a mod. There was also nothing that could be done to save this thread. I'm willing to bet that the inital impressions would of naturally gathered there.  I see many games here have multiple threads without mod action required to create them.

Now I don't wish to debate this. If you wish to continue, please private message me.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2005, 01:21:53 PM »

Since you stated you do not want to "debate" this, I will honor that.  As you mentioned, it's not a big deal.

I would like to say, however, I don't think this particular thread needs "saving".  It's a fun thread.  It just sort of "branched out" a bit.   :wink:

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2005, 03:41:20 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
But the flip side is what if I started up Ninja Gaiden and said "yeah the combat is really deep but the role playinng elements are almost completely non-existant!"

Then I'd stare at you funny for a while...  Ninja Gaiden doesn't claim to have or try to have any role-playing elements at all.  Fighting is an integral part of Jade Empire and the game mechanics aren't that interesting.

Yes, Jade Empire is going for a more action based combat model than most other RPGs but I think its wholly unfair to criticize combat for not being as deep and fluid as Ninja Gaiden and God of War where that is the entire focus of those games.

And who is doing that?

I'm sure the combat engine of Jade Empire can be criticized on its own merits but I think its pretty inappropriate to criticize it on the basis of pure action and fighting titles.  

I think most of the criticism hasn't been due to it coming up short against pure action and fighting titles.  Mine certainly hasn't.  But just out of curiosity, why is it unfair to compare it to other games with strong martial arts combat components?  They're all competing for my time and money.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2005, 04:05:17 PM »

I think most of the criticism hasn't been due to it coming up short against pure action and fighting titles. Mine certainly hasn't. But just out of curiosity, why is it unfair to compare it to other games with strong martial arts combat components? They're all competing for my time and money.

Because Jade Empire is the only one also equally focused on Role-Playing?  (Well there's Virtua Quest but thats too awful to even count....)

Why would you expect Jade Empire, which pretty clearly has other fish to fry than just martial arts combat, to compare in depth to titles whose *sole* focus is on martial arts combat with resources allocated accordingly?

If you want to devote your time and money to something with a strong martial arts combat component you'd be better with God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, etc and if you've played all of those maybe Red Ninja or something.  

If you want to play an RPG in a unique setting with a unique for RPGs combat system, then Jade Empire is pretty much it.  Its only competing with God of War to the extent that its competing with Gran Turismo 4 or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.  

Sorry if it wasn't you who singled out Jade Empire's combat for coming up short against Ninja Gaiden and God of War, but it has come up here and at other sites.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2005, 08:41:28 PM »

I'm not very far into Jade Empire, but I can say that from what I've experience so far, it seems to feature everything I enjoyed about Knights of the Old Republic except with more engaging combat.

It seems to me that if we're going to mark Jade Empire down for not having a combat system as fast or as visceral as Ninja Gaiden, then we should also go back and mark down Ninja Gaiden for not having a very good party system or a wide enough variety of dialogue options.

I've navigated the power structure at GameSpot in the past and made some contacts along the way.  Knightshade Dragon's banishment from GameSpot was the result of a single complaintant who reported him for "advertising a competing website."  As best as I can tell, the junior admin who executed the ban didn't look very carefully at the situation or at GameSpot's own Community Terms of Service.  If Knightshade Dragon cares to challenge the decision, I believe he'll win reinstatement.

I don't have any idea if this message board has private messaging or anything, but if Knightshade Dragon wants, I'll forward details on who to contact and how to proceed.

-Autistic Angel
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2005, 08:44:55 PM »

Comparing JE to something like GoW or Ninja Gaiden makes about as much sense as comparing Splinter Cell to Painkiller because they both have guns.  :roll:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2005, 09:18:22 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
Comparing JE to something like GoW or Ninja Gaiden makes about as much sense as comparing Splinter Cell to Painkiller because they both have guns.  :roll:

I agree with Jumangi, it is an all around pointless, illogical, idiotic comparison/debate.
T-Dub
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2005, 04:31:52 AM »

Why would you expect Jade Empire, which pretty clearly has other fish to fry than just martial arts combat, to compare in depth to titles whose *sole* focus is on martial arts combat with resources allocated accordingly?

This is interesting, and since I don't have Jade Empire I'll have to ask, when you level your character, what do you put your stats in, or what is the purpose of leveling your character other than gaining resources to allocate to your martial arts training?  Ultimately, it's the fighting... or not?
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2005, 05:52:55 AM »

When you level up, your 3 primary stats increase, and you get points to allocate to them as you see fit.  Your 3 primary stats are used to determine your conversation abilities (intimidate, charm, and one other one), so those improve along with your stat point increases.  You also gain points to allocate to the 3 facets of your styles, making them do more damage or increase status affect duration, etc.  You can also get bonuses for completing certain objectives.  For instance, I gained +7 to focus for reading all the books in the first town.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2005, 02:59:56 AM »

Morrowind sold very comfortably in the multi-million range.  I don't feel the need to dick-measure by doling out exact numbers, but I hate to see people take NPD as canon these days.  You'd get more accurate numbers asking our cleaning lady.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2005, 04:17:53 AM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Morrowind sold very comfortably in the multi-million range.  I don't feel the need to dick-measure by doling out exact numbers, but I hate to see people take NPD as canon these days.  You'd get more accurate numbers asking our cleaning lady.

No one says otherwise- NPD acts fine as a ratio though.  Unless for some reason a title sells proportionally stronger at a certain category of store (like Walmart and Deer Hunter) then its pretty acurate in terms of relative sales.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2005, 05:00:53 AM »

No one says otherwise
You yourself said otherwise smile  But anyway, the only point was that comparing sales rates our "little game that could" (slywink) to a Star Wars licensed property from a company 3-5x our size as some sort of measure of quality strikes me as a bit spurious.  Here's a better idea - let's compare the games' advertising budgets.  You could probably develop full-on games with the difference.  Literally.  Bioware is very successful for good reason, but using them as a low-bar barometer of success will leave you mostly disappointed with anyone else.  The fact remains that MW sold very well, was reviewed very well, won many awards, produced the proverbial fountains of money, and has a strong fanbase.  In these ways, our two games are very similar, and we're all better off for it smile

Anyway, what the hell are we talking about?  Oh yeah, Jade Empire.  That mini-game is seriously retarded slywink  But kicking dudes in the head is hella fun.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2005, 06:43:49 AM »

Quote from: "Kathode"
You yourself said otherwise

No I didn't smile  Did you read my full quote?

My quote:

These are NPD numbers so they don't contradict Bethesda's press release  since NPD does not account for all retailers and is only for North America. But you can use it pretty accurately as a ratio- ie KOTOR has sold 2:1 greater than the regular edition of Morrowind in North America.

Unless you have Bioware's internals its probably as accurate as a guess as any, at least with respect to Xbox sales.  Nor does it dispute your statement that Morrowind is a multi-million seller.  Again, its a ratio and I'd guess pretty accurate unless you know of a reason that Morrowind would sell disproportionately to KOTOR at retailers that aren't a part of NPD (which covers approx 60% of the market).  

And I don't see anyone here comparing Bethesda disfavorably to Bioware nor disputing either studios success.  I only posted those numbers when they said they guessed that Morrowind sold twice what KOTOR did.

I think if you'll look at this thread no one has really been critical of Bioware or Bethesda as companies or developers but were merely discussing why each makes certain design decisions as well as the sales implication therein.  Bioware and Bethesda's continued success is nothing but great news for RPG gamers everywhere.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2005, 12:12:19 PM »

Quote from: "naednek"

LD

And please don't give Hetz a challenge.  Should I make you guys recall MW and the 2000 threads biggrin

Hey, that sounds like a challenge to me!!!   :wink:  Tongue

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2005, 01:42:37 PM »

My only issue with the moderation that happened regarding this thread is the selection of the title.  The "pile-on" thread.  I agree with seperating the other talk and the actual Jade impressions, cool.  But that thread title clearly expresses AgtFox's(?) dislike of the "other" talk.  Even if he didn't actually mean it that way, the appearance is there.

Moderation should be objective and should strive to appear so.
T-Dub
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2005, 03:15:54 PM »

The title was changed because the extremely positive review appeared purchased- and overinflated similar to the 9.9 IGN and other extreme scores given by 2nd tier media sites.  I'm glad there was such a rush to score the game as high as possible.  I immediately raised warning flags and since the game has come out, and other's have reviewed it (gamers- not pay sites or review kitties), the warning signs were correct- again.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »

Hmm, I have to say that I take direct offense to that T-Dub.  My review wasn't purchased and I'm not real keen on the insinuation.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2005, 04:21:09 PM »

Having played a few (4 or so) hours of the game myself and having watched a friend play several more I have to say I feel the game rates a high 8 to mid nine score overall.

Are there things about it that I feel could be better?  Definitely!  I have yet to meet the game that I didn't feel could be improved.  By the same token I think it is an excellent game and feel no regrets about paying full price for it.

As a counter-point, there are those who are not going to be as positive about the game because it doesn't meet their standards or expectations.  Nothing wrong with that, and that is exactly why it is important to read various reviews and opinions about a game, and play a demo if possible.

Scores can be misleading owing to the fact that everyone has a different take on what is fun or aggravating.  What is said in a review is much more important to me than what the final score is due to knowing what kinds of things (lack of save points, annoying platforming, 'why did they CHANGE THAT!' moments, etc) are likely to keep me from enjoying a particular game and end up regretting both lost time and money.

Hmm... I seem to have rambled on a bit longer than I intended so I will wrap this up now.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2005, 04:56:45 PM »

Quote from: "T-Dub"
The title was changed because the extremely positive review appeared purchased- and overinflated similar to the 9.9 IGN and other extreme scores given by 2nd tier media sites.  I'm glad there was such a rush to score the game as high as possible.  I immediately raised warning flags and since the game has come out, and other's have reviewed it (gamers- not pay sites or review kitties), the warning signs were correct- again.

Wow.  

Earlier it was said you didn't own the game...how about you play the game before you accuse anyone and get an idea of the game.

Jade Empire has taken everything I didn't like about the Kotor games and has gotten rid of them - which leaves me with an incredibly enjoyable product.  So with that in mind, I can see how it could merit a high score like some sites have given it.  I'd put it pretty high so far.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2005, 05:12:43 PM »

So I guess Ninja Gaiden, a very heralded Xbox-game, falls into the same catagory as well?  IGN gave it a 9.4, Gamespot gave it a 9.5...

But here comes the "real" "gamer" websites with their scores!  Gaming-Age with a 60%, Xbox Rules with a 7.4, Daily Game with a 7.75.

Were these warning flags?  I doubt it because of an idea known as an "opinion."  Yes!  Opinions are important when reviewing a game because everybody's got one!  I go and proclaim Kingdom Hearts to be one of the best games ever.  I'd give it a 9.9.  Other people would give it 6.0 because they hate it.  And some people really dislike Kingdom Hearts - my favorite this-gen game!  Does that mean I was paid or coaxed into it?  Nope.  That's just my opinion.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
T-Dub
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2005, 06:26:53 PM »

You think those are "real" gamer sites?  :lol:  IGN has a history of being bought.  They routinely advertise the highest of reviews before a game is even released... everyone knows this, and if you didn't- now you do.  Whenever you see IGN and/or other review sites with outstanding reviews before a game is even released, wait.  NG received good reviews and excellent word of mouth.  It doesn't even compare to this JE situation.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2005, 06:34:58 PM »

NG received good reviews and excellent word of mouth. It doesn't even compare to this JE situation.

Right, because Jade Empire has received good reviews and excellent word of mouth too- oh wait!

The only criticisms you are really seeing for Jade Empire are about the combat system and it seems that more often than not most people are revising their opinion about it as they get some more playtime under their belt.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2005, 06:49:53 PM »

You think those are "real" gamer sites?  :lol:

Take a look at Gaming-Age and you tell me.  Check out the forums there, as well.  It's as real as it gets.

IGN has a history of being bought.  They routinely advertise the highest of reviews before a game is even released... everyone knows this, and if you didn't- now you do.

Thank you Captain Obvious, but I wasn't talking directly about IGN.

Whenever you see IGN and/or other review sites with outstanding reviews before a game is even released, wait.  NG received good reviews and excellent word of mouth.  It doesn't even compare to this JE situation.

I have nothing to comment about this section...basically because the first part is pointless and the second part is completely wrong.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2005, 07:01:42 PM »

TROOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!

Ron's reviews are far far from bought. His review might be a tad on the high side due to the sheer "excitement factor", but thats part of being a reviewer. As someone who has reviewed games across all platform for almost 10 years I would give JE after my first 6 hours of play a solid 9.0-with the potential to get only better as I am now doing several quests, startign to get skills and enjoy combat, and more.

The thread title change was obnoxious, absolutely agreed. I too think sometimes AgtFox likes to get a little too, uh, assertive, but to say it was changed to cover up a score? Are you really that completely clueless? Ron would post that score in big bold font on the front page gladly if you think he is trying to hide it. So would the MANY sites that have given this game an overall on Gamerankings of 93.1%.

Furthermore, to have that newbie tag and 10 posts under your belt and to bash the owner/operator of this site and forums and call him bought is in the absolute worst of taste. I am guessing you won't find one iota of support unless you attempt to actually rationalize or at least find some factual basis for the nonsense you are spouting.
T-Dub
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

TROOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!

crybaby

His review might be a tad on the high side due to the sheer "excitement factor"

I think that was my point?  That it was too high and seemed suspicious.  I have purchased many games and been very "high" on them simply because it was new (and I've never received a free review copy).  To be a near perfect score a game should be just that- after the excitement and newness wears off.

As someone who has reviewed games across all platform for almost 10 years I would give JE after my first 6 hours of play a solid 9.0

Well, then you agree that the first batch of perfect scores would be alarming!

The thread title change was obnoxious,

I don't think it was obnoxious.  I think it was wrong because whomever was feeling the heat.  It was a poor decision.

but to say it was changed to cover up a score?

I don't think anyone is saying that.  I think the score is perfectly reasonable if that is the genuine opinion of the reviewer of the game, not based on the excitement of finally having a RPG on the X-Box and by Bioware even!!

Are you really that completely clueless?

:rolleyes: You are losing me here buddy.  Try to be nice.

to have that newbie tag and 10 posts under your belt... ... nonsense you are spouting.

yeah, you completely lost it.  You actuall calmed down and made some sense after the yelling began.  I think any more communication with you, Rage, would be moot.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2005, 07:51:37 PM »

As someone who has reviewed games across all platform for almost 10 years I would give JE after my first 6 hours of play a solid 9.0

Well, then you agree that the first batch of perfect scores would be alarming!

I think you missed the "with the potential to only get better" part, T-Dub.  It started at about a 9.0 for me, but after doing several side-quests, getting more fighting styles and diving deeper into the main story, my score has risen.  I'm excited to see how the story is going to turn out and if my enjoyment with the game rises or falls as I play.  It could turn out to have an absolutely beautiful ending 1/4th which would obviously warrent a high score.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
depward

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »

T-dub - why don't you stop posting, because you sound stubborn as hell (and ignorant), go out and rent Jade Empire (can't support those EVIL game sites like here and IGN by buying it!  Oh no that would be disasterous!), and see if all the shit you're slinging to the Consold Gold reviewer and everyone else here is actually credible.

Everything you've said, be it from someone who has a "I know it all" complex, has no credibility because you haven't even played the game yet.  Hop on down from your high horse and join in with us by playing the game and giving worthwhile impressions and thoughts about the game.  Though, I already know, if you did play it, it wouldn't make you change your mind.

If I ever need the help of someone who has a real pulse on gaming sites and the like, I'll come to you.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2005, 01:53:27 AM »

Is it just me, or when you see the name T-dub, does it make you think of Tina Wood...

LD

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2005, 03:02:31 AM »

Which one of those two is Tina Wood?  Because seriously, the one on the right is really cute and the fireball on the left is hot.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2005, 03:23:14 AM »

Is it just me, or when you see the name T-dub, does it make you think of Tina Wood...

Why is the girl on the left with the hog face wearing a cub scout uniform?!?  Is the the style these days?

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2005, 03:39:09 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Which one of those two is Tina Wood?  Because seriously, the one on the right is really cute and the fireball on the left is hot.

The one on the right is Tina "T-Dub" Wood from G4TV.com.

TML, I wouldn't have thought of that until you said that.  However, IIRC, there was a different T-Dub at GG a long time ago, and that was not her.

Edit: I was wrong.  Edit to make the correction.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2005, 03:45:46 AM »

Quote from: "Bob"
My only issue with the moderation that happened regarding this thread is the selection of the title.  The "pile-on" thread.  I agree with seperating the other talk and the actual Jade impressions, cool.  But that thread title clearly expresses AgtFox's(?) dislike of the "other" talk.  Even if he didn't actually mean it that way, the appearance is there.

Well, you guys pick another title and I'll be happy to change it.  This is a democracy in many ways.  Maybe I picked the wrong re-title, it's what came to my mind at that point in time.

In fact, I think Rob may be able to change the title of the thread as well if he so chooses.

And sorry...I've been out of town all weekend without high-speed internet until now.

I've changed it from "pile-on" to "discussion"...if anyone can think of anything better, let me know and I'll change it.  I never wanted "pile-on" to have negative connotations and I'm sorry for that.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2005, 04:18:09 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Quote from: "Bob"

Well, you guys pick another title and I'll be happy to change it.  This is a democracy in many ways.  Maybe I picked the wrong re-title, it's what came to my mind at that point in time.

In fact, I think Rob may be able to change the title of the thread as well if he so chooses.

And sorry...I've been out of town all weekend without high-speed internet until now.

I've changed it from "pile-on" to "discussion"...if anyone can think of anything better, let me know and I'll change it.  I never wanted "pile-on" to have negative connotations and I'm sorry for that.

Nothing to apologize for-your doing your thing, and most of the time we have so little moderation that its not really a problem!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: