http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 01:37:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'I Got A PS3!' Thread  (Read 8492 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2006, 07:53:29 PM »

I'm interested to see whether Microsoft tries to reverse-engineer the cooling tech in their later-gen 360s. Maybe those will be quieter than current units. :slywink:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 08:00:51 PM »

Just made my first purchase on the Playstation Network, I got Blast Factor...which was on sale for $7.99. It was 92MB to download....so it looks like they are not forced to keep it under 50MB like Live Arcade due to the fact that everyone has a hard drive. Also, I tried the Motorstorm demo which had no issue switching from 1080p to 720p on my set. I didn't have to switch anything in the XMB for it to work.

I'll have some pics up in about an hour or so....as soon as my wife gets back with the camera!  icon_biggrin

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
depward

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2006, 08:07:01 PM »

$8000 is a stretch dude.  Kotaku reports that Ebay Market Research places the average @ $2,618.47 for the PS3s that have sold thus far.

That being said... I still don't want a PS3 at this point of time   icon_biggrin  But hey, impressions!  Let's hear them!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2006, 08:09:02 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 08:00:51 PM

Just made my first purchase on the Playstation Network, I got Blast Factor...which was on sale for $7.99. It was 92MB to download....so it looks like they are not forced to keep it under 50MB like Live Arcade due to the fact that everyone has a hard drive.

Now that is nice. Stupid Microsoft making the 360's HD 'optional'. Tell us how it is when you get a chance.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2006, 08:56:23 PM »

Here are some pics....first up, my PS3 and PS2 Games. I also have Final Fantasy XII (not pictured)....  icon_smile

More to come shortly!

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2006, 08:59:51 PM »

Hetz's picture just reminded me- I don't like the PS3 game cases.  I was looking at them at Best Buy today and I really hate the clear plastic part at the top.  Just looks cheap. 
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »

Hetz you are a true gamer's gamer  thumbsup

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2006, 09:01:55 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 17, 2006, 08:59:51 PM

Hetz's picture just reminded me- I don't like the PS3 game cases.  I was looking at them at Best Buy today and I really hate the clear plastic part at the top.  Just looks cheap. 

I hate HD-DVD cases more.  I understand the need to make them different than DVD cases, but damn are they ooglay.

gellar
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2006, 09:03:56 PM »

Wow, Hetz.  You bought some truly crappy games for your PS3.  And now we have the proof.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 17, 2006, 09:03:56 PM

Wow, Hetz.  You bought some truly crappy games for your PS3.  And now we have the proof.

Says you!

All of them should be great, except Gundum, which I haven't opened yet.  icon_biggrin

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:13 PM »

What do you do for a living Hetz? Adding up the costs of everything I'm frankly stunned.  :icon_eek:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2006, 09:14:14 PM »

Nice nail clipper slywink

gellar
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »

Man you must be a millionaire, or you rob banks for a living
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2006, 09:20:07 PM »

Mmm, those Wii boxes, on the other hand, look really nice. 
depward

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »

omg and my girlfriend says I have an expensive collection...   :icon_eek:

That's a whole lot of entertainment, right there.  And I concur about the Wii boxes!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 09:22:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 17, 2006, 09:14:14 PM

Nice nail clipper slywink

gellar

icon_redface

Thanks, that is the star of my collection!

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2006, 09:25:32 PM »

Good heavens. 2 Observations:

1. You waste lots of money. You are like gellar x2
2. Your tastes suck.  Really really suck.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 17, 2006, 09:25:32 PM

That is unfair.  You only think that because I've never shown photos of my stuff.

gellar
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2006, 09:33:49 PM »

Just as a side note: what's your address again, Hetz? And are you and your family going to be out of town for Thanksgiving? Just wondering. No reason.  ninja
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2006, 09:34:34 PM »

Good heavens. 2 Observations:

2. Your tastes suck.  Really really suck.

1. You are just jealous!   icon_smile

2. Lets see some pictures of your collection, so I can make fun of that!   Tongue

Anyway, I've got nothing on some people over at the AVS Forum. You think I waste money? Go over there can check out their 2,000 disc DVD collections or their $30,000 projection system.  eek

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2006, 09:37:08 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:34:34 PM

2. Lets see some pictures of your collection, so I can make fun of that!   Tongue

Yeah, we really need to do a post your systems/collections thread. 
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2006, 09:40:14 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 17, 2006, 09:26:37 PM

That is unfair.  You only think that because I've never shown photos of my stuff.

gellar

I've posted a few pictures at Octopus Overlords of some of my newest toys (such as my DVD changer and Fireball organization system), but even my spending habits are dwarfed in comparison.  Granted, I might be able to potentially spend on the level of Hetz, but I'm not sure I want to, especially when seeing some of the "gems" he has on his shelf.  Stealth in high definition and a copy of Madden 07 for each console?  

Is it a "I buy it because I can" scenerio, or did you really feel the need to buy a copy of Stealth on DVD, or multiple copies of the same game(s)?  I'm sure Stealth is better in HD, if only for the visuals, but a turd in HD merely allows you to see all of the detail of the corn.  Ultimately it's still a turd.

I'm curious why the awe inspiring and yet seemingly superfluous collection?  I have a fair number of toys, but even I find reasons to draw a line somewhere.

My questions aren't really meant to be condescending or to mock your envious collection, but I'm merely trying to understand your reasoning, and am rather curious.  For example, I look forward to filling my 400-disc DVD changer so that I can add a second changer to my Escient Fireball system, but I don't want to fill said changer merely for the sake of adding another, so if Stealth were the final DVD to fill the first changer and justify a second, I'd still wait for a better film to come out before continuing on with my collection.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2006, 09:42:45 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 17, 2006, 09:40:14 PM

gellar

I've posted a few pictures at Octopus Overlords of some of my newest toys (such as my DVD changer and Fireball organization system), but even my spending habits are dwarfed in comparison.

Well, just to set the facts straight... I'm not saying I am to Hetz level of insanity.

I'm just sayin' he's not twice as bad.  Maybe 1.5x.  Just sayin'.

gellar
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2006, 09:46:48 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 17, 2006, 09:42:45 PM

gellar

I've posted a few pictures at Octopus Overlords of some of my newest toys (such as my DVD changer and Fireball organization system), but even my spending habits are dwarfed in comparison.

Well, just to set the facts straight... I'm not saying I am to Hetz level of insanity.

gellar

Ya, Hetz doesn't flaunt it as nearly as much as you do Tongue 

P.S. Say goodbye to Jerry for me Tongue
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »

I'm curious why the awe inspiring and yet seemingly superfluous collection?  I have a fair number of toys, but even I find reasons to draw a line somewhere.

My questions aren't really meant to be condescending or to mock your envious collection, but I'm merely trying to understand your reasoning, and am rather curious. 

What's the point of having a superfluous collection if you can't show it off to people on the internet.  To me having Steath on HD DVD and posting a picture of it on the internet in just like saying, "Look I have more money to spend than you do and I need to prove it to you."  I'm not sure why posting pictures of those things helps to prove he has a PS3.  But whatever.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:48:59 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2006, 09:47:33 PM »

Quote from: naednek on November 17, 2006, 09:46:48 PM

Quote from: gellar on November 17, 2006, 09:42:45 PM

gellar

gellar

Ya, Hetz doesn't flaunt it as nearly as much as you do Tongue 

P.S. Say goodbye to Jerry for me Tongue

Will do.

gellar
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2006, 09:49:04 PM »

I've posted a few pictures at Octopus Overlords of some of my newest toys (such as my DVD changer and Fireball organization system), but even my spending habits are dwarfed in comparison.  Granted, I might be able to potentially spend on the level of Hetz, but I'm not sure I want to, especially when seeing some of the "gems" he has on his shelf.  Stealth in high definition and a copy of Madden 07 for each console?

I have Madden 07 for the Wii and PS3. Both are VERY different. I don't have it for the 360 anymore. Also, I liked Stealth.  Anyway I'm taking the pics down now...cause this topic is veering way of course.

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2006, 09:50:27 PM »

gellar

I've posted a few pictures at Octopus Overlords of some of my newest toys (such as my DVD changer and Fireball organization system), but even my spending habits are dwarfed in comparison.  Granted, I might be able to potentially spend on the level of Hetz, but I'm not sure I want to, especially when seeing some of the "gems" he has on his shelf.  Stealth in high definition and a copy of Madden 07 for each console?  

Is it a "I buy it because I can" scenerio, or did you really feel the need to buy a copy of Stealth on DVD, or multiple copies of the same game(s)?  I'm sure Stealth is better in HD, if only for the visuals, but a turd in HD merely allows you to see all of the detail of the corn.  Ultimately it's still a turd.

I'm curious why the awe inspiring and yet seemingly superfluous collection?  I have a fair number of toys, but even I find reasons to draw a line somewhere.

My questions aren't really meant to be condescending or to mock your envious collection, but I'm merely trying to understand your reasoning, and am rather curious.  For example, I look forward to filling my 400-disc DVD changer so that I can add a second changer to my Escient Fireball system, but I don't want to fill said changer merely for the sake of adding another, so if Stealth were the final DVD to fill the first changer and justify a second, I'd still wait for a better film to come out before continuing on with my collection.  

I was thinking the same thing. Again, like you, not putting down Hetz, he's a buddy on here, but 3 versions of Madden? Ridge Racer for the PS3? Hey, if he has the cash and doesn't have kids or a spouse, or just has the income to cover it all, no big deal, kudos to him.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2006, 09:50:40 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:49:04 PM

Also, I liked Stealth.

Yeah so... ATB wins. slywink

gellar
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »

Quote from: jblank on November 17, 2006, 09:50:27 PM

gellar

I've posted a few pictures at Octopus Overlords of some of my newest toys (such as my DVD changer and Fireball organization system), but even my spending habits are dwarfed in comparison.  Granted, I might be able to potentially spend on the level of Hetz, but I'm not sure I want to, especially when seeing some of the "gems" he has on his shelf.  Stealth in high definition and a copy of Madden 07 for each console? 

Is it a "I buy it because I can" scenerio, or did you really feel the need to buy a copy of Stealth on DVD, or multiple copies of the same game(s)?  I'm sure Stealth is better in HD, if only for the visuals, but a turd in HD merely allows you to see all of the detail of the corn.  Ultimately it's still a turd.

I'm curious why the awe inspiring and yet seemingly superfluous collection?  I have a fair number of toys, but even I find reasons to draw a line somewhere.

My questions aren't really meant to be condescending or to mock your envious collection, but I'm merely trying to understand your reasoning, and am rather curious.  For example, I look forward to filling my 400-disc DVD changer so that I can add a second changer to my Escient Fireball system, but I don't want to fill said changer merely for the sake of adding another, so if Stealth were the final DVD to fill the first changer and justify a second, I'd still wait for a better film to come out before continuing on with my collection. 

I was thinking the same thing. Again, like you, not putting down Hetz, he's a buddy on here, but 3 versions of Madden? Ridge Racer for the PS3? Hey, if he has the cash and doesn't have kids or a spouse, or just has the income to cover it all, no big deal, kudos to him.

I have a wife and kids and have the income to cover it all....but this is getting way off topic. I thought this might happen when I posted the pics...people are so predictable. Anyway, no more pics from me. You guys win. I'm going to go enjoy my PS3.  icon_biggrin

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2006, 09:54:14 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:49:04 PM

I have Madden 07 for the Wii and PS3. Both are VERY different. I don't have it for the 360 anymore. Also, I liked Stealth.  Anyway I'm taking the pics down now...cause this topic is veering way of course.

Hetz, I think most people, I hope, was just giving you a good natured ribbing.  Again, if you can do it and I say do it.  You are obviously a well adjusted person..excpet when it comes to Bethsoft products  Tongue

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2006, 09:55:01 PM »

I'd still love to see some pics of some PS3 games in action.  thumbsup
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2006, 09:56:08 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 17, 2006, 09:47:14 PM

My questions aren't really meant to be condescending or to mock your envious collection, but I'm merely trying to understand your reasoning, and am rather curious. 

What's the point of having a superfluous collection if you can't show it off to people on the internet.  To me having Steath on HD DVD and posting a picture of it on the internet in just like saying, "Look I have more money to spend than you do and I need to prove it to you."  I'm not sure why posting pictures of those things helps to prove he has a PS3.  But whatever.

I'm not so sure it's a "I have more money than you and I want to flaunt it" scenerio, if only because I've posted pictures of excessive toys as well (at OO), not necessarily to show off, but to share a level of excitement that only other audio/videophiles can appreciate.  I'm just curious as to whether a line exists that demarcates when enough is finally enough, or if Hetz's electronic purchasing powers are limitless.  If so, I'm even more jealous now than I was a few minutes ago.   icon_wink

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2006, 09:56:41 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:12:16 PM

Says you!

All of them should be great, except Gundum, which I haven't opened yet.  icon_biggrin

Gundam was the first one that came to mind.  Genji and Untold Legends also came to mind.  Oh, and Ridge Racer.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:54:03 PM

gellar

Is it a "I buy it because I can" scenerio, or did you really feel the need to buy a copy of Stealth on DVD, or multiple copies of the same game(s)?  I'm sure Stealth is better in HD, if only for the visuals, but a turd in HD merely allows you to see all of the detail of the corn.  Ultimately it's still a turd.

My questions aren't really meant to be condescending or to mock your envious collection, but I'm merely trying to understand your reasoning, and am rather curious.  For example, I look forward to filling my 400-disc DVD changer so that I can add a second changer to my Escient Fireball system, but I don't want to fill said changer merely for the sake of adding another, so if Stealth were the final DVD to fill the first changer and justify a second, I'd still wait for a better film to come out before continuing on with my collection. 

I have a wife and kids and have the income to cover it all....but this is getting way off topic. I thought this might happen when I posted the pics...people are so predictable. Anyway, no more pics from me. You guys win. I'm going to go enjoy my PS3.  icon_biggrin

Nah man, no reason to do that, I wasn't harpin' at ya. Like I said, kudos to you, it's a hobby like anyone else has.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:54:03 PM

gellar

Well, in all honesty, I think folks were more interested in pics of the PS3, not necessarily your backlog of PS2 and Gamecube titles and DVD collection.   icon_wink

Also, my own comments weren't meant to be malicious, and I truly am rather curious about your collection, especially since my home theater purchases have been questioned ad nauseum as well, and my purchases pale in comparison.  There are some things even I won't buy.  As much as I'd love a copy of every movie on DVD, I know that it would be a waste of resources and space if I were only to watch a film once.  I don't think the derailment is a product of member predictability, per se.  Granted, there is some envy involved, but I do see why some would question your choice of photos when the topic at hand is the PS3.  If someone asked me to post a picture of my puppy, and I began with photos of the Ferrari I brought him home in and the mansion in which he resides, I would expect some backlash to some extent (this is just a hypothetical example, as Simba was brought home in a Hyundai and lives with my wife and me in a townhome).  

Trust me, I can appreciate your home theater mecca.  However, if my setup is considered excessive, then I'm speechless when viewing photos of yours.  I guess I'm not helping at all.      
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 10:09:21 PM by PeteRock » Logged

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2006, 10:06:42 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 17, 2006, 10:05:24 PM

Trust me, I can appreciate your home theater mecca.  However, if my setup is considered excessive, then I'm speechless when viewing photos of yours.  I guess I'm not helping at all.     

Alright... we really do need to start that HT thread.  I will take pics when I get home and start it up if no one else has.

gellar
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2006, 10:07:35 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 17, 2006, 09:56:41 PM

Quote from: Hetz on November 17, 2006, 09:12:16 PM

Says you!

Gundam was the first one that came to mind.  Genji and Untold Legends also came to mind.  Oh, and Ridge Racer.

I love games like Genji and Untold Legends. Ridge Racer 7 should be fun as well.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2006, 10:10:40 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 17, 2006, 10:06:42 PM

Trust me, I can appreciate your home theater mecca.  However, if my setup is considered excessive, then I'm speechless when viewing photos of yours.  I guess I'm not helping at all.     

Alright... we really do need to start that HT thread.  I will take pics when I get home and start it up if no one else has.

gellar

I might be in on that.  But I can't post pictures of my DVD collection as they are all housed inside a DVD changer.  And I'd hate to feel any more inferior about my setup than I already do. icon_wink

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 17, 2006, 10:10:40 PM

Quote from: gellar on November 17, 2006, 10:06:42 PM

gellar

I might be in on that.  But I can't post pictures of my DVD collection as they are all housed inside a DVD changer.  And I'd hate to feel any more inferior about my setup than I already do. icon_wink

My DVD collection is not all that... I actually scaled back my DVD spending a while ago when I realized I watched less DVDs than I actually purchased.

gellar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: