http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:27:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "gamers" boycotting Capcom are pathetic  (Read 1837 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:26:22 AM »

I couldn't believe the story I read on the front page about gamers actually boycotting Capcom for releasing DMC4 on the 360. This is so disrespectful to the gaming culture as a whole, every one of those bastards who have signed the petition seriously deserve to be banned from gaming altogether. How can you deny other gamers out there of enjoying a game because of your own selfish and biased feelings towards other consoles?

I don't understand why Rich Newman from the GT staff wrote this either:

"If you'd like to read the original article on this subject, or want to join the petition, you can visit the original story here.[/quote]

Are you suggesting we sign it?  thumbsdown

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:42:40 AM »

Whoa now, I could careless what anyone was doing, if they are such die-hard DMC fans in the end they'll end up buying it.

And no I don't think Richard is suggesting we sign it, I think he's merley stating the original source and giving us the option if we want to actually sign it.

I think he wrote that just incase, you'd like to read the original article on this subject, or want to join the petition. It's really up to you, [sarcasm] NO RICHARD don't make me sign it, awwwwwwwww, whyyyyyy!!!!!1111!!!!1 [/ sarcasm]

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 03:46:48 AM »

Sounds exactly like that to me.. not a suggestion at all, just a mere option to visit the link and see what it's all about for yourself.
Even if he did suggest signing it (which he didn't) what would be wrong with that? Surely we are capable of making up our own minds on if it's something we agree with or not..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 03:52:30 AM »

I'm with Darren on this one-who the hell cares?  Don't sign the petition.  Of course it's retarded and and if it doesn't deserve a news article it deserves a new thread even less.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:24:38 AM »

i am not in their posistion,i am glad the game is coming to 360...maybe if PS3 got a 360/xbox game that i really liked.......actually,no..i dont think i would go that far to sign a petition

(on another note)the only petition i have signed is to get Peter Jackson to direct The Hobbit(as MGM and new line have apparently fell out with him)...and i am not really that fussed if he didnt direct it in the end...just as long as Uwe Boll didnt get his hands on it,LOL

EDIT:and just to piss the PS3 players off even more...they arent even getting lost planet or dead rising
http://kotaku.com/gaming/capcom/capcom-lost-planet-and-dead-rising-xbox-360-only-247258.php

EDIT:EDIT on another note.....have you seen this?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:57:58 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »

Did you forget to express your outrage in the first thread where we mocked the stupid people?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 12:16:09 PM »

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »

+0 for the contribution.

* purge  flushes the overly used cat photo down the drain

As I see it, Capcom is a 3rd party company, and as such they need a wide user base. Their games aren't going to move systems off shelves as much as some first-party titles we all know of (platform-non-biased comment).

It's not like Capcom is running out and trying to get all their PS2 titles to use the Xbox1 BC to work on the 360 :lol: ... these people are truly out of their fanboi minds to boycott a company for letting them GET THEIR PRODUCT ON THEIR OWN PLATFORM, *and* for other people to enjoy it too.

The signatures on this list are either jokers or people without the capacity to reason. They are truly fanbois to so madly support their own platform of choice as to try to sway a company to deny another platform from having it.

You're pretty pathetic as a person if you need a game title exclusive to your platform-of-choice to feel good about yourself.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »

Yes, we just did this dance a couple days ago.  But, they certainly are pathetic and not just a little creepy.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 01:50:03 PM »

Quote from: Purge on March 27, 2007, 01:22:03 PM

+0 for the contribution.

As I see it, Capcom is a 3rd party company, and as such they need a wide user base. Their games aren't going to move systems off shelves as much as some first-party titles we all know of (platform-non-biased comment).

It's not like Capcom is running out and trying to get all their PS2 titles to use the Xbox1 BC to work on the 360 :lol: ... these people are truly out of their fanboi minds to boycott a company for letting them GET THEIR PRODUCT ON THEIR OWN PLATFORM, *and* for other people to enjoy it too.

The signatures on this list are either jokers or people without the capacity to reason. They are truly fanbois to so madly support their own platform of choice as to try to sway a company to deny another platform from having it.

You're pretty pathetic as a person if you need a game title exclusive to your platform-of-choice to feel good about yourself.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »

Are you guys happy?  You've outraged Hetz so badly all he can do is reply in Cat-ese  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 27, 2007, 01:50:03 PM

Quote from: Purge on March 27, 2007, 01:22:03 PM

+0 for the contribution.

Yeah, I think that means Hetz signed it.  smile

glyc

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »

Capcom responds to petition..

http://www.psu.com/node/9230

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »

At the same time we feel that allowing more people access to our content pleases far more people than it displeases (after all, we're not denying Devil May Cry 4 to anyone that was already going to get it). It really is the best decision for the company and for consumers.

Sounds good.

Now where is Dead Rising and Lost Planet for the PS3, Capcom?

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 27, 2007, 07:30:47 PM

At the same time we feel that allowing more people access to our content pleases far more people than it displeases (after all, we're not denying Devil May Cry 4 to anyone that was already going to get it). It really is the best decision for the company and for consumers.

Sounds good.

you know the ps3 can't handle that kind of graphic power!  are you insane, man!?

Tongue

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 27, 2007, 07:30:47 PM

Sounds good.

see my post half way  up the page(above the cat pictures...the one with the virtua fighter cover on

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »

I apologize for my comment about Richard suggesting we sign, I was just angry at the whole thing at the time. It's really a sad day though when gamers don't want other gamers to experience a game because they want it to stay on their "favorite" platform.
'

Sean Lama
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 08:09:45 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 27, 2007, 08:01:09 PM

I apologize for my comment about Richard suggesting we sign, I was just angry at the whole thing at the time. It's really a sad day though when gamers don't want other gamers to experience a game because they want it to stay on their "favorite" platform.
'

They will put Mario on the Xbox over my dead body! I will never allow it! NEVER!!!!!

Tongue

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 08:39:03 PM »

Quite frankly the whole proposition of gamers getting incensed about this sort of thing is IMHO ridiculous. The console manufacturers are really the only ones to gain from exclusives. It may be an issue if multi-platform compromised quality, but Capcom made this a non-issue when they ported RE4 to the PS2 with minimal degradation in graphics quality.

The irony of this whole situation is that Capcom, with the success of the Wii, is probably now kicking themselves for not having the favourable relationship they previously enjoyed with Nintendo. When they took RE4 out of exclusively they seriously soured the relationship, and I've read that they aren't being offered license discounts/perks from Nintendo anymore. Whether the playstation fanboys like it or not, Capcom has to now max their multiplatform options if they're to maintain a healthy existence.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 09:18:01 PM »

The irony of this whole situation is that Capcom, with the success of the Wii, is probably now kicking themselves for not having the favourable relationship they previously enjoyed with Nintendo. When they took RE4 out of exclusively they seriously soured the relationship, and I've read that they aren't being offered license discounts/perks from Nintendo anymore. Whether the playstation fanboys like it or not, Capcom has to now max their multiplatform options if they're to maintain a healthy existence.

I don't see Capcom kicking themselves though, from what we've seen the software on the Wii isn't selling that well. Nintendo's games are the only ones making any sort of splash on the sales charts, the rest just seem to sink.

Sean Lama
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 27, 2007, 09:18:01 PM

I don't see Capcom kicking themselves though, from what we've seen the software on the Wii isn't selling that well. Nintendo's games are the only ones making any sort of splash on the sales charts, the rest just seem to sink.

Don't know about that- the 2nd and 3rd biggest sellers on the platform are third party games (Rayman and Red Steel).  Though that that will change after another month of Wii Play sales.  Sonic also did better numbers than it's 360 and PS3 incarnations have done. 
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »

I found this literal translation over on GwJ and thought it was funny enough to share:

"To Capcom: We, the undersigned, payed way too much money for a system that is utter trash. We believed that upon purchasing the Sony PS3, we would be able to play games that were released exclusively to us, and not to owners of other, 'lesser' systems. That, so far, has not been the case. Since most developers are coming to realize that the high price, and low popularity, have made the PS3 less desirable than the Xbox360, our PS3 exclusive games are beginning to dwindle. In short, we are starting to regret our fanboy purchases, given that we could have saved about $200 and played the exact same games.

So please, Capcom, throw out common sense and desire for profit, and sell those games to the extreme minority."

glyc

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 07:48:24 PM »

Hysterical.

No really, it really is very funny. Calling the PS3 'utter trash' and more fanboy nonsense statements.

icon_lol

Thanks for posting that!

Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 28, 2007, 07:48:24 PM

Hysterical.

No really, it really is very funny. Calling the PS3 'utter trash' and more fanboy nonsense statements.

icon_lol

Thanks for posting that!

I didn't write it, I'm merely passing it along.  Maybe you should head on over to GwJ and share your thoughts and feelings with them?  Since you are the "ultimate fanboi" on every front, I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion on this heated topic.   Roll Eyes

glyc

Kratz
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 08:37:03 PM »

The funniest part about this dumbest of dumb crap was this paragraph in the article on gamespot:

Quote from: Gamespot
The petition had, as of press time, received a total of more than 7,500 signatures. Though with samples including, "This petition is retarded," "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen," and "I got a big ****," it's hard to gauge how accurate a judge of outrage it is.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 09:58:58 PM »

Quote from: Glycerine on March 28, 2007, 08:04:14 PM

Quote from: Hetz on March 28, 2007, 07:48:24 PM

Hysterical.

icon_lol

Thanks for posting that!

I didn't write it, I'm merely passing it along.  Maybe you should head on over to GwJ and share your thoughts and feelings with them?  Since you are the "ultimate fanboi" on every front, I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion on this heated topic.   Roll Eyes

glyc

If that fanboy crap is the stuff that passes for humor over there....I think I'll pass.

Thanks for the invite though! Tell them for me that I do enjoy their podcast though...  icon_biggrin

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 10:01:58 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on March 28, 2007, 08:37:03 PM

The funniest part about this dumbest of dumb crap was this paragraph in the article on gamespot:

Quote from: Gamespot
The petition had, as of press time, received a total of more than 7,500 signatures. Though with samples including, "This petition is retarded," "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen," and "I got a big ****," it's hard to gauge how accurate a judge of outrage it is.

I agree. The whole petition is the stupidest thing I have ever read....no wait....the 2nd stupidest. That 'literal translation' of it from GwJ is the stupidest.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: