http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 08:50:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Drive Unlimited Pricing Announced  (Read 930 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2006, 11:55:04 AM »

Atari, Inc., one of the world’s most recognized brands and a leading third-party video game publisher, today announced official pricing for its upcoming, highly-anticipated next-generation racing game, Test Drive Unlimited. Atari will offer Test Drive Unlimited for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for US$39.95. To further extend consumers’ gaming experiences, Test Drive Unlimited car packs featuring six or more cars, complete with genre-specific radio stations, will be available for download monthly, beginning six weeks after launch on Xbox Live Marketplace.

“Innovation should be available to everyone, not a privilege for those can afford high price tags,” said Bruno Bonnell, Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer of Atari.

“Our GamersFirst program demonstrated the positive impact of flexibility in pricing. We believe it is our mission to deliver triple-A games that are accessible to the masses. As such, we are offering Test Drive Unlimited – a game that is being positively touted and recognized by the media – for $39.95, and furthermore, will continue users’ experiences past launch by featuring new cars and free music for download.”

Test Drive Unlimited’s monthly car packs will feature a mixture of manufacturers and models of the world’s finest vehicles. Each downloaded car pack will also include a free radio station. Radio stations will be set according to genres, such as Rock, Blues, Electronic, R&B, Jazz, Latin, etc., and feature between 10-20 songs.

Very interesting, I am curious as to the pricing they will use on the car packs.  Hopefully the packs will be only a few bucks.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 12:08:50 PM »

Yeah, when I saw it was 39.99, I immediately thought that the downloadable car packs were going to be very high priced.  We'll see if I'm wrong, but I just can't shake the feeling.  Of course, optional car packs are optional, so you still get a $40 game which will hopefully have a large amount of cars in it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Yeah, when I saw it was 39.99, I immediately thought that the downloadable car packs were going to be very high priced.  We'll see if I'm wrong, but I just can't shake the feeling.  Of course, optional car packs are optional, so you still get a $40 game which will hopefully have a large amount of cars in it.

I believe the base game will have around 90 cars.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »

excellent

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »

I played the demo and was impressed.  Now that I have heard the price I'm placing my pre-order today.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 03:54:54 PM »

I like the pay less for main game, more for options model because it allows more potential players which is good for any game with online.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »

For $59.99, I have to think really hard

For $39.99, Why not buy it? I played the demo and it was pretty good.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 04:36:18 PM »

Hmmm...verrrrry interesting...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 06:21:06 PM »

I got a chance to play this at E3.  It takes a little while to get used to the feel of the cars, but once you did I thought it was a lot of fun.  The developers said they didn't put in damage modelling because they want you to be able to actually buy the cars instead of spending money on getting your car repaired.  It looks like this could be a fun title, and look at what the $40 price point did for Rockstar Presents Table Tennis.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 03:32:19 AM »

Quote from: "Graham"
The developers said they didn't put in damage modelling because they want you to be able to actually buy the cars instead of spending money on getting your car repaired.

Or getting clearance from auto manufacturers to damage their products on screen would've been tougher than pulling tiger's teeth.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 06:07:42 AM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
Or getting clearance from auto manufacturers to damage their products on screen would've been tougher than pulling tiger's teeth.

But...

Forza.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: