http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:19:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TellTale] Fables: The Wolf Among Us  (Read 3619 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »

damn, The Wolf Among Us is looking nice:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2013, 10:34:53 PM »

trailer.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »

just saw Wolf Among Us is up on Steam for pre-order, with an October 2013 release window.

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 03:08:24 AM »

Looking forward to this one now. Reading through the first 50 issues of Fables now (was on sale on Comixology a bit ago). It's a pretty fun comic and Bigsby is a great character. Hope they get this one right.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 03:09:02 AM »

Anyone know of any hands-on impressions of the game?  I'm definitely interested, but I've heard very little about the game so far.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 04:46:02 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 04, 2013, 03:09:02 AM

Anyone know of any hands-on impressions of the game?  I'm definitely interested, but I've heard very little about the game so far.

I played a little demo of it at PAX and it was similar to Walking Dead, but obviously a different story.  It controlled and played pretty much the same, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 08:39:47 AM »

The game is available for preorder from Greenman Gaming for ~$17 with the code GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ.  When I ordered it, the confirmation email listed 10/11 as the release date.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »

The first episode is getting very good reviews - 8 from Gamespot, 9 from IGN, and 8 from GameTrailers.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 12:17:17 AM »

Yeah they got this one 100% right.

The only problem for me is that I read the first 50 issues so I'm making Bigby respond how I think he would in the comics. But it didn't matter since it looked great, all the characters behaved as expected, and the writing and direction of some of the things that go on is suburb. I have to say the fights, while QTEs are pretty fantastic and entertaining. According to Steam it took me 2hrs to finish the first episode but I think that was closer to 3. 

Those that haven't read the books anything yet are in for a treat.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2013, 06:36:07 AM »

Well... damn. Knew what I was going to walk into at the end but... damn.  icon_cry

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »

I was curious to see how this was coming along, and saw that episode 2 hasn't even been released yet.  I think that pretty much put me in the 'wait until they're finished before buying' camp, I didn't realize they weren't doing monthly releases this time around.

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »

Hitting the ios app store tonight in the US

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 04, 2013, 04:10:05 PM

I was curious to see how this was coming along, and saw that episode 2 hasn't even been released yet.  I think that pretty much put me in the 'wait until they're finished before buying' camp, I didn't realize they weren't doing monthly releases this time around.

I'd assume they're not doing monthly releases because they have two series going at once.  Hopefully, they'll be alternating months with TWAU and The Walking Dead releases.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 01:11:25 AM »

Was wondering when the month went by and no new episode. Think I'll fall back on my old ways and wait for everything to be released before I venture back into the story.

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »

finally, some news:

We wanted to thank everyone for playing the first chapter in The Wolf Among Us, and ask for your patience as the team works very hard this month to finalize what is shaping up to be another episode full of surprises. We're anticipating another update on its ETA for release very soon after the holidays, and we couldn't be more excited to continue this series with all of you.

so, an ETA after the holidays.  January release, maybe?

Quote from: EddieA on December 04, 2013, 11:04:14 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 04, 2013, 04:10:05 PM

I'd assume they're not doing monthly releases because they have two series going at once.  Hopefully, they'll be alternating months with TWAU and The Walking Dead releases.

I hope they keep a schedule like that.  I'm really interested in Fables but I'd hate to be waiting until 2015 to see the ending.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »

I hope that the fact that they'll soon have two ongoing series, plus two more coming in 2014, doesn't mean they're spreading themselves too thin.  I know there are probably different teams for different games, but three months (at least) is really too long of a gap for an episodic series.

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 02:56:11 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on December 08, 2013, 12:12:50 PM

I hope that the fact that they'll soon have two ongoing series, plus two more coming in 2014, doesn't mean they're spreading themselves too thin.  I know there are probably different teams for different games, but three months (at least) is really too long of a gap for an episodic series.

It's kind of ironic since we kept saying that no one is doing episodic content right until Telltale started monthly releases.  Hopefully none of this is the result of poor financial management.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 03:35:39 AM »

I broke down and bought this for iOS since I didn't really want to spring for a full season pass yet, and figured I'd have a better chance at completing it on the iPad. I really like it so far.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »

The first episode of this is free on XBL(I think today only)

and the season pass is 33% off(6.69 in UK)

I have not sprung for the season pass,but have downloaded the first episode,looking forward to playing it,but yeah with the second episode due early 2014 i think i will wait until all 5 are out

Hope TWD 2 and GoT are not as scattered in their episode releases,i remember TWD 1 being a bit delayed(again which is why i was glad waited for all episodes to have been released)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »

and grabbed episode 1 on the 360 for free.  I'll get around to it eventually.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »

Episode 2 finally has a release date - first week of February.  The post also says that there shouldn't be as big a gap between the rest of the episodes' releases.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »

Episode 2 came out today. Played through it. Its a lot more dialogue choice oriented than adventure/action sequences, although it has a few of those too. It took a bit to get back in to it but by the end I really wanted to play more. Another cliffhanger ending. Which was a pretty neat one for me as it hints at something I don't think was explained in the comics - at least as far as I've read them. Hopefully there won't be quite as long as a delay to the next one.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2014, 01:17:53 AM »

I played the first episode but I think I'm gonna try and hold off on the rest until they're all out...

-craig

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »

Episode 3 will be out on April 8.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: