http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 01:50:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me the first Half-Life Ending?? (spoiler)  (Read 1548 times)
Scoop20906
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

Hey CGers:

I played all the way through to almost the end of the first Half-Life, then I got frustrated at the last level for some reason (with the big giant baby head) and quit.  :x  I always meant to go back and finish it but I never did.  :roll:

Now that Half-Life 2 is coming out, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens after you defeat the big giant baby head. The faq I read didnt really describe it much.

THANKS!!!  :wink:

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 08:00:03 PM »

I never beat it either so I loaded it up inputed the level cheat gave myself unlimited health/ammo and beat him just to see the ending.

Ascendent
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 08:01:34 PM »

I don't have the software anymore either. I was just hoping someone could give me a good synopis of what happens at the ending. THANKS!

happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 08:13:07 PM »

How about a (very) quick overview of the whole story? I tried to play it when it was free over Steam, but Steam still sucked then. There was no way I was ever going to finish with that setup.

LiveTAG: happydog
Glycerine

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 08:54:43 PM »

*** SPOILERS AHEAD! ***

It had been so long since I finished the first, I couldn't really remember much except that I ended up working for the G-Man, screen fades to black and credits roll.

I thought you might want a more detailed description, so I pulled this from antseezee's FAQ on GameFaqs:

"After killing the master being of the Xen race, you'll suddenly end up in an elevator with the man in the blue suit himself! In case you did not know, his name is the G-Man, and he's also referred to as the "Administrator" at the Black Mesa facility. He let's you know that all of your weapons were stripped for meeting purposes. He congratulates you  or allowing him to now control the Xen race. Because of your potential,  and single-handed ability to bring down an opposing race, he has recommended your services to his employers for future jobs. Seeing as you're a decisive man, the choice should be quite clear. If you want to work for the man and his associates, simply step through the portal when it opens up. Otherwise, if you choose not to accept his offer, you will be warped into a battle you cannot possibly survive. Of course, the choice is up to you.

If you choose not to enter the portal when it opens up, the G-Man will reluctantly let you go, and warp you into a room filled with Xen                     creatures. Since you practically murdered their entire race, they have no problem killing you. The lights dim out, but at least you have the honor of not serving that despicable man.

This is pretty much the end of the game. Credits will scroll by, and then    you will be left with a blank black screen. The real questions lie behind    the true identity of the G-MAN, and what exactly happened at the end. Some players believe the G-MAN is actually working for an alien race that tries to control other races by defeating them. This was the case with the Xen.  Unfortunately, they were too overwhelmingly strong for his race to handle alone. However, by pitting a war between the humans and Xen, along with manipulating Gordon Freeman, you allowed them to control the Xen (and the humans in a literal sense as well). The G-MAN is most likely a human, but his sinister lisp voice and attitude of saying that he works for a higher being tends to give it away. Hopefully, Half-Life 2 will solve some of these problems."

Glycerine
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 09:17:44 PM »

Thanks Glycerine.

That helps cause I did always wonder who that guy in the suit was everywhere I went. It kills me that I was THAT close to finishing the game and just quit. The jumping puzzles just took alot of fun out of it for me and then I get to the room with this HUGE ass head and no idea how to kill it. Next thing I know I get warped into the puzzle room and I said screw it.  :angry:  It was fun up until then. Didn't look back...

Until now...

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 09:58:53 PM »

Except I think it's a train (to tie in with the beginning scene) and not an elevator.  I could be wrong though.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Appollo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 01:32:02 AM »

I loved that opening scene on the train  Cool
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 02:12:50 AM »

Quote from: "IkeVandergraaf"
Except I think it's a train (to tie in with the beginning scene) and not an elevator.  I could be wrong though.

It's the same kind of train as you are on when you start the game.

I just finished it, along with both expansions (Opposing Force and Blue Shift) not long ago.  Great fun!

Oh yeah, the big baby head is weak (its moves are very predictable). :twisted:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 03:09:30 AM »

Yes, it's a tram car, the main difference being that when you look out of it, all you see in every direction are stars streaking by...

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 08:47:56 AM »

Although that ending left a lot of questions, I still think it's one of the best endings for a game.  It just perfectly fit Half-Life 1's theme, and you get a nice confrontation with the G-man that had been hounding you the entire game.

Half-Life 2 picks up wonderfully after that, with the G-man waking you up and sending you to City 17.  Citing that "your time has come again."
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 02:32:05 AM »

Gordon finds out the G-man is actually his father and that the only way to stop the aliens is Man love... :wink:
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 03:08:42 AM »

Quote from: "Falator"
Gordon finds out the G-man is actually his father and that the only way to stop the aliens is Man love... :wink:

Hey!  No spoilers okay!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: