http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:18:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekken: Dark Resurection on PS Store  (Read 1565 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »

Oh and this is the arcade game with 1080p visuals, not the PSP game.

It's up on the JP/HK PS Store. Should be up soon on the US Store...

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 03:05:14 PM »

I never liked Tekken.

That said, this is still quite cool (and looks pretty to boot). Any idea as to the cost?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 03:06:14 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on December 27, 2006, 03:05:14 PM

I never liked Tekken.

That said, this is still quite cool (and looks pretty to boot). Any idea as to the cost?

It's about $15.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=30056

thumbsup

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:38:15 PM »

Awesome. Thought it'd take them longer than this to put it up. Now to just wait for the US release.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 10:53:56 PM »

Quote from: Fellow on December 27, 2006, 04:38:15 PM

Awesome. Thought it'd take them longer than this to put it up. Now to just wait for the US release.

Why wait? I'm downloading it now from the HK PS Store!!!

Just figured out how to do it....865MB.

smile

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:40:38 AM »

For those of you wanting to download it now....here is a detailed guide, from GAF:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TEKKEN 5: DARK RESURRECTION from Hong Kong PS Network.

Note: Before doing this make sure you have a Visa or Mastercard Credit Card/Debit Card(In some cases you may need 2 cards).

1) Create a new log in on your PS3 system.(Far left of the XMB menu).

2) Sign up for the PS Network(Far right). Make a master account.

3) Fill in all information accordingly, choose Hong Kong as your country.

4) Under street address put in a random number and street name. For region just pick a random one, for example I picked Kowloon/Kowloon Bay.

5) Enter in your billing information, make sure you're accurate!

6) Once you finish setting up your account, go back to the Account Management and add funds to your wallet. What you're going to do now is add 40HKD twice. This will give you a total of 80 HKD. (Why are we doing this? Because for some reason when authorizing the credit/debit cards it will not complete the transaction when authorizing 80 or more HKD at a time;Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is 125HKD). So now that you have 80 HKD. Exit the account management and go into the PlayStation Store.

7) Choose the DL for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. Once doing so it will ask you to confirm and once you do it will show that there is a remaining balance owed of 45HKD. Authorize the transaction and you should be good to go! If it does not work on the PS Store screen you will have to use another card(Edit billing information on the account management screen of the PS Network(Far right on XMB).

Have fun!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 01:00:29 AM »

That sounds like a lot of effort.  I will wait for the US version... it just needs to hurry the hell up.

gellar
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:17:20 AM »

Actually, it's not that hard at all. It sounds harder than it actually is. It took me about 5 minutes to get the new account set up. I now have two accounts, one for the US and one for HK store....which has stuff that the US store doesn't, like a Ridge Racer 7 demo. a couple more PS1 games and Tekken: DR. I just log into whichever one I want when I power up the PS3. I can also switch between accounts really easily from the XMB. It is basically just like the 360 region trick.

I do hope they get the game out soon in the USA though. I'm at 80% downloaded now....

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 03:02:11 AM »

I've been playing for about an hour, the loading times are non-existent (there are no loading times AT ALL), you can unlock all of the ending cinemas in 1080p HD and you can unlock all of the original tekken 5 stages as you play the game. There are also a bunch of images you can unlock from past Tekken games. There are also different costumes for the characters as you play the game as well. The graphics look great and it runs awesome in 1080p at a full 60 FPS.

For $15, this is a steal.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:30:01 AM by Hetz » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »

Some more pics!

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 04:03:50 PM »

And some more.....woooo, this game rocks!!!

Easily the best downloadable full game released so far, on any system. Tons of unlockables, bunch of different modes, tons of characters and stages and 1080p remastered graphics....for only $15.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 04:36:50 PM »

thumbsup

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 04:42:36 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on December 28, 2006, 04:03:50 PM

Easily the best downloadable full game released so far, on any system. Tons of unlockables, bunch of different modes, tons of characters and stages and 1080p remastered graphics....for only $15.

Oh, c'mon.  There's been plenty of PC games available for 'free' download for years now  icon_twisted

game does look nice though.  are those jubblies as jiggly as the jumongous ones in DOA?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »

Does it have online play?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 03:29:24 AM »

Looks pretty cool, even as a non-Tekken fan I can admit that.  I hope they keep releasing stuff like this so eventually MS will realize that the 50mb limit on Live is absurd. 

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 04:25:55 AM »

I'm actually kinda surprised at how unimpressed I am by those shots. The Tekken games have always been pretty high-end in presentation, so seeing such low poly-count fighters and obvious textures is rather surprising; aside from running in high-resolution, it looks like a last-gen game (DOA Ultimate, for example, looked sharper imo).

Granted, this may be because it's a downloadable title for free, and maybe they're more just trying to whet players appetites for the real high-def Tekken title that we know is bound to be released for the PS3.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 04:32:36 AM »

Keep the half naked chick pics coming! smile
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 06:27:01 AM »

Granted, this may be because it's a downloadable title for free, and maybe they're more just trying to whet players appetites for the real high-def Tekken title that we know is bound to be released for the PS3.

Nah, it's $15.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:31:25 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 12:44:15 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 29, 2006, 06:27:01 AM

Nah, it's $15.

Yeah, it's $15. It's also a fantastic deal for $15.  icon_smile

Anyway, the consensus seems to be that this looks better than the Tekken 6 E3 Trailer they showed for the PS3.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 02:26:24 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on December 29, 2006, 12:44:15 PM

Anyway, the consensus seems to be that this looks better than the Tekken 6 E3 Trailer they showed for the PS3.

I really hope not. Those are some pretty disappointing graphics for the new generation, at least judging from the screenshots in this thread. And before anyone misreads me, I'm not bashing the PS3 at all here. Other games I've seen for the system are very impressive.

Stuff that's really bothering me and not looking very next gen are things like this:

That is some horribly low-res texture work going on there for that guy's clothing. I've seen sandpaper with finer texture than that. icon_biggrin Seriously though, for a primary defining detail on a character's clothing, that's some lousy texture resolution.

And this shot; this is the most unimpressive of the bunch. Look at how few polygons are on that model, and even worse are the way the vertices stand out far too noticeably on his body (check out the shoulder in particular).

What I can see of the environments in this game are possibly very impressive, depending on whether they're fully rendered or containing masked static backgrounds along with some rendered objects. But the fighters are surprisingly low on polycount and texture resolution, considering that they're the focus of the game. Yes, for $15 I wouldn't be complaining either as long as the gameplay is great (and while I'm not a fan of the Tekken gameplay, I know a lot of people are). But if Tekken 6 isn't a significant step up from this on presentation, I'd find that quite disappointing. From what I've seen of DOA4 and VF5, both of those are a solid step up from this on the graphical quality.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 02:45:13 PM »

As I understand it this is a slightly upgraded port of Arcade Tekken 5.  Not something developed from the ground up for PS3 hardware and shouldn't be taken as such. 
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 29, 2006, 02:45:13 PM

As I understand it this is a slightly upgraded port of Arcade Tekken 5.  Not something developed from the ground up for PS3 hardware and shouldn't be taken as such. 

Yes, it is just a upgraded port of arcade Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (not Tekken 5) with the extra characters from the PSP version and a playable boss character not available anywhere else. You also get all the stages from both the original Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection (over 35 in total).

The visuals have been upgraded to 1080p. They also redid some of the textures and effects. I wouldn't call it a slightly upgraded port at all. It includes a bunch more than the original Tekken 5 arcade game, not to mention the improved visuals.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: