http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 08:52:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Target and Walmart Break DS Lite Street Date  (Read 2801 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2006, 03:28:56 PM »

Quote from: "Ridah"
It's $70 for the DS by itself. You can apply it toward whatever you want, but the smart money is using it to upgrade to the Lite.

Actually, its $70 if you put it towards a DS Lite. Otherwise its just the regular $50 value for your DS.

Ridah, look at the FSI.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2006, 04:06:33 PM »

i think I posted this over at OO.  I was in the other day, to reserve my DS Lite, at Eb games.  I mentioned to the guy I am friends with there, that Target and Wal-mart had broken the street date.  Apparently what happened was due to shipping some stores received thier stand up, the same day as they got thier actual shipment.  Almost solely west coast stores.  nintendo then gave the go ahead to some stores that it was OK to sell the units IF a Nintendo Rep put them out.  Thats what he told me.  He's usually pretty good.  He said they havent even got thier stand up yet.  <sigh>  I preordered mine though.  can;t wait.  it will be the first hand held I have owned.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

Quote from: "Ridah"
It's $70 for the DS by itself. You can apply it toward whatever you want, but the smart money is using it to upgrade to the Lite.

Actually, its $70 if you put it towards a DS Lite. Otherwise its just the regular $50 value for your DS.

Folks, the original poster is correct. Through the 11th, there's an extra 20 bucks trade incentive ay Gamestop/EB on 360, Xbox, PS2, DS, GC, and PSP. It has nothing to do with what you choose to purchase.

Also, FYI, Gamestop has finally begun giving discounts to customers with EB cards and vice-versa.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »

What do you have to include to get $70 for a DS?  The system, a stylus, and power cord, I assume, but anything else?  And would it change anything if I found the original box?
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2006, 01:51:08 PM »

I'm confused, I just asked my brother-in-law who is a manager at a EB games, and he said I would only get $50 for turning in my old DS (paying $79.99 for the new one)

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2006, 02:27:10 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
What do you have to include to get $70 for a DS?  The system, a stylus, and power cord, I assume, but anything else?  And would it change anything if I found the original box?

Nope and Nope.

Fossils, tell him it's in the June 4th FSI. It will still show in the system as $50 but the other 20 gets tacked on. AFAIK it's for all Gamestop and EB stores but I guess I could be wrong about that.

Note this time there are no coupons required for these offers.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: