http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 07:41:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take bets on how long my "new' 360 will last.  (Read 834 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »

Got my repaired unit today.  Its manufacture date is 7-10-2006.  Yeah that is going to break in a week.  Oh well I have a pretty good idea of how the process works. smile

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »

Sad.  You spend hard-earned money on a product that SHOULD last for years, it breaks for an accepted and well-known problem that NEVER should have happened, and then instead of giving you a brand new one with whatever horseshit makes them break fixed once and for all, they give you another old piece of crap that no doubt will die before its time. 

MS is way way way way way beyond pathetic. 

That being said, I wish you nothing but luck with this replacement and hope it lasts for 5 years. 

I am Xboxalot on Live.
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:32:00 AM »

my last replacement has been going strong for awhile now (maybe a year or so). I bought a notebook cooler with a USB cable, the kind that sits below and blows cool air upward, so I recommend getting one of those
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 02:19:51 AM »

eek

As long as it gets you safely beyond the Christmas holidays to avoid the rush of broken Christmas 360's coming in, you should be fine!

Mine is currently in transit to the repair facility. I'm curious to see what they give me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an HDMI model but I'm mentally preparing for a model older than my original (which was a July 2007 build).
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 02:57:22 AM »

Quote from: mikeg on December 17, 2008, 12:17:21 AM

Sad.  You spend hard-earned money on a product that SHOULD last for years, it breaks for an accepted and well-known problem that NEVER should have happened, and then instead of giving you a brand new one with whatever horseshit makes them break fixed once and for all, they give you another old piece of crap that no doubt will die before its time. 

MS is way way way way way beyond pathetic.

are you arguing with success? slywink ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:53 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on December 16, 2008, 11:18:43 PM

Got my repaired unit today.  Its manufacture date is 7-10-2006.  Yeah that is going to break in a week.  Oh well I have a pretty good idea of how the process works. smile

i feel your pain.  they replaced my dead launch unit with a refurb built in april '06 when i went through the process back in january of this year.  when my 3-year RRoD warranty expires about a week from now, i'll be in the hook for a brand new 360 next time mine gives up the ghost...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on December 16, 2008, 11:18:43 PM

I'm dreading this as well.  When my first unit broke, I was sent one that was 6 months older.  When the DVD drive on that one died, they just swapped it out and sent it back.  I'm hoping the current RROD is serious enough to warrant a new unit.  Although, with a manufacture date in early 2006, I don't think they could possibly send me one that is actually older. 

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 02:43:49 PM »

I can kind of understand their thinking.  They have a pile of RRoD machines which are fine in every other way so they must think it is cheaper to replace the heatsink (or whatever part causes RRoD) and send out the units again.  I bet it actually is cheaper, but it still means people are getting units without any structural fix to the RRoD issue just new parts.  So everyone who gets one will get the RRoD problem again at some point in time. 

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »

The last two times mine broke, they sent me back the same unit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: