http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 09:19:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sword & Sworcery EP  (Read 698 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

coming to Steam 'before the next dark moon' and Mac 'before the summer solstice'.  it's an adventure game that was released on mobile devices, and got some pretty good praise.  I'm excited as I don't have an iPad, and hate playing games like this on the small iPhone screen.

it'll be playable at PAX East.  I imagine it will be fairly cheap, probably not breaking the 5 buck barrier.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:46:25 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »

I'm probably in the minority, but was completely underwhelmed by this game.  I have no idea what all the fuss was about.  It has a fairly unique retro graphics style and a decent soundtrack, but was boring as hell to play.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:41:49 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 03, 2012, 07:58:58 PM

I'm probably in the minority, but was completely underwhelmed by this game.  I have no idea what all the fuss was about.  It has a fairly unique retro graphics style and a decent soundtrack, but was boring as hell to play.

Also in the "don't get it" camp.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »

I'm in the Best Game I Have Played on my iPad camp.

The fuss is entirely about the experience.  It belongs in the same honored crowd as Flower or To the Moon (though it doesn't come anywhere near TTM's story).  Also games that some people didn't get, because the "game" aspect is secondary to the experience.

I don't agree with those that say there is no gameplay in any of those games.  There's just a different style of it.  It's more emotional or cereberal or at least it triggers a different part of the brain.  But they are all totally accessible to anyone. 

I loved Sword and Sworcery and I look forward to what superbrothers has up their sleeves for the next go-round.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

I look forward to being able to play this on a platform I own.  I've been pretty sad for a while that the devs are apparently superfans of Apple and refuse to port it to Android.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »

Put me in the "really liked it" camp. Loved the look, loved the soundtrack, thought it was a great entry to the "games-as-art" camp along with Journey and Flower and Braid.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on April 04, 2012, 01:59:35 PM

I look forward to being able to play this on a platform I own.  I've been pretty sad for a while that the devs are apparently superfans of Apple and refuse to port it to Android.

The Facebook comments for Temple Run give some insight on how fun it is to develop for Android. slywink
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on April 04, 2012, 02:25:34 PM

Put me in the "really liked it" camp. Loved the look, loved the soundtrack, thought it was a great entry to the "games-as-art" camp along with Journey and Flower and Braid.

I loved both Flower and Braid. I've tried a couple of times to get into S&S and failed. I can look at it and respect that they really executed a vision that they had, but it doesn't pull me in like I hoped it would.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

and it's out.  $5.99 on Steam until the 23rd, then it'll be $7.99.  so much for not breaking the 5 buck barrier.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

Now that I have an ipad, I'm debating which thing to get it on. Probably wind up waiting for another sale on the ipad version.

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 04:27:29 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on April 04, 2012, 05:41:49 AM

Quote from: Gratch on April 03, 2012, 07:58:58 PM

Also in the "don't get it" camp.
I played the first “episode” the day I bought it and felt the same but I just went back to it on a whim and something clicked.  For me at least it’s definitely a game where the longer you play it and the more you look for the hidden things in the environment the more you will enjoy it.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 03:47:12 AM »

Finished it tonight.  Neat little game.  Pretty cool Easter egg following the credits.

Spoiler for Hiden:
At the end of the game you are told a set of numbers.  If you Google search them you can find a Twitter page called Tweetfella.  Also, if you’re feeling adventurous you can call the same number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: