http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:41:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swapping my XBOX for Gamecube  (Read 1869 times)
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2004, 07:39:38 AM »

I'm thinking about trading in my XBox and getting a gamecube. I never play on my XBox anymore because i find most of the games I play for the xbox I could get on the PC. I wanted to get a gamecube also because I never got to play the Zelda games for it.

Can anyone recommend any other fun games that arn't combat oriented or sporty that are multiplayer? I want to get my wife playing also, but don't know that much about gamecube games.

Does anyone have Donkey Conga? Is it fun?
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 07:41:15 AM »

I can reccomend you buy my very reasonably price Gamecube combo for sale and keep your XBox...which I honestly can't imagine anyone giving up...

thats my initial reaction!
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

I agree with Rage.  I bought a Cube when they hit $99.  It is the least played of my consoles by FAR.  Its a kiddie system assuming you have the other two.

olaf
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 09:35:31 AM »

I have both as well.

I bought my gamecube last christmas, and I haven't touched it in half a year.

There just aren't a lot of games for it! Yeah, I got it for Zelda as well, Rogue Squadron II, Mario Kart and Viewtiful Joe. All of them are great titles, but once you've played the classics for the game, there's not much you can do with a gamecube.

A console is only as good as its games, and there are just too few games for it. So, buy it as a secondary console for little money I'd say.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 10:39:48 AM »

Buy the GameCube and keep your XBox.  You'll have the best of both worlds that way.   If you sell your XBox, you'll probably be kicking yourself after a few months and wishing you still had it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 01:38:33 PM »

Highly Recommended GC mulitplayer games:
Super MonkeyBall 2
Mario Party 5
WarioWare

Highly recommended Non-Kiddie exclusive GC games:
Metriod Prime
Eternal Darkness
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtful Joe
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 01:42:13 PM »

Quote from: "Torfish"

Highly recommended Non-Kiddie exclusive GC games:
Skies of Arcadia

Skies of Arcadia was a Dreamcast "exclusive" long before it was a GameCube "exclusive".
 Tongue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 02:54:20 PM »

Recommended mp games in addition to what's been listed:

Mario Kart DD
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (if you have multiple GBAs)

I don't know how good the mp is, but the upcoming Metroid Prime 2 also has a multiplayer mode.  

Since you're interested in Zelda Games- try and track down the GCN editions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.  Both were given out as "bonus disks" and were never sold in stores.

Its not multiplayer but I MUST recommend Paper Mario 2 just because its fantastic.

[EDIT] And how could I forget the king of mp games on the Cube, Super Smash Brothers Melee!
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 05:50:07 PM »

Why not get a used Gamecube and try it out.  If you shop around you could get Zelda used and a used gamecube for around $70 or even less...throw in another used game and a memory card and you're still under $100.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 05:54:53 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
Why not get a used Gamecube and try it out.  If you shop around you could get Zelda used and a used gamecube for around $70 or even less...throw in another used game and a memory card and you're still under $100.

Rage mentioned above, he's selling his. It's listed in the trading forum, and has several games included.  I'd buy it, except I'm already overloaded with xbox and PS2 games, and have Halo 2 and Half Life 2 on the way!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 12:45:12 AM »

Wow!

Get a used one or got to BestBuy and get a new Metroid or Mario Kart (are they out yet?) bundle and a $20 GC with they deal they are running this week!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 01:15:35 AM »

I know the Target near me has the Mario Kart special bundle for sale for $99.  I think that comes with two controllers, too.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 01:25:34 AM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
I know the Target near me has the Mario Kart special bundle for sale for $99.  I think that comes with two controllers, too.

Yeah, that's the GameCube Holiday Bundle.  I would think adding, say, Metroid Prime 2 for $129 would bring in more people, but what do I know?

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 01:53:31 AM »

Yeah my XBox doesn't get used much at all. GameCube gets well over 80% of my whole family's game time.

Everyone has listed a lot of good MP games. I'm not sure if Jungle Beat is MP, but I'm looking forward to it either way.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 05:54:43 AM »

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but I cannot imagine why anyone would trade in an Xbox for a Gamecube.  I will trade you my Gamecube, 2 controllers and Metroid Prime for the Xbox straight up.  With Halo 2 coming out I am looking to get a 3rd Xbox, and my Gamecube has been gathering dust for months.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 02:30:38 PM »

I just got an xbox because it has lots of games I can get on my pc.
It gets rather expensive upgrading here and ther every couple of months
With the xbox I figured I dont have to worry about space and speed and graphic card any more and with the grand following on live, I still got my
multiplayers. No mouse and mouse and keyboard, but hey were human
we adapt :wink: .

I have a gamecube and you will never know it my 9 year old is going to get a new game the URBZ. he have not gotten any thing in months. he does better with his  GB advance.

but hey it what ever floats your boat. good luck :roll:

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 03:46:52 PM »

I love my xbox, but hey, if scubabble doesn't play his, and his family would play a Gamecube, I say go for it. There are a lot of fun 'family' and party type games for the Gamecube, plenty in fact to justify the purchase of the console.

Donkey Konga is another title I hear is very fun for multiplay.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 02:04:52 AM »

Oddly enough a lot of the same "family" games are on the Xbox...

I think you might to explore the Xbox's offerings more thoroughly instead of casting it aside.

That being said, My game machines get roughly equal playing time. There'll be weeks I don't play the Cube and Weeks that I don't play the Xbox. Just depends on what system I buy my games for. Lately I've been on a big Cube kick playing Tales of Symphonia, Second Sight, Xmen legends, Mega Man X Command Mission and just got Paper Mario 2, but I have a Halo 2 preorder waiting for me and I am certain that will eat up some of my time.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: