http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 11:18:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surprise! NEW 360 Backward Compatibility Update!  (Read 3445 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 02:04:04 AM »

Yippee!  It was really nice of the BC ninjas to surprise me on my birthday like this.  slywink

The games I'm still waiting on: Beyond Good & Evil, Voodoo Vince, Oddworld: Stranger, Rallisport 2 and Wallace & Gromit.  BG&E is the big one of that group. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:07:38 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 04:40:38 AM »

I went to Gamespot for Phantom Dust and Mercenaries, and they had a buy 2 get 1 free sale! So I got Mech Assault 2 as well.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 05:07:17 AM »

I think the one biggy I'm waiting for, but will probably never show up, is NFL 2K5.

I can dream though.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 05:27:35 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 20, 2007, 01:48:11 AM

Does anyone have experience running KOTOR on the 360?  I know it's on the list, but i have heard it has issues.  The rumored $90 trade in for the old XBOX towards the elite has me intrigued, but KOTOR is in my backlog and I really do want to play it.  I'll be kind of upset if I miss cutscenes and stuff on the 360.

i tried playing KOTOR on the 360 and it stuttered alot during cutscenes,and seen as though i love cut scenes,i took the game out and played it on my xbox1

good to see republic commando make the list,now i only have to wait for metal gear solid 2:substance,silent hill 2 and morrowind,then i am set

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »

Just to clarify a point made earlier- everybody excited about Oddoworld knows that it's Munch's Odysee and *not* Stranger's Wrath right?  Munch's Odysee is a nice little game and all but Stranger's Wrath is the one that has seemed to generate the most interest for BC and judging by the excitement on a lot of forums I go too I can't help but think people are getting the title's mixed up. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »

Nono. I know who Munch is. I finished that game back in the day; I had a blast with it once I got past the first few levels.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 01:53:05 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on April 19, 2007, 06:47:10 PM

Daisenryaku VII

FYI - I went online last night to order this and, as expected, the prices are already going up. The average prices I found between Half.com and eBay were approx. $25. I found one for $17 shipped but I believe that was because it was listed from a newer seller. YMMV.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 20, 2007, 12:26:48 PM

Just to clarify a point made earlier- everybody excited about Oddoworld knows that it's Munch's Odysee and *not* Stranger's Wrath right?  Munch's Odysee is a nice little game and all but Stranger's Wrath is the one that has seemed to generate the most interest for BC and judging by the excitement on a lot of forums I go too I can't help but think people are getting the title's mixed up. 
It's too bad Strangers Wrath didn't generate enough excitement for a sequel  icon_frown

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »

I'm glad everyone who's posted so far is happy with the BC list. I'm not sure why anyones surprised by the new additions as Microsoft promised to update it with new titles on a quarterly basis. I'm more surprised that it took them over 4 months since the last update.

I'm glad to see Phantom Dust, Street Fighter Anniversary, Mechassault 2, -OMFG Microsoft makes another of their own game BC- Mercenaries and JSRF added to the list.
It infuriates me to no end however, that Midtown Madness 3 and Rallisport Challenge 2 are still absent from the list. Just amazing that even with the 360 having been out for 1.5 years Microsoft still hasn't managed to make 2 of their own better games BC!  icon_evil
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 06:39:16 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 20, 2007, 12:26:48 PM

I totally didn't read the actual post carefully and screwed that up. I played a few hours of Stranger's Wrath and loved it but was distracted at the time and never finished it. I don't know what ended up happening to it, but I guess I sold it-damnit now I can't play it on 360!! Might still be worth getting mercenaries though!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2007, 06:41:52 PM »

I have mercenaries for the ps2, but never finished it (or got very far into it for that matter).  Is there any reason I should pick it up for the XBox to play on my 360 now that it's BC?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 20, 2007, 06:41:52 PM

I have mercenaries for the ps2, but never finished it (or got very far into it for that matter).  Is there any reason I should pick it up for the XBox to play on my 360 now that it's BC?

Just the better graphics, both those from the original XBox and the upscaled, AA-enabled 360 rendering.  Playgrounds of destruction need pretty colors and such.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Zap Rowsdower
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2007, 06:49:28 PM »

Still waiting for all of the action-RPGs myself.

Baldur's Gate (The first one)
D&D Heroes
Fallout: BoS
Gauntlet (the 1st one)
Hunter
Justice League Heroes
X-Men Legends

(And Gladius.)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2007, 06:54:49 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 19, 2007, 09:23:33 PM

BAD NEWS!  The Jet Set Radio Future BC update doesn't seem to work with the JSRF/Sega Rally two pack.  AAARGH!!!

And that's the only one EB has online, too.

As an update, Sega GT 2002 works fine on the dual disc release, but not JSRF!  I ordered a copy on Half.com.  Hopefully it's the right one.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 20, 2007, 06:41:52 PM

The PS2 version looks washed out and a lot darker at night than it should. Definitely snag it for Xbox if you have the chance because it's worth it. Man, is that game worth playing and just screwing around in. Example:

I lent it to a buddy of mine who said he'd tried it out but didn't have a whole lot of fun. I asked him what he'd done. "Oh, drive around a little, shoot stuff, 'bout it." To which I replied, "Stand aside, mortal."

I started a game from his save (he'd completed the first two or three missions so it was daylight). I hopped in a HumVee then bolted through town and headed towards the South Korean military base. Right in front of that is a fight between the South Koreans and the North Koreans. I fly past it without so much as blinking. I round the corner and two NK Tanks are right in front of me and they both take their shots. I dodge then drive right in between them and keep going. I round the next bend and see another NK tank fighting it out with SK ground forces who are being pummeled. I gun the HumVee and right as I get alongside the NK tank I leap out of the truck. I quickly run to the front of the NK tank and commandeer it. This animation alone makes my friend laugh out loud.

Once in the tank I decimate the few NK forces in the area then make a beeline back to the SK base where I engage in a massive firefight with both NK and SK forces (didn't seem right to piss off one without pissing off the other just for the hell of it). Right before my tank blows up I bail out and jump onto a low-flying NK helicopter which I promptly commandeer. In one fell swoop I was airborne and blew a lot of stuff up in the SK base before heading into town.

My friend spent the whole 20 minutes I played laughing like a maniac and asking me, "How can you do all this?!?!?!" To which I replied, "Easy enough, grasshopper. Imagine you want to blow something up, then ask yourself what would accomplish such a thing? Then search out such weapons of mass destruction and go to town."

Easily one of my favorite games ever and I can't wait for the sequel.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2007, 07:51:33 PM »

And that just about settles it.

I played it a little on the PS2, but I like the 360 controller so much better.  Couple that with superior graphics and I bet I can find a used copy on the cheap.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2007, 01:54:44 AM »

i managed to find a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta at Gamestop today...picked it up for $7.99.  unfortunately, they didn't really have anything else that interested me enough to take advantage of the 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' deal right now.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 06:08:43 AM »

Grabbed Mercenaries, Mech assault 2, and Hulk.  Should amuse me for a bit.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2007, 06:32:09 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on April 21, 2007, 06:08:43 AM

Grabbed Mercenaries, Mech assault 2, and Hulk.  Should amuse me for a bit.
Hulk is a great game.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: