http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 05:19:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Monkey Ball 2  (Read 1243 times)
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2005, 12:48:35 AM »

Well, I picked up this game for $10 and 1 for $10 as well. And I gotta say, the mini games are awsome fun, but the main game sucks!! And you cant even enter a cheat to unlcok the mini games. It is terrible! You are stuck playing through the craphole main game which you can only beat by hours of trying the same thing over and over again hoping you get lucky enough to ebat it. This game would be awsome if you could just play the party games, but the main game blows!! I am so pissed at it right now I feel like breaking it. I am forced to play a completely random game in order to unlock the mini games, which are the reason I bought the game!!!!!  :x  :evil:  :x  :evil:
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 01:27:20 AM »

I agree.  My wife bought it for me for my birthday this year, which was a big deal since she has *never* bought me a game in our 5+ years of marriage, but it just gets so damn hard that there's nothing motivating me to keep going....

And not fun-hard like Viewtiful Joe or Ninja Gaiden, it's boring-why-the-hell-would-I-want-to-subject-myself-to-this-level-again-hard.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 02:27:23 AM »

Pretty much. It is just completely frustrating. How did so many people like this game? I am so confused. And why cant there be a cheat to unlock the mini games? Come on, do you think I bought the game for the single player? Or why cant they just be unlocked? I just have a problem with party games having mini games locked to start out with.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:18:25 AM »

So im playing the challenges over and over again till I unlock them, or maybe somehow I can beat the game. I spent money on it so I just need to beat it! Well, its going to be a struggle though.
Pijaibros
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 04:56:40 AM »

I think I'm going to have to disagree there.  Monkey Ball has everything I wanted, difficult yet doable puzzles and addicting multiplayer.  As hard as some of the single player puzzles are, I knew it could be done.  That was part of the fun. http://www.klow.net/smb/ was another reason why I still fire up Monkey Ball from time to time.  It's fun tryng to be number one.  It saddens me that instead of a Part 3 for the cube, an xbox/ps2 compilation is going to be released.  So much for exclusivity.

I also bought both of these day 1 for full price and don't regret it one bit, they are that good.  It just grows on ya, after all it involves Monkeys!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 08:12:07 AM »

I'm gonna pick up the XBox Deluxe release (both games) when that comes out soon.  It has all the levels and mini games from both of the first two as well as some added levels.  I do hope that it has cheats, though smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 12:45:11 AM »

I agree about there needing to be a cheat to unlock the mini-games. Silly to force people to play a bunch of something they may not enjoy in order to play something they will enjoy. But I like the main game, actually. It's far better than SMB1's main game. The levels are much more imaginative. On the whole, I think SMB2 is a great game. At least you get infinite lives to finish the main game.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 03:20:51 AM »

Quote from: "Old Negus"
I agree about there needing to be a cheat to unlock the mini-games. Silly to force people to play a bunch of something they may not enjoy in order to play something they will enjoy. But I like the main game, actually. It's far better than SMB1's main game. The levels are much more imaginative. On the whole, I think SMB2 is a great game. At least you get infinite lives to finish the main game.

I thought the big thing was that they advertise the mini-games all over the back cover without telling you that you have to unlock them.  Instead, when you get home, suprise! you have to play the main game for 3-4 hours just to get enough points to unlock one of them.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 03:59:01 AM »

That was my problem with the game I bought it for the party aspect of it, then I get home, plug it in, and what? Only half of the mini games are unlocked. I would have been really pissed if I had rented it for a night with some friends. They act like it is a party game, when in fact it is not until you unlock the rest. Maybe Im wierd or something, but I think party games should be completely unlocked to begin with.

For those of you who have played it a lot, has anyone beat the launchers level? I cant do it. I swear it is impossible and is just luck. I have tried that one level alone for hours on end. I just cant beat it. The game is so much fun in the mini games and in the levels that use skill more then luck, but I dont like games based on luck. So how do I beat the launchers level?
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 06:29:54 AM »

Yeah, that is pretty mean to advertise the party games and then not have them available immediately.

About the launcher level: you mean the one with the four launchers all launching toward the huge pillar in the middle? When I first saw that one, I just laughed. NO WAY is that possible. But, after a few dozen tries I got it. If I remember correctly, you must line up correctly so that you launch yourself all the way up the pillar, not going off to one of the sides. Then, when you're coming back down out of the air, land on the top of the pillar. The goal is on the side so just roll off the side and into the goal. Even when I figured out how to do it it, it was still pretty hard.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 07:49:23 AM »

Are you trying to launch yourself through the goal?  You just need to get launched up on top of the spire.  Then, you can use the level overview view to find where you need to drop over the side to hit the goal.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »

Yeah, I just suck at that level. It is just about impossible for me. Ill try it again later tonight though. This game will not beat me! I am better then it! I have a couple of the other mini games unlocked now, but still, I dont understand the single player hardly being advertised. That launchers one just bites for me. A few more tries and hopefully I will have it beat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: