http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:10:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you camping out for the Xbox 360 on the 18th?  (Voting closed: December 17, 2005, 03:27:51 PM)
Yes - 6 (18.8%)
No - 26 (81.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday th 18th: Camping Out? When?  (Read 8848 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2005, 01:12:40 PM »

Quote from: "stimpy"
Part 2: The Last Temptation of Hetz

Quote from: "Hetz"
I thought it was wrong for him to "suffer" for a system for the express purpose for selling it on EBAY, when there are people like msduncan waiting in line for it getting denied one because of people like that.

You really are dense arent you?

How many times must I say I DIDNT STAND IN LINE WITH THE EXPRESS PURPOSE FOR SELLING IT ON EBAY!!!!!!!! AND I DIDNT SELL IT ON EBAY!!!!!AND I DIDNT SELL IT FOR PROFIT!!!!!!!!
IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH??????

Get your head out of your ass and wipe the shit out of your eyes and READ the fucking posts before you post your stupid replies trying to defend yourself. And now...this thread can die.

LOL

You were going to sell it on ebay, untiil this thread convinced you otherwise. There my work is done.  :wink:

And you just had to get in one last personal attack in didn't you. Really classy!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2005, 04:00:03 PM »

And you just had to get in one last personal attack in didn't you. Really classy!

Image removed by warning - see below.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2005, 11:29:35 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"

Hello new desktop image!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2005, 01:42:11 AM »

You were going to sell it on ebay, untiil this thread convinced you otherwise.

Could you be any more self righteous?
Ummmm....yea, sure....it was this thread and your wise words that stopped me from putting it on ebay. You showed me the light. ALL PRAISE HETZ!!!!!

My brother asking me to sell it to him for his kids had absolutely NOTHING to do with my decision. I would have just as soon kicked him in the nuts and jammed a broken ornament in his ear than do something like that. I actually looked forward to counting my money in front of the little bastards, as they sat there weeping under their 360-less tree. I'm sure I woulda laughed so hard that the egg nog would have flew outta my fucking nose!!! Yea, the visions of torture and plague were just starting to become clear in my mind, as my plan to bankroll my domination through buying 360's and selling them for profit seemed to be falling right into place.

That is, until I posted here. And you replied.
My life changed instantly. I saw the beauty of giving, as you so elequently pointed out the error of my ways. I saw that man CAN improve his life, if he only takes the time to READ the postings of a total stranger on the internet. You took my greed and turned it to love.

So I now see the errors of my ways.
And your truth and wisdom have become the blood that flows through my veins as I seek to redeem myself, just so I can post here with a clear conscience.

I have had a karmic epiphany.

I now have devised a NEW plan. One not of greed, but of redemption.
With the lessons have I learned from the 360 launch as my new religion and Hetz as my prophet, I shall make a list of all the people I have wronged in the past. I shall seek these people out and beg forgiveness for my past transgressions. And as I travel to find these people, some will remember me, some wont. But all shall remember me as I leave, for I am determined to leave the mark on others that you have left on me.

And as I turn to walk away, I will leave them all with these final words:

I once was blind, but now I see,
there is more to life than my pursuit of the 360,
An anonymous poster on a gaming website has taught me,
that ebay is for the wicked, and so wisely scorned me,
with words so wise and rare that it made my toes curl,
I bid you adieu,
My name is Earl.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2005, 02:17:36 AM »

Quote from: "stimpy"
You were going to sell it on ebay, untiil this thread convinced you otherwise.

Could you be any more self righteous?
Ummmm....yea, sure....it was this thread and your wise words that stopped me from putting it on ebay. You showed me the light. ALL PRAISE HETZ!!!!!

My brother asking me to sell it to him for his kids had absolutely NOTHING to do with my decision. I would have just as soon kicked him in the nuts and jammed a broken ornament in his ear than do something like that. I actually looked forward to counting my money in front of the little bastards, as they sat there weeping under their 360-less tree. I'm sure I woulda laughed so hard that the egg nog would have flew outta my fucking nose!!! Yea, the visions of torture and plague were just starting to become clear in my mind, as my plan to bankroll my domination through buying 360's and selling them for profit seemed to be falling right into place.

That is, until I posted here. And you replied.
My life changed instantly. I saw the beauty of giving, as you so elequently pointed out the error of my ways. I saw that man CAN improve his life, if he only takes the time to READ the postings of a total stranger on the internet. You took my greed and turned it to love.

So I now see the errors of my ways.
And your truth and wisdom have become the blood that flows through my veins as I seek to redeem myself, just so I can post here with a clear conscience.

I have had a karmic epiphany.

I now have devised a NEW plan. One not of greed, but of redemption.
With the lessons have I learned from the 360 launch as my new religion and Hetz as my prophet, I shall make a list of all the people I have wronged in the past. I shall seek these people out and beg forgiveness for my past transgressions. And as I travel to find these people, some will remember me, some wont. But all shall remember me as I leave, for I am determined to leave the mark on others that you have left on me.

And as I turn to walk away, I will leave them all with these final words:

I once was blind, but now I see,
there is more to life than my pursuit of the 360,
An anonymous poster on a gaming website has taught me,
that ebay is for the wicked, and so wisely scorned me,
with words so wise and rare that it made my toes curl,
I bid you adieu,
My name is Earl.

Err...are you done now?

Perhaps you missed the  :wink:

Oh and I also think you missed this:

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2005, 05:01:58 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

Hello new desktop image!

Glad somebody liked it.  :mrgreen:

warning

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2005, 05:58:07 AM »

All this drama in a thread with a misspelled "the" in the title.

Classic!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2005, 09:14:56 AM »

At least it wasn't spelled as "teh", I hate that.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2005, 11:41:01 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

Hello new desktop image!

Glad somebody liked it.  :mrgreen:

I actually found it a little offensive and insensitive, but it might be that I'm black and don't find the word Nigga being all that humerous

Ymmv, it seems

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
warning

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2005, 12:55:25 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"
I actually found it a little offensive and insensitive, but it might be that I'm black and don't find the word Nigga being all that humerous

Ymmv, it seems

Yeah I wasn't sure what to make of that before I went to bed last night.  I thought it veered pretty close to the first part of our Code of Conduct.  I'm glad you posted tru1cy because it solidifies in my mind that the image probably crosses the line and violates our CoC.  So I removed it.

I'm sure someone more eloquent that me could make a sterling defense that there's a difference between "nigga" and "nigger" but at the end of the day (or beginning of the morning as the case may be Tongue ) it sounded possibly offensive to me and was offensive to a black person.  I know no harm was meant and all - just having fun but I'm going to draw the line at that picture.

Feel free to email or PM me if you have questions.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2005, 02:36:56 PM »

Ymmv, it seems

I meant no offense.  There's a reason I distinctly used the word "nigga" instead of "nigger," as I know/have known several black folk that had zero problem with the first and major problems with the second.  And in my experience, the number that didn't have problems with "nigga" was far greater than those that did.

Granted, my largest cadre of black friends and acquaintances was a few years ago and it's entirely possible there's been a wholesale shift in usage of the word.  If that's the case, please let me know, as when I'm being offensive and insensitive I'd much rather be so on purpose. :twisted:

Quote from: "warning"

Yeah I wasn't sure what to make of that before I went to bed last night.  I thought it veered pretty close to the first part of our Code of Conduct.

Just had a look back at the first part of the CoC.  Hate speech?  Hate speech is far more than the words used, but entirely in the manner of their presentation.  If it was strictly in their usage your own post would be in violation.

By your own admission there was no malicious intent within the image posted.  I can tell you right now that the intent was to create a different (and potentially humorous) way of presenting the old adage about the pot calling the kettle black.  The word choice was deliberate and based entirely on the creator's (possibly dated) experience with the word not being considered inflammatory.

I've got no problems with pulling the image because some find it offensive.  It was something I tossed together in a couple minutes on a lark, not something I tossed together to stir up controversy.  My apologies to those it offended.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2005, 02:47:52 PM »

Wow have we run the gamut (sp?) in this thread.

Can we get some abortion talk or maybe right to bear arms discussions in there?  slywink
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2005, 03:21:10 PM »

Ymmv, it seems

I meant no offense.  There's a reason I distinctly used the word "nigga" instead of "nigger," as I know/have known several black folk that had zero problem with the first and major problems with the second.  And in my experience, the number that didn't have problems with "nigga" was far greater than those that did.

Granted, my largest cadre of black friends and acquaintances was a few years ago and it's entirely possible there's been a wholesale shift in usage of the word.  If that's the case, please let me know, as when I'm being offensive and insensitive I'd much rather be so on purpose. :twisted:

Yeah I wasn't sure what to make of that before I went to bed last night.  I thought it veered pretty close to the first part of our Code of Conduct.

Just had a look back at the first part of the CoC.  Hate speech?  Hate speech is far more than the words used, but entirely in the manner of their presentation.  If it was strictly in their usage your own post would be in violation.

By your own admission there was no malicious intent within the image posted.  I can tell you right now that the intent was to create a different (and potentially humorous) way of presenting the old adage about the pot calling the kettle black.  The word choice was deliberate and based entirely on the creator's (possibly dated) experience with the word not being considered inflammatory.

I've got no problems with pulling the image because some find it offensive.  It was something I tossed together in a couple minutes on a lark, not something I tossed together to stir up controversy.  My apologies to those it offended.

Honestly, I found no malice in your intent.   I actually understood  what you was saying.  My GF actually got a chuckle out of it when I showed it to her, but the word Nigga and Nigger mean the samething  really and just changing two letters at the end doesn't erase the hate that word is meant to represent.

Anyway, my last response on this subject.  CrayolaSmoker, I just wanted to point out that I really did understand your intent and really found no malice with it usage.  The word is still hateful as far as many black people are concerned

NiM$
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

Ymmv, it seems

Honestly, I found no malice in your intent.   I actually understood  what you was saying.  My GF actually got a chuckle out of it when I showed it to her, but the word Nigga and Nigger mean the samething  really and just changing two letters at the end doesn't erase the hate that word is meant to represent.

Anyway, my last response on this subject.  CrayolaSmoker, I just wanted to point out that I really did understand your intent and really found no malice with it usage.  The word is still hateful as far as many black people are concerned

Hey tru1cy,   I had no idea you were black, so this gives me a great chance to ask you a candid question.    I'll PM it to you....
warning

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2005, 04:29:40 PM »

Yeah I completely understand CS.  I know no harm (and certainly no hate) was meant and tru1cy realizes that as well.  And you're right, "hate speech" doesn't really fit but it's the category in our CoC we lump all "racially offensive" stuff into for better or worse.

It's just such a... powder keg of a word to use.  I know Chris Rock calls other black people "nigger/nigga" and that's somehow okay for him but I'm white as a sheet of paper and could never use that word without getting (justifiably) called out for it.  I think the world will be much better off once that word disappears.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"

Can we get some abortion talk or maybe right to bear arms discussions in there?  slywink

Nah.  We need a heated argument about why the DS is better than the PSP.

Tongue
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2005, 04:38:42 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"

Nah.  We need a heated argument about why the PSP is better than the DS.

Tongue

Fixed it for ya! slywink

NiM$
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2005, 06:15:39 PM »

:shock:

What the fuck happened to my thread?!

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2005, 07:19:59 PM »

Um, the date went by?   Because "it was there?"  Maybe, some people have nothing better to do?

Apparently, neither do I, or I wouldn't be answering your hypothetical question...  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"

Oh come on!  Everybody knows that when you start a thread about camping out at Best Buy for 360s you're gonna end with racist pictures.  It's internet law. :wink:

warning

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2005, 09:01:31 PM »

Oh come on!  Everybody knows that when you start a thread about camping out at Best Buy for 360s you're gonna end with racist pictures.  It's internet law. :wink:

[Emperor]

It is inevitable.

[/Emperor]
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2005, 10:17:25 PM »

[Emperor]

It is inevitable.

[/Emperor]

Okay, just making sure.  biggrin

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2005, 11:49:14 PM »

Today I learned that typing "phat ass" in Google Image Search is an eye-opening experience when you have SafeSearch set to "off." :shock:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2005, 11:55:15 PM »

I'm glad someone mentioned that graphic.  While it doesn't personally offend me, I found it rather uncomfortable having such an image displayed while I'm surfing the site from work (which is generally my litmus test for appropriateness).
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: