http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:31:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you camping out for the Xbox 360 on the 18th?  (Voting closed: December 17, 2005, 03:27:51 PM)
Yes - 6 (18.8%)
No - 26 (81.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday th 18th: Camping Out? When?  (Read 8864 times)
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2005, 06:47:18 PM »

Gratz man.   I chose not to wait in the cold and rain here in SC.  Someday I will have it but I refuse to camp.  Its just not worth it to me.
stimpy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2005, 12:46:03 AM »

I got to BB at 2 a.m. this morning. It was all of 1 degree outside. There were 19 people in line. By 6 the line had swelled to over 50. The BB dudes came out about 7:30 and started to hand out vouchers. They ran out at 34. There was 1 squad there to keep order, but they werent needed, as those that didnt get a voucher really werent there that long and just left after all the vouchers were handed out. The people in line were very cool to each other, no pun intended, and me and this other guy switched off saving each others spot while the other went to warm up in their car. At 8, the doors opened and there was some pushing to get in quickly, more due to the cold I think. I decided not to get any extra accessories or games at this point, just grab the unit and go. I was checked out and on my way home by 8:20. I still havent decided what to do with the unit, but at least I know I did what I set out to do. Most likely, the unit is gonna be sold and I will grab one later after more games have come out for it and they are more readily available. But because I spent most of the morning out in the cold, I think I can justify selling it for enough to get my money back and have enough extra to get the next one for free. Right now, there just isnt enough reason for me to keep it. No game really is grabbing my attention and there does seem to be some issues that need to be worked out with the unit design. I'm just afraid this is gonna end up like the PSP. That was the hottest thing at launch, but once the hype died down, alot of people regretted buying it so quickly. And the support has been pretty bad for the PSP up to this point. I still hardly use my regular XBOX, so I think the smartest thing to do is to capitalize on the hype surrounding this thing right now and see how things play out in the future, after the hype has died down and we see how the game lineup looks.  

For those that really want this console and were/are unable to land one, whether or not they want it to keep or to sell, keep trying. After the holiday, I think we all know this thing will be more widely vailable.
I personally think MS mishandled this launch and I for one think I'm gonna take advantage of their oversight. Once the hype about this thing not being available dies down, which will be very soon, the resale value will be much, much less. The window of opportunity is closing rapidly on cashing in on this. I'm not willing to wait to see how the game support is for this thing 6 months from now, knowing I could sell it now for a nice profit, and put it in the hands of someone who really wants it now..
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2005, 03:18:39 AM »

Quote from: "stimpy"
I got to BB at 2 a.m. this morning. It was all of 1 degree outside. There were 19 people in line. By 6 the line had swelled to over 50. The BB dudes came out about 7:30 and started to hand out vouchers. They ran out at 34. There was 1 squad there to keep order, but they werent needed, as those that didnt get a voucher really werent there that long and just left after all the vouchers were handed out. The people in line were very cool to each other, no pun intended, and me and this other guy switched off saving each others spot while the other went to warm up in their car. At 8, the doors opened and there was some pushing to get in quickly, more due to the cold I think. I decided not to get any extra accessories or games at this point, just grab the unit and go. I was checked out and on my way home by 8:20. I still havent decided what to do with the unit, but at least I know I did what I set out to do. Most likely, the unit is gonna be sold and I will grab one later after more games have come out for it and they are more readily available. But because I spent most of the morning out in the cold, I think I can justify selling it for enough to get my money back and have enough extra to get the next one for free. Right now, there just isnt enough reason for me to keep it. No game really is grabbing my attention and there does seem to be some issues that need to be worked out with the unit design. I'm just afraid this is gonna end up like the PSP. That was the hottest thing at launch, but once the hype died down, alot of people regretted buying it so quickly. And the support has been pretty bad for the PSP up to this point. I still hardly use my regular XBOX, so I think the smartest thing to do is to capitalize on the hype surrounding this thing right now and see how things play out in the future, after the hype has died down and we see how the game lineup looks.  

For those that really want this console and were/are unable to land one, whether or not they want it to keep or to sell, keep trying. After the holiday, I think we all know this thing will be more widely vailable.
I personally think MS mishandled this launch and I for one think I'm gonna take advantage of their oversight. Once the hype about this thing not being available dies down, which will be very soon, the resale value will be much, much less. The window of opportunity is closing rapidly on cashing in on this. I'm not willing to wait to see how the game support is for this thing 6 months from now, knowing I could sell it now for a nice profit, and put it in the hands of someone who really wants it now..

See now, I think that is just wrong. To just wait in line so you can sell it? You could have denied someone like msduncan a Xbox 360, just so you could make a little profit. Come on. It's not all about the almighty $$.

If you really didn't want the system, you should have not gone and let someone else that wanted the system get it....or you should have offered the system to msduncan or someone else here. I would have gone out to wait in line, but I have two small kids and my wife had to work until 1AM in the ER. I couldn't leave my kids alone, or I would have tried to get a system for someone here.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2005, 03:38:47 AM »

If you read my posts you will know that it wasnt my intention to go stand in line specifically to get one to sell. I wanted to see If I could score one.
Once I did, I decided I didnt want it bad enough at this time to hang on to it.

As for selling it, I dont see the problem. People buy things and sell them for profit all the time. I'm sure even you have bought something, had it increase in value and sold it. What makes things valuable is the fact that they are rare or hard to find. This is no different.

I didnt knock some kid down to grab it before he did. I didnt grab it out of someones hands. I stood in line and got one. If someone wanted it worse than me, they would have been there before me. I didnt know if they would have 2 or 20 when I got in line.

I didnt post here to rub it in anyones face that I scored one and what I am doing with it. Just stating my experience.

Oh and before you throw stones....

Quote from: "Hetz"
Yep, that's what I did. I sold my everytenminutes one for over $1,000!  biggrin

Come on. It's not all about the almighty $$.

Where was your sage wisdom then?
Where was YOUR concern for all your helpless fellow gamers then?
Seem pretty hypocritical to me for you to come and preach shit to others.
Or do you not have to live up to the expectations you have for others?
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 03:46:49 AM »

...and put it in the hands of someone who really wants it now..

Or you could've stayed home with likely the same effect.  Don't try to ad some altruistic benefactor tone to what you're doing.  Your motives are pure, unadulterated greed.  Accept it and move on.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2005, 03:51:53 AM »

If you read my posts you will know that it wasnt my intention to go stand in line specifically to get one to sell. I wanted to see If I could score one.

As for selling it, I dont see the problem. People buy things and sell them for profit all the time. I'm sure even you have bought something, had it increase in value and sold it. What makes things valuable is the fact that they are rare or hard to find. This is no different.

i'm sure there are several people here that would be interested in buying that system if you haven't already put it on eBay and wouldn't mind helping out a fellow GT member.  there's a thread stickied at the top of the Console Gaming forum with seven people who are looking for a 360, myself included.  if you're willing to sacrifice your profit, you have the chance to help out a fellow gamer for the holidays "and put it in the hands of someone who really wants it now..."

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2005, 04:04:16 AM »

ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2005, 04:22:25 AM »

I see nothing wrong in what stimpy did. Effort leads to reward: it's not as stimpy showed up at 8am and grabbed one.

So he didn't buy one for somebody here... that would've been nice, but not doing so doesn't mean he's an evil person.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2005, 05:05:58 AM »

See now, I think that is just wrong. To just wait in line so you can sell it? You could have denied someone like msduncan a Xbox 360, just so you could make a little profit. Come on. It's not all about the almighty $$.

Am I misremembering or did you not sell your free Xbox on Ebay?

EDIT- I see Stimpy's quote now.  And while I generally agree with your sentiment Hetz, I do find it mighty hypocritical when you could have come onto here or OO and offered to sell your free unit for MSRP.   And its not like you didn't know there was going to be such a shortage since you've repeatedly quoted your amazing prophecy from May about the need to preorder one at the earliest possible moment.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »

I didnt knock some kid down to grab it before he did. I didnt grab it out of someones hands. I stood in line and got one. If someone wanted it worse than me, they would have been there before me. I didnt know if they would have 2 or 20 when I got in line.

I didnt post here to rub it in anyones face that I scored one and what I am doing with it. Just stating my experience.

I didn't inentionally take one from someone that wanted it, by standing in line for the express purpose of selling it on EBAY.  Yes, I did win a contest and sell it, but that wasn't taking it from someone else that wanted it. It was a contest win. I also sold it before I knew that anyone here would have such a hardtime finding one.

In fact, I did the EXACT opposite of you, if you would go back and read my posts, I GAVE MY GUARANTEED PREORDER AT GAMESTOP UP SO SOMEONE ELSE COULD GET IT. The manager called the young lady right away, since she had just been in the store and was very sad about being 13th on list. I made her Christmas....which is a far cry from what you did. You did what you did for greed. Plain and simple.

So yes, I can throw stones.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 01:30:34 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

EDIT- I see Stimpy's quote now.  And while I generally agree with your sentiment Hetz, I do find it mighty hypocritical when you could have come onto here or OO and offered to sell your free unit for MSRP.   And its not like you didn't know there was going to be such a shortage since you've repeatedly quoted your amazing prophecy from May about the need to preorder one at the earliest possible moment.

Yeah, but at the time I sold it (which was before the release date), I had no idea it would be so hard to find it for so long. I thought people would be able to find one within a week or so. Had I known that it would be over a month before units would be available again, that would have been another story.

Also, people, since many of you don't remember, I had a guaranteed preorder at Gamestop that I gave up freely to someone else....that cost me a lot of money, but I did it to help someone get one. Like I said, it's not all about the allmighty dollar.

I would NEVER just stand in line for something to just turn around and sell it screwing people that really wanted it out of their system....but that's just me.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 02:04:28 PM »

Speaking as a Republican Capitalist ( slywink ),  I think you did fine.    You braved the elements and you managed to get one.   It is yours to do whatever you want.    Good luck!  smile
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2005, 02:10:27 PM »

Yeah, but at the time I sold it (which was before the release date), I had no idea it would be so hard to find it for so long. I thought people would be able to find one within a week or so. Had I known that it would be over a month before units would be available again, that would have been another story.

Also, people, since many of you don't remember, I had a guaranteed preorder at Gamestop that I gave up freely to someone else....that cost me a lot of money, but I did it to help someone get one. Like I said, it's not all about the allmighty dollar.

I would NEVER just stand in line for something to just turn around and sell it screwing people that really wanted it out of their system....but that's just me.

I agree with Hetz too.   He did have an extra WAY before we realized that nobody on even the mid summer preorder list would be unable to scrounge one up a MONTH after release.    We had not a clue how badly mismanaged this launch was going to be.    

I also had no clue how much of a negative impact Ebay has had on this sort of thing.   Half the people in line in front of me were there to make a buck on Ebay and they didn't hide it.    Did it piss me off and make me sad at the time time?  Yeah it did.    But in the end if they put in the time in line, they deserve to do whatever they want to with it.    

I now work all week so there will be almost nil chance that I'll stumble into one before Christmas.   I have to be at work at 8:00 -8:15 each morning, so there is simply no way for me to get to stores as they open before I come to work.       Looks like I'll be staring at my Xbox peripherals on Christmas.   Best Buy saturday night was really my last shot and I blew it because I had a company Christmas party I had to attend and should have left just an hour and a half earlier.   Had I done that I'd have one now.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2005, 02:55:05 PM »

I didn't inentionally take one from someone that wanted it, by standing in line for the express purpose of selling it on EBAY.

May I suggest the following.

So yes, I can throw stones.

Picture off CrayolaSmoker's website

Hey now!  No hijacking my bandwidth for your own purposes.  That's just rude! :shock:  :evil:  :wink:

...I had a guaranteed preorder at Gamestop that I gave up freely to someone else....that cost me a lot of money...

No.  It cost you the potential for a lot of money.  The most it "cost you" to give up that preorder was the price of a phone call or gasoline.

No matter what your intentions where when you sold your 360 via eBay and made $1000, you contributed to the creation of the subversion of the retail chain via eBay nontheless.  And if you're half as intelligent as I assume you are from your posts, you put it on eBay because you thought it would make you money, pure and simple.  You may not have known it'd go for $1000, but you had a hunch that it'd go for more than retail. (And you don't have the excuse of "paying for the other system I got/will get in March.") Otherwise, you'd have been happy selling it for retail plus shipping to a GTer or OOer that didn't take your presage wisdom and preorder it a decade ago.  You knew there were fellow gamers who weren't going home happy on the 22nd.

And for the record - I think both Hetz and Stimpy can do what they want with the systems they acquired, no matter how they acquired them.  What I've been objecting to is any hint of generosity and/or altruism from folks who've eBayed their units.  That's bullshit, pure and simple.  When you go to eBay with the biggest selling item of the Christmas season, you go to make money, not to "put it in the hands of a gamer who wants it" or to "help a parent make little Timmy's Christmas come true."

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2005, 03:15:59 PM »

I agree with Stimpy.  While its nice to help out fellow gamers, its also nice to earn money to get a free 360 down the road, and to help pay for the bills this time of the year.

I also think people who sold their systems on eBay, won another system free, shouldn't really scold others on the board.  If I got a free 360, and made another $1000 to pay for games and other bills, I don't think I'd feel so bad about not trying to sell the third system I had access to either.  After a free system, and $1000, I'd be in a generous mood as well.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2005, 03:33:07 PM »

I feel badly for those who do not have the 360 yet, I do...

But I see no problem with stimpy choosing to EBay the 360.  I waited in line at my local Costco, all excited for the system.  But once I got it home on launch day, before I opened it, I checked EBay out of curiosity.  Most were only going for $600 at that point; that just was not worth it to me, so I opened it up and enjoyed.  

But later that day when I saw them going for $1,100?  I was kicking myself a little.  

There is no obligation to help out a fellow gamer.  I think it is incredibly nice of those who have made attempts to do so.  But if someone chooses to sell it to basically get enough to cover most of the cost of their own 360, I can't blame them at all.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »

Okay, I took a sick day today because my entire body feels like it has been stretched, compressed, and then twisted around into shapes that only the most horrific of creatures could imagine.

I think it is just exhaustion and slight cold. Nothing big but enough to warrant a day off. What am I going to do? Hmm, rest on my lazy boy with a big blanket and play Xbox 360 me thinks.

Sparhawk GT is my gamertag.  biggrin

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2005, 05:16:30 PM »

This is the last I'll say on this subject.
Hetz, you won one. You sold it for profit.
You then bought another one, thus taking 1 off the market for someone else. You then gave up the chance to buy another one.
By my count, if you had just held on to the first one, there would be 2 more happy gamers out there because of you, not just 1. So you took one away from someone. Spin it however you want, you came out ahead, and you cost at least 1 person the shot at having one.

I stood in line to get one, just to give it a try.
I hadnt decided while in line whether to keep it or sell it, I just wanted to try and get one.
I did.
When I was driving home, I didnt feel it was worth keeping, knowing what the market is for them. I came home, posted what happened to me here and went to bed. This morning I woke up and decided I would sell it, to my brother, for cost, so my 2 nephews could enjoy it. I know this will make their Christmas and it makes standing in line worth it to me. Since my bro cant afford it all at once, he is paying me 100 bucks a month for 4 months. At that time, hopefully I wont have to stand in line to get another one if I want it.

I never came here and stated I was going to stand in line for the express intent of selling it for profit. In fact, when I woke up this morning, I was mighty tempted to rip that box open and hook it up. But I just dont see myself using it all that much right now. And after talking to my brother about it, I am doing what I feel is the right thing with it, which was my intention from the start. If he didnt want it, I would have had to think about what I wanted to do with it again. But the moral crisis is over, and my "pure, unadulterated greed" will not be condeming me to hell.....this time. But once again, as my brother put it, Old Uncle Stimpys "stupidity", as in standing in line at 2 in the morning, will pay off again, just not in the way some of you that are so quick to judge others here might have thought.
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2005, 05:42:47 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"

It was colder than a witch's tit, but for a good part of the night I was inside this...

Which does have heat amazingly.  :lol:

What up? You were in a waterfall? WTF? LOLOMG you people are funny.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2005, 08:07:22 PM »

This is the last I'll say on this subject.
Hetz, you won one. You sold it for profit.
You then bought another one, thus taking 1 off the market for someone else. You then gave up the chance to buy another one.
By my count, if you had just held on to the first one, there would be 2 more happy gamers out there because of you, not just 1. So you took one away from someone. Spin it however you want, you came out ahead, and you cost at least 1 person the shot at having one.

There is just one thing wrong with your logic....I never bought one at all.

I won one and my sister in Canada won one. She sent me hers (which is the one I have now, since she had no interest in it) and I sold the one that I won here in the USA. In fact, I hardly made any profit on the system that I sold since I used it to get my sister some amazing Christmas gifts since she sent her Xbox 360 over a week before the retail street date. I did have one reserved at Gamestop, but I gave that one up to someone else on the list....which I explained up above.

Does that clear things up for you?

By my count I am now at +2 Happy Gamers and you are at -1 until you sell yours on Ebay or to your brother or whatever.  Tongue

Anyway, I guess we will just agree to disagree about this.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2005, 08:40:39 PM »

There is just one thing wrong with your logic....I never bought one at all.

Good point.  By my reckoning, Stimpy actually has more integrity in the matter than you since he actually took several hours of his own time to wait for it and invested $400 in captial to make his profit.  You did nothing, could have sold it for MSRP to someone on a forum you at least know in some remote sense, still profited $400 on it, and yet went to Ebay sold it for $1000 and came here to crow about it.  

I don't think its really a big deal that you sold yours or that he was going to sell his.  What I'm flabbergasted with is how you could possibly think you were in any place to call anyone out on it.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2005, 08:57:29 PM »

360's were just as hard to find on release day, as evidenced by the long lines Hetz.  Why didn't you give msduncan one then?  You were very quick to take the guarenteed profit then, when gamers here didn't have systems.

You have your system, made a tidy profit, and then attack others that actually sat in line for theirs, whether they want to play them or not?  Jeez.  The more you argue, the worse you look.

In fact, I hardly made any profit on the system that I sold since I used it to get my sister some amazing Christmas gifts since she sent her Xbox 360 over a week before the retail street date.

So, it isn't okay for someone else to sell the system and use that money for presents, or something else?  Maybe if stimpy spent any money from profit on your sister, then it'd be okay, and people on the forum wouldn't feel bad?

---
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2005, 09:24:27 PM »

Isnt it ironic....dont ya think?

About the only person bitching here about people selling theirs is the one who didnt buy his.

So you not only got 1, but 2 for free. And 1 of those you sold for pure profit. And you have the balls to gloat about it and pass judgement. What did you sacrifice to get yours? Nothing. What did it cost you to get yours? Nothing. You have lost all credibility in this matter. And I dont agree to disagree. You are wrong in assuming that all the people selling it have bad intentions, while what you did is just fine and dandy, because YOUR intentions were pure....to YOU. How you got your hands on your 2 and what you did with one of them is just as bad if not worse than what most people standing in line are doing with theirs. You just aint man enough to admit it. Quit trying to save face. And quit passing judgement. You obviously aint in no position to do so.

Pretty pathetic.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2005, 10:53:36 PM »

Ok, so I prove you wrong about me buying it and shoot your theory to shit and this is the best you can come up with?

Pretty pathetic.

I'll pass judgement on whomever I please, whenever I please. Don't like it, tough. I'm not trying to save face.

Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2005, 11:02:10 PM »

shoot your theory to shit and this is the best you can come up with?

but you didn't, no no no you didn't. You think you did.

anyway, i played on everytenminutes and I didn't win. What if I was in your timeslot, maybe I could won one. So you can count me as -1 happy gamer in your math.

Glad you sold yours for lots of money. I hope stimpy gets more money. But whatever you can't complain about him since you did the same thing.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2005, 11:52:06 PM »

It's peoples money. Money is not an item; it's a potential value. Hetz was lucky, Stimpy had opportunity and msduncan has had little of either.

Sad thing is, greed is a motivator.

I have just picked up a second Xbox360 premium today, and I'm trying to decide on whether to sell it to a CG'er (this one was picked up for a local friend who then refused it) or if I should ebay it and try to recoup some financial loss for my original 360.

It's a tough decision, one I've not fully decided on yet. frown I didn't think I could be greedy, but clearly the dark side is calling me. :evil:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2005, 11:54:39 PM »

Pretty pathetic.

Like ignoring a plethora of well-written posts from folks OTHER than Stimpy that point out errors in your logic?

I'll pass judgement on whomever I please, whenever I please. Don't like it, tough. I'm not trying to save face.

Oh, we're well aware of that at this point.  But I like to think it's because you're in a spot you can't save face from.  :twisted:

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2005, 12:11:44 AM »

All of you need to calm the fuck down right now. My head is exploding over watching this back and forth over a console that was under produced stateside, over promoted, and that has not one single game I'm even remotely interested in. For those of you with the console, more power to you. For those of you without, I bid you nothing but good thoughts and hopes in your quest to attain one. Stick to the poll, don't stick to the poll, I don't care anymore. But knock it off with the blatant hypocricy, name-calling, backstabbing, backbiting, et al.

Now, for a real argument, keep it funny. If you're going to waste our forum space with a fight, then make staff and moderators laugh. That will go a long way towards not pissing all of us off, and if you haven't noticed we've collectively been on a short fuse of late. Now, enjoy the rest of the thread, and if you need to all take a break and calm down might I direct you here:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10295

Thank you for your attention. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2005, 12:22:33 AM »

We had a nice, civil, pleasant conversation rollin' along here, with tea and crumpets even, and you have to come along and muck it up.  Look buddy, just 'cause you've got "Console Gold Staff" next to your name doesn't mean I can't take said staff and beat you with it!  :wink:

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2005, 12:25:11 AM »

Ok, so I prove you wrong about me buying it and shoot your theory to shit and this is the best you can come up with?

Pretty pathetic.

What was your argument again?  Let me try and summarize:

- You were give two systems.  One you kept, the other you sold for quick cash and profit before offering it to others.
- Another, a third system came up from your original preorder.  At this point, after owning a system for a while, and selling another for $1000 profit, did you decide to not eBay another system, or ask fellow forum members that you try and defend.

So, after all this Hetz, you have a 360, $1000 profit from it, and some kind of high morale ground.

Also, to be clear, at no point Hetz, did you wait in line for a system, or do anything beyond enter an online competition, or get a call from your sister?  I suppose you did go to the mall to deal wtih your original preorder.

Stimpy, on the other hand, sat out all night for his system.  After getting his system, he decides that maybe he isn't so excited, and would like to also sell his system, potentially to pay for bills, or games down the line, whatever.  Stimpy would like something for actual time that he invested in it.

So, we have one person here, who gets gifts, and takes no risks on selling or trying to obtain a system, passing judgement on a person who sat out for many hours, and may want to sell it.  

Hmm.

But knock it off with the blatant hypocricy, name-calling, backstabbing, backbiting, et al.

I've seen far worse then this without comments.  It is annoying that some of dubbed themselves the morale police and feel free to attack others, especially when they did the exact same thing...

---
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2005, 12:49:38 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"

Pretty pathetic.

What was your argument again?  Let me try and summarize:

- You were give two systems.  One you kept, the other you sold for quick cash and profit before offering it to others.
- Another, a third system came up from your original preorder.  At this point, after owning a system for a while, and selling another for $1000 profit, did you decide to not eBay another system, or ask fellow forum members that you try and defend.

So, after all this Hetz, you have a 360, $1000 profit from it, and some kind of high morale ground.

Also, to be clear, at no point Hetz, did you wait in line for a system, or do anything beyond enter an online competition, or get a call from your sister?  I suppose you did go to the mall to deal wtih your original preorder.

Stimpy, on the other hand, sat out all night for his system.  After getting his system, he decides that maybe he isn't so excited, and would like to also sell his system, potentially to pay for bills, or games down the line, whatever.  Stimpy would like something for actual time that he invested in it.

So, we have one person here, who gets gifts, and takes no risks on selling or trying to obtain a system, passing judgement on a person who sat out for many hours, and may want to sell it.  

Hmm.

But knock it off with the blatant hypocricy, name-calling, backstabbing, backbiting, et al.

I've seen far worse then this without comments.  It is annoying that some of dubbed themselves the morale police and feel free to attack others, especially when they did the exact same thing...

Do I take the bait........ummmmm......no.

Life is too short for this kind of crap.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2005, 01:09:57 AM »

Guys...     I have absolutely no hard feelings with Hetz or Tebunker or anyone else that has gotten one and sold it.   I realize it's a hugely tough decision to make, and those that have won an Xbox or managed to happen upon one have been very fortunate and they shouldn't feel the least bit guilty or sad about doing whatever they want to with them.

I've just been untimely, unlucky, and not in the right place at the right time.    On Saturday night had I left the Christmas party 1 hour earlier I would have an Xbox under my tree right now.    If I had preordered in May I would also have one.  (however I can't see how ANYONE would have predicted that you'd have to preorder a half a year in advance, but that's just me).

The bottom line is that everyone has to do what is best for them -- be it making some money to help them through Christmas, playing it themselves, or helping out a fellow gamer.      I harbor absolutely zero hard feelings toward anyone on this great site and in this great community for any of the 3 options.   Ok?     smile

That being said -- the wife is still willing to pay cost plus 2 day or whatever it takes to get it here by Christmas shipping if anyone finds one and wants to help out.    :wink:

The only people that should feel bad about this crap is partly EBgames for overselling, and Microsoft for fumbling this launch so badly.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2005, 01:17:59 AM »

What bait?  Personally, myself, and it seems a lot others are still trying to determine why what you did is any different then what you attacked Stimpy for.  You threw the first stone and attacked another forum member.

Did I not summarize your argument correctly?  Logically, your argument doesn't hold up.  You got 2 systems, kept one, sold the other on eBay, and never waited or suffered for a system.  You judge another forum member for suffering for a system and then deciding to try and make a profit on it.  Where am I wrong?

---
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"

What bait?  Personally, myself, and it seems a lot others are still trying to determine why what you did is any different then what you attacked Stimpy for.  You threw the first stone and attacked another forum member.

Did I not summarize your argument correctly?  Logically, your argument doesn't hold up.  You got 2 systems, kept one, sold the other on eBay, and never waited or suffered for a system.  You judge another forum member for suffering for a system and then deciding to try and make a profit on it.  Where am I wrong?

I thought it was wrong for him to "suffer" for a system for the express purpose for selling it on EBAY, when there are people like msduncan waiting in line for it getting denied one because of people like that. Both the systems that I got were won. I did not take them from someone else that wanted it. The one that I had on preorder I did give to someone else.

As for the suffering bit, I did my "suffering" years ago for the PS2, except I didn't sell it. I waited in line cause I wanted to play it. Crazy thought, I know...   :roll:

The whole "attack" thing is pretty weak. Christ, all I said was I thought it was wrong. I don't really think that is somekind of huge attack. You are pretty thin-skinned if you that is somekind of horrible personal attack, if ask me.

I just think it is wrong that this point to get a system purely for profit. Knowing what I know now....I would have sold mine to someone here at cost no question. Like msduncan said, I had no way of knowing that it would still be this hard to get a system. But whatever...some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing I guess...so if you think what I did was the exact same thing as stimpy, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat.

Have a good night. I'm off to play my Xbox 360!  :lol:

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2005, 02:36:06 AM »

Like msduncan said, I had no way of knowing that it would still be this hard to get a system.

Dude, don't make this too easy smile

Quote from: "Posted by Hetz on Nov 17th"
Oh....I am 100% sure it is real. As for if it will last....I would think so. Microsoft didn't deliver on their promiced numbers for launch day, so I wouldn't believe them when they say there will be "weekly" restockings...if you don't get one on the 22nd, I think you probabily won't be able to get one until 2006...unless you get really lucky.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2005, 03:06:52 AM »

Like msduncan said, I had no way of knowing that it would still be this hard to get a system.

Oh....I am 100% sure it is real. As for if it will last....I would think so. Microsoft didn't deliver on their promiced numbers for launch day, so I wouldn't believe them when they say there will be "weekly" restockings...if you don't get one on the 22nd, I think you probabily won't be able to get one until 2006...unless you get really lucky.

Oh Jesus Christ. Ok, fine. Drag up quotes from a month ago if you must. Heh, at least that quote shows I was right, once again.  Tongue

All we need now is that retarded "pwned" pic and this stupid thread can end...

At least I know I am still right...   Tongue  :wink:

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2005, 04:50:28 AM »

Hetz.  A legend in his own mind.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2005, 04:57:25 AM »

Oh Jesus Christ. Ok, fine. Drag up quotes from a month ago if you must. Heh, at least that quote shows I was right, once again.  Tongue

All we need now is that retarded "pwned" pic and this stupid thread can end...

There. The End.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2005, 05:27:39 AM »

Part 2: The Last Temptation of Hetz

I thought it was wrong for him to "suffer" for a system for the express purpose for selling it on EBAY, when there are people like msduncan waiting in line for it getting denied one because of people like that.

You really are dense arent you?

How many times must I say I DIDNT STAND IN LINE WITH THE EXPRESS PURPOSE FOR SELLING IT ON EBAY!!!!!!!! AND I DIDNT SELL IT ON EBAY!!!!!AND I DIDNT SELL IT FOR PROFIT!!!!!!!!
IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH??????

Get your head out of your ass and wipe the shit out of your eyes and READ the fucking posts before you post your stupid replies trying to defend yourself. And now...this thread can die.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2005, 05:28:07 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
There. The End.

NOOOOOO!!!  It can't be!  I whipped the following up just for the occasion.

You are pretty thin-skinned...

Image removed by warning - see below.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: