http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 01:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summoner 2 - another solid Cube title, any others?  (Read 755 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2005, 04:39:29 PM »

i have a Cube for the same reason i have every Nintendo machine - the Legend of Zelda.  however, i really don't use it very often, my games of choice tend to be on the Xbox first, then the PS2, and my beloved Dreamcast.

that doesn't mean that there are no games for the Cube, and i'd like to hear about your favorites.  i happened to really enjoy Summoner 2 -  it wasn't perfect, and i have some issues with the ending (no spoilers, email me if you're curious), but i played it through, was totally hooked the whole time, and would recommend it to others.  

it's got rpg (action, not turn-based), hack-and-slash, magic, some puzzling, and exploring/ collecting elements.  i had a hard time getting past the first screen - what me, read the manual? - but once into it, i had a blast, and for a long time, too.  there's a lot more that i liked, i'm sure,  maybe someone with a better memory will fill in the blanks!

let's hear about your favorites and why they're your favorites! details, please...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 11:31:02 PM »

I could spend hours here, I like to be the one who finds the gems, and I love playing with the cube controller, and it just seems like the Cube has some games that don't get a lot of love but are actually decent titles.

One personal fave is Swingerz Golf, very solid game of golf that has great swing mechanics, good courses and a decent challenge mode. When it came out about 3 years ago I think it got panned because it wasn't as over the top as Hot Shots or as Realistic as Tiger, but it had goofy characters and realistic physics etc. I Love popping it in and playing away.

I agree on Summoner 2, I played through that and had a blast. I enjoyed 1080, not a 50 dollar title but on the cheap it is a good diversion.  Billy Hatcher is a great platformer that gets destroyed by it's style and image. I liked both Lost Kingdoms titles, and had a decent time with both.

I think Pitfall was one of the better platform games to be released this generation and was completely passed on by all gamers. There was so much to keep you interested and the challenges made sense, the play mechanics were solid and the story was campy but halfway fun.

I really enjoyed BountyHunter, and it got panned. The whole Jango Fett thing was fun and it played out pretty good.

I think that's enough for now, there are definately more games, ones rated in that nebuloud 6 to 7.9 range, that I really found some fun in. Not for everyone of course, but I could've easily passed over them and something made me try em out and I liked em.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 02:58:30 PM »

wow, no love for the Cube, i guess...?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:17:47 PM »

My faves:

Eternal Darkness
Zelda
Metroid Prime
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mario Sunshine
Simpsons Hit and Run and Simpsons Road Rage
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Soul Calibur 2
Lord of the Rings TTA

Currently playing Resident Evil 4. It's gorgeous, but I am not sure the game is great yet, but I am early on.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: