http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 02:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sudeki is Gold  (Read 3198 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2004, 04:38:20 PM »

Working on putting on the news page and updating the game record, but Sudeki is GOLD.

July 15, 2003

Get Ready to Summon Your Spirit Strike -- Sudeki Goes Gold

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Sudeki, the exclusive Xbox® roleplaying game (RPG), has gone gold and is scheduled to ship to stores on July 20 in North America for an estimated retail price of $49.95 (U.S.). Sudeki will be available in Europe in August. Developed in the U.K. by Climax Group, Sudeki immerses players in a world of real-time, fast-action combat, where they'll need to use their wits, magic and powerful Spirit Strikes to defeat other-worldly forces.

Four heroes -- a sultry wizardress, a soaring gunslinger, a powerful swordsman and a dark huntress -- are about to be hurtled over the edge in a flight into a world of darkness and evil. Sudeki pushes the limits of what an RPG can be by providing bigger worlds, more powerful heroes and sexier heroines; all set in the context of fantastical real-time action. In a world ripped apart by deceit, Sudeki players become heroes on a twisting path of betrayal, real-time combat and unbelievable magic.

Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the Xbox® video game system and Windows® and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse games for Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/games/), including such franchises as Age of Empires®, Flight Simulator and Zoo Tycoon™; Xbox (http://www.xbox.com/), including such franchises as Halo®, Project Gotham Racing and MechAssault; and Zone.com (http://www.zone.com/), the official games channel for the MSN® network and home to such hits as Bejeweled and OutSmart™.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 05:07:32 PM »

I might actually buy this game.

It would be the first RPG I have ever bought for a console if I do.

Hmmm... branching out from sports titles... how interesting that would be.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 06:23:47 PM »

Ponch - Join me as we walk into the world of barely played games. All genres are welcome! biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 08:44:47 PM »

I'm considering getting this game after playing the demo.  If the demo is a good representative of what the whole game is like, it'll warrant a purchase.  Hopefully there aren't any huge glaring flaws that spoil the game.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 08:49:09 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Ponch - Join me as we walk into the world of barely played games. All genres are welcome! biggrin

"IN!"

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 02:03:01 PM »

It says that you can play all 4 heroes.... does that mean it's multiplayer?

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 06:36:37 PM »

There's no multiplayer.  It just means that you can switch control between any of the four characters.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »

The gameplay sounds fun and an RPG is always a fun ride,,, but the graphics are too "cartoony" for me.  Looks like a Nintendo game.

Looks fun though.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 01:42:44 PM »

The reviews so far are in the "above average" category and the downright "average" category:

IGN: 7.8 (Review)

Team Xbox (IGN Network): 7.9 (Review)

1Up: 5.5 (Review)

Basically it seems the combat is great, but the rest of the game is pretty lackluster.  I also guess the story doesn't really kick in until about 10 hours into the game (granted, KOTOR's story didn't kick in for a bit either) and you fight bosses 1-on-1 instead of with the party.  From the IGN review the ending is also very lame, but they didn't want to spoil the story.

I wasn't expecting much from Sudeki since Fable is the Microsoft produced RPG that gets all the attention and, unlike Fable, Sudeki's appearance at E3 2003 didn't set the world on fire.  However, I will say Fable had better be pretty darn good because I think a lot is riding on it from both Lionhead (Big Blue Box) and Microsoft's perspective.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 01:52:42 PM »

Yes, those reviews make one think.

LD

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 01:56:36 PM »

I believe we're getting a copy, so hopefully you'll hear from someone about this soon.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 02:29:56 PM »

oh i really hope so, its good to know that its going gold. im waiting for the release.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 02:32:14 PM »

I actually believe it should be in stores today.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 02:36:43 PM »

well there you go, i was thinking next week for some reason.  :oops:
i might just pick it up this weekend, but id still like to hear about it!

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Voice of Reason
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 03:11:45 PM »

So how do you pronounce this game?  I'd like to not sound like an idiot when I go and ask for it.  I'm thinking its:  Su-deck-eee.  Any ideas?

Live tag: VoR Cobra
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 03:19:06 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
The reviews so far are in the "above average" category and the downright "average" category:

IGN: 7.8 (Review)

Team Xbox (IGN Network): 7.9 (Review)

Guess Microsoft didn't pay IGN for the deluxe review package like Atari did.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 03:25:24 PM »

Quote from: "Voice of Reason"
So how do you pronounce this game?  I'd like to not sound like an idiot when I go and ask for it.  I'm thinking its:  Su-deck-eee.  Any ideas?

That's my guess.  And El, IGN gave Driv3r a bad review...you're thinking of those UK mags that probably got paid off by Atari.  5.5 is even lower than the 60 I gave it...so maybe I was paid slywink

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 03:42:01 PM »

Really?

I could have sworn someone told me that IGN was one of the offenders. Or maybe it's because during my meeting with IGN at E3 this year when they were showing me their nifty little Gamer demographics system which was predicting that Driv3r was going to be a huge hit.

Not like I would know - I haven't hit that site since that whole Mcdonalds fiasco. What was it the McGriddle? That's a level of sell-out beyond my ability to comprehend.

but then again as Doc Holliday said "It appears my hypocrisy knows no  bounds."
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 04:08:08 PM »

Yeah, the big hitters here in the US all gave it pretty bad scores.  1Up is probably the lone good score on this side of the ocean at an 8.5, but he certainly has his reasons for giving it that score.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 04:21:29 PM »

I admit I only read the IGN review but it seems like the demo was actually a good indication of what the game is like.  Combat great and fun but not much story or other stuff.

Oh well I will probably pick it up or rent it just becuase I am an RPG junkie.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 05:28:13 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
Not like I would know - I haven't hit that site since that whole Mcdonalds fiasco. What was it the McGriddle? That's a level of sell-out beyond my ability to comprehend.

I think it was the McGriddle incident that put the final nail in their credibility.  Besides that, they devote a huge amount of the viewable screen to full-page ads.  I'm actually surprised IGN posted their Catwoman reviews (4.0) when the entire main page is a giant add for the game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 07:36:59 PM »

Ah the catwoman game.

Just when you started to think there might be hope for a movie to game conversion.

IMHO - all they would have had to do to make a big selling game - is some simple little 2d scroller that unlocked some very choice pics and movie clips of Halle from movies such as Swordfish, Monster's Ball, and of course her in that Catwoman Costume.   :wink:

I mean really - I'm gonna go see the movie, but I have no problem in admitting that I'm really only going to see Halle in that costume.

Same reason that no one really goes to Hooters for the food.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 08:55:41 PM »

Quote from: "Voice of Reason"

I'd say it's either pronounced that way or Soo-de-KI with the accent on the last syllable and a long I sound.  It would rhyme with "In your eye".
I've always said it the first way, but I think the second one sounds cooler.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 06:40:16 AM »

Oh my God, is this a poor game after the first hour of play... Wowzers. Expect a 60-minute Shakedown as soon as I get a bit of sleep. Trying to write at 11:30PM isn't exactly the best of ideas.

And it would've been up eariler, if UPS didn't misplace my local EB's shipment of this game...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: