http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 02:17:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck in Blue Dragon *spoilers*  (Read 977 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2007, 12:24:47 AM »

Ok so I'm completely lost right now. I just got my mechat and flew to that purple star on my map which proceeded to go into the planet split sequence and now I'm in the center with the cube worlds, there's also a dimensional rift that can take me back to a time before the split. What in the hell am I supposed to be doing? I've seriously been lost for like 2 hours now unsure of where to go, I landed on that cube world with the dino and got my ass handed to me, and it's the same story almost every place I've been to. The game is giving me zero direction right now.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 12:48:54 AM »

Hmmmm.... This faq I'm looking at is making me nervous. It's saying that once you get to the cube worlds, you should be level 50+ ,and my highest level guy is like 37... But I haven't had any trouble with the boss fights so how could I be so behind?

Sean Lama
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 03:56:49 AM »

If levels are a problem, go ahead and use your barrier items, go to Jibral Castle, and get the Poo Bracelet. Give it to your fastest character (or even better someone with a Belt of Hermes so they always go first), and fly to the Southeast of the world, looking for an island called like West Archipeligo. You are looking for the island where the Golden Poo Snake spawns. With the poo bracelet and first attack, you kill him instantly for like 20000 gold, 2k experience, and 40 SP each time...you can just run around aimlessly until you level up as needed killing Golden Poo Snakes.

You'll need be about lvl 45+ or so to takle the last dungeon IMO, or at least shadows with 50+ in skills, either or.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »

the sea cube is the first of the cubes you should do which is just north of Jibral castle

i did it last night,its quite a lenghty thing,i am level 44-45 ATM

and for the boss in the sea cube you may want to

Spoiler for Hiden:
make sure you have protection against water attacks,because the water snake is in 6 parts head,neck stomach,spine etc,and each one is a bit of a bitch,and his water attacks sting a little...even if you use your limit breaks(hey i'm calling them that okay!!),they willl only kill one part of the snake which ever part you are on,no matter how much damage it does

that Poo snake that Pharaoh mentions is easy,gives you an achievement for killing it as well......i had the shoes of hermes on(which i had to get from a black barrier chest in the ancient factory)and the poo bracelet...if you dont have something of hermes on it just flees straight away and you cant kill it

alot of walkthrus also are for the harder settings,mainly Japan as we havent 'officially' had the harder setting yet
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:40:10 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »

actually i have just been looking it up

after you get the merchat

theres the sea cube,(which has the black device for the black barriers)
mecha base(in the ice fields...i just got my 10+ encounter achievement here)
keleso village(this is what i have just done,and its where i have saved)
the aurora ruins(find out why Toripo wants to be there so much)
ancient ruins-forest(you may remember this as the other part of the demo that was on xbox live)
deserted islands(as mentioned above)
upper mecha base

and then,there are the cube worlds(mecha robo,primitive)

so there are still lots of places to go to explore and level while you explore for those final cube worlds

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 08:35:45 PM »

Wow, it's amazing how Blue Dragon takes an almost Oblivion-style turn towards open-ended gameplay towards the end like that

Sean Lama
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on September 17, 2007, 08:35:45 PM

Wow, it's amazing how Blue Dragon takes an almost Oblivion-style turn towards open-ended gameplay towards the end like that

prolly catered for people who are getting tired of the game and they can go straight to the end levels  icon_lol  (i have 50 hrs in now...i am guessing at least another 5..maybe 10 will see me to the end)

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 01:14:10 AM »

I am level 42/43 right now and towards the end of Disk 2 I think as I just rescued Kluke and entered the base -- 55 hrs

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 01:20:57 AM »

Quote from: DamageInc on September 18, 2007, 01:14:10 AM

I am level 42/43 right now and towards the end of Disk 2 I think as I just rescued Kluke and entered the base -- 55 hrs

Damn, I don't even see how you racked up that many hours before switching to disk 3, I'm at about 31 hours at around lvl 35ish, and well into disk 3. At the point I am now, I see how I could rack up the hours, but not before.

Sean Lama
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 02:33:52 AM »

i hated that base,LOL...demo and full game!!...you will prolly be okay though at that level

i am now level 49 just did that forest from the demo...easy as pie this time round

DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 03:40:02 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on September 18, 2007, 01:20:57 AM

Damn, I don't even see how you racked up that many hours before switching to disk 3, I'm at about 31 hours at around lvl 35ish, and well into disk 3. At the point I am now, I see how I could rack up the hours, but not before.

It's probably because currently I have over 1500 nothings. That equals a great deal of searching. I literally search every nook and cranny and talk to everyone, sometimes more than once.
That racks up a great deal of time.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »

I hate to admit it, but I've decided to throw in the towel on this one. I simply hate how directionless the game has become at this point. I'm underpowered for most of the areas that I enter, so basically I would have to rely on a Faq or you guys to tell me where to go, that's not how I wanted to finish the last quarter of the game. Plus, with everyone saying Eternal Sonata is the better RPG, I don't have the patience to plow through the rest of BD's shortcomings just to see the ending cutscene. Thanks for the input though, everyone.

Sean Lama
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 06:21:52 PM »

hmm,thats a shame....i am on and off the game every few days,knowing that i am winding down to the end,i think i have about 4-5hrs left...but i have been playing games like Halo 2,GTA:SA ..and i cant get enough of the COD4 beta...but i am determined to finish BD,i have enjoyed the game,and i am looking forward very much to 4 DVDs of Lost odyssey

DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 04:53:02 PM »

Just finished it last night, kinda bumbed no acheivement for finishing the game, but oh well.

Over 1650 Nothings, I wanted to make it to the final 1800, but just couldn't find anymore.

My ending chars ranged in level from 65 to 73 and all had maxed Dragon classes.

For most of the game everything was just cannon fodder (I did too much leveling) but I enjoyed the game and story.

I still want to take a few more cracks at the games two super bosses and then off to the trade/sell bin

DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on September 17, 2007, 12:24:47 AM

Ok so I'm completely lost right now. I just got my mechat and flew to that purple star on my map which proceeded to go into the planet split sequence and now I'm in the center with the cube worlds, there's also a dimensional rift that can take me back to a time before the split. What in the hell am I supposed to be doing? I've seriously been lost for like 2 hours now unsure of where to go, I landed on that cube world with the dino and got my ass handed to me, and it's the same story almost every place I've been to. The game is giving me zero direction right now.

Spoiler for Hiden:
That "purple star" takes you to the end of the game's final dungeons and your final battle with Szabo and Nene. If you are just at the start of Disk 3, I would recommend hitting all of the "extras" in the game. Disk 3 is mostly made up of extra quests to prepare you for the final battle. If you want to forge on just get in your Mechat and fly to the green cube on the map. Going into the portal just takes you back out of the time rift. Think of it as an exit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: