http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 07:15:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter IV Impressions  (Read 22850 times)
kadnod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on February 18, 2009, 07:55:00 PM

Anyone try playing this with the standard 360 controller yet? I hear some rumblings that SF4 is a bit more forgiving when it comes to pulling off special moves and this makes playing with the D-pad a bit more tolerable. I ended up playing SF2HD with the 360 controller and was fine playing with characters who didn't have a sharuken (sp) motion attack (e.g., zangief, chun li, blanka, gulie, etc). Pulling off a dragon punch with the standard D-pad was a bitch, though.

Is the game still worth getting if you don't have the duckets to plunk down for a special controller? I'm still probably going to get the mad catz gamepad, but my brother is resisting getting the game because he can't afford also buying a controller with it.

I've played with both the gamepad and the standard controller.  The game was fun using either.   The button layout on the pad feels more intuitive and a few special moves were easier to pull off.  However, I certainly didn't feel like I was playing with a handicap when I used the standard controller. 

So, for anyone looking to play casually with friends and family, I think the regular 360 controller is fine. 

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 19, 2009, 04:41:15 PM

Quote from: Chaz on February 19, 2009, 04:33:33 PM

Keep posting, guys.  Every time I read a post about stupid cheesy characters or the details of combo executions/fighting tactics (how deep you have to hit, long vs. short versions of attacks, etc), the more I realize this game is totally not for me.  This is good, because, well, this game is totally not for me.  Bring it on!

Yeah, I wish I'd listened to my doubts.

Quote from: Simon on February 19, 2009, 06:45:37 AM

I think I'm out already. I'm on Easiest, getting my ass kicked all the time, and just generally being more frustrated than having fun. Shame.

Same here.

Sure does look cool, though.

Yall are talking about Seth on Easiest?

If so, I'm not quite sure what the problem is... who are yall using?  I've beaten it on Easiest with about half the characters so far, and it's never been frustating (Medium or higher is totally different, so I have no tips for that).

As wonderpug said, you can beat Seth with the good ol' Jumping High Kick to Crouching High Kick almost every time.  Guess it depends on the character though, but it definitely works for Ryu/Ken/Sagat/etc.  Any character with a long reaching jumping High Kick should be very easy to beat Seth.  With other characters it's harder... let me know who yall are trying it with, and I'll try when I get back home tonight.

Just make *sure* you're playing on Easiest because the difficulty does not get saved.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on February 19, 2009, 07:03:57 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 19, 2009, 04:41:15 PM

Quote from: Chaz on February 19, 2009, 04:33:33 PM

Keep posting, guys.  Every time I read a post about stupid cheesy characters or the details of combo executions/fighting tactics (how deep you have to hit, long vs. short versions of attacks, etc), the more I realize this game is totally not for me.  This is good, because, well, this game is totally not for me.  Bring it on!

Yeah, I wish I'd listened to my doubts.

Quote from: Simon on February 19, 2009, 06:45:37 AM

I think I'm out already. I'm on Easiest, getting my ass kicked all the time, and just generally being more frustrated than having fun. Shame.

Same here.

Sure does look cool, though.

Yall are talking about Seth on Easiest?

If so, I'm not quite sure what the problem is... who are yall using?  I've beaten it on Easiest with about half the characters so far, and it's never been frustating (Medium or higher is totally different, so I have no tips for that).

As wonderpug said, you can beat Seth with the good ol' Jumping High Kick to Crouching High Kick almost every time.  Guess it depends on the character though, but it definitely works for Ryu/Ken/Sagat/etc.  Any character with a long reaching jumping High Kick should be very easy to beat Seth.  With other characters it's harder... let me know who yall are trying it with, and I'll try when I get back home tonight.

Just make *sure* you're playing on Easiest because the difficulty does not get saved.

Iall was playing on Very Easy and was planning on Easiest tonight.  My guy was the French dude who is the first character that pops up when you start, so I always take that to be the default (even though I had a strong feeling that he was probably a lame choice for the default). 

Annoyingly, after, no joke, an hour on the bastard, I finally was able to sweep him down then use the charge mid-attacks to knock him down again and repeat.  Not cake, but it worked and I was very proud of myself.  Then we go into round two and the cheating son-of-a-bitch pulls out about eighty new moves.  WTF?!  And he's computing my moves and countering like there's no tomorrow.  I spent more than two hours on this and was beyond frustrated that I had to quit without completing one Single Player Arcade round.  Seriously, designer-jackasses, I'm already admitting my lameness by playing in the ridiculous VERY EASY mode.  You named it that.  Why the F am I playing a guy who can wipe the floor of the high-tech-in-a-60s-way room with my ass?!  You call that easy?!  My TV came close to gaining a controller-shaped hole right in the middle of its screen last night.  And I don't know where I'm going to put all the hair I pulled out.  Grr.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »

With Seth, just set the game to 1 round matches. That way he doesn't pull out the bullshit that he has access to once you've beaten him once.

Yes, it's cheezy as hell, but the boss himself is a load of shit. My only recommendation for when he has access to the second round moves is to make him blow his ultra early (in other words - you MUST do a ton of damage early in the round), as he apparently can't miss with with (at least I've never dodged or blocked it). Once you've done that, just be aggressive constantly and you'll pull out a win. If you let him get advantage on you, he WILL kick your ass.

Still a cheating bastard.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »

I'd say Abel (French dude) is probably one of the more advanced characters to learn how to use.  He relies a lot on a command throw (throws that require a special motion) and specials that require built-in combo followup attacks.  If you're looking for a "default" character you're almost certainly looking for Ryu and Ken, who are more or less the same they've been for the last 18 years. 
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:25 PM »

Seth on easy 1 round match is still hard for us mere plebes.  I'm starting to get the hang of the crouching cheese after beating him twice.  I think it will go a little faster the 3rd time (I hope).
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

Quote from: skystride on February 19, 2009, 08:09:25 PM

Seth on easy 1 round match is still hard for us mere plebes.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, the easiest difficulty is "Easiest," not Easy, not Very Easy.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 19, 2009, 07:57:40 PM

I'd say Abel (French dude) is probably one of the more advanced characters to learn how to use.  He relies a lot on a command throw (throws that require a special motion) and specials that require built-in combo followup attacks.  If you're looking for a "default" character you're almost certainly looking for Ryu and Ken, who are more or less the same they've been for the last 18 years. 

I know Ken and Ryu are the standards, but it seems to me that the first character choice should be the one to ease you into the game.

Quote from: wonderpug on February 19, 2009, 08:15:56 PM

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, the easiest difficulty is "Easiest," not Easy, not Very Easy.

Yeah, I started on Easy, but didn't get very far.  On Very Easy, it was a decent challenge for me.  The rival was a bit tough, but I was able to pull it out in a reasonable number of tries, and then Seth came along and pooped on my party.  I will try Easiest, and I'm dumping Frenchy, but I'm still very damned annoyed.

I remember people complaining about the final boss in the last Dead or Alive game.  Seth seems way worse than that to me.

Honestly, I may see if I can cry to Best Buy and return it.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on February 19, 2009, 07:48:32 PM

With Seth, just set the game to 1 round matches. That way he doesn't pull out the bullshit that he has access to once you've beaten him once.

If you set Arcade to 1-round, then Seth will already start out with his advanced moves in the one round you play him.

Just so others here don't get the wrong impression.  I would still recommend playing 1-round though, just to make the whole thing go faster when you play with multiple characters.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 19, 2009, 08:42:11 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on February 19, 2009, 07:57:40 PM

I know Ken and Ryu are the standards, but it seems to me that the first character choice should be the one to ease you into the game.

Yeah, I started on Easy, but didn't get very far.  On Very Easy, it was a decent challenge for me.  The rival was a bit tough, but I was able to pull it out in a reasonable number of tries, and then Seth came along and pooped on my party.  I will try Easiest, and I'm dumping Frenchy, but I'm still very damned annoyed.

I remember people complaining about the final boss in the last Dead or Alive game.  Seth seems way worse than that to me.

Honestly, I may see if I can cry to Best Buy and return it.

Don't play Abel, he is more of an advanced character like wonderpug says.

And *definitely* play Easiest... any other difficulty starts to ramp up fast.  Don't return the game yet, it's really great.  Play Easiest with a more noob-friendly character, and just be aggressive and don't let Seth take the initiative cause he will kick your ass usually then.  The Challenge Trials are really fun and will familiarize you with all the different characters.

Remember, jumping high kick -> crouching high kick.
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:40 PM »

Loving the hell out of it so far. Controls with the standard 360 controller are just fine for me so far. I'm using the analog stick. Playing as the old standby Ken and after 15 minutes practice can bust out all the special moves pretty much at will. The advanced combos are tricky to pull off in challenge mode but that very well could be my suckitude more than the controller.

I'm levendis13 on live if you want to kick my ass.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2009, 12:04:22 AM »

Finally unlocked all the colors.  Woot!  Not touching the challenges again. lol

As pug mentioned, the difficulty levels of the challenges is not indicitive of the fun you can have with the game.  The game is made for multiplayer and that is where the fun is.  You don't have to ever do the crazy ass timing or combos in multiplayer to have fun or even to do well against 95% of the opponents out there.  If you bought the game or were thinking of buying the game for single player I think you should rethink it because that isn't where it shines. The cpu is completely unfun to play against.  Thankfully it was a simple matter of being hyper aggressive and having it on easiest with 1 round to unlock the characters and I will probably not play arcade mode ever again unless incredibly bored. 

As for doing the time trial and survival mode challenges to unlock colors, just pick Zangief, do a jab green fist at the start into a fierce SPD.  As soon as you bounce back do a jab green fist and jab SPD.  Repeat as needed.  If you end up really close try the fierce SPD for more damage at the expense of range.  When you have super filled use it, when you have ultra, use it.  Every now and then use an ex green fist.  This is all I did for the 100+ rounds required to beat the challenges.  Boring as HELL but it was very easy and had minimal retries.  Barely get hit each round.

On matches with unlimited SUPER gauge, use Akuma (thanks for the idea pug!) and just spam his super combo.  Do it right after your back fades.

On matches with unlimited SUPER gauge but no super combo, the Zangief combo still works.

On matches with no special abilities at all, use Ken or Ryu and just do jumping roundhouse to foot sweep and repeat.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:17:48 AM by Harkonis » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide/3163881/street_fighter_4/xbox_360

there is a decent guide on the characters and tactics.
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »

Gertbeef's tactic works perfect.  The quickest way to unlock all the characters on Easiest is to set the match to one round, set the timer to 30 seconds.  Until you get to Seth, pick your best character and clean house.  Once you get to him, lose, then pick any character you haven't already beaten him with.  When the match starts try the jumping high kick, to low kick sweep if you have a character that can do it.  If you're using others (like Dhalsim for instance) try long range attacks, or just jump in and out to chip away his health.  The point is to damage him just enough for a win, then turtle until time runs out.  It's cheap, but it works.  I blew through about 6 or 7 different characters last night in a couple of hours with little frustration.  I would have had one more, but I got overzealous with Akuma and beat Seth to a pulp before I realized time was about to run out and I was supposed to be losing.  (It felt really good though!  icon_twisted)  Two days ago he was manhandling me no matter who I picked, save for getting lucky on the first fight with Ryu.

I started using Focus attacks last night against the AI and it really seems to help.  Seth in particular became almost effortless because he just didn't seem to know what to do to counter them.  In what little multiplayer I've done, no one seems to use them at all.  What does everyone think of the focus attacks?  Are they a worthy addition, or a cheap gimmick?

For those that are into fighting games, stick with it if you have the patience.  When I picked it up a couple days ago, I was feeling the same way you are now.  I was screaming at my TV because I felt like I had just wasted 65 bucks.  After putting some time into it, everything started to click and I already feel like a much better player.  Don't feel bad about putting it on the Easiest level, the computer is a straight-up cheating bitch.  The simple fact is the more you play, the better you will get.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:06:00 PM by Glycerine » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »

I was able to get a lot of great matches going with Xbox Live strangers last night.  I'm finding the easiest way to get a game going is to set arcade mode to accept unranked match invites and then start practicing in arcade mode.  (Ranked mode will give you too many Kens and Ryus these first few weeks while everyone is learning the game.)  A match invite usually pops up the instant the first arcade round begins, and once I'm in a game with another player I keep playing them until they kick me* or one of us decides to stop playing.  The majority of the strangers I played were trying lots of different characters, too, instead of just Ryu and Ken.

*I'm finding people don't seem to like it when I beat them in the first match with El Fuerte.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »

got some surprises for you when I next play ya pug..   ninja
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »

Oops I didn't realize there were modes under "Easy"  icon_redface

Seth on easiest took me 2 tries when I tried last night.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:06:18 PM by skystride » Logged
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 20, 2009, 02:09:42 PM

Anything you picked up while fighting me?   ninja

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2009, 03:41:18 PM »

Can you change the difficulty in the challenge mode? All I see is normal and hard.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 20, 2009, 03:39:46 PM

syphilis?

Because I can,
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 20, 2009, 03:47:02 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on February 20, 2009, 03:39:46 PM

syphilis?

ban

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 20, 2009, 03:41:18 PM

Can you change the difficulty in the challenge mode? All I see is normal and hard.

No, it's set.  CPU level varies per challenge and per round within challenge.  I finished all 20 normal survival challenges last night, and 19/20 time trials.  Both series seem to go up and down in difficulty, with bash-your-head-against-the-wall humps followed by easy-breezy respites.  In one of the very last challenges, for instance, all you have to do is beat a high defense Zangief in 200 seconds.  Just that one fight.  Bizarre.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2009, 04:32:11 PM »

So I'm insane and I made a spreadsheet to more easily note which colors, alt costume colors, and taunts I prefer and dislike for each character.  I even made some space by each character for text so I can write down reversals or armor breaking moves or whatever for characters I'm still learning.  Trying to upload it in this post in case anyone else is as obsessive as I am about these things. smoke

(It's formatted to 8.5x14 paper.)
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2009, 04:37:18 PM »

Thanks Pugsy!

I almost lost my thumb last night trying to do that 'double-fireball-triple-punch-thing' for Ryu in the second set of challenges. Eventually I had to bail on it...

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »

I, for one, love me some wonderpug.  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 20, 2009, 12:04:22 AM

Finally unlocked all the colors.  Woot!  Not touching the challenges again. lol

As pug mentioned, the difficulty levels of the challenges is not indicitive of the fun you can have with the game.  The game is made for multiplayer and that is where the fun is.  You don't have to ever do the crazy ass timing or combos in multiplayer to have fun or even to do well against 95% of the opponents out there.  If you bought the game or were thinking of buying the game for single player I think you should rethink it because that isn't where it shines. The cpu is completely unfun to play against.  Thankfully it was a simple matter of being hyper aggressive and having it on easiest with 1 round to unlock the characters and I will probably not play arcade mode ever again unless incredibly bored. 

As for doing the time trial and survival mode challenges to unlock colors, just pick Zangief, do a jab green fist at the start into a fierce SPD.  As soon as you bounce back do a jab green fist and jab SPD.  Repeat as needed.  If you end up really close try the fierce SPD for more damage at the expense of range.  When you have super filled use it, when you have ultra, use it.  Every now and then use an ex green fist.  This is all I did for the 100+ rounds required to beat the challenges.  Boring as HELL but it was very easy and had minimal retries.  Barely get hit each round.

On matches with unlimited SUPER gauge, use Akuma (thanks for the idea pug!) and just spam his super combo.  Do it right after your back fades.

On matches with unlimited SUPER gauge but no super combo, the Zangief combo still works.

On matches with no special abilities at all, use Ken or Ryu and just do jumping roundhouse to foot sweep and repeat.

Good tips, thanks for this.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 20, 2009, 04:37:18 PM

Thanks Pugsy!

I almost lost my thumb last night trying to do that 'double-fireball-triple-punch-thing' for Ryu in the second set of challenges. Eventually I had to bail on it...

Not sure if you know this, but you can bind all 3-punches to just one button (think it's left bumper or left trigger by default).  It's very easy with that.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2009, 05:47:14 PM »

Is that what that P-P-P means?!!!

Good God, I'm an idiot! I thought I had to hit one of the punch button 3 times, not all 3 punches.

That should be easier!

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »

I'm currently laughing with you, not at you.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »

Yep - Still think P-P-P is misleading!  icon_cry

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »

Quote from: Glycerine on February 20, 2009, 12:53:52 PM

I started using Focus attacks last night against the AI and it really seems to help.  Seth in particular became almost effortless because he just didn't seem to know what to do to counter them.  In what little multiplayer I've done, no one seems to use them at all.  What does everyone think of the focus attacks?  Are they a worthy addition, or a cheap gimmick?

IMO it's a legit addition, but it's an advanced tactic.  Casual players are pretty much never going to use it, unless they specifically take the time to learn and practice it.

I like the whole focus attack system, even though I suck in general.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 20, 2009, 05:47:14 PM

Good God, I'm an idiot!

<cues Lockdown's entry music>

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2009, 07:58:07 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 20, 2009, 07:35:22 PM

Yep - Still think P-P-P is misleading!  icon_cry

Perhaps the programmer had a st-st-studder?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2009, 08:20:55 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 20, 2009, 07:57:18 PM

Quote from: Devil on February 20, 2009, 05:47:14 PM

Good God, I'm an idiot!

<cues Lockdown's entry music>

I think I'm safe - He can't read.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:12 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on February 20, 2009, 07:40:19 PM

Quote from: Glycerine on February 20, 2009, 12:53:52 PM

IMO it's a legit addition, but it's an advanced tactic.  Casual players are pretty much never going to use it, unless they specifically take the time to learn and practice it.

I like the whole focus attack system, even though I suck in general.

I actually found the focus moves to be quite easy to use, even from the very beginning. I brought a friend over tonight who's pretty much never played fighting games before, and even he was able to pull them off quite deftly soon enough. Learning to counter them is actually harder than using them yourself. All you need to do to do a focus attack is to press and hold two buttons until either the attack triggers on its own or you've taken one hit and suspect your opponent might get in one more before you're done. After a few tries, you'll also realize you're supposed to follow up by a low kick or sweep, and that's that. There's more you can do with the focus attacks, but even beginners can do what I described above.

Anyway, I bought the game today and have been playing it all evening. It's a really excellent fighting game, and I've enjoyed every second. Played about 10 ranked matches so far, and won only one. Some players play incredibly cheesy, like this one guy who used Sagat and did nothing but fireball attacks from a distance. Still, even such tactics can be countered if you can keep your head cool, which I like a lot. Games like Tekken aren't very satisfying to me as I can play them for days and still feel like a total beginner, while Street Fighter IV already gives me the feeling I've gotten much better, yet it still reminds me that I have miles to go.

My fighter of choice is Fei Long. He's just incredibly fun to play as.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »

anyone play the PC version yet?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on February 21, 2009, 12:54:31 PM

anyone play the PC version yet?

There is no PC version yet, AFAIK. A release date hasn't been announced.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »

so, I got my Gamefly copy last night and played it for a bit on SP. some randomness:

Seth is pure cheese, but so far playing around on easiest to unlock characters I've only had issues beating him with Bison.

I see they included all the other cheese moves for the other fighters.  I used Vega's slide kick (where you knock them down, and then immediately execute another one just as they're getting up so they cannot move or block- it's pretty much the same move that killed my desire to play the coin-op back in the day) to cheese Seth to death with a perfect victory.

anyone else finding the anime cuts to be pretty badly animated?  I'm assuming they just cut parts from one of the anime episodes.  WTF was up with Rose's ending?  oh, and it felt like the credits were longer than the actual playtime of my first set of matches.

I used the pactice mode to try and figure out some moves, but even though I was executing the button/d-pad combos correctly (according to the side bar that lists what you are hitting) most of them wouldn't work.  I'm not sure if I'm caring enough about the game to invest in the stick controller.

Blanka looks 'off' for some reason.

It seems that every now and then the game just decides that you are not going to win a match no matter what.  on one of my final matches (with me using Bison) Seth just went off with special moves and I barely got one hit in.

Because I can,
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2009, 04:00:21 PM

I see they included all the other cheese moves for the other fighters.  I used Vega's slide kick (where you knock them down, and then immediately execute another one just as they're getting up so they cannot move or block- it's pretty much the same move that killed my desire to play the coin-op back in the day) to cheese Seth to death with a perfect victory.

Not sure what you're talking about here, cause when you play human players there's certainly a counter for that.  If you're talking about cheesing the AI.... well, that's just the AI.

I used the pactice mode to try and figure out some moves, but even though I was executing the button/d-pad combos correctly (according to the side bar that lists what you are hitting) most of them wouldn't work.

That's cause a lot of combos have to do with proper timing and distance.  Not just hitting the correct buttons.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: